Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Homosexuality Wrong?

Bracket

Yes and? Why you told me this?

EDIT: I ask her opinion because she wrote what she wrote. We are not talking about pedophilia.In same context I mention pedophilia I could mention zoophilia or what ever. I was trying to show importancy of research.

The question was asked. I just gave an answer.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bracket

• Sakari

• Coffey

• ~TheBigK~

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:w00t: This is it. Signs of deficit of sleeping.Im going to sleep.Sorry Jonathan.This second time as I remember I apologized to you :hmm:

Ha it's allright L, My post was not very clear. :lol:

There's nothing really wrong with homosexuality, but it is an evolutionary dead end.

Interesting,I never thought in that direction.

Edited by the L

My main point was that while pedophilia could be a mental illness, it's still a horrendous crime that should be punished.

Actually I think pedophilia is not a crime, its only if you act on it that it becomes one.

In common usage, pedophilia means any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, often termed "pedophilic behavior".[2][10][17][18] For example, The American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary states, "Pedophilia is the act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children."[19] This common use application also extends to the sexual interest and abuse of pubescent or post-pubescent minors.[20][21] Researchers recommend that these imprecise uses be avoided,[20] as people who commit child sexual abuse commonly exhibit the disorder,[10][22][23] but some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia, and the clinical diagnosis standards pertain to prepubescents. Additionally, not all pedophiles actually commit such abuse.
Link

Anyway I dont think anything is wrong with homosexuality. I grew up with many friends who did though and would tease others and be very immature about it. I never understood why they cared or seemed to feel threatened by it. I still encounter this type of immaturity all the time from strangers. Just the other day I was playing an online game(and I hadnt played one for aaages)and someone was using a name that my son uses(and its not one anyone else would think to use, so I think it was obviously a troll/stalker). So they used my sons online name with (homo) in front of it. So well done whoever that was for picking on a 9yr.

So its not homosexuality that is wrong but how others treat others in regards to it.

I never said that all gay people think about is sex. I was just asking a question about what disturbs most straight people about male homosexuality, which, from my experience, is the *spam filter* part.

I'm not saying it is right, I am just expressing the reaction that I typically get when I ask others about the topic.

I had a feeling you'd think I was directing this thing to you. I was specifically talking about that one sentence you've made. I know that you said that you have nothing against gays or whatever, but I'm talking about people who make comments like that and DO have something against gay people and stuff.

i've always wondered if im bi because the way my childhood was ruined and if i woudve had a different one would i still be bi? its always frustrated me, either way im def bi now. its just ill always wonder tht.

homosexuality isnt wrong. however it depends on how you were braught up, if your parents hated gays or were against it, you too might be against it or not as accepting as others, it all depends on that. i know my fam isnt against it, but if i was to tell them im bi, i think they would freak out. thats wh y im waiting till i move out haha :ph34r:

i've always wondered if im bi because the way my childhood was ruined and if i woudve had a different one would i still be bi? its always frustrated me, either way im def bi now. its just ill always wonder tht.

homosexuality isnt wrong. however it depends on how you were braught up, if your parents hated gays or were against it, you too might be against it or not as accepting as others, it all depends on that. i know my fam isnt against it, but if i was to tell them im bi, i think they would freak out. thats wh y im waiting till i move out haha :ph34r:

What are you going to do? Be all packed and ready to go, and just as you're about to go, say "oh yeah, i'm bi", and run out the door? :lol:

There's nothing really wrong with homosexuality, but it is an evolutionary dead end. With our numbers it's irrelevant though.

Interesting point. And yet, homosexuality seems more and more prevalent. If it is only a dead end, why does homosexuality flourish throughout humanity and in other species around the world? I am no evolutionary biologist, but I do wonder if homosexuality is somehow a necessity. Does it attempt to prevent the overcrowding of population, perhaps?

It is true that if it were up to homosexuals to churn out babies and ensure our species continue to propagate, we might be in trouble. But can't homosexuals also help ensure our species survival in other ways - like adopting and raising children? Is that equally as valuable; to help take care of the children we already have instead of just producing more?

If homosexuality is simply an evolutionary dead end, then they would be no more useful to the survival of our species than a heterosexual who never marries and has children. But something just strikes me as wrong about that. Then again, I could be totally off base here.

Excellent point of discussion, Wickian. Does anyone else have something they would like to add in regards to this?

Interesting point. And yet, homosexuality seems more and more prevalent. If it is only a dead end, why does homosexuality flourish throughout humanity and in other species around the world? I am no evolutionary biologist, but I do wonder if homosexuality is somehow a necessity. Does it attempt to prevent the overcrowding of population, perhaps?

It is true that if it were up to homosexuals to churn out babies and ensure our species continue to propagate, we might be in trouble. But can't homosexuals also help ensure our species survival in other ways - like adopting and raising children? Is that equally as valuable; to help take care of the children we already have instead of just producing more?

If homosexuality is simply an evolutionary dead end, then they would be no more useful to the survival of our species than a heterosexual who never marries and has children. But something just strikes me as wrong about that. Then again, I could be totally off base here.

Excellent point of discussion, Wickian. Does anyone else have something they would like to add in regards to this?

I have wondered about this actually. But then, lesbian couples resort to artificial insemination often enough. If it came down to the end of our species, I'm sure gay males would still be just as open to assisting in this endeavor. If we didn't have the science and technology then yes, we'd be in trouble, but luckily we do. Just a thought.

I have wondered about this actually. But then, lesbian couples resort to artificial insemination often enough. If it came down to the end of our species, I'm sure gay males would still be just as open to assisting in this endeavor. If we didn't have the science and technology then yes, we'd be in trouble, but luckily we do. Just a thought.

Agreed. Certainly, whether you are gay or lesbian doesn't affect your ability to procreate. And you're certainly right about the technological advancements we have being a plus. Would definitely be interesting to see where we would be without that.

Agreed. Certainly, whether you are gay or lesbian doesn't affect your ability to procreate. And you're certainly right about the technological advancements we have being a plus. Would definitely be interesting to see where we would be without that.

Yeah, infact my lesbian aunt has two kids.

Here is a little joke, just to relax.

I'll tell you what the big advantage of homosexuality is. If you're going out with someone your size, right there you double your wardrobe.

- Jerry Seinfeld

:lol::w00t:

Here is a little joke, just to relax.

I'll tell you what the big advantage of homosexuality is. If you're going out with someone your size, right there you double your wardrobe.

- Jerry Seinfeld

:lol::w00t:

:w00t::lol::tu:

What are you going to do? Be all packed and ready to go, and just as you're about to go, say "oh yeah, i'm bi", and run out the door? :lol:

haha yeah =] she wont be able to tell me to leave nor will it be awkward if only for a moment and then i can head to my place and have a party and stop faking who iam around them ugh its so frustrating. i knw it sounds funny but thats the plan. not like they even need to know at all in the first place cus thats my personal sexual choice i'd be telling them about and thats very not their business, but i see how it might be necessary someday. :geek:

haha yeah =] she wont be able to tell me to leave nor will it be awkward if only for a moment and then i can head to my place and have a party and stop faking who iam around them ugh its so frustrating. i knw it sounds funny but thats the plan. not like they even need to know at all in the first place cus thats my personal sexual choice i'd be telling them about and thats very not their business, but i see how it might be necessary someday. :geek:

Yeah, i agree. If you were gay, then that would be something to talk to them about. Well, it might matter which side you prefer. If you lean more toward liking women, then maybe you should talk to them about it... I don't know. I'm just rambling. :whistle:

I used to care, but now I think there's way too many damned people around. I can't even back out of my driveway without having to slam on the brakes every day due to some jogger, dog walker, kid on a bicycle, other cars going by, etc. At least the gays can't easily reproduce. Maybe it's nature's way of effectively thinning the herd, who knows.

I used to care, but now I think there's way too many damned people around. I can't even back out of my driveway without having to slam on the brakes every day due to some jogger, dog walker, kid on a bicycle, other cars going by, etc. At least the gays can't easily reproduce. Maybe it's nature's way of effectively thinning the herd, who knows.

Can you explain what you used to think? In other words, why did you care?

Is homosexuality wrong?

I guess that is dependant on many factors...including the upbringing and culture of the person.

I come from a strict background...where my parents believe that it is wrong..that it's 'disgusting.'

I disagree.

I think one should be able to love anyone they want...and who is to say it's not natural?

We don't know what's natural or not in this type of situation...but all I know is that I have no right to dictate someone's life...including restricting them on what would ensure their happiness.

Love isn't wrong, therefore neither is homosexuality. However thats just my opinion, i've seen some vicious attitudes towards my gay friends that dissapoints me. We've evolved into intelligent beings and they act like the animals they once were because they dont agree with somebody elses view of life. :unsure2:

Love isn't wrong, therefore neither is homosexuality. However thats just my opinion, i've seen some vicious attitudes towards my gay friends that dissapoints me. We've evolved into intelligent beings and they act like the animals they once were because they dont agree with somebody elses view of life. :unsure2:

Could it not also be the other way around, that they have remained intelligent beings and you have evolved into "something else" that don't agree with somebody else's view of life?

Can you explain what you used to think? In other words, why did you care?

I used to be of a very redneck mindset about it, but now, I'm so focussed on making my life better financially that I just don't really care about anything else. When I have the money I want, I'm sure I will resume persecuting. I've bigger fish to fry right now.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Could it not also be the other way around, that they have remained intelligent beings and you have evolved into "something else" that don't agree with somebody else's view of life?

Is there something you want to say on the matter, Slorri? That's what this thread is about.

Is there something you want to say on the matter, Slorri? That's what this thread is about.

Yes, I mean that we can't always know for sure that our own thoughts are the right ones just because they are ours.

It has become very popular right now to be pro homo-sex; a lot of people are choosing others thoughts as their own.

Statistically perhaps we are weighing 1 000 000 tested years against 20 untested ones.

Before it was considered unmoral with homo-sex, now the ones preaching morals are considered fanatics or terrorists.

Yes, I mean that we can't always know for sure that our own thoughts are the right ones just because they are ours.

It has become very popular right now to be pro homo-sex; a lot of people are choosing others thoughts as their own.

Statistically perhaps we are weighing 1 000 000 tested years against 20 untested ones.

Before it was considered unmoral with homo-sex, now the ones preaching morals are considered fanatics or terrorists.

That's an interesting way of looking at it, but doesn't really work for me. Racism was pretty prominent years back, does that mean I should consider that my anti-racist thoughts are wrong? I'm not a fan of being overly politically correct or anything, but I'm certainly not "pro homo-sex" because it's popular. Being gay isn't a fad any more than being straight is.