Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
AROCES

Poll on GOP take over that has not happened

AROCES

Premature Emasculation

With Republicans still 20 days away from taking control of one chamber of Congress, the House of Representatives, the Washington Post could no longer resist delivering the polling news that Americans are not yet convinced the GOP is the party for them.

The bold headline: "Public is not yet sold on GOP"

Imagine, waiting for the 63 new House Republicans to actually take the oath on Jan. 4 and perhaps find their seats before polling on what dismal failures they are. With Democrats controlling merely the presidency and the Senate, the newly elected Republicans have yet to accomplish a single meaningful thing. And clearly the public knows it.

As a result, "just 41%" of those polled by the Post-ABC News survey regard the GOP takeover as a "good thing," 30% say it doesn't matter and 27% have already decided it's a "bad thing."

Next week's media poll: How pathetic the 2012 Republican presidential nominee already is.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/12/republican-house-takeover-new-hampshire.html

FlamingLiberal

Yeah, the author of this piece was press secretary to Laura Bush - hardly objective. Nothing to debate here.

Edited by FlamingLiberal

AROCES

Yeah, the author of this piece was press secretary to Laura Bush - hardly objective. Nothing to debate here.

You mean GOP has taken over the majority and the author is not telling the truth?:huh:

venqax

He worked for Laura Bush, so he is NEGATIVE about the GOP? Strange bias.

TFSM

He worked for Laura Bush, so he is NEGATIVE about the GOP? Strange bias.

Are you aware that husbands and wives, at times, differ in political opinions? Laura Bush is a social liberal. She's pro gay marriage, pro-choice, etc.

venqax

Are you aware that husbands and wives, at times, differ in political opinions? Laura Bush is a social liberal. She's pro gay marriage, pro-choice, etc.

And so is Flaming Liberal. Laura is also a R. So I don't see the basis for this pariticular skepticism. The points made were purely partisan it the literal sense, after all.

regeneratia

I knew I liked her, far more than the thoughtless clown she married.

regeneratia

Premature Emasculation

With Republicans still 20 days away from taking control of one chamber of Congress, the House of Representatives, the Washington Post could no longer resist delivering the polling news that Americans are not yet convinced the GOP is the party for them.

The bold headline: "Public is not yet sold on GOP"

Imagine, waiting for the 63 new House Republicans to actually take the oath on Jan. 4 and perhaps find their seats before polling on what dismal failures they are. With Democrats controlling merely the presidency and the Senate, the newly elected Republicans have yet to accomplish a single meaningful thing. And clearly the public knows it.

As a result, "just 41%" of those polled by the Post-ABC News survey regard the GOP takeover as a "good thing," 30% say it doesn't matter and 27% have already decided it's a "bad thing."

Next week's media poll: How pathetic the 2012 Republican presidential nominee already is.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/12/republican-house-takeover-new-hampshire.html

I am so disgusted with the GOP in this state that I think I will move out of this state. It would be extremely easy, easy, easy to do.

venqax

I am so disgusted with the GOP in this state that I think I will move out of this state. It would be extremely easy, easy, easy to do.

Oh no....what state are you thinking of...?