Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Call For New Columnists

Saru

Ever thought about writing your own articles and having them published on a web site, or perhaps you've already written a number of articles in the past and are looking for somewhere new to feature them. Unexplained Mysteries is currently on the look out for new columnists - anyone who enjoys writing articles, putting their thoughts down on paper and who has an interest in the unexplained would be prime candidates for writing their own column on the site.

As a site columnist, you will have complete control of when and how often you decide to write and submit a new article. Articles can be submitted directly to your own site column, and will automatically update on the site.

To view examples of columns already hosted on the site, Click Here.

For full details on having your own site column, Click Here

Your column will essentially be your own part of Unexplained Mysteries, and your articles will appear in Google and the other search engines along with the rest of the site. It's an ideal oppertunity for budding writers to get their work published on-line and get noticed.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know. Thanks thumbsup.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Arsenik

• The Raven

• Wings of Selkhet

Will age be considered as a factor when considering new columnists?

No, the main thing i look at is an example of an article you've written, age doesn't really enter into it.

You'll need to e-mail me an example article along with the other details mentioned at the bottom of the 'Writing a Colum' page if you're interested in becoming a site columnist.

• 1 month later...

I am definatly interested in this -- getting stuff published on a website this popular! I know you said science, paranormal, ETC, for topics, but here is my question:

Are articles, such as on the topic of things found in magazines like Discover or Popular Science acceptable? I would love to write some stuff about technology, or about some new scientific or paranormal discovery. I love writing and would probably be able to submit once a week, when I have time. If these are acceptable, then I'm off to write an article and include it with the application. cat.gif

That sounds fine Raven, looking forward to reading it thumbsup.gif

Anson - an excellent piece of poetry there, however i'm really on the look out for articles/editorials rather than poems for site columns.

Feel free to post your poems in the Writers & Artists board though. thumbsup.gif

Saruman, I would be very interested actually in attempting a few editorials. Are there specific toics that need to be adressed?

• 3 weeks later...

I too am interested, and I second moe's questions. I also would like to know if there are any requirements; deadlines, article length, ect.

i'd like to, but i have very little time these days. having two poorly paying jobs is uncool. also, my writing is kind of limited in ways. there are only about 2 ways for me to write that come out goo, everything else, turns to @$$.

Saru, here is a small example of what I could do

Tainted Blood

Blood diseases, although completely natural, is one of the worlds largest health threats. This topic is not a trend that will pass as time goes by. I am pursuing this topic for my own health, as well as informing others about this issue. Being a teenager diagnosed with hypertension, I am part of a small, steadily expanding "group" of such unlucky teens. Thus, being doomed to a shorter than average lifespan. Having written this myself, I am aware of how fictional it may sound. Therefore, in my defense I share the following…

Are there specific toics that need to be adressed?

No, but topics relating to the paranormal and preferred, though not required.

I also would like to know if there are any requirements; deadlines, article length, ect.

No deadlines, but the article length should be at least 400 words.

Arsenik that sounds fine, i'll be happy to add any articles that you submit - same goes for everyone else really, all article contributions are very much appreciated.

What must one do to fulfill the duties of a columnist? Granted there's more to the job than research, writing, and editing.

What must one do to fulfill the duties of a columnist? Granted there's more to the job than research, writing, and editing.

300828[/snapback]

Writing articles is really all it involves, you can decide how often and on what subjects you write them. There's a submission system you can use to submit the articles to the site, which will automatically add them to the column sections.

Would that be located in Editorials up top?

No, i'll pass on to you the details of how to access the submission system once you have an article ready to submit. It's not available to the public.

thumbsup.gif Okay sounds groovy. I'll have it in by monday... computer permitting tongue.gif

Ok sure, looking forward to reading it thumbsup.gif

2 things saru

1)if you become a columnist, does your group status change at all.

2)Janiel and I have an idea that could be helpful. would you be interested in what we have to say?