Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100,000 members

Saru

Wonder if that includes closed accounts. I had changed my user name twice in the past and started over with a new account once.

I don't think changing your user name would add to the count.. you would still have the same account.. If you close that account and open a new one to start afresh, then yes I think that will add to the count of members joined

Looking at the exact total to date -> 92,716 members have joined UM. Well if you were to take in to account - those that have closed their accounts and later came back with new accounts.. and even those that have trolled, got banned and came back over and over .... that still would not scratch the surface of the 90 odd thousand acounts registered with UM... I would dare say those that have done that would not reach 1% of the total

Just guessing mind you !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I don't think changing your user name would add to the count.. you would still have the same account.. If you close that account and open a new one to start afresh, then yes I think that will add to the count of members joined

Looking at the exact total to date -> 92,716 members have joined UM. Well if you were to take in to account - those that have closed their accounts and later came back with new accounts.. and even those that have trolled, got banned and came back over and over .... that still would not scratch the surface of the 90 odd thousand acounts registered with UM... I would dare say those that have done that would not reach 1% of the total

Just guessing mind you !!

There's one I can think of, that must have contributed at least 10% by doing that.

Naming no names, but he pops up repeatedly in the UFO forum, usually with a message from God to humanity, with a new name each time (or some variation on the same one), then is banned after about 10 minutes and the thread disappears once more into oblivion.

Edited by 747400

It would be more impressive if I did not suspect that like 90% of those people only came to the site 10 times or less and only posted 5 times or less. Have any of you gone through the Members list alphabetically trying to remember someones name? Takes forever, and you get to see thousands of people with 0 or 1 post who for whatever reason, made a membership and then dropped out.

I do do that with various things; this is one of the only two or three places I've stuck around at, actually. I registered with our local paper just the other day to complain about the traffic. I doubt that I'll bother doing anything else.

There's one I can think of, that must have contributed at least 10% by doing that.

Naming no names, but he pops up repeatedly in the UFO forum, usually with a message from God to humanity, with a new name each time (or some variation on the same one), then is banned after about 10 minutes and the thread disappears once more into oblivion.

So this person has made 9,200 ID's? really? wow

I do not get why anyone after getting banned..would bother making up new email addresses over and over with new ID's just to troll? thats just pathetic..

10% would be over 9,000 accounts.... :lol:

It might seem like he's registered a lot but in reality he'd have a long way to go to reach even three figures.

So this person has made 9,200 ID's? really? wow

I do not get why anyone after getting banned..would bother making up new email addresses over and over with new ID's just to troll? thats just pathetic..

Some people really, really, really think they have something to proove. And... usually they think they are smarter then the Admins, which... they are not.

• Like 1

Some people really, really, really think they have something to proove. And... usually they think they are smarter then the Admins, which... they are not.

Ha ha true that

But really it must be sad to be like that - always trolling.. just to p*** people off.. it must amuse them...and they must have a lot of free time on their hands... sad !!

Some freak me out lol..

As of this morning we have officially reached the 90,000 members milestone.

A big thank you and congratulations to all 90,000 of you. :tu:

Next stop - 100,000. ;)

think a bit....

why theres many members in a website which dont let you remove your account??

think a bit....

You mean like - Facebook? its easy to open and not so easy to close....

We will always honour a request to close an account on the forums, what we won't do however is completely delete all of someone's posts because that disrupts existing threads and discussions.

I notice that you yourself have two accounts on here - is that what prompted you to make this comment ?

You mean like - Facebook? its easy to open and not so easy to close....

Kind of like Hotel California, then?

You can check out any time you like. ...

But you can...

Never leave.

:unsure2:

:ph34r:

But you can...

Never leave.

:lol::devil:

But you can...

Never leave.

:w00t:

We will always honour a request to close an account on the forums, what we won't do however is completely delete all of someone's posts because that disrupts existing threads and discussions.

I notice that you yourself have two accounts on here - is that what prompted you to make this comment ?

not two but 3 LOLOL

I think each member should have the right to decide to close his profile without asking to administrators, and keeping the topics and discussions on the forum, which when you go check you will see the topic but from a non-member (per example with his avatar saying "member removed" or something) I have seen that on other foruns, and you as administrator could have less to worry.

Edited by Luziadus

Its certainly an idea to keep in mind for the future, at the moment it isn't a feature supported by Invision Board so it would need to be a custom built modification. One problem with what you've suggested is that it isn't reversable, if all of a member's posts are reverted to a "guest" status upon their account's removal then it wouldn't be possible to re-open the account again in the future. I don't often get members asking to have their account closed but many of those who do come back later and ask to have their account opened again at a later date so its something to consider.

Its certainly an idea to keep in mind for the future, at the moment it isn't a feature supported by Invision Board so it would need to be a custom built modification. One problem with what you've suggested is that it isn't reversable, if all of a member's posts are reverted to a "guest" status upon their account's removal then it wouldn't be possible to re-open the account again in the future. I don't often get members asking to have their account closed but many of those who do come back later and ask to have their account opened again at a later date so its something to consider.

But when a member close his account he/she are aware of that, because that means they not come back anymore, so they also know that when they close their account they will have to do a new one if they werent expecting to came back.

Now if a member not come here for a certain time that member not have even to touch in his/her account,simple as that.

and the forum could save more space/money in the server.

But when a member close his account he/she are aware of that, because that means they not come back anymore, so they also know that when they close their account they will have to do a new one if they werent expecting to came back.

I really don't see the advantage of that, all it would do is force returning members to register another account.

the forum could save more space/money in the server.

Member accounts take up a negligible amount of server resources, we could have 10 million accounts and space still wouldn't be an issue.

• 5 months later...

As of August 11, 2011 there will be hundreds of new members joining because the History Channel shut down its message board

Is their a way to see what number you are? I joined in 2005 I think so I would probably be under 30,000

Mouse over your username and you'll see a link like this:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showuser=26655

The number on the end is your member number.

Mouse over your username and you'll see a link like this:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showuser=26655

The number on the end is your member number.

I tried this on Saru himself :D

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showuser=1

876406_acorn.jpg

quercus-robur-tree-traditional.jpg

meow purr :)

• 2 months later...

As of this moment we have officially reached the 100,000 members mark.

Congratulations to dove1111 for being the 100,000th member to register on the forums. :tu:

Awesome milestone, congratulations Saru :D

Edit to add:

Swede was pretty darn close on his original estimated date.

Chuckle! OK.

Based upon recent trends, a 3.5 week average would tend to indicate that the 100,000th member will join between 11-13-11 and 11-18-11. To further define, will suggest the date of November 15, 2011.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons