Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would it be acceptable?

Dr. D

And while i love croc dundee, having the box set and watching them every year, i dont have a lot in common with him, except the bushcraft and irresistable attraction to women. :devil:

I appreciate the humour. I make occasional mental comparisons my self. In appearance I bear a striking resemblance to both rolf harris and papa smurf. Once you have been teaching adolescents for a few years, you learn to accept and laugh with, the names kid's attribute to you.

Both the above have been regularly used, especially when i wore a beard for years, but my favourite,(apart from "mr walker" which adorns all my school "jumpers") naturally, is "the ninja" :innocent: Coz, apart from my other ninja skills, like knowing their presence when they try and sneak up on me, paralysing them with my finger tips (and being able to hit them with the pointy end of a biro from across the room every time,) the kids reckon i can walk through rain without getting wet, by anticipating, and dodging, the drops as they fall. :innocent:

I don't tell them its more a matter of just not being in the same place and time as the rain drops when i walk through them. :rofl:

Edited by Mr Walker

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• Sherapy

• Dr. D

• IamsSon

And while i love croc dundee, having the box set and watching them every year, i dont have a lot in common with him, except the bushcraft and irresistable attraction to women. :devil:

C'mon, admit it, you also have the hat! :rofl:

I hope you had a great Christmas, sir.

C'mon, admit it, you also have the hat! :rofl:

I hope you had a great Christmas, sir.

Quiet

Peaceful

Family

Just how i like it.

Hope you had a good one too.

I dont wear hats, except at school, where i have to.

Not only do i hate the feel of them, i have a big head (wait for another round of posts) At 26 inches around the crown, its very hard to find even akubra hats to fit. :innocent:

My wife has one just like dundees, but without the teeth.

(as it happens one of the toys in a christmas cracker was a tape measure)

We all masured our head's circumference at the widest point. Mine was 26 inches. My brother, who is a foot taller than me, measured 22" So did his two teenage girls, and my mother. His wife's was just over 20 inches. That was the first time i had measured it, and it explained the life long difficulty i have had finding a hat to fit. :devil:

Having piqued my interest i just googled this. The largest standard hat size available in america is just a trifle over 25 inches. No wonder i'm having problems finding a hat.

Ps the hat i wear at school, to be sun smart, is one of those straw, wide brimmed mexican hats . I can push it down over my head and the straw gives enough to fit. LOL

Edited by Mr Walker

Quiet

Peaceful

Family

Just how i like it.

Not only do i hate the feel of them, i have a big head (wait for another round of posts) At 26 inches around the crown, its very hard to find even akubra hats to fit. :innocent:

We all masured our head's circumference at the widest point. Mine was 26 inches. My brother, who is a foot taller than me, measured 22" So did his two teenage girls, and my mother. His wife's was just over 20 inches. That was the first time i had measured it, and it explained the life long difficulty i have had finding a hat to fit. :devil:

Having piqued my interest i just googled this. The largest standard hat size available in america is just a trifle over 25 inches. No wonder i'm having problems finding a hat.

Ps the hat i wear at school, to be sun smart, is one of those straw, wide brimmed mexican hats . I can push it down over my head and the straw gives enough to fit. LOL

You mean all those people saying you had a big head were . . . .

Quiet

Peaceful

Family

Just how i like it.

That's good to hear. Yes, we had a wonderful Christmas, especially more so because our two kids showed us an incredible degree of maturity and love.

I was going to say you had just provided some incredible ammunition, but it seems Dr. D. already fired the first volley! :lol:

You mean all those people saying you had a big head were . . . .

Absolutely correct.

As i noted; wait for the next round of posts.

As far as I can ascertain, there is only a small but significant statistical correlation between brain size and intelligence, (on average between .3 and .4) so i probably would have been a genius (and just as "unusual") even if my head was smaller. :devil:

As i noted, my brothers head is normal size and he is very intelligent and has got some of his own talents. He can watch tv, talk to a person, read a book; do all 3 very competently, and respond to questions on all 3, accurately . In other words he has learned to divide his mental process into at least 3 compartments, operating effectively independent of each other.

I guess its like a learned and conscious ability to create multiple personalities, where all 3 can operate together and remain connected.

The closest thing ive heard of to this is the learned ability to create a hiding place for an object in one half of your mind, then ask the other half to work out where it is. Some people can apparently so separate their mind that the second half doesnt know where the object is, and has to seek it out, as an independent mind would have to. Yet when the person "switches back" to the first half of their memory they know where it is.