Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smoke Evidence....

mr_halo

Well the first site i click on, and up come these as they are labelled, mystery fog and ectoplasm, look like the cigarette smoke that i mentioned before, i guess they could be ghostly apparitions, but they look like cigarette smoke...

post-10-1091366126.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_halo

• wardrich

• Lonecat

• Rakshasas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok thats enough for now, there are so many pictures of this type...

post-10-1091366502.jpg

Hello Mr. Halo,

Well,well,well.... I thought your first reaction to this "smoke" effect was, shall we say, a little dismissive. If that is cigarette smoke, I'd like to know the brand name of the cigarettes or cigars. Perhaps it's done with a pipe. "Kreepies" a man's cigarette" perhaps?

I am glad you show an open mind and are teetering on the point of changing your opinion. I took a picture such as this once in a place where there could have been no smoke at all and I saw none...until I saw the picture. I am sure you have seen cigarette smoke before and in films and on photographs. If you look carefully you will see that the "smoke" in these pictures does not seem to be three dimensional but rather it looks as if it appears on a two dimensional plane as on a sheet of glass. This is usually the case. Also, the "smoke" in the outdoor picture of the forest glade looks decidedly "indoor". Surely smoke could not maintain this form in an open forest but would be swept away. I don't know the origin of this effect but I don't think that an interdimensional explanation should be ruled out. By the way, why don't you try taking a series of pictures of intentionally "puffed" cigarette smoke as an experiment? I think the pictures are great. They should be kept in research files Lonecat cat.gif

I'm sending a couple of photos which are the ones I took in a haunted room in a haunted hotel in England this last April and as soon as I entered the room and the receptionist had left, I threw my jacket onto the bed and got out my camera and started shooting. First: the back of the closed door (no reflections). Then the bed and the bedside wardrobe which show only a normal reflection from the wardrobe mirror onto the wall of the bathroom. Then......enter the "figure" and in the following photo, its advance into the room. You can see the same sort of presence on the left of the picture I took the next morning in the corridor outside the room and you can also see the reflection of the flash at the end of the passage. The final picture, taken further up the same street, a couple of days later, shows another "luminous intrusion" on the left. It is interesting that, between the picture in the corridor and picture farther up the street, opposite another haunted building:"Shell House", I took other pictures of other things and nothing unusual was to be seen in them.

I'd be very interested to have all your opinions of them. The camera I used was a small, roll-film "Premier" M 989 with a 27mm Macro Lens. I have no further details as I mislaid the instruction leaflet but I remember that the film grade was Kodak 400. On this camera there is a sort of niche for the knuckle of the index finger of the left hand so there is no danger of the finger's obructing the objective and the carrying strap hangs down from the bottom of the right-hand side of the camera so ther is no way it could get in the way. I am now definitely going to buy a digital camera as well, to add to my ghost hunting equipment. I hope to find some haunted place in the next couple of weeks or so here in Spain where I might be able to spend a night or two.

If anybody would like to contact me directly and see the other pictures I took in the same room at the same time but showing no anomalies, my e-mail address is as follows : treeo66@yahoo.es Enjoy your Summer if you are in the northern Hemisphere and try to put up with the cold if you are in the southern one. Best wishes from

Lonecat cat.gif

post-10-1091530493.jpg

what am i meant to see?, the room doesn't look up to much though, and oh my lord look at those curtains, look at them!!!

*chuckles* those are awfull curtains.I believe Lonecat is refereing to the grey mist on the left of the pic.I myself can`t see it being smoke. As an ex smoker any pic I took the smoke had a blue grey appearance and swould dissapate quickly outside.

and oh my lord look at those curtains, look at them!!!

A bit harsh don't you think?

I have seen an ectoplasm too and I tend to agree with Mr Halo, that it rather looks like smoke or a mist. I saw this on a haunted road in a place called Ebbw Vale in South Wales. This is a very dangerous road as it winds around a mountain with a great canion drop of the road side. Many people have been killed on this road, I know this because I used to live down in this town. I encountered this ectoplasm as a thick mist half way along the road.You could tell that it was not normal fog because one minuite I was in it ,the next I wasnt, and strangely enough it was at the same part of the road where many a car has been run off the road into the canion.

Deadly Nightshade.

In Perfect Love

In Perfect Trust

So blessed Be.

xxx.

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

there not Lonecats curtains, its a hotel room, if i read correctly...so therefore i'm not insulting his taste in curtains..

I'm not trying to be snarky, but... I don't see the point of this thread.

The title implies you're providing proof that cigarette smoke appears as ecotplasm/ghostly mist, yet you admit you grabbed the pics off of the web and weren't there when they were snapped. As such, you aren't really in a position to go "hey, someone was smoking!" or "This is evidence smoke appears as a ghostly mist" because, for all you know, they weren't and that *isn't* smoke. Beyond that, you don't offer a pic where someone is clearly smoking so that people can compare the substance between pics.

I'm not saying cigarette/pipe smoke doesn't give such an appearance because I know it does. OTOH, I also know a substance with a similar appearance has shown up in pics I've shot where nobody was smoking or had been within the last 30 minutes >> and even then, they'd been smoking at quite a distance 30 minutes prior.

actually, i was just carrying on from an earlier post of mine, and i posted these pictures as they looked simliar to picture from a wedding my sister went to, where there was smoking present, i never said these WERE cigarette smoke, and if i did, i didn't mean too.... thumbsup.gif

I don't really think that all of them are cigarette smoke. Although these could be fakes, they look like they have ghost faces. I have outlined the pictures.

Warning: I am nowhere near being an artisit.

user posted image

The one above looks like some ghost with a hat, lol

user posted image

This one looks like some regular guy with a mustache and long hair.

Edited by _raven177

hey, those are really good, i never thought to look for faces in the photos, thanks for those laugh.gifthumbsup.giftongue.gif

LONECAT BACK AGAIN!

You are not supposed to look at the blooming curtains! We are not discussing curtains! Thanks Mr. Halo for drawing attention to the fact that those curtains belong to the hotel where I stayed. I thought the room wasn't exactly up to scratch considering I was charged eighty quid for the night in it! As I had perhaps rather drolly demanded a haunted room when I went to "Hotel X" I imagine a fee was charged to include the ghost. I have since had a dekko at their price list on line and find that they they normally charge forty pounds Sterling. I have no wish to cause trouble for the hotel for a number of reasons and that is the reason I did not mention its name. Your post, Mr. Halo, about the state of the curtains really made me laugh out loud as it called to mind a scene in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" in which the mediaeval King waves grandiously towards a window in the castle tower and says, in a thick, Yorkshire accent to his weak and sickly-looking son-and heir, the Prince "One day, lad, ALL THIS'LL be yours!" and the Prince answers in a squeaky voice "What? The CURTAINS?!"

Thanks, too, Seventh Son for your comment and yours, Rakhasas. Actually, I think I posted that picture (I have no idea how it came out that BIG) on the wrong topic site. Perhaps I should have started a new one on "anomalous light intrusions" or alongside that interesting anomalous "thing" in the photo that Seventh Son contributed. While I'm here on this site though I am posting the photo that immediately preceded the one one you have already seen. Compare the positioning of the luminous shape on the left of the two pictures. Oh you've all really made my day! Lol ! LONECAT

post-10-1091710082.jpg

£80, for that place, oh my dear, well atleast you got some unexplained photos for your money i guess...

omg, is that.... is that... it IS. EARTHWORM JIM! (also saw a humn torso + head in there looks kinda like old armour)

post-10-1091819288.jpg

Edited by wardrich

found a cloaky figure in the first one (I am still skeptical about these, but I was always a fan of Where's Waldo wink2.gif) Excuse my bad sketchyness...

post-10-1091819665.jpg

I dunno what he's smiling at... but it looks evil to me. I'm gonna start taking pics of Cigarette smoke... this is too much fun

post-10-1091820144.jpg

*laughing*

I love that you pointed out those were sleeves. You think we all have dirty minds??? original.gif

lol, you never know...

-Richard-

On another note: A moth flew in at an extreme speed and scared the crap out of me... I just got like 2feet of air... hahaha I'm a bit jumpy when I'm tired