Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Big cat' blamed for livestock attacks

Still Waters

Farmers have claimed a big cat is roaming the Welsh countryside following a string of savage attacks on livestock and sightings by terrified residents.

The beast, described as a large jet-black animal similar to a panther, is being blamed for a series of deaths of cattle and sheep in Pembrokeshire in recent weeks.

In one incident, a ewe was found ripped limb from limb while another farmer described seeing the predator fleeing his yard with a lamb in its jaws.

There have now been nine apparent sightings of the big cat in the area around Princes Gate, near Narberth.

Police and the Welsh Assembly have launched investigations into the sightings and photographs of a large paw print found in the mud on one of the farms affected is being examined.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nettysavalon

• Coffey

• tipotep

• Golden Duck

"...wildlife experts claim that although some of the killings bear the hallmarks of a big cat, the prints and photographs do not provide conclusive evidence that such a predator is to blame."

Well then, if there are only eye witnesses and tracks, it's obviously hoaxers in a cat suit. After all, these are "wildlife experts" and they KNOW that there are no big cats in Britain.

Well what goes around comes around Britian has used other lands as a biologal dump. And now it's Britians turn to suffer from exotic animals problems.

Well what goes around comes around Britian has used other lands as a biologal dump. And now it's Britians turn to suffer from exotic animals problems.

Erm.... where the hell did that come from?!

Erm.... where the hell did that come from?!

Can't tell whether this was a comment with some personal sentiment to it, or just someone being cheeky, but historically he's absolutely correct.

In times of british conquest by sea, englishmen brought with them and nicely spread around the globe all sorts of animals that were fine and native to England and Europe, but completely unknown and alien to other places of the world they've visited. Rats, mice, cats, dogs, pigs, even animals like deer or pheasant so royal pricks could have their 'joy time' hunting them down, they all traveled with the sailors, intentionally or unintentionally is irrelevant now, presence of our european animals brought a lot of destruction and extinction in habitats that weren't used to them.

I live in New Zealand for 9 years now, I'm polish to begin with, and here we have a perfect example of such action, native Kiwi gone nearly extinct in here because they didn't have any instinct telling them run away from cats or dogs, they never seen one before, also rats, possums (not native to NZ) and the like were brought here too, effectively decimating eggs of birds that had no clue of how to defend themselves from these new intruders.

So yea, whether it was a sarcastic and bitter comment, or just attempt at being cheeky trying to strike someones chord, he was correct.

Can't tell whether this was a comment with some personal sentiment to it, or just someone being cheeky, but historically he's absolutely correct.

In times of british conquest by sea, englishmen brought with them and nicely spread around the globe all sorts of animals that were fine and native to England and Europe, but completely unknown and alien to other places of the world they've visited. Rats, mice, cats, dogs, pigs, even animals like deer or pheasant so royal pricks could have their 'joy time' hunting them down, they all traveled with the sailors, intentionally or unintentionally is irrelevant now, presence of our european animals brought a lot of destruction and extinction in habitats that weren't used to them.

I live in New Zealand for 9 years now, I'm polish to begin with, and here we have a perfect example of such action, native Kiwi gone nearly extinct in here because they didn't have any instinct telling them run away from cats or dogs, they never seen one before, also rats, possums (not native to NZ) and the like were brought here too, effectively decimating eggs of birds that had no clue of how to defend themselves from these new intruders.

So yea, whether it was a sarcastic and bitter comment, or just attempt at being cheeky trying to strike someones chord, he was correct.

You can blame us for the possums :blush:

Its funny you know , we have stories over here of large cats attacking animals , described as being black and puma like , sound familiar ?

TIP

Do feral cats grow bigger in size? There's a common beleif they do, here in Australia, but is it fact?

Hey Mangoez , sure feral cats are bigger than the standard domestic cat but by no means big enough to be mistaken for a puma or large cat ,i had the pleasure of blasting one a few weeks ago on a hunting trip :w00t:

TIP

I have heard a similar case before.

Everybody thought it was a large black cat savaging sheep, and it turned out to be a Doberman that had escaped :unsure:

The answer to the big black cat savaging livestock in so many countries where they shouldn't be found , is really quite simple .... Aliens .

When the old pioneers traveled around the world they took with them animals as a food source , simply because they didn't know what they would find to eat along the way .

Aliens are now doing the same thing , the only difference is their choice of food .... Obviously their favourite food is Big Black Cat and as they say in the classics , 'you are what you eat' , I don't want to come face to face with an alien any time soon . :rolleyes:

Hey Mangoez , sure feral cats are bigger than the standard domestic cat but by no means big enough to be mistaken for a puma or large cat ,i had the pleasure of blasting one a few weeks ago on a hunting trip :w00t:

TIP

Hey Tip, thanks for your answer. Nice to hear you're doing your bit. How did it act, did it try to run away from you?

Just want to compare with stray's in the city. Years ago the uni I was at had strays everywhere and having kittens. Sort of like "city ferals'.

O.K.I used to live in scotland for 12 years 5 years in a little cottage in the country site.I have seen a big black cat early in the morning and i thought i was dreaming!!Then i told the gamekeeper and he said !!"Please don´t tell the landlord I´ve seen the damn thing too!!!"At the same time i was good friends with the owner of a horse farm near by.When I told him about the black cat, he had seen it too!!!I have seen it with my own eyes and belive that these CATS have been released into the wild by people ,wich did not realize the responsibility that comes with keeping a wild animal.Funny enough I now live near a nature reserve in germany.The law on keeping wild animals is realy strict.Guess what i saw about 2 month ago??

Oh right by that logic, let's make slavery legal for white people cause it's our turn....... like I and a lot of my fellow Brits would have done that, that's like having a go at modern Germans for Hitlers actions. It was uncalled for a small minded comment to make.

In fact while I'm at it I'll go and destroy half of England for centuries ago when they raped, murdered and took everything from my Scottish ancestors... The past is the past and anyone with half a brain can tell that most British people in this day and age wouldn't do something like that. People are educated now and have more morals and standards.

Oh right by that logic, let's make slavery legal for white people cause it's our turn....... like I and a lot of my fellow Brits would have done that, that's like having a go at modern Germans for Hitlers actions. It was uncalled for a small minded comment to make.

In fact while I'm at it I'll go and destroy half of England for centuries ago when they raped, murdered and took everything from my Scottish ancestors... The past is the past and anyone with half a brain can tell that most British people in this day and age wouldn't do something like that. People are educated now and have more morals and standards.

O.K,You right by logic little person who whants to blow up half of england ,played to much of wow and didn´t understand a word!I just hope you won`t be on telly tomorrow cause you went on a flipng rampage!!How daft can ya get

Yeah exacly no more questions ta smart You!!!Switch on Your brain in future bevore You reply ey!!!

I don't play WOW..... I've never played MMORPG's or whatever...... I couldn't even read your messages, so it's ironic that you are telling me to switch my brain on. My point in he is saying that the people of Britain are getting what they deserve because of somehting that happened generations ago... That doesn't make sense and by that "logic" is the equivalent to what I said.

Edited by Coffey

Up until the 70's in the UK, big cats and other exotic pets were legal. When the ban happened, most were released into the wild.

Up until the 70's in the UK, big cats and other exotic pets were legal. When the ban happened, most were released into the wild.

Exotic pets were not banned in the UK in 1976, the keeping of them became subject to licensing under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976. It is accepted that some captive big cats (and other exotics) were released into the wild by their 'owners' rather than comply with the law.

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be interestng to see how this one plays out. If there really is a panther on th loose, people or kids mite b on th menu next. Not good. I've heard that foxes hav bn known to make their way into th suburbs and attack ppl on occasion.

LMFAO,sorry about the cows and loss of income but this is getting past even interesting :yes: .Somebody is killing the cows and somebody knows who or what is doing it :no::yes: . I can even consider a werewolf, hehehe, a werewolf doing it, at least it would make it more interesting. Has been going on for years and can't be just random acts of animal violence. :tu:

Edited by Graveyard Hound

no they don't. NYONE CAN BE A SLAVE. ALEINS WILL ENSLAVE US ALL.

It'll be interestng to see how this one plays out. If there really is a panther on th loose, people or kids mite b on th menu next. Not good. I've heard that foxes hav bn known to make their way into th suburbs and attack ppl on occasion.

fox's only attack ppl. if they are treatened. not because they want to. that's why there also good pets. i want one.