Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot - debunk this

Murrangurk

I'm sure this may have been posted before.

But - which one of you hard core skeptics has the de-bunk on these guys?

Sylvanic

I feel the guy has a good attitude regarding the subject, but his pics look...hmm, i dunno.

Also the footage is suitably shaky and blurry to pass any seasoned bigfoot hunter's camera etiquette.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• Murrangurk

• DieChecker

• Belial

I'm sure this may have been posted before.

But - which one of you hard core skeptics has the de-bunk on these guys?

Sylvanic

I feel the guy has a good attitude regarding the subject, but his pics look...hmm, i dunno.

Also the footage is suitably shaky and blurry to pass any seasoned bigfoot hunter's camera etiquette.

I never saw a video on your link of a " Bigfoot "....

I will start by saying I am not paying $5.00 to download the 2 videos. ( hint hint ).....

Read their little " next skeptic" thing......LOL

And if you want to join them on a expidition , read that also.....

For someone who knows where a Bigfoot Family is , and wants to prove they are real , they sure have a strange way to do it....

I want to be there next skeptic , start suggesting me in thier emails :)

I don't know who they are. Just found them today. They have 3 videos on youtube, one is of a bigfoot - they claim.

I saw all three on youtube, found their link via there and checked out there website.

I figure anyone that "high profile" would either be on to something or someone's already busted them.

But very interesting...

This is their footage of the actual thing....look closely now, and don't blink or you'll miss it.

Edited by Murrangurk

Why is that a bigfoot and not a bear's butt?

Also, this sentence from the video is just plain bull: "But the details of what we did precisely to get that close cannot be publicly divulged 'cause our work is scientifically repeatable".

Um, sorry, the whole idea behind stuff being scientifically repeatable is that it is actually repeated by other people, and not just something you say. These guys fail science forever.

Bigfoots to shy for video appearances, i know this fact because his mom works at the local chippy and tells everyone.

Why is that a bigfoot and not a bear's butt?

Also, this sentence from the video is just plain bull: "But the details of what we did precisely to get that close cannot be publicly divulged 'cause our work is scientifically repeatable".

Um, sorry, the whole idea behind stuff being scientifically repeatable is that it is actually repeated by other people, and not just something you say. These guys fail science forever.

Ah yes, but he cunningly disguises this by at certain points stating that if every TD&H pleb went out into the woods to repeat their science it would be disastrous.

Ok, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this particular claim, since I know what happens when folks go into the bush all excited with guns and very little supervision.

It's easy for us to take the ridicule approach when stuff like this comes out. (I am trying very hard not to! But they do make it hard.)

I was actually wondering if anyone has the dirt on these guys? Anyone got his rap sheet? Is there anyone out there who sold them the gorilla suit?

Which brings me to ...

Bigfoots to shy for video appearances, i know this fact because his mom works at the local chippy and tells everyone.

Are you serious?

Wait - do you mean Bigfoot's mum comes into the chippy? So bigfoots eat chips?

Edited by Murrangurk

This topic has a thread here already,,pretty old if i remember right,,very interesting thread. :tu:

I remember all of this now.....It is a fraud...( my opinion , and many others).....

I will give you 2 good links to check , and that should be enough.....Make sure to read the links in order......

Also , 2006-2007 he knows where a family of Bigfeet are , and still nothing ?....Anyway , these 2 links should be sufficient , if not let me know......

One of the first red flags is in the name "Slyvanic". Todd's website said that this is the name the "locals" had given this hidden valley. A couple of GhostTheory readers had this to say:

Mortis says:">
Hmm, Pennsylvania – sylvania a latin word meaning of the forest or woods. Sylvanic, sylvania. Not too difficult to see a relationship here. Don't think it is of some Native word and therefore don't believe in this tripe. There are better things to pay attention to

Bruce Mills says:January 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM (">
I find it interesting that Standing's so-called "native people" appear to have a grasp of Latin (sylvan- coming from Sylvanus, "woodland deity)! guess classical training has proliferated farther than I had imagined! Hmmm

Freedictionary.com says:

syl·van also sil·van (slvn)1. Relating to or characteristic of woods or forest regions.2. Located in or inhabiting a wood or forest.3. Abounding in trees; wooded.n.">One that lives in or frequents the woods.[Medieval Latin sylvnus, from Latin Silvnus, god of the woods, from silva, forest.]

Given the fact that Sylvanic is derived from the latin Sylvus, it is suspicious that native people in the United States would have given this valley a Latin name. This is not concrete evidence of Todd being deceitful since many places in the United States do have Latin origins like California. One could say that Todd was confused as to the origin of the name or who exactly had initially named this place. Let us continue…

I then started to see several comments originated from the same computer or network using different name handles and emails. These comments were pro Sylvanic in nature. These comments were originated from British Columbia, Canada.

link 1

Due to the controversies that surround the "Sylvanic Bigfoot" project, we decided to do a quick Q&A style interview with Todd Standing.

If you are not familiar with the "Sylvanic Bigfoot" case, I suggest you check out this link to get yourself familiar with what GhostTheory and a reader who goes by "ME" have uncovered in the quest to find the truth about the Sylvanic project.

The interview questions were asked a week prior to our knowing of ME's investigation and what he had uncovered. What follows are questions from the editors at GhostTheory.

One of our readers (Henry), made this comment:<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Then feel free to read on where he contradicts himself describing first: Sylvanic… is the name of the canyon pass that leads to an enormous valley…" then in a later blog posting tells us that the valley is accessible only by a tunnel through the mountains, or by belaying down a mountain. So how did the bison get in there?

GT:
Can you explain these discrepancies in your story?

The easiest way I knew of to get into the Sylvanic area was through a small tunnel that went under a mountain. There is a shot of this short tunnel in the mini documentary. The tunnel comes out in the canyon pass that leads to the valley. The alleged bison picture and accounting of bison in the Sylvanic area was a letter from someone else. I have never seen bison in that area.

link 2

Edited by Sakari

This picture was released october 23,2010.....There was supposed to be video coming out also....I have not looked nor followed this anymore.....The picture says it all.....

todd-bigfoot-1024x600.jpg

One more thing......

Maybe a Mod can explain this , you would think we could get a lot of answers if this is the case :)

Todd Standing is a columnist for Unexplained-Mysteries.com and a Bigfoot researcher. He's made quite a lot of headlines in the Bigfoot community by coming forward with video "proof" of these bipedal, ape-like creatures that he has filmed in recent expeditions. It doesn't just end there, he also claims to know a secret location called "Sylvanic" (According to Todd, this is the name given by the "native" people) said to be a hidden valley nestled deep into the American Rockies.

My link

What I remember is that in 2006 he went on a tour across Canada trying to get the Sasquatch as a protected species, and that he made a film that he charged people to watch that basically showed nothing but movement on a hill. It could easily have been a bear. He also has very detailed notes on how the BFs guard their camps, what foods they eat and how they communicate. None of which has been shown to be more then stories. He promised to go back and make a better movie, then his site and email dissappeared for three years. That says fraudster to me.

Also supposedly the "Sylvanic" valley was accessable only by a secret cave. Can you get more phony then that?

IMHO Todd is a fraud.

As i see it, people post there stories here without actually joining or have i got that wrong?

What I remember is that in 2006 he went on a tour across Canada trying to get the Sasquatch as a protected species, and that he made a film that he charged people to watch that basically showed nothing but movement on a hill. It could easily have been a bear. He also has very detailed notes on how the BFs guard their camps, what foods they eat and how they communicate. None of which has been shown to be more then stories. He promised to go back and make a better movie, then his site and email dissappeared for three years. That says fraudster to me.

Also supposedly the "Sylvanic" valley was accessable only by a secret cave. Can you get more phony then that?

IMHO Todd is a fraud.

Diechecker , picture a few posts back is his latest find , 1 month ago.....He is still " around "....

Ah yeah!! THAT's what I was looking for! Thanks Sakari!

I already knew about the Sylvanic etymology, but I hadn't heard him claim it was a native name, juts an unimaginativa pioneer. Round here we have latin plant names for towns, like Clematis and so on....

Good work everybody!

Ah yeah!! THAT's what I was looking for! Thanks Sakari!

I already knew about the Sylvanic etymology, but I hadn't heard him claim it was a native name, juts an unimaginativa pioneer. Round here we have latin plant names for towns, like Clematis and so on....

Good work everybody!

Anytime thumbsup.gif

I have to say , I do feel for people that believe there is a Bigfoot roaming around , they try to convince people , and explain why , then stories like this come around........

I hope a Mod can chime in on my reply , very interested in that...If Todd Standing is still a columnist for this site , he would have something to say?

And if he is not anymore , why?

This topic has a thread here already,,pretty old if i remember right,,very interesting thread. :tu:

I thought so. Link?

This picture was released october 23,2010.....There was supposed to be video coming out also....I have not looked nor followed this anymore.....The picture says it all.....

todd-bigfoot-1024x600.jpg

What is wrong with the picture? What is obviously false about it?

It does look like Chaka from Land of the Lost.

http://www.sylvanic.com/announcements.html

OCTOBER 2010

Todd just returned from an 8 day expedition with incredible Bigfoot documentation. It was a bit of an adventure as he had a confrontation with a Grizzly bear that ended in retrieval by RCMP and Search and Rescue after being missing for 3 days. The team and his family are thrilled he made it back safely and he is ecstatic with his new photo and video evidence!

Here is a quick photo video Todd put together using photos where he caught Bigfoot watching him through the bushes~as you can see they were taken in full sunlight with fantastic detail.

I'm going to wait to see what this is. I may pay that $5 at some point, just out of curiousity, but I'm really resisting because I think it is bunk. Nothing Standing has put forward so far meshes with any other bigfoot expectations. So either this is a second type of unknown ape in North America or it is made up.

I'm going to wait to see what this is. I may pay that $5 at some point, just out of curiousity, but I'm really resisting because I think it is bunk. Nothing Standing has put forward so far meshes with any other bigfoot expectations. So either this is a second type of unknown ape in North America or it is made up.

Looking at the Sylvanic site, the photo posted yesterday has been replaced with a youtube video

The problem with that is people have already been able to access the photo's properties and they do not match the story from Standing.

Just as an FYI, Standing's picture wasn't photo shopped… but the properties are definitely suspect as I talked to a photography buff and the camera's properties appear to have been in place to photograph a static subject.

Also the picture properties state the picture was taken on 8/18/10 at 8:13PM.

Did a brief synopsis of Todd "Rockwell" Standing of Outstanding Productions on the last half of the radio show last night. Presented some pretty condemning evidence of his legitimacy.

I saw when there were 3 pictures posted , he said the rest were no good. , I did see it before they were taken down as above quote explains.

Todd Standing pic blown up

Link above is the radio show of below :

Steve Kulls delves into the Bigfoot mystery each week with guests from around North America discussing their research or encounters. Tonight we have a guest witness, and we blow up the new Todd Standing picture on Sylvanic.com

Edited by Sakari

It was a bit of an adventure as he had a confrontation with a Grizzly bear that ended in retrieval by RCMP and Search and Rescue after being missing for 3 days.

Well , Sylvanic is not such a secret place anymore now is it?......They found him thumbsup.gif

When I get home , I am going to write the RCMP , and research to see if any of this pans out.......

Edit : Nevermind , done deal.......

The picture, after initial criticisms from the Bigfoot research field, was yanked from the site, most likely, as not to allow the picture properties fall into the hands of detractor, and was replaced by this video, which claims that Standing had been rescued by the RCMP, (sources confirmed that the RCMP have denied rescuing Standing.) The video is filled with stock shots of bears, wilderness and of course the picture above

Here is a link that I say blows this out of the water !

After speaking with a professional photographer for an hour, we reviewed the picture under a hypothesis I had, that the picture you see was actually taken INDOORS. Perhaps at some museum, exhibit or diorama. My analyst agreed and pointed out some contradiction in the shadowing of the picture, one being extremely obvious.

The subject in the film is looking in the direction of the "sun", yet there's a shadow on the snow cap where sunlight should be, indicating a second light source In actuality closer in distance to the subject than the "light in the eye". (We can tell from the properties that there was no flash used). There are several examples in the photo of this, but we'll point out the most obvious.

nice read on latest Sylvaninc

Edited by Sakari

It does look like Chaka from Land of the Lost.

http://www.sylvanic.com/announcements.html

Really? I wouldn't support a scam.

I don't know who they are. Just found them today. They have 3 videos on youtube, one is of a bigfoot - they claim.

I saw all three on youtube, found their link via there and checked out there website.

I figure anyone that "high profile" would either be on to something or someone's already busted them.

But very interesting...

This is their footage of the actual thing....look closely now, and don't blink or you'll miss it.

that is a bear if you ask me

Good point with recognizing multiple light sources Sakari.

I still wonder what else Standing will come up with, but this is going into Biscardi type territory quick.

I had a monkey doll as a kid with that exact type of hair. Seriously, how can anyone have serious discussion/investigation about such fake photos? It looks like styrofoam covered in felt and mangy old shag carpet.