Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Accelerated Healing and pain tolerance

Answer42

This post is in line with posts that targets long life. Apparently some people heal faster than others. There is some information on the web about accelerated or fast healing. Is there a link with pain tolerance? From what I read keeping calm can help the healing process but this seems to be anecdotal information. My spouse is fits both of these categories. For example she usually was send her back to bed after surgery because she was up and around much earlier than expected and has 95% mobility with her new knee after 5 or 6 days. She has things to do and lying around and having pity for herself is not one of them. I on the other hand dread tiny needle sticks when I have blood work done. Apparently your thoughts can matter.

What stories of accelerated healing or pain tolerance would you share. Maybe there should be more focus on people like this if we want longer lives.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Answer42

• JGirl

• psychoticmike

• johnny blue eyes

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is in line with posts that targets long life. Apparently some people heal faster than others. There is some information on the web about accelerated or fast healing. Is there a link with pain tolerance? From what I read keeping calm can help the healing process but this seems to be anecdotal information. My spouse is fits both of these categories. For example she usually was send her back to bed after surgery because she was up and around much earlier than expected and has 95% mobility with her new knee after 5 or 6 days. She has things to do and lying around and having pity for herself is not one of them. I on the other hand dread tiny needle sticks when I have blood work done. Apparently your thoughts can matter.

What stories of accelerated healing or pain tolerance would you share. Maybe there should be more focus on people like this if we want longer lives.

Hi, im a new member here but have been visiting site for years. I have a very hi pain tolerence and also seem to heal very quickly and am very rarley sick or ill and never been seriously ill ever. had a knee prob when i was 18 and told i had osteo? arthiritis and told i would need a new knee in about 15 yrs, i am now 33 and my knee is 100% perfect. also was put to sleep to remove a pellet from my neck ( moment of stupidity ) and felt fine and ate and wanted to go home not long after i came round. but they wouldnt let me. imo some people are just naturally fitter,stronger and healthier than others and studying them would be beneficial.

atttitude plays a major role in how fast someone heals from surgery or injury, i do believe this.

as for pain tolerance, some people naturally have a higher tolerance for pain than others, but this doesn't make them stronger or better. just different in how they process it.

there are pain management courses available for those who deal with chronic and intense pain, such as cancer victims etc. it can be learned, and those who deal with constant pain will tell you that their attitude about it also plays a big part in how they tolerate it.

i deal with intense pain much better than trivial pain. stubbing my toe is harder to deal with than a migraine, as silly as that sounds.

atttitude plays a major role in how fast someone heals from surgery or injury, i do believe this.

as for pain tolerance, some people naturally have a higher tolerance for pain than others, but this doesn't make them stronger or better. just different in how they process it.

there are pain management courses available for those who deal with chronic and intense pain, such as cancer victims etc. it can be learned, and those who deal with constant pain will tell you that their attitude about it also plays a big part in how they tolerate it.

i deal with intense pain much better than trivial pain. stubbing my toe is harder to deal with than a migraine, as silly as that sounds.

Which matters more, attitude or fortitude (genetics in this case)? I know there are those birthing classes that attempt to manage pain during the process. But there are loads of sitcoms that make fun of this by having a women go to the classes and then when the birth actually takes place they are more than willing to take the medication instead. How often does this happen in the real world. If someone out there reading this has gone to a pain management class please let us know your experience and if you would recommend it to others. Pain is a warning that something is wrong with your body and it is all in your head. Physical therapy is aimed at healing. All I believe is that physical therapists were students of Torquemada .

the majority of it has to do with your beliefs, and i had a really bad skateboard accident when i was 13, i was going down a really steep hill going at least 30 miles per hour and towards the bottom of the road there was a lot of small gravel and rocks that i didn't see from the top, and it stopped my skateboard dead in its tracks and i flew off and tumbled like ten times i hit my head pretty hard on the street and my helmet flew off even tho it was strapped on as tight as it could go and when i got up to go grab my skateboard i felt a little dizzy for like a second, but i went to grab my skateboard and when i tried to lift my arm that's when i noticed it didn't work and it was broken, but i didn't feel any pain from the whole incident until later when i was at the hospital and had to lift my arm into the ex ray machine, also every fight I've been in (which has been quite a lot)LOL i never felt any of the punches or any pain, i have been hit in the face many times and never had a bloody nose, or lip or black eye none of that, so i think part of it is genetics, part of it is adrenaline, and the majority of it has to do with your mind.

Which matters more, attitude or fortitude (genetics in this case)? I know there are those birthing classes that attempt to manage pain during the process. But there are loads of sitcoms that make fun of this by having a women go to the classes and then when the birth actually takes place they are more than willing to take the medication instead. How often does this happen in the real world. If someone out there reading this has gone to a pain management class please let us know your experience and if you would recommend it to others. Pain is a warning that something is wrong with your body and it is all in your head. Physical therapy is aimed at healing. All I believe is that physical therapists were students of Torquemada .

pain management class for pregnant mothers is a crash course meant to get you through a day of pain. it's basically nothing more than breathing exercises. i'm referring to intensive classes on acute pain management offered to cancer patients and those with dibilitating chronic pain as an alternativeor accompaniment to narcotics.

yes pain is a warning, but if there is nothing you can do to get rid of it, you really don't need the pain to keep reminding you, do you?

Edited by JGirl

pain management class for pregnant mothers is a crash course meant to get you through a day of pain. it's basically nothing more than breathing exercises. i'm referring to intensive classes on acute pain management offered to cancer patients and those with dibilitating chronic pain as an alternativeor accompaniment to narcotics.

yes pain is a warning, but if there is nothing you can do to get rid of it, you really don't need the pain to keep reminding you, do you?

Do more than 60% of persons that take these classes report that is successful and seems to manage the pain? The pain will remain as long as there is a problem. Turning off pain is much like silencing an alarm at a nuclear power plant and going about your business.

Do more than 60% of persons that take these classes report that is successful and seems to manage the pain? The pain will remain as long as there is a problem. Turning off pain is much like silencing an alarm at a nuclear power plant and going about your business.

i am talking about those who don't have an end to their pain. until they're dead that is. learning to cope and live with pain is essential to these people if they want any quality of life or not.

as for percentages, i'll have to look that up. i know it helped my brother in law when he was suffering in the later stages of cancer. he chose it to lessen his need for such heavy doses of drugs.

I've always had a high pain tolerance and fast healing too. I rarely get sick. I heal from a equivalent scratch about twice to three times as fast as my wife. I don't bruise either. It is not about healthy living, as I eat fast food as much as healthy food. I do drink mainly water however, and not soda or anything else.

I'm also apparently stronger then a average person my size. I can wrestle with my 6 foot 2 inch brother in law (Highschool Linebacker) and not get hurt. Don't win as often as I used to however. And I am about 5 foot 8 inches and 42 years old.

I think there are people who are blessed with excellent health, strength, endurance and pain tolerance due to Genetic factors.

I have noticed some aches and pains at night, but they come with age, I think. And 12 hour work days.

I think there are many suppliments and medications that can help healing and pain and strength. They work sometimes more and sometimes less depending on the person using them. Again I think this predisposition goes back to the individual genetics.

I know it is not PC, but some people are genetically better then others.