Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Ghostly Experience...

mr_halo

Well when i lived in berlin, my dad was stationed at RAF Gatow, therefore we had to go with him, anyway we lived in huge flats which were complete with huge cellars, but joined onto these huge undergroud spaces were old bomb shelters and store rooms used frequently throughout world war 2.

this is where my experience occurred, all the children knew that these store rooms and shelters where not safe and that they weren't allowed in them, but since when has anything stopped kids, anyway

One room was full of sand and chains and old containers and this is where i, my sister and many friend witnessed a chain move along the floor, through the sand and then come to stop not to far from the doorway, the whole place was full of these kind of stories, even from the adults

in the end the RAF arranged for these storerooms to be blocked off, anyway i just thought i'd share my story...

Edited by mr_halo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_halo

• Fairie

• Deadly Nightshade

• Kismit

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm only one comment on my experience, ok so its not very exciting, sorry but real stories aren't always that interesting, i'm sure some people have atleast read the thing...

Now thast is frightening.Do you know what the chains had been used for??

Here's an experience for you:

My friends and I had just come back from the pub. My best friend went to unlock the door to upstairs, but discovered that the key was gone from his keychain- it was the only key missing. He used to keep two spare ones, just in case- but they too had disappeared.

I said I'd stay at the house, while he and another friend went back to the pub to search for the original key. They left me standing alone in the garage.

Now, you could access the upstairs and the basement through the garage, and the basement was never locked. While waiting, I felt this "need" to go into the basement. Knowing this was normal for me- but trusting my instincts, I went down into the basement.

I was drawn to one wall where shelved filled with cardboard boxes were stored. For some reason, I felt as if I had to find something behind all these boxes- so I started moving them out of the way. In back, I found a small cardboard box. This little box, no larger than a shoe box felt like it was the item I was looking for.

Something inside me "knew" I had to give it to my friend.

My friends returned to find me in the garage holding the cardboard box. It seems that inside the box were the ashes of my friend's Dad... and that my friend had misplaced the box while doing some house cleaning.

Also, the keys that had disappeared, were found exactly where they were supposed to be the next day- including the one on the keychain.

no, well i never actually thought what the chains could of been used for, or why they were even there, i knew the sand was there to fill sand bags, maybe the chains were just left there from when more equipment was stored there...

wow, thats a rather odd experience Stewey1972, i can never find my keys..

Wow Thats creepy Mr Halo and yours too Stewy but thankyou for sharing both your experiences with everyone.

Well Ive had a few chilling experiences myself.

Im orriginally from South Wales In the UK but moved to England over 8 year ago and was offered a house to rent by a private Landlady. It was quite a big house and smelt quite musty but I put that down to the property being vacant for so long because the landlady told me that the house had stood empty for a while. It was a furnished place, the furniture was quite old, but I decided to take it as , well really, there was not that many houses on offer to rent at the time and the rent seemed reasonable. Anyway I got my belongings moved in and started to clean up the place to get rid of the musty smell but no matter what I did , the smell remained almost like death. Half way up the stairs was like a block of ice and no matter what I did It still remained the same. Within a few weeks of moving in I was walking down the stairs and slipped on the middle step of the stairs, almost as if someone had pushed me, resulting in me falling to the bottom which spiralled toward the foot of the stairs. Although this was very frightening, I wasnt hurt in any way. The following day I was out in my kitchen( which Led into my bathroom ) washing the dishes and cleaning the surfaces when I saw the door handle move up and down on my bathroom door. This freaked me out a bit so I finished up in the kitchen and went straight to the living room where I turned the TV on to take my mind off it, when no sooner had I sat down, I heard a gushing sound so I got up to investigate. I walked to where the noise was coming from and opened the bathroom door where I saw both taps were running full in the bath tub. I turned them off but no sooner than I got to my kitchen , They were runnig on full again. It was at this point I knew something was most deffinately wrong.I went back to sit down after turning the TV off when I heard footsteps up above me (which was my bedroom)I knew there was no one in the house but I also heard a baby screaming upstairs so I went upstairs but the screaming had stopped but I heard a creak on the stairs, I looked out the door but nothing,no one.

To cut a long story short I started doing some research on the house and found out something really shocking: There was a family who lived there over some 50yrs ago , a young couple with a baby and the husband came home one day and butchered mother and baby to death in the now (my) bedroom. It was said that the whole street could hear the baby s piercing screams.

I had a bath another day and went upstairs to dry my hair and sat on the bed and the bed shifted as if someone had sat down next to me and I was thrown across the room!

Anyway I also found out the house was an old house and built on an old cemetary.Hense the musty smell that I was unable to get rid of.

Im so glad i dont live there anymore.

Thanks to everyone for my true story.

I know it was long so thankyou.

Deadly Nightshade.

In perfect Love

In Perfect Trust

So Blessed Be.

XXX.

Im so glad

a good post Nightshade, come on people, add your ghostly experiences to this thread

Nice stories and experiences to share. The best part is, they are over. wink2.gif

Yes they are over now thankfully O la, scarey as it was though, I came through it ok.

Deadly Nightshade.

In Perfect Love

In Perfect Trust

So Blessed Be.

XXX.

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

i came through my experience, without any changes, except i'm scared of ghosts and basements and chains and sand, oh and the dark and going anywhere crying.gif

right you want ghostly experinces well here's some of mine wink2.gif

back in 1991 i used to live in a hostel on the hagley road in birmingham and one night i was sat on the stairs talking to some freinds when i felt someone brush past me but no one was there. a few weeks later a whole load of us were in a freinds room when we all watched a lightbulb unscrew itself from the light fitting and gently float to the floor without breaking. now this freaked us out but what happened next really sent the bejeepers up us. we could hear footsteps outside her kitchen window, ok this sounds normal i can hear you say except we were three floors up and there is nowhere for anyone to walk on outside the window. w00t.gif

we soon discovered that the hostel was said to be haunted by the ghost of a girl who jumped out of that same window when it was a childrens home.

in march this year i was being giving a lift home off one of my mates at about 1am when we both saw a man standing at the edge of the road by some traffic lights. the lights went red and so we stopped and we assumed it was someone waiting to cross the road. only he didn't he just vanished. ohmy.gif we laughed it off and carried on and after about 100 yards on we felt a presence in the car with us. i turned around (well i had got a belly full of beer) and told the presence to bugger off, which it did. grin2.gif as we sat outside my house we discussed it and from the back of the car we saw a black shadowy figure move from behind us, cross the road and well the only way i can describe it is as zooming back off down the road.

i've also been in a pub before and had to go to the ladies to powder ones nose when the hand dryer went off on its own accord and there was no one else present.

hope that was scary enough for you? whistling2.gif

bb sam

Hey y'all,

Mr Halo, Your story reminded me of something bizarre that happened the first time I visited Berlin. I was staying in a hotel in Charlottenburg with some friends and everynight just as we turned our light off we would hear someone whistling in the courtyard outside our window. But when we tried to get in there in the morning we found that it was closed off to all visitors. We also heard weird things in the bathroom, one of my friends heard her name being called when everyone else was downstairs in the dining room and I heard someone knocking and calling out to me, in english, when all my friends were elsewhere, and there were no other english guests on the floor.

The most bizarre thing happened when we were all together on the last night. Some lads, who were travelling with us, had just told us about something repeatedly turning their door handle the night before, their door was locked and none of them were brave enough to look out.

So we all sat down in our room and discussed all the creepy tings that had happened. After a while, we moved on the general ghost stories (naturally being a group of girls on an extended sleepover) and one of the stories was about something knocking on the walls, everytime someone said the word knock, there was a knock on the exterior wall of the room. No-one said anything til the end of the story, my friend laughed and said, 'Did you all hear that knocking whenever you said knock?' we all started to agree when we heard a huge thumping on the wall which drove us all out and straight down to the lads room. When we came back, there was nothing out of place and aside ofrom the whistling again, we had a peaceful night. But I don't think I'll be going back.

A wussy Fairie crying.gif

Update!

Today i went to the Huntington Beach park with my sister and her b/f... everything was all fine and dandy... we were learning how to play Go and i was doing just fine.... My sis and her b/f walked off a bit later to do their kissing and stuff (yuck!) and so i decided to listen to my cd player...

Not too much later i felt.... almost dizzy but not dizzy. ... i dunno how to explain it... and the air around me started to get thick... no not thick... humid... extremely humid...and hot....so I thought.. "ok.. maybe i should just lay down a sec.. maybe i've taken in too much fresh air.."... The next thing i knew i was feeling an entity (what you will.. a ghost.. spirit...) almost... well... tackeling me... but i didn't feel it on my skin... no... it was inside of me.... i was.. .. i got very scared...

Now this isn't like when you see a vicious dog and you get scared because you are afraid of it hurting you kind-of-scared... oh no... this is the kind of scared like you're recreating a scene... like... i dunno... i just couldn't breath.. and I wanted to cry but i had no tears... and i wanted to scream but i had no breath. (almost like i was sufficating ) . and i wanted to think happy thoughts.. but i was focusing on living.. and for the life of me... i don't know why i wanted to live... i wanted to die.. but fought to live...

This has NEVER happened to me... and i'm sooo scared because it reminded me of the ghost (what you will) that made me hurt myself subconsiously.... i'm soo frightened.. in a sence that i don't want it to happen to me again or to anyone else...

I bet most of you out there don't belive this and will try to make explainations that all i've experianced today didn't happen the way i felt it... but you weren't there.. you didn't feel it... you didn't nearly die out there at the park today.. and i can't explain what happened out there in words... its like explaining how you feel when you love someone.... (actually... its like that but with subconsious fear.... .)

I had posted this one in haunted-one61, do ghosts want you to be scared.... or something like that.... and well... sorry if i sound a bit snippy.... the occurance brought up a lot of things that i don't like to remember....

Oooooh i went to Charlottenburg, god knows how many times when i lived in Berlin, oh the memories, i wish i had been older when i lived there...

Apparently we were staying slap bang in the middle of the red-light district, there was a strip club next door and my mate got chatted up by a bloke in black shoes and white socks, possibly the scariest part of the whole trip. scared.gif

i have some white socks somewhere and a pair of black shoes, i tend not to wear shoes though, or white sock for that matter, yes there was always a lot of sexual content around in berlin, and i lived there from age 6 to 10, i saw some things i'd rather forget..