Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WikiLeaks

bee

What was the point in having a public vote?! That actually disgusts me....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bee

• the1truebat

• The Silver Thong

• Coffey

Meh, who reads Time anyway? Besides, this isn't the first time they've gone against the public vote. And, to be fair, they do reserve the right to choose who ever they want as P.O.T.Y and have stated that ultimately it's up to them. I just don't like that they picked Zuckerberg, when Lady Gaga was also on the list. :lol:

But to get back on topic:

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walks free from prison

Edited by Pinx

I'm happy now...... :)

This whole Assange/WikiLeaks thing has a long LONG way to run before the script

for a movie can be written.

Some people in this world MAKE history

They follow their destiny

Because of this they are loved and hated

And there's a fine line between the two

:devil::innocent:

I think you're just jealous.....the1truebat...... :lol::P

of all the attention Julian is getting

HA!

:tu:

While it is true,I am an attention whore, I could never be jealous of a man who looks like a frog. Besides, Without this little topic, I never would have had this great debate with you, Bee. So mass respect there. Oh, and before I forget, Julian Assange is still a douche.

While it is true,I am an attention whore, I could never be jealous of a man who looks like a frog. Besides, Without this little topic, I never would have had this great debate with you, Bee. So mass respect there. Oh, and before I forget, Julian Assange is still a douche.

right back atcha

lol

I do love a pantomime baddy.....

remember what happens when the frog is kissed

:P

and there are millions of supporters world wide (metaphorically) giving Julian a great big kiss

here's an example of a few hundred thousand of them

http://www.avaaz.org/en/wikileaks_petition/96.php

What was the point in having a public vote?! That actually disgusts me....

exactly.... <_<

Meh, who reads Time anyway? Besides, this isn't the first time they've gone against the public vote. And, to be fair, they do reserve the right to choose who ever they want as P.O.T.Y and have stated that ultimately it's up to them. I just don't like that they picked Zuckerberg, when Lady Gaga was also on the list. :lol:

But to get back on topic:

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walks free from prison

THANKS for that link...Julian Assange spoke very well considering he had been in solitary confinement

and then suddenly....wham...there's the world's press....

hear them calling his name at the end..... :D ......Julian Julian Julian

LOL

My heart went out to him seeing him holding it together so well

An interview with Julian Assange on Channel 4 (UK) tonight...

I think he did brilliantly

and got a lot into the interview

Julian Assange interviewed after being given bail (Channel 4 News, 16.12.10)

An interview with Julian Assange on Channel 4 (UK) tonight...

I think he did brilliantly

and got a lot into the interview

Julian Assange interviewed after being given bail (Channel 4 News, 16.12.10)

Yeah he did handle that well. I thought the charge against him wasn't rape, I thought it was becuase he didn't use a condom which is illegal in Sweden and the 2 woman said they gave consent to sex and to not wearing a condom.... Wasn't that posted on UM before?

Yeah he did handle that well. I thought the charge against him wasn't rape, I thought it was becuase he didn't use a condom which is illegal in Sweden and the 2 woman said they gave consent to sex and to not wearing a condom.... Wasn't that posted on UM before?

I know....I'm not sure what's going on with all that to do with the (bogus) sex charges

It is actually quite serious...what he was saying to do with it being colusion between

Sweden and the US.

To get him to Sweden so he could be more easily extradited to the States.

Look how they are pushing to make an example of Gary McKinnon

Bet they are desperate to get their hands on Assange

I know....I'm not sure what's going on with all that to do with the (bogus) sex charges

It is actually quite serious...what he was saying to do with it being colusion between

Sweden and the US.

To get him to Sweden so he could be more easily extradited to the States.

Look how they are pushing to make an example of Gary McKinnon

Bet they are desperate to get their hands on Assange

Good points Bee, especially comparing this to the Gary McKinnon situation. :tu:

I wish the UFO stuff would come out already. lol You don't think this might be more to do with that do you?

I wish the UFO stuff would come out already. lol You don't think this might be more to do with that do you?

yeah they should release the UFO bits then they can do what they like to him.....(only kidding Bee) :)

Good comparison though as Coffey said.

ALso did anyone hear that the US were to go after him for treason?

Don't know.....he has said that he has a 'poison pill' release for if he gets assassinated (or similar)

I think the nitty gritty UFO/ET stuff might be a higher classification than what WikiLeaks has

but who knows

if we are sat at our computers one day and they all explode....we will go

oh oh...looks like WikiLeaks just gave us proof of Exhibit A

B):o^_^

yeah they should release the UFO bits then they can do what they like to him.....(only kidding Bee) :)

Good comparison though as Coffey said.

ALso did anyone hear that the US were to go after him for treason?

Yes...I nearly put something about that in my post earlier...

I have seen somewhere...people ranting about doing him for treason

in the US then executing him

Jeeeeeeezus

And what the hell is going on with Sweden?

Assange in his interview described Sweden as the Georgia of (the West?)

not sure how he put it now will have to check

Don't know.....he has said that he has a 'poison pill' release for if he gets assassinated (or similar)

I think the nitty gritty UFO/ET stuff might be a higher classification than what WikiLeaks has

but who knows

if we are sat at our computers one day and they all explode....we will go

oh oh...looks like WikiLeaks just gave us proof of Exhibit A

B):o^_^

Hhaha I wouldn't be surprised if the comps exploding thing did happen if it was released. lol

This is an absolutely brilliant rant........

Sarah Palin & Bill O'Reilly says Execute Wikileaks

kudos to that man for.......sharing...lol

I don't know what the accent is..... :blink:

This is an absolutely brilliant rant........

Sarah Palin & Bill O'Reilly says Execute Wikileaks

kudos to that man for.......sharing...lol

I don't know what the accent is..... :blink:

HAHAHAHAHA! That made me laugh, he really got going there!

Accent is Irish and I'm guessing Canadian mixed. (the flag behind him gives me that idea)

HAHAHAHAHA! That made me laugh, he really got going there!

Accent is Irish and I'm guessing Canadian mixed. (the flag behind him gives me that idea)

It was a strange mixture....he's done some other rants? that I haven't looked at yet

:lol:

It was a strange mixture....he's done some other rants? that I haven't looked at yet

I'm a little disapointed. There at the end I was so hoping he was going to yell, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!". Ah well, life's just full of these little let downs.

He's from Newfoundland which is about 500 km from Ireland lot's of Irish immigrants there. I'm 3000 km from there and talk like I'm from Montana lol It was a good/funny rant though :lol:

My personal impression with this whole Wikileaks saga is that Assange is just a pawn, funded and manipulated by the same whisteblowers that are providing him with the info. Not that this is a bad thing and it's finally time that something, someone takes on these corrupt monopolies called Governments. Then again, what is the real purpose of these whisteblowers??

But as far as Assange goes, I wouldn't make him out to be some Robin Hood. Purely just a naive ex journalist with computer skills looking for some fame and fortune and, as a former hacker, was probably never aware of what he was getting himself into.

Julian Assange is playing you, his supporters, for fools. While I may despise this worthless peice of trash, I believe he's actually playing for the government team. Here's why. What better way for the government to get their "internet shutdown" button than to have a massive security leak all over the internet? All of Assanges supporters freak out and mass amounts of hackers attack sites, both public and government all over the world. The government then passes legislation to regulate, control, and monitor the internet. After all is said and done, the government gets more power, and Julian Assange suddenly is a free man who's laughing his way to the bank. Now, this scenario may sound a little paranoid and crazy to you, but it isn't any crazier than a bunch of neo hippie, ultra liberal, wannabe revolutionaries who worship a whiny hacker who tried to play with the big kids and got his own ass handed back to him for it.

Assange got his hands on some documents that showed how "the world's policeman" (and what an apt description that is!) is behaving in the name of its citizens. The reaction from corporates and governments has been depressing but unsurprising. Amazon, PayPal and MasterCard have cut off any way for Wikileaks to get money. Even the supposedly incorruptible and impartial Swiss have frozen his assets. Assange has been targeted by ludicrous rape charges by the Swedish government, which were on, then off, then on again. Apparently, the Library of Congress is now blocking Wikileaks. Anybody who ever wrote for Wikileaks has had their journalistic credentials revoked.

Needless to say, the British government and police are eager to do their bit to get this annoying man behind bars.

All this from making publicly available information that was already open to access by 2.5 million people, allegedly. Information that was not even classified as particularly sensitive. All it did was shine a bit of a light on what governments do in our name, in the hypocrisy of publicly telling us wars can be won while privately believing they cannot among other, more trivial things.

Depressingly but equally predictably, statists from all sides of the political spectrum have been casting aspersions on Assange and his motivations. To them, the fact that governments have been lying to us about their beliefs in dragging us into wars, using our money on things even they consider fruitless, isn't as important or worrying as the fact that someone exposed them.

It's very, very clear to me that Assange is being vigorously and thoroughly hung out to dry pour encourager les autres, to make sure that anyone who is thinking about rocking the boat of the state is thoroughly discouraged. It's a very depressing state of affairs that the first man to seriously constructively and effectively challenge the state's ethics via the internet is being so thoroughly slapped down.

The problem for the state is that you can't recan these worms. A small corner has been lifted. Some people have seen what is being done in their name and now have their doubts. I'm sure that the comprehensive attack on Assange will also inspire some people to become martyrs in order to continue the fight. And finally, Wikileaks as it stands, is fighting back with hundreds of mirrors around the globe. I don't think that states are actually going to be able to shut it down completely and this heavy-handed action will eventually raise more questions than the leaks themselves.

The only way for the state to survive at all is going to be to realise that they have to accept the transparency they seem to feel they are entitled to demand of us. With a bit of luck, this whole fiasco will be the start of a rebalancing of the relationship between the state and the individual.

I think it's too much to hope that it will be the start of the end of the state, though.

I'm a little disapointed. There at the end I was so hoping he was going to yell, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!". Ah well, life's just full of these little let downs.

Awwwwwwwwww bummer for you, eh

never mind

here's a shindig to perk you up as you get over the disappointment...

I'm liking your minimalist bad-bat posts........ :devil:

B):lol:

He's from Newfoundland which is about 500 km from Ireland lot's of Irish immigrants there. I'm 3000 km from there and talk like I'm from Montana lol It was a good/funny rant though :lol:

:tu:

:cat:

he was so right in what he said about it all, IMO.

it beggars belief that those public figures called for Assange's death on TV

it WAS evil and can't be taken back and Assange will never be safe in America

how crass

Here's another one of his.........

he's a gem that man

:yes:

Anyone notice that the raw cables haven't been updated since the 16th, but the Guardian and other organizations are still publishing new stories on them everyday? Has the regular press taken over completely now? Any one know anything about this?

http://213.251.145.96/cablegate.html

Anyone notice that the raw cables haven't been updated since the 16th, but the Guardian and other organizations are still publishing new stories on them everyday? Has the regular press taken over completely now? Any one know anything about this?

http://213.251.145.96/cablegate.html

The Guardian and other such outlets that you elude to that are sympathetic to Assange have been banned from American military personal and could be punished if caught reading them. What does that say.

The Guardian and other such outlets that you elude to that are sympathetic to Assange have been banned from American military personal and could be punished if caught reading them. What does that say.

Oh, I know that, and I'm glad that many organizations are doing this, as it ensures the info can never truly be removed. I was just wondering why the wikileaks site itself and its mirrors weren't getting updated.

Edited by Pinx