Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible HellHound Sighting

TheSilentasylum

Sounds much more like a ghost, or phantom, then a living creature. A hell hound was supposed to be a real and physical creature that was a familiar to a witch or a vampire. It guarded them and performed tasks for them.

Have you seen the ghost anywhere else? If not it is probably localized to that field. Maybe go to your local library and check the old newspaper stories as to if there have been any other reports of ghosts there.

There are stories of black hounds that fortell disaster and death, but I would not worry unless one of your group of friends sees it again.

The part where it disappears makes it supernatural, and not a werewolf or hyrax.

• Like 1

P

Here is a hell hound from here in the Stan.

No seriously... what is that?

That looks like a seriously abused, though awesome dog.

Anyway, I was talking with Michael earlier, and he came up with the idea that it might possibly be guarding Derek in some way, since we've never seen it before until we were with him. I know it wasn't a real creature and that it was some sort of phantom, but it was the ghost of some sort of creature, which is why I was asking what it could be.

P

No seriously... what is that?

The unfriendly critter in the video is a Hyena.

Back on topic, I agree with Smugfish. The OP's story has all the classic earmarks of another giant rock hyrax sighting.

I wouldnt lose any sleep, they seem to be rather common these days.;)

If what you are saying is true , and you are looking for answers , let's be honest here.....Ghosts / Demons / HellHounds / Etc. are not even close to have been proven to exist at all....So , start looking for " logical " and proven things that can be the cause.....

Let's start with this :

folie à deux

Shared psychotic disorder, or folie à deux, is a rare delusional disorder shared by 2 or, occasionally, more people with close e

motional ties. An extensive review of the literature reveals cases of folie à trois, folie à quatre, folie à famille (all family members), and even a case involving a dog.

1. A delusion develops in an individual in the context of a close relationship with another person or persons, who have an already established delusion.
  2. The delusion is similar in content to that of the person who already has an established delusion.
  3. The disturbance is not better accounted for by another psychotic disorder (eg, schizophrenia) or a mood disorder with psychotic features and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (eg, drug abuse, medication) or a general medical condition.

My link

There's only one solution, you and your friends have to go back to this field and camp there overnight. Document everything!

• Like 1

You don't seem to understand that this creature literally appeared, and then vanished before my eyes in an open field, that's not natural.

I've had exactly the same thing happen with me though in Cornwall, UK. I was looking for big cat prints around a lake which was also attached to the sea tide by a sandbar. A South African bigcat 'expert' was called in by the council after sightings of a huge black panther in the area. The official conclusion was that there wasn't enough evidence to confirm any bigcats around. I didn't believe it and decided to look for myself. Just before the tide cut off the path to the lakeside I went across and almost straight away saw a huge pug mark, "Cat!" I resounded in my mind. I bent down with my right hand to see that the print was the same size as the palm of my hand. At the same time I suddenly looked up to a sand bank on the other side of the water. This little creatue was eye-balling me with the intensity of a man. It was out in the open and about the size of a duck. As soon as I thought "duck?" it started to shuffle it's rear end into the sand, as if pretending to be one. The next thing that happened was that the water started to splash up in a circle around the black-eye-pennetrating-stare-critter. What was this I thought? Fishes don't behave like that? The strange splashing circled the dude a few times with tremendous speed and then stopped. I looked sideways and the creature was still eye-balling me. The splashing started up again, going in circles at a furious pace and then stopped once again. This time I saw that there were TWO of them, with the second fatter one sat behind the first one!

To cut a long story short, these are mini-versions of what you encountered and they can move quicker than our senses can detect! Hence they appear and then dissappear in a flash, as if they were ephemeral or ghost-like. It's a spooky experience for anyone, so thanks again for your sincere rendition and detailed observations of the event.

P.S You should read Harlan Ford's similar encounter in the Louisiana Swamps Honey Island Swamp Monster. You could go back and look for prints of your brave enough. They should look like this:

post-94765-0-61020800-1291805866_thumb.j

post-94765-0-65408700-1291805888_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

I've had exactly the same thing happen with me though in Cornwall, UK. I was looking for big cat prints around a lake which was also attached to the sea tide by a sandbar. A South African bigcat 'expert' was called in by the council after sightings of a huge black panther in the area. The official conclusion was that there wasn't enough evidence to confirm any bigcats around. I didn't believe it and decided to look for myself. Just before the tide cut off the path to the lakeside I went across and almost straight away saw a huge pug mark, "Cat!" I resounded in my mind. I bent down with my right hand to see that the print was the same size as the palm of my hand. At the same time I suddenly looked up to a sand bank on the other side of the water. This little creatue was eye-balling me with the intensity of a man. It was out in the open and about the size of a duck. As soon as I thought "duck?" it started to shuffle it's rear end into the sand, as if pretending to be one. The next thing that happened was that the water started to splash up in a circle around the black-eye-pennetrating-stare-critter. What was this I thought? Fishes don't behave like that? The strange splashing circled the dude a few times with tremendous speed and then stopped. I looked sideways and the creature was still eye-balling me. The splashing started up again, going in circles at a furious pace and then stopped once again. This time I saw that there were TWO of them, with the second fatter one sat behind the first one!

To cut a long story short, these are mini-versions of what you encountered and they can move quicker than our senses can detect! Hence they appear and then dissappear in a flash, as if they were ephemeral or ghost-like. It's a spooky experience for anyone, so thanks again for your sincere rendition and detailed observations of the event.

P.S You should read Harlan Ford's similar encounter in the Louisiana Swamps Honey Island Swamp Monster. You could go back and look for prints of your brave enough. They should look like this:

You seem to blame a lot of sightings of various things on your werewolf/hyrax theory... is this a project of yours? Do you really think there is an intellegent mammal out there that can outfox the human mind?

It wasn't a real creature, it was some sort of apparition, there's no way that it was real, it literally appeared and then reappeared before my eyes. As for the scientific proof that a 6th sense does exist (not that I don't believe it doesn't.) What studies were these that showed that it does? I heard of a panther being mutilated and killed at that baseball field, could it have been the "ghost" of that creature? It appeared to be the same basic size and shape of a panther, minus the vanishing act. The three creatures I saw afterward are completely unexplainable to me, as well as the demonic figure who I encountered afterwords.

You seem to blame a lot of sightings of various things on your werewolf/hyrax theory... is this a project of yours? Do you really think there is an intellegent mammal out there that can outfox the human mind?

Yes, yes and yes. It's one of a few inter-contected ongoing projects, yes. I've studied hundreds of cases and spent years trying to deduce a hypothesis. As incredible as it may first seem, this is the only one that fits all the facts. Edited by Humblemun

It wasn't a real creature, it was some sort of apparition, there's no way that it was real, it literally appeared and then reappeared before my eyes. As for the scientific proof that a 6th sense does exist (not that I don't believe it doesn't.) What studies were these that showed that it does? I heard of a panther being mutilated and killed at that baseball field, could it have been the "ghost" of that creature? It appeared to be the same basic size and shape of a panther, minus the vanishing act. The three creatures I saw afterward are completely unexplainable to me, as well as the demonic figure who I encountered afterwords.

It's the dominant protective male which killed the panther imo. Thanks for that bit of info. The 7ft figure was stood against a blue brick wall you said, and it's likely that it's shadow is what you mistook for 'wings'. Look at the photograph attached of a possible 7ft hyrax/werewolf and see if this looks familiar. As to mammals which can move quicker than the eye can see, here's a good example, the tarsier. See here Tarsiers in action and here

tarsier_2.jpg

Edited by Humblemun

I live in Florida.

The baseball field is in a neighborhood, somebody *brought* the panther there, it was mutilated and killed by *humans.*

It didn't move quicker than the human eye, it climbed over the fence and vanished, in an open field. I'm just trying to find out what sort of supernatural creature this would be, it wasn't natural.

I live in Florida.

The baseball field is in a neighborhood, somebody *brought* the panther there, it was mutilated and killed by *humans.*

It didn't move quicker than the human eye, it climbed over the fence and vanished, in an open field. I'm just trying to find out what sort of supernatural creature this would be, it wasn't natural.

I live in Florida.

Okay, okay, okay. If you find it easier to believe in ghosts rather than a mammal which can move both fast and slow, then so be it. P.S Do you have any evidence that *people* somehow either bought a black panther off the black market (which would cost thousands) or caught one alive (which has never been done in the west) and then decided to mutilate it needlessly on a deserted baseball field? (I presume not of course). Just try and keep an open mind abouit my suggestion is all I say. Edited by Humblemun

name='TheSilentasylum' timestamp='1291813548' post='3689646']

I live in Florida.

Okay, okay, okay. If you find it easier to believe in ghosts rather than a mammal which can move both fast and slow, then so be it. P.S Do you have any evidence that *people* somehow either bought a black panther off the black market (which would cost thousands) or caught one alive (which has never been done in the west) and then decided to mutilate it needlessly on a desrted baseball field? (I presume not of course)

post-94765-0-71594800-1291814668_thumb.j

I live in Florida, there's dozens of panther poachers here.

Silentasylum might I say you dont seem to be very receptive to any of the suggestions put to you. what are you looking for exactly?

It just seems as if I came to the wrong place, I'm looking to find what sort of mythological creature that it could have been and what brought about it's appearance, I know that there's no way it was a natural creature, considering it launched itself over a fence with no effort and then disappeared into thin air. Could you recommend somebody knowledgeable about these sort of things?

It just seems as if I came to the wrong place, I'm looking to find what sort of mythological creature that it could have been and what brought about it's appearance, I know that there's no way it was a natural creature, considering it launched itself over a fence with no effort and then disappeared into thin air. Could you recommend somebody knowledgeable about these sort of things?

I think it may be you are not willing to look at all of the possablilities.You are not getting " the answer" you are looking for.No offence , but I really think you should be looking at all of the things it could be , including psychological ( read my reply further back ).Our minds can do amazing things.

I think it may be you are not willing to look at all of the possablilities.You are not getting " the answer" you are looking for.No offence , but I really think you should be looking at all of the things it could be , including psychological ( read my reply further back ).Our minds can do amazing things.

Our minds most certainly can do amazing things. For example, they can create the most fantastical of fictions. And then people can take those fictions and attempt to represent them as reality in order to toy with people and see how they will respond. It happens all the time.

There are many reasons why people might attempt a hoax like this. Here, have a look-see.

I'm sure that you are well-aware of all of this Sakari, and I'm not really directing this at you. Rather, I mention it for people in general to recognize that the most likely explanation for this whole entire thing is... This kid got bored and decided to make up a story and see how many people would believe him (a variable of reason 3 in the above link).

How much do these panther poachers get paid for tracking and shooting a panther? Are they freelance or officially appointed? Just interested.

If they didn't attack and you haven't seen them since, don't worry.