Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Difficulty channeling Ki. Help please!

Ascendant

I have known about channeling Ki for quite some time now and have begun channeling my Ki within the past few weeks. I have been into metaphysics for over 14 years now, and have worked with my chakras and the like the entire time. All my life, I have always been able to channel energies around me, but I never really thought much of it because I was never able to manifest it physically, so essentially to me it was pointless and non-viable in the physical world. Since learning about Ki and what others are able to do with it, I discovered a potential that I'm capable of, but have had difficulty developing. So here's my obstacle at this point...

As far as the concept of channeling Ki, I can channel it from the earth or my center, and I can feel tremendous amounts of energy flow through my body. However, when I cup my hands and attempt to channel it into a ball, I feel nothing there. I have researched the concept and know to first conceptualize a ball to contain the Ki within and then build the Ki up in the ball, but no matter how much I try I feel nothing in my hands or in the ball within my hands. It's frustrating because I feel such tremendous energy within my body, but it just feels like as soon as I send it outside my body, it just dissipates. Now I know that not everyone has the gift to do this, and I know I'm lacking in many other gifts, but I also know this is something that I have amazing potential with, but am lacking the right mindset to utilize effectively and have no instructor other than generic websites. If any of you are able to help me or at least point me in the direction of someone who could, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions of anything I didn't clarify, please feel free to ask.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sevastiel

• Shirak

• cookies

• Ascendant

The issue would reside in blockage of meridians/channels.

Visualization is a necessary part of course, for the same reasons that the 'mind-muscle' connection can help intensity levels in weight training, balance and coordination training, flexibility, etc. But if the physical process is yet undeveloped, visualization will only get you so far. It may help if you studied a 'therapeutic' art such as Tai-Chi or Qi Gong or even the more isolated movement series in Yoga. The imagery of the Yogic lotus blossom is a good analogy to the physiological process that takes place within the body when stimulated in these fashion. I'm uncertain if it pertains so much to laying of hands, but positioning is also of importance in many applications of the body's energy...something which is stressed in these physical art forms.

Oh yeah i need some help too.. I keep feeling this feel on my right hand. I keep feeling that it keeps heating up for no reason even when im not doing anything. I just feel that there is something on it. Sometimes i even feel like a tingling sensation or like some static feeling.

Oh yeah i need some help too.. I keep feeling this feel on my right hand. I keep feeling that it keeps heating up for no reason even when im not doing anything. I just feel that there is something on it. Sometimes i even feel like a tingling sensation or like some static feeling.

You've likely got a pinched or compressed nerve somewhere.

Maybe in the wrist, the elbow or opposite side nerves between the base of the neck and armpit level of the spinal column.

Try to remember any activity you were engaging in before it started and think back and see if you remember.

As long as it's not something more than that (such as a bone splinter/fracture or the like), then I'd say do some calm, controlled stretching and rotational exercises a few times a day until it ebbs. Actually, I'd say do that kind of thing everyday...it can only be beneficial as long as it doesn't aggrivate a known pre-existing injury or complication.

I dont get it o.o. Im relaxed and calm and then it just happens. And i dont have any injuries.. Or bone fracture or anything else. Never broken a bone before.

I have known about channeling Ki for quite some time now and have begun channeling my Ki within the past few weeks. I have been into metaphysics for over 14 years now, and have worked with my chakras and the like the entire time. All my life, I have always been able to channel energies around me, but I never really thought much of it because I was never able to manifest it physically, so essentially to me it was pointless and non-viable in the physical world. Since learning about Ki and what others are able to do with it, I discovered a potential that I'm capable of, but have had difficulty developing. So here's my obstacle at this point...

As far as the concept of channeling Ki, I can channel it from the earth or my center, and I can feel tremendous amounts of energy flow through my body. However, when I cup my hands and attempt to channel it into a ball, I feel nothing there. I have researched the concept and know to first conceptualize a ball to contain the Ki within and then build the Ki up in the ball, but no matter how much I try I feel nothing in my hands or in the ball within my hands. It's frustrating because I feel such tremendous energy within my body, but it just feels like as soon as I send it outside my body, it just dissipates. Now I know that not everyone has the gift to do this, and I know I'm lacking in many other gifts, but I also know this is something that I have amazing potential with, but am lacking the right mindset to utilize effectively and have no instructor other than generic websites. If any of you are able to help me or at least point me in the direction of someone who could, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions of anything I didn't clarify, please feel free to ask.

I know how you feel, as I've been doing the same thing for many years. The problems lies in your practice and possible lack of experimental exercises. I don't have trouble channeling energy, infact, I can channel pretty quickly. I can channel the energy throughout my entire body (or specific areas) pretty efficiently EXCEPT for my head...that takes waaaay more effort and is the most challenging for me, as I have to channel the energy from the ground up and then kinda grab the gathered energy that flowed up to my chest to "push" it up to the neck/head area.

Hehehe, but the cool thing that I learned over time is that the very same energy that flows from my feet upwards isn't fixed to just that method. I can also gather it by simply opening my hand and willing the flow. The energy that we gather may feel tremendous, but I don't think that it's enough to do anything spectacular....unless a barrier is broken, which I have striven for a long time. Sure the energy is infinite, yes, but when my body reaches the limit, calling upon more and more energy makes my body shake. I can remember a few times when I gathered so much energy, my hands got sweaty, lol. Lastly, the only true benefit from my endeavors is eradicating headaches/stomach aches and a strong immune system.

I dont get it o.o. Im relaxed and calm and then it just happens. And i dont have any injuries.. Or bone fracture or anything else. Never broken a bone before.

It only takes a marginal movement to cause the same symptoms. It's like lifting with your legs instead of your back or how simple it is to get a kink in the neck. It doesn't take any actual weight. Just the wrong angle of movement, one time, can cause problems.

Could even do it in your sleep (I've done similar things several times).

There has to be something that you're doing that brings it on. You might be eating/drinking something that can cause it (if it's intermittent). There may be something in the environment that you're sensitive to. The variables for intermittent symptoms are too many. I only have knowledge of the structural issues from years of martial arts, yoga, gymnastics and military exposure; not the others. If it comes and goes and isn't consistent then you may want to see a chiropractor or doctor if you can't isolate what triggers it.

If it's always there though, and fluctuates in severity when you're active, then it's likely a pinched/compressed nerve.

For it to come on when your calm and composed...outside of whatever position/posture you're in, I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to do more research into Tai Chi and Qi Gong and see what resonates with me. I find it very difficult to find reliable sources to learn all this from because there are so many internet resources out there that make outrageous claims along with many different methods. When you do a web search about it, it is amazing how many of those sites were just cut and pasted from one another. Something I find on a good amount of them is "... you should be able to create a visible ball within 2-3 weeks of practice...", as if that's a normal thing. As soon as I see that on a page, I automatically close it, lol. I mean really, if it were that easy earth would be like DBZ and there would be no questioning the validity of Ki to the general public. But anyway, I'll keep working on this and see where I can take things.

One other thing to note, I have managed to bring the energy outside my hands without it dissipating. I am still working on figuring out what I can do with it. I am attempting to manifest it in some way that proves I'm not just making it up in my head. I have yet to find any method of making it visible that seemed like it was from a reliable source, so not sure if it is even possible with Ki or if other energies are necessary for that. I would also like to get one of those Psi wheels (or whatever they're called). Again, I am not 100% certain that Ki energy is the most efficient to perform telekinesis either, but I'm considering any feasible way to make it physically manifested to the point of confirming its validity. Suggestions on that? I know it typically takes years for things like that and is extremely rare, but hey, I got time :).

Mind you, the energy required to perform visible feats is enormous! I personally for 10 years have not been able to harness enough energy all at once to perform a feat that could effect the physical world. In order to harness enough energy for a physical world effect (unknown proportion), you must exceed the limits of your body and mind during energy gathering and manipulation. You may very well die trying to do this especially if your body can't handle it...who knows.

If you inherit some energy from your relatives is it possible? I got an uncle who can see spirits and let buddha god posses him. And my mother meditates for 30 mins everyday.. Is it possible to inherit? Because i keep feeling that im not ''normal''

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to do more research into Tai Chi and Qi Gong and see what resonates with me. I find it very difficult to find reliable sources to learn all this from because there are so many internet resources out there that make outrageous claims along with many different methods. When you do a web search about it, it is amazing how many of those sites were just cut and pasted from one another. Something I find on a good amount of them is "... you should be able to create a visible ball within 2-3 weeks of practice...", as if that's a normal thing. As soon as I see that on a page, I automatically close it, lol. I mean really, if it were that easy earth would be like DBZ and there would be no questioning the validity of Ki to the general public. But anyway, I'll keep working on this and see where I can take things.

One other thing to note, I have managed to bring the energy outside my hands without it dissipating. I am still working on figuring out what I can do with it. I am attempting to manifest it in some way that proves I'm not just making it up in my head. I have yet to find any method of making it visible that seemed like it was from a reliable source, so not sure if it is even possible with Ki or if other energies are necessary for that. I would also like to get one of those Psi wheels (or whatever they're called). Again, I am not 100% certain that Ki energy is the most efficient to perform telekinesis either, but I'm considering any feasible way to make it physically manifested to the point of confirming its validity. Suggestions on that? I know it typically takes years for things like that and is extremely rare, but hey, I got time :).

You can try a few experiments and see if anything happens for you.

A lit-candle in a controlled environment (meaning no drafts). See if your field has any effect over it.

The lightbulb test. Maybe not a high wattage one; something smaller, or perhaps even an LED.

Paperclip balance test on a flat surface in a controlled environment. (fold one into a triangle-like shape by bending in somewhat in half, unfold the other and balance it across the first in such a way that it'll stay put on it's own. Then attempt to affect it.)

This gives you all 3 forms of energy that are associated with these experiences; pure (fire), electrical and magnetic/gravitic. That's if you're thinking about telekine aspects.

As far as Ki/Chi, you'd could do the same with another person to see if they experience greater than expected heat (without you doing the Mr. Miagi), an electrical shock or raise their hairs (after grounding yourself to remove any ES that might be present). The 3rd's more difficult to determine person-to-person, but is often associated with the more commonly resported cases of laying of hands and is one of the precursors to the whole magnetic homeopathic line of treating things which has had mixed results; likely due to the variance in individual characteristics from person to person.

Those are the controllable tests I can think of anyway.

If you inherit some energy from your relatives is it possible? I got an uncle who can see spirits and let buddha god posses him. And my mother meditates for 30 mins everyday.. Is it possible to inherit? Because i keep feeling that im not ''normal''

Certainly not impossible. These sorts of things are said to 'run in the family'.

How long have you been experiencing these things? Your question had me under the impression it was more recent/less long term.

You can try a few experiments and see if anything happens for you.

A lit-candle in a controlled environment (meaning no drafts). See if your field has any effect over it.

The lightbulb test. Maybe not a high wattage one; something smaller, or perhaps even an LED.

Paperclip balance test on a flat surface in a controlled environment. (fold one into a triangle-like shape by bending in somewhat in half, unfold the other and balance it across the first in such a way that it'll stay put on it's own. Then attempt to affect it.)

This gives you all 3 forms of energy that are associated with these experiences; pure (fire), electrical and magnetic/gravitic. That's if you're thinking about telekine aspects.

As far as Ki/Chi, you'd could do the same with another person to see if they experience greater than expected heat (without you doing the Mr. Miagi), an electrical shock or raise their hairs (after grounding yourself to remove any ES that might be present). The 3rd's more difficult to determine person-to-person, but is often associated with the more commonly resported cases of laying of hands and is one of the precursors to the whole magnetic homeopathic line of treating things which has had mixed results; likely due to the variance in individual characteristics from person to person.

Those are the controllable tests I can think of anyway.

Great info, thanks. I know this will be a gradual process, and I am continuing to work on my energies in various ways. By the end of this week, I will have my Reiki level 3, and have started utilizing it both on others and myself. I will be sure to post any interesting findings I come across along my way :).

• 2 months later...

My problem is that, out of nowhere my energy ignites to it's maximum. It feels like lightning down my spine, and my mind is screaming. Then it stops as quickly as it began. Besides this i can't willingly ignite without it kicking back at me. What I mean by that is when I try to it stops me immediately and does some weird jolt thing. It hurts like hell though.

• 11 months later...

Greetings,

Seems we both are held back by what we feel. An energy or power that is simple to call forth as breathing. I find what you and so few others have said to be much like my own thoughts, unending questions that fall on deaf persons. I am 28yrs old, long as my mind permits I've been able to call upon and muster up an energy in my legs and arms easily enough. My torso and head however take a bit more focus, I may have all of these points surging with what could only be described as a euphoric adrenaline rush. I've even had a sense that my body was warping side to side after an intense session. Yet to what end? I could write about my personal quest for knowledge concerning this unknown energy forever, though I will keep it simple. When my wife was in having our son I took the opportunity to take the pulse regulator that was on her finger and put it on my own, my idea behind it was to see if I could raise my heart beat by sitting and remaining completely calm. It started at 76 and within a minute rouse to over 130. I tend to play with my energy on a daily basis, on my way drive to work or even writing. I've tried astral travel and have completely shut down my physical body and went to a white room where it felt like I was going to die then that was the end of that. I've tried levitation, telepathy, telekinesis you name it, I've attempted on extreme levels. But its good to know I'm not alone, if you or anyone reading this ever figure out anything please let me know. The journey to unlocking my potential has been a long and enduring one, as I assume it has been much the same for you.

Appreciations to you and yours.

Sincerely,

Shirak

Edited by Shirak

Hi,

Energy work of this nature does require patience and a high degree of sensitivity. For example, making a PSI ball is good. However wanting to experience something specific when you do, may not be. It might be best to graciously accept what we can accomplish and just be curious about where it will lead you.

I find that most people who are interested in this topic do want to experience extreme examples of success. They forget to celebrate those small but necessary steps. The idea, in my view, is to sense what is appealing, be curious about it, and be grateful for any accomplishment.

My experience has been that those who do this, move forward, those that do not remain stagnated.

John

But to what end...?

How does it benefit each of to simply sit around energizing ourselves?

Why hasn't anyone unlocked or broken through this ruling barrier that dominates us all?

I want more than what we all have, I wish to fly, throw a dbz kamehameha wave, heal people, read thoughts, move objects with my mind. When will we as the human race transcend into something more, these physical limitations are eating away at my perspective on how these things really should be. Does everyone here simply want to remain idle in not knowing what this unknown power inside of us is actually capable of, I know I don't.

Whatever this is, whatever we've been living with and trying to comprehend or even understand is a matter in which it seems has taken hundreds if not thousands of us to fathom for over countless years. Why any of us has not learned the way to do something besides nothing with it is beyond me. These links below are some of what I've ran into by searching, sad to say most of which are kids playing with awful computer graphics and false facades, though these two seem true enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mphZWXxyNfs&feature=related

Though why is it all based in the past?

Where are the real telepathics, the benders, conjurers, healers or even wizards if you will. Whatever the name or title they all have something in common that we do not, power. The ability to actually manifest and do something with their own God given talents.

I'm sure all of you reading this want the same thing, just to know how. I'm tired of the shadows that keep me at bay, I need to see the light at the need of this long mysterious path.

Wish this forum unlike so many others could give me a direct answer, instead of telling me to stay idly happy with what I have, which is much the same as everyone else, nothing.

Sincerely,

Shirak

Hi,

Energy work of this nature does require patience and a high degree of sensitivity. For example, making a PSI ball is good. However wanting to experience something specific when you do, may not be. It might be best to graciously accept what we can accomplish and just be curious about where it will lead you.

I find that most people who are interested in this topic do want to experience extreme examples of success. They forget to celebrate those small but necessary steps. The idea, in my view, is to sense what is appealing, be curious about it, and be grateful for any accomplishment.

My experience has been that those who do this, move forward, those that do not remain stagnated.

John

Hi I have seen you in many Ki related topics and I was wondering if you could give us newbies some tips I would appriciate it thanks :D

Edited by dest

Tips on what, focusing your body and breathing into an energy?

Moving it around in your body or something more?

Like actually doing something with it, instead of just talking about it forever and a day.

I want evidence, no I need proof that what we are speaking of is a very real possibility.

Whats wrong is that too many people lie these days, if no one can perform a supernatural feat and prove it, then whats the point? How many followers are there, we need more leaders!

Below are examples of idiots who ruin the beliefs of people like ourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=yQsgmFuotxI

These are just a few of millions of ignorant people who belittle us with their idiocy.

Sure computer graphics are awesome, but not real!

That's why we are all here, in hopes of understanding and figuring out how to harness what we have inside of us. I personally challenge anyone here who talks a lot of smack to post a video of themselves actually doing... Something!

If you can I will gladly, honorably and respectively take you on as my master and mentor. I've been through too many forums to waste my time anymore with dead ends and false information. So being direct is my last conclusion, seeing as how I've pushed my body to near death and tried everything plausible in my nature to try.

Yet still, this unknown energy resides inside of me, waiting its time to surge into something effective other than causing me twitch at its euphoric adrenaline rushing peak or making me move slightly faster. Thank you for your time, whomever it may concern.

Sincerely,

Shirak

Edited by Shirak

Hi I have seen you in many Ki related topics and I was wondering if you could give us newbies some tips I would appriciate it thanks :D

My work with energy related topics is focused on chakra exercises and telepathy. A group with tips on these specific things is here.

www.telekinesisacademy.net/forum/index.php

It is always good to invest your time and effort on those things that interest you. My preferences are unique to me and should not influence yours.

Thanks,

John

open ALL of your energy ways. especially the palm chakras.