Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If children ruled the world

UM-Bot

Stephen Treehorn: Kyu Sakamoto’s most popular song was Ue o muite arukô ("I Look Up When I Walk") and known as "Sukiyaki" in the United States. It topped the pop charts for three weeks in 1963 and is the only song sung entirely in Japanese ever to have achieved this. The song tells the story of man who looks up while he walks and whistles to avoid letting his tears fall.

On August 12, 1985, Kyu Sakamoto boarded Japan Airlines Flight 123. Just twelve minutes into the flight the plane experienced difficulties and signalled there was a problem. Approximately twenty minutes later the plane crashed. Before the aircraft hit the ground, Kyu Sakamoto was able to write a farewell note to his wife.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nettysavalon

• dougeaton

• dekker87

• Timothy

ermmmm....do you have any idea how cruel children are?

a world ruled by children would be like a world ruled by serial killers.

ermmmm....do you have any idea how cruel children are?

a world ruled by children would be like a world ruled by serial killers.

Do you really believe this? Care to elaborate on your reasoning?

Do you really believe this? Care to elaborate on your reasoning?

lol - yeah - i have a child...

ever watched a kid pull the wings off a fly? chase and torment a cat for it's own amusement?

children are driven by ego....what they want is what's important at the expense of anything else...liek serial killers.

it's naive and fluffy thinking in the extreme to believe that kids would rule the world in some benign way.

lol - yeah - i have a child...

ever watched a kid pull the wings off a fly? chase and torment a cat for it's own amusement?

children are driven by ego....what they want is what's important at the expense of anything else...liek serial killers.

it's naive and fluffy thinking in the extreme to believe that kids would rule the world in some benign way.

Haha, yes most children do do those things, hell I did too (a fly with no wings = a walk ;) ).

But do you really believe that these things suggest the child has a capacity to kill someone?

If they had nukes we would be screwed, one tantrum and goodbye world... :(

Wow, I was expecting replies like "Oh, it would be like Neverland with Peter Pan!", but instead it's all about how evil and demented kids are. LOL! Wow, so much hope is given to our future generations.

Haha, yes most children do do those things, hell I did too (a fly with no wings = a walk ;) ).

But do you really believe that these things suggest the child has a capacity to kill someone?

Have you read the book "The Lord of the Flies"....do it my friend.

doug

Wow, I was expecting replies like "Oh, it would be like Neverland with Peter Pan!", but instead it's all about how evil and demented kids are. LOL! Wow, so much hope is given to our future generations.

Children learn and grow, empathy and compassion are also learned, though of course children do show these traits. Children are unformed that is all.

doug

I think in a way, children do sort of rule the world.. They got a big spot on the consumer market, and a lot of adults worship youth with almost as much ardor as money. And spend enormous amounts of money to try to keep that youth.

But seriously if kids ruled the world.. We would be screwed. lol, look at how much trouble we are entering into with entitled kids now a days. If they really ran things, it would possibly be a fine approach to wipe out the human race.

I think in a way, children do sort of rule the world.. They got a big spot on the consumer market, and a lot of adults worship youth with almost as much ardor as money. And spend enormous amounts of money to try to keep that youth.

But seriously if kids ruled the world.. We would be screwed. lol, look at how much trouble we are entering into with entitled kids now a days. If they really ran things, it would possibly be a fine approach to wipe out the human race.

You are right,we would be screwed.As was mentioned, look at Lord of the Flies,and all the bullying that goes on,and kids bringing guns to school to shoot their classmates,and we would be better off????!!!

You see so many kids with this entitlement issue, I notice it more with girls than boys.My parents taught us the world doesnot owe you anything,and if you want something,you have TO WORK to get it and to constantly improve yourself. They also taught us to have compassion for others,that there are other people and things in the world besides ourselves.Kind of a family thing, as my parents always tried to give money to charity and help were it might be needed, and my dad had an aunt and a first cousin who were nuns.

Even though we adults have made the world a mess in alot of ways, it still would be worse if kids ruled the world. However, I do admit that there are good kids out there who try to collect school supplies, toys or clothing for poor kids here in the US and overseas.

What the heck did I just read? Children are not mature enough to make decisions, to drink, to have sex, to do almost anything without the supervision of an adult, and he's talking about letting them be president and rule the world? The same children who cry if they fall on their butt, cry if their mom doesn't buy them bubble gum at the store? Yeah, let's put them in charge of the whole world. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Has anybody read the book "The indigo Children???"Kids are after all human beeings and they see far more and more rational then adulds!!They are innocent and are not poisoned with an adulds point of view!!!Freedom for the gelly beans lets get rid of the plastic bags ey???

I can see it now:

Jill: You won't invite me to your birthday party!? I DECLARE A WAR!!!

Bob: Did'ja say X-men sucks hard? (hits a red button that launches nukes)

Yeah...we would be totally screwed.

o.k what are you on???Send some ova then ?????

yeah, I gotta agree with the people who say we'd be screwed. It annoys me so bad when I hear people say things like, "I love kids, they're just so sweet and innocent..." NO, THEY ARE NOT! You have obviously never had kids! They have no respect for you or themselves and they lie, steal, sneak, and will destroy things. That might sound a little harsh but honestly, can you say your child has never stolen a cookie while you weren't looking, or sneaked into your bedroom looking for god know what! Or lied straight to your face with innocent eyes? And it doesn't matter how good of a parent you are, that's just how kids are, they don't comprehend or think about the consequences of their actions.

It's a good thing that a child's brain is like a sponge because if it wasn't, we'd never learn anything from the examples set by our parents and life in general. We all really would grow up to be horrible people.

I feel the sense the writer is trying to make, is not teens or pre-adolescent, but infants who are born innocent.

The bad behavior they have as they grow older is learned behavior. Infants from birth on if not corrupted, would

only know love, kindness, sharing and giving. However, they do reach a time in their life, where I believe they

have taken in, those bad behaviors from not only the rest of the world, but from their own parents. So if children

could rule the world, sure if they didn't have to deal with the evils that have already been established. Everyone

in their life were pure at heart at one time. Now its just dog eat dog.

Children do rule the world. There is no real difference between children and adults. Adults just have more words to use.

Well having worked with five-year-olds, I would honestly say that I would think that the Earth would be completely destroyed in a matter of a few hours should children rule the world.

At what point does it all go wrong? When do humans start to fundamentally self serve and lose connection with those around them? Why do people in the Western world care little for their neighbours and less still for those in the 3rd world?

At what point does it all go wrong? was the question.

The author used the title of this article to ask this one question. But before I attempt to give it away it was interesting reading some of the comments here which suggested a variety of reasons why children would destroy the earth if they were to rule the world. One person implied if entitlement children really ran things, they would possibly wipe out the human race and a couple comments suggested children are akin to serial killers. Than there were comments that maintained the theory that children are simply unformed and not mature enough to make decisions. All of these replies are honest opinions which reflect how we as individuals see ourselves through our own personal experience of human development.

Do I, also a member of the homo sapien race here on earth agree with all commenters observations? Certainly! I feel each persons image is reflected upon each others existence. Without each other there would be no one to kill, no one to wipe out and certainly no one mature enough to make informed decisions. But there would also be no one to help or care for unconditionally, no one to love and no one to lust for. There would be nobody. No adults and no children.

We are all part of the human ecosystem on earth. We are mammals and all life form on earth is part of its own unique ecosystem which forms the earths planetary ecosystem. All species on earth is reflective upon each others existence. The cycle of life ends with death. Death is the defining moment of each humans existence. Our inner-conscience interacts non-stop throughout our existence by the developmental function of our outer-conscience state. This begins from the earliest form of life development to the very unfortunate end of our life. All life experiences the same fate. And as all life that ends another life begins. Its a cycle of development.

Have I lost you yet? Its my own personal opinion that the answer to the question is death. Without the fear of dying and the experience of existence through exposure to death in all life's interaction of all species on earth is the reason for instinctual motivation.

I'm tired. Good night.

Edited by acidhead

The funny part about all these negative comments is that it describes the adults I know..hmm. Tantrums yeah adults do it all the time. Entitlement issues?? hmm.. wonder where they get it from? who makes their pampered kids feel entitled..it isn't the kids but these adults who raise them thats the problem...There are kids then the adults that hates them..no wonder the worlds so messed up :/ to bad these little monsters one day will be the next big monsters..cause I don't see anything thats so great about adults either..except they have special words for the ugliness they do..and isn't the earth destroyed already by adults?? or pretty damn close to it already?

I dunno...I guess it would be like Children of the Corn?

Not talking bad about kids, but would they really know what to do?

Sometimes I really wish Neverland (not the ranch!) was a real place.

That is the only place where kids could really be in charge.

Now lets all think a happy thought and go kill some pirates!

Edited by SilentCreeper83

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking more like that movie,Logans Run,Yep the children would put a law out that old people would have to be "REBORN".dosen't quite fit my bill.

Has anybody read the book "The indigo Children???"Kids are after all human beeings and they see far more and more rational then adulds!!They are innocent and are not poisoned with an adulds point of view!!!Freedom for the gelly beans lets get rid of the plastic bags ey???

Kids naturally break into groups and ostracize those who are different.

Unlike later on in life, where we learn the laws that force us to get along with each other.

• 3 weeks later...

If you think that children would rule the world in a "flowery rainbow-manner", check this out first http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1138472/AMANDA-PLATELL-Television-reveals-savagery-selfishness-children-crisis.html

basically a "reality show" where kids are locked in a house big brother-style without any supervision.

Not a happy place.