Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible HellHound Sighting

TheSilentasylum

I live in Florida, there's dozens of panther poachers here.

I propose that Florida "panther poachers" are a myth. There's only one case of a panther being shot and that was in June 2009 with a $15000 reward being offered for the apprehension of the culprit (see thumbnail). There's more cases of suspicious circumstances of panther deaths, including mutilations, which are currently being investigated. It fits with your sighting and the statistics that there's a swamp cryptid which is killing these panthers. The skinny hellhounds which you saw show that they are starving hungry which I suspect is due to a loss of fish habitat due to the dreadful gulf oil spill disaster.

There's also a link between domestic cat half-body mutilations and cattle mutilations Unusual Animal Deaths from Half Cats to Mutilated Cows

post-94765-0-39482900-1291909422_thumb.j

post-94765-0-56864300-1291910220_thumb.j

post-94765-0-66822000-1291910230_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

I suggest exploring this place in the day time and eliminating any objects that might have been near the creature itself as a possiblitly. The problem here is that it was dark, and if you had been in the light of the van, your eyes might not have been adjusted to the dark. A lot of things can appear different at night. And what you could have seen might have been a regular animal.

Let's just say for the sake of the argument that what you saw was supernatural. There isn't much info on it. Hellhounds are a great myth, but no one has ever really seen one or experienced one and documented it.

You also mentioned that whatever it was, you believe it was attached to Derek was it? I suggest bringing him there again, with Michael and then having camaras, tempeture readers, EMF if you have the abiltiy to put your hands on one. Even a recorder for EVPs if any.

The reason why no one believes a story, is because without cold hard proof, there is no reason to believe it. But if this really did happen, then who cares if these guys don't believe you, you and your buddy know what you saw and the importent thing is that you guys believe it.

How much do these panther poachers get paid for tracking and shooting a panther? Are they freelance or officially appointed? Just interested.

The majority of poachers here in the states are freelance.

Is an official appointment required to poach in the U.K.?:)

Silentasylum, you say you are open to ESP between you and Michael. To have any sort of psychic opening you leave yourself open to entities even though you don't believe in God, in fact because of that evil entities may find it even easier to approach you.

Believe me I've been there and it's not a nice experience if one actually attaches itself to you or your home.I don't know what you saw that night they all certainly sounded more like entities then solid beings.

I'd go back and certainly check the area out some more at night, but then I do believe in God and I know I'd have him to watch over me. Entities can actually physically attack a person so you need to be protected.

And for those who questioned why they both wrote down their encounters, this is why. My son saw a Yowie once and described it to me I was a bit sceptical even though I believe in yowies. About 6 months later I saw it too I grabbed about 8 different shades of grey without telling him why and after marking my piece of paper with it's fur colour without him seeing me I asked him to show me what colour the yowie he saw was. I compared papers and we had both chosen the exact shade of grey, hard to fluke. It's always good to take comparisons without sharing the info first.

• Like 1

It just seems as if I came to the wrong place, I'm looking to find what sort of mythological creature that it could have been and what brought about it's appearance, I know that there's no way it was a natural creature, considering it launched itself over a fence with no effort and then disappeared into thin air. Could you recommend somebody knowledgeable about these sort of things?

Why does the topic say (possible) hellhound sighting? arent you sure of what it is?

The majority of poachers here in the states are freelance.

Is an official appointment required to poach in the U.K.?:)

lol, it was a bit of a dumb question, agreed. The situation with big cats in the UK is ambiguous. If a farmer has a big cat eating his sheep then I believe he is entitled to shoot it legally, but I'm not sure. As to poachers, the point I'm making is that you can't hunt these big cats as an occupation. There was a programme on tv which featured a government appointed official to track and shoot these cats, often black panthers incidentally. He said that in 10 years he's never had the opportunity to fire a single shot. He'd only seen them with his own eyes a few times. I've witnessed a 5ft puma at close range in the early hours of the morning. I reported it but on-one is that interested and no-one will put the resources into trying to catch it (or shoot it). Just the way it is.

I wish to withdraw the idea of the mystery spectral mammal i.e. spectral giant swamp hyrax imo as the culprit of the mutilation of the panther in the baseball park. It's more likely to be due to a flying beast a.k.a chupacabra-type cryptid.

From the inital statement it was said: "The creature was on the outside of the fence and was running up to the fence, instead of putting it's front claws on the fence, it pulled it's right back leg up, over it's body, with it's spine bending disturbingly, it latched onto the top of the fence and lifted itself over.." This is just the agile ability of a rabbit or some similar spectral mammal..

XVTPD00Z.jpg

Edited by Humblemun

It just seems as if I came to the wrong place, I'm looking to find what sort of mythological creature that it could have been and what brought about it's appearance, I know that there's no way it was a natural creature, considering it launched itself over a fence with no effort and then disappeared into thin air. Could you recommend somebody knowledgeable about these sort of things?

51H88HKG3XL.jpg

Edited by Humblemun

what problem i have with your story is the near perfect spelling of words and correct punctuation throughout the post... it seems your use to writing stories and good at it. :tu:

j b , my Carolinian Brother, would you prefer that he had used comments like... wull, we lookd arond an them thangs wuz everwhur! I will not fault anyone for proper spelling and punctuation, and I prefer to read posts that, at the very least, show a decent command of the English language.This is not a "flame" by any means, and I hope you do not take it as such! Peace, my Brother.

• Like 1

Cool story and interesting and differing explanations. As others have mentioned, i reckon another visit to the location and conduct an investigation using the best tools available to you.

Silentasylum might I say you dont seem to be very receptive to any of the suggestions put to you. what are you looking for exactly?

Attention, 'nuff said.

• 3 weeks later...

Silentasylum might I say you dont seem to be very receptive to any of the suggestions put to you. what are you looking for exactly?

Some people who have decided that it's supernatural will close their ears and mind for every other possibility.

What he's looking for? Something from here:

ddmonstermanual.jpg

And the story? There is too many different creatures, too much things happening in a same time etc. that it sounds more like a story than real life.

If there was that many things going on in that baseball court there should be some reports or anything about other people having similar experiences?

Or do you think that that's some kind of personal happening, like an omen or something?

There is no proof, just words. And I didn't like this story that much. Have heard better ones here.

Is the story that the OP wrote any worth of reading?

I lost interest at the beginning with his brother-in-laws best friends steven friends who has a friend, etc.

Let's try to believe this for a moment, and you did see all of this..

My friend told me a tale similar, except he was in a cemetary. He did see the strange dog beast and it's "master" what you called the winged man with red eyes. He also said it was a hell-hound. I don't believe him, and the story is fuzzy in my head,but it seemed related to the topic.

The feelings of despair and looking death in the face were usually ones related to the hell-hound, but this creature is usually told as a black shaggy dog with red eyes. The creature usually left flames wherever it stepped.

I don't know much about it,and I take these stories with a large teaspoon of salt, but there are some sightings of the hell-hound in history. One of the most famous is one in which the hell-hound visited a church and ended up setting it on fire, and killing a few of the members and the pastor. I can't find the account, but here is a wiki page on the hellhound.

My link

ok the problem witht his one is if it really did happen theres no way of telling if he is telling the truth because for real every single one of you i guaantee have never actualy seen one before like he claims but theres no way of knowing and if you are teling the truth all ive got to say is either run or stay cold still if it happens again we dont know how and what they actually hunt

You said you did draw a picture about some of those monsters. Could you upload it and I can see if I can find something similar in my AD&D Monster Manual or my D&D 3rd edition Monster Manual. Not totally kidding, as some of those monsters are based on mythic creatures.

"I began to see an extremely thick bluish gray fog surrounding everything. When we walked past the light it flickered..."

black ops...lol

I live in Florida.

The baseball field is in a neighborhood, somebody *brought* the panther there, it was mutilated and killed by *humans.*

It didn't move quicker than the human eye, it climbed over the fence and vanished, in an open field. I'm just trying to find out what sort of supernatural creature this would be, it wasn't natural.

You keep saying that you want to find out what this critter could be. However, it seems to me that you refute every suggestion that anyone gives you. Despite what you may think, these forums are not comprised solely of paranoid tinfoil hat wearing believers who explain every wild story with some supernatural explanation. Instead, we are a collection of people who generally try to exhaust all mundane explanations before resorting to weirder things.

As such, instead of refuting everything we say, take a moment to stop and consider it. You will come to one of three conclusions

• Conclusion A is that what you saw was not supernatural and instead a combination of mundane influences that created a mistaken impression.
  • Conclusion B is that you have already decided that this critter is supernatural and as such you realize that you don't need to keep posting here because by not agreeing that you saw a magical doomhound the UM forums no longer offer anything for you.
  • Conclusion C is you accepting this whole story is nothing but made-believe and that there is no longer any need to perpetuate the lie to UM.

PS: Besides, I only wear my tinfoil hat on Thursdays.

Its possible that you could have seen something resembling a hellhound. But usually for that kind if thing out of stuff I have read...Well it means someone summoned it there. If it dissapeared like nothing it means that someone either !) summoned it and ran out of power. B)Summoned it and were killed by comming out of (usually a demonic circle) and got killed. Or C) Someone recalled it back. Or D) It was a random occurence. Or E) It never happened. Now if I were you I would look up all newspaper dates around the two week basis that you saw those "helldogs" or minions. And see if there was any other strange occurences. Or somebody dying by mualing, or strange death as of loss of blood or no explenation death.

I don't understand why someone would ask for help in working something like this out and then shoot down every single theory that people offer. All joking aside some people have offered up realistic ideas and the OP has tarnished them all so why bother? The OP is already convinced of what he saw.

• Like 1

On a side note, we went back and investigated the area a while ago, 4 days or so, in the day time, just me and Michael and we didn't see anything unusual.

So whatever it was, it probably isn't gonna bug us anymore.

(Let this thread die)

On a side note, we went back and investigated the area a while ago, 4 days or so, in the day time, just me and Michael and we didn't see anything unusual.

(Let this thread die)

Please allow me to translate.

I made it up. Now I've finally found something better to do. Bye.

(Let this thread die)

Unlike the other people on here who don't give the supernatural much thought. What the hell are all you people doing here anyway? I have grown up with similar experiences, ummm... Andrew right? ^_^

There are very few people who have ESP. An average person only uses about 30 percent or less of his brain. While people with ESP uses more. They have been able to break the barrier between the living and the dead and the immortals. It is very likely you have seen the hell hounds but here's a thought, they could have been werewolves or other creatures associated with the wolf.

A hell-hound is hell's guard dog. They hunt the dying and the dead. They never go for the living. It shouldn't have invoked fear upon you and your brother. As for the tall winged-figure, I'm pretty sure whatever it was, it was no being of love. Don't let it fool you with the wings and it's tallness. I suggest you do a full out investigation on the field.

Check old newspapers and internet articles. Go as far back as you can. Don't worry about the time period because beings of the other side last forever unless dealt with.

Look for things such as:

Did anyone die there?

Did anyone claim to have placed a curse on the area?

Was there a legend surrounding the area that may have been lost in time? (Gossip helps more in this case. Talk to some of the real old families, families that have been in the area for generations. Talk to the older folks, don't bother with the kids and teenagers)

Has anyone else encounter the same incident? (Gossip helps more in this case)

Has anyone spread another story and did that story create chaos? Was it the new topic for months or even years?

You may not have known but there is a superstition about creating ghost stories. It's said that if you create a ghost story and if enough people believe in it, it can actually manifest itself. It becomes real because people believe in it, their belief is so strong it gave it life.

My strongest advice? Don't go back there no matter what. It's not safe and never will be.

Unlike the other people on here who don't give the supernatural much thought. What the hell are all you people doing here anyway? I have grown up with similar experiences, ummm... Andrew right? ^_^

Were here because the forum is called unexplained mysterys not please help me explain a total fantasy. The forum is a place,imo, for discussing in a smart and adult manner mystery and generally strange stuff. The site dosent claim to be a place full of believers who think every little thing they aren't quite sure about is bigfoot. The fact is the majority of stories on here can be explained through common sense or with a little investigation but sadly quite a few of them can't because they are MADE UP.

Im not saying don't believe in anything, but just take a look at what is being said and try and make a common sense judgement before you decide it must be a hell beast or whatever.

Even though this site is called Unexplained Mysteries it doesn't mean that it has to be Unreasonable Conclusions. What a mess this place would be if after every experience only answers are "yes it's what you think it is (demon, monster, werewolf) or "it is demon, monster or a werewolf".

It's not shooting down if people try to find something "real" reasoning about experiences and not jump into paranormal train immediately.

• Like 1