Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie Image Captured in Woods

Pandora7321

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• NatureBoff

• quillius

• Meridianite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe people still cite that idiotic spanish thing as proof of anything, it's an admitted fake project by some filmmaker. LOOK.

Now here come the claims that they made this video just to debunk the first. :rolleyes:

As for this thing, I call fake. At least I HOPE it's fake. I do not want to run into crazy emaciated crawling bald guy in the woods anytime soon.

Edited by Moonie2012

It's an absolute fake. Check out these, one is the originally posted picture, the other is a different report on it. Same picture, different dates.

Exhibit A: http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/sadiepoolovee/Swamp_Monster.jpg

Exhibit B: http://www1.nbc33tv.com/news/nbc33-see-it-shoot-it-share-it-crazy-hunting-pic

Not to mention the texturing of the surrounding area is completely different than the "creature". This is just a really crappy photoshop job. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Nothing to see here people, move it along. :D

what were these guys doing out in the middle of the night with a flash light in the first place?

......and videotaping the trip into the woods. A logical question that I could find no answer to when I saw this video some time ago. However, the image in this video and the one in the picture seem to be of the same creature.

Edited by Meridianite

......and videotaping the trip into the woods. A logical question that I could find no answer to when I saw this video some time ago. However, the image in this video and the one in the picture seem to be of the same creature.

LOOK. 3 minutes in.

Edited by Moonie2012

Creepy image. Makes me kinda not want to go into the woods. o.o

Hey, I found the full picture

Swamp_Monster.jpg

Now that is what the trail cam picture should look like ( minus the fake figure put in ) thumbsup.gif

That would be the timestamps and signature from a Wildgame Trail cam......The pics from these are also easy to " photoshop".

**strokes his chin and riffles through files frantically**

I've seen this thing before... this exact thing but it wasn't that picture!

**continues to riffle through papers and web history**

Dammit... if I could just remember where or when I could establish if it was sighted in the same area or by the same people!

I don't think it's a fake, it's not the kind of thing woodsmen/hunters do, that's more of a college undergraduate occupation. It doesn't appear to be like the Louisiana Swamp Monster described by Harlan Ford and others, which is more of a werewolf-type cryptid. The Honey Island Swamps are also in the eastern part of the State which makes it even less likely to be the same creature. This looks humanoid and not something I was expecting after reading the intro. Interesting stuff though. It has well developed shoulder muscles and seems to be reacting to the infra-red lights of the trailcam bearing it's teeth. It's also on it's knees with what appear to look like long legs behind it. If real, I suspect that it's a tree-dwelling humanoid which ventures out at night. It also reminds me of the Spanish footage of something similar, see here if you're brave enough

HOLY MOLY! Okay, after seeing the full picture I'll have to take back my agreeing that it looked like a bear with mange. I'll still say it's almost assuredly fake, but man that picture is WAY creepier than the one in the news article.

It's an absolute fake. Check out these, one is the originally posted picture, the other is a different report on it. Same picture, different dates.

Exhibit A: http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/sadiepoolovee/Swamp_Monster.jpg

Exhibit B: http://www1.nbc33tv.com/news/nbc33-see-it-shoot-it-share-it-crazy-hunting-pic

Not to mention the texturing of the surrounding area is completely different than the "creature". This is just a really crappy photoshop job. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Nothing to see here people, move it along. :D

Good catch on the date differences!!

Wow, totally fake, when is Skyward sword out? It reminds me of those zombies from Zelda that scream and then grab you :lol:

You're just guessing that they admitted it was a fake or I suspect they said it was a fake to keep everyone quiet in Roman Catholic Spain. They sounded genuine on the video, there's no way they faked the moments of terror imo.

Aside from the fact that it is an admitted fake, as JGirl said, that is not terror they're conveying. If I ran into something like that in the woods at night, my reaction would not be the same as if someone came from around a corner and yelled "boo", which is how they reacted imo.

As for the pic in the op, I can't imagine a bear with mange would ever look so human-like. My guess is photoshop.

If I ran into something like that in the woods at night, my reaction would not be the same as if someone came from around a corner and yelled "boo", which is how they reacted imo.

We need video evidence! lol

We need video evidence! lol

Of my reaction to something scary? Nah, I'll pass. :P Unless I happen to videotape running into something weird like that, in which case you guys would be the first to see it haha.

Of my reaction to something scary? Nah, I'll pass. :P Unless I happen to videotape running into something weird like that, in which case you guys would be the first to see it haha.

That's a shame I have a good laugh at watching girls screaming their heads off and falling over. LOL

My housemate does that, she is so easy to scare. I just have to stand round a corner or the other side of the wall and the neighbour will think i'm stabbing her to death with the noise she makes! LMFAO

I might have to record it sometime to give people a good laugh.

Any validation that this is not fake or photoshopped?

How much more validation do you need? Have I not given enough evidence? Go up and read my post about it. I posted two identical pictures, both with different dates. Also, if you look at the texturing in the pictures, it doesn't match up. It's a really bad photoshop job.

First thing I thought of when I saw the picture.

Fluke.jpg

Nibs

omg that is gross! but it does resemble it *shudders*

Thats where my pet Zombie went to, silly things runs away from home all the time....

No but really, has there been any proof of this being fake? Because if not it's considered real untill proven not to be.

Is there any truth to the one from Spain? did the creatures of the show actually admitted to be fake or?

Personally, i'm very curious on to what that thing is.

As for the "Zombie" (I'll call it that cause it looks like one :P) Vs the Deer picture, the Deer picture is photoshoped