Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Green fireball UFOs identified

Persia

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• booNyzarC

• Walker_Among_Shadows

Green fireballs that streaked across the sky and rolled down an Australian mountainside four years ago, spurring reports of UFOs in the area, might have been meteors and ball lightning, a researcher suggests.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40442671/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Thanks for the news link Persia. Interesting excerpt here:

"A transient electrical link between the ionosphere and ground, created by meteors or some other means, could help to solve the mystery of many UFO sightings," Hughes told LiveScience. "Since such balls would be very insubstantial, they would be able to move and change direction very fast, as has often been observed."

Indeed it could Hughes. Indeed it could. ;)

Green fireballs caused by an electrical link between heaven and earth by falling meteors eh? Sounds like kryptonite to me. LOL.

This is very interesting, I actually saw something just like this back in September. I was outside early in the morning and I saw what I thought was a comet streak across the sky. But it was bright green and the weather outside was perfectly normal.

I once saw a meteor fall down nearly vertically; I saw only the lowest part of its trajectory. It exploded into a green fireball about two hundred meters in front of me and about thirty meters above a motor way (which was why I did not search for fragments). I was looking out of my window, which is about forty meters above the ground, but the motorway is somewhat elevated, so the meteor exploded at eye height for me.