Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Board Index Issues

Saru

Just to recap for those who had problems accessing the forum board index over the last 7 hours or so - the problem was that the chat server from which the chat counter on the main page is taken was down - but rather than simply being unavailable, it had some strange routing issue which created a huge delay when trying to access the forum's main page. I've taken that code out for the moment and it's working fine again.

Some sort of timeout system is needed to stop it from waiting any length of time for the chat information file.

I could have fixed this in about 2 minutes had i been available, just typical timing that it happens in the middle of the night my time at about 2am.

dontgetit.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• doomgirl

• BurnSide

• Saru

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saruman,

we are allways grateful for the work you put in to keep this site going . original.gif

Edited by Kismit

I'll second that Kismit...Here's to Saruman thumbsup.gif If you hadn't have come around when you did I think most of us would have had to have been committed wacko.giflaugh.gif

Thanx Boss thumbsup.gif

I would also like to say that the new emergency thread allthough, thank god closed . Was skillfully organised by Doomie .

She kept a cool head in a crisis , well done thumbsup.gif

it really is like watching a black out in action .

Yay SaRu and Yay Yay Doomie!!

btw I still think that thread should be renamed Panic Room...laugh.gif

No worries Saruman, we entertained ourselves thumbsup.gif

I would also like to say that the new emergency thread allthough, thank god closed . Was skillfully organised by Doomie .

She kept a cool head in a crisis , well done 

it really is like watching a black out in action .

Thanks Kismit thumbsup.gif

I set it up as a temp thing that could be deleted later. When I discovered the problem, I asked Burnsy and he said he was having the same problem as me, so I made the thread to let others know that they weren't alone.

As it turned out, I stopped crystal3rose from smashing her computer laugh.gif

btw I still think that thread should be renamed Panic Room...

If I could have I would have laugh.gif

I set it up as a temp thing that could be deleted later. When I discovered the problem, I asked Burnsy and he said he was having the same problem as me, so I made the thread to let others know that they weren't alone.

That was really cool. We hijacked the Truth thread for awhile, realised we were the only two people still active on the site, and stared to realise something was wrong. So Doomie starts sending PMs in all directions getting everyone to congregate in one thread. Very well done Dooms!

It was fun, but i'm glad the board is back

ty SaRuMaN and doomgirl thumbsup.gif

I will NEVER get tired of that new avatar UA. haha.

Thanks to Saruman for fixing the prob. thumbsup.gif