Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Euro must die

UM-Bot

Phillip Tilley: In August of 2008 I wrote the article in this column titled “2012 and the Economy”. I explained why the currency we use today, the Federal Reserve Note dollar, may come to an end at the end of 2012. A new currency would have to emerge to replace the old one. If that were to happen today, the world would switch from Federal Reserve Note dollars, the current world reserve currency, to the Euro. So between now and the end of 2012 the Euro must die!

Some of you might think that is impossible while others will say it is already happening, and it is already happening. Remember, twenty years ago nobody thought the Europeans could put aside their differences to have a common currency, but the impossible happened.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oen Anderson

• Trog

• BizKey

• Big Bad Voodoo

The Euro is on its death bed and it's only a matter of time before countries which have foolishly adopted it drop out of it and take back their traditional currencies. The British, Swedes, Danes and the others who rejected joining the Euro have all done the right thing, as recent events prove.

What's interesting is that all the countries which have adopted the Euro did not consult their people before hand to let them decide whether or not to join the single currency. The reason for that is because the people would most likely say "NO!"

Funnily enough, only two countries in the EU had referenda on joining the Euro. And they were Sweden and Denmark, and in both nations the people voted AGAINST joining the Euro.

Edited by Blackwhite

I believe the world needs a new single currency , every denomination of currency now in use world wide should be obliterated completely and replaced with a new single world currency , the reason for such a change is to flush out all the hidden money world wide .

I still don't understand how or what caused the 2008 stock market crash , but we all know that billions of dollars just disappeared right before our eyes .... Money doesn't vanish into thin air , it all goes some where , and if those billions of dollars ended up in some ones bank account , then it needs to be found and questions asked .

And then there's the question of all the illegal money such as drug money and cyber crime money waiting to be laundered , and lets not kid ourselves that there is no counterfeit money in circulation , this illegal money has to be flushed out and confiscated .

I believe there has to be a much tighter control on money , all money , world wide , and I also believe that some people have become so sophisticated in their ability at handling money that they can manipulate money markets to their own advantage , this practice must be outlawed .

And we've all heard about the billions of dollars sitting in the vaults under the airport at Zurich and likewise at the Vatican , which would be mostly gold bullion , this sort of hoarding is not good for any economy and so the bullion must be confiscated and used to set up and print the new currency .

I do realise that this can't happen with out putting a lot of present day governments noses out of joint so to counteract that , the two strongest nations in the world must unite to oversee a smooth transition ..... But that's only what I'd do if I was in charge .

I believe the world needs a new single currency , every denomination of currency now in use world wide should be obliterated completely and replaced with a new single world currency , the reason for such a change is to flush out all the hidden money world wide .

I still don't understand how or what caused the 2008 stock market crash , but we all know that billions of dollars just disappeared right before our eyes .... Money doesn't vanish into thin air , it all goes some where , and if those billions of dollars ended up in some ones bank account , then it needs to be found and questions asked .

And then there's the question of all the illegal money such as drug money and cyber crime money waiting to be laundered , and lets not kid ourselves that there is no counterfeit money in circulation , this illegal money has to be flushed out and confiscated .

I believe there has to be a much tighter control on money , all money , world wide , and I also believe that some people have become so sophisticated in their ability at handling money that they can manipulate money markets to their own advantage , this practice must be outlawed .

And we've all heard about the billions of dollars sitting in the vaults under the airport at Zurich and likewise at the Vatican , which would be mostly gold bullion , this sort of hoarding is not good for any economy and so the bullion must be confiscated and used to set up and print the new currency .

I do realise that this can't happen with out putting a lot of present day governments noses out of joint so to counteract that , the two strongest nations in the world must unite to oversee a smooth transition ..... But that's only what I'd do if I was in charge .

I'm curious, which two nations do you consider to be the strongest?

Hey Oen. Thanks for reading my post , I was expecting a reply , but not the one that you came up with . . . . If I answered that question it would start a 'Bun Fight” to end all bun fights , so I'll leave it up to each members imagination . Cheers .

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am delighteed we in Britain gave the Euro the proudly extended middle finger it deserves, as we watch the junk currency crumble.

~~~ ... (snip) ...

... the 2008 stock market crash , but we all know that billions of dollars just disappeared right before our eyes .... Money doesn't vanish into thin air , it all goes some where , ...

In one way you are right, and in another way you are mistaken Trog.

"Money" can and often does disappear. For instance, in the case of a stock market crash, someone pays say $1,000 per share in real money from their bank account to buy let's say one million shares; that cost the buyer $1,000,000,000 (one billion dollars) in real money. Then the share market collapses, and the shares drop in value to say one dollar per share ... dramatic yes, but can happen. Our hypothetical buyer now sells the shares and receive back $1,000,000 ... to him that's a loss of $999,000,000 in real money. And yes -- to him that real money just disappeared right before his eyes, into thin air. Nobody else gained his lost money; it just ceased to exist.

It's similar to you buying something for $1,000 and for some reason having to sell it for virtually nothing ... your loss is your loss, nobody gained the money you lost in the sale.

Regards,

Karlis.

Edited by Karlis

In one way you are right, and in another way you are mistaken Trog.

"Money" can and often does disappear. For instance, in the case of a stock market crash, someone pays say $1,000 per share in real money from their bank account to buy let's say one million shares; that cost the buyer $1,000,000,000 (one billion dollars) in real money. Then the share market collapses, and the shares drop in value to say one dollar per share ... dramatic yes, but can happen. Our hypothetical buyer now sells the shares and receive back $1,000,000 ... to him that's a loss of $999,000,000 in real money. And yes -- to him that real money just disappeared right before his eyes, into thin air. Nobody else gained his lost money; it just ceased to exist.

It's similar to you buying something for $1,000 and for some reason having to sell it for virtually nothing ... your loss is your loss, nobody gained the money you lost in the sale.

Regards,

Karlis.

When stock is purchased from a company the funds from that purchase go to the company to operate and expand the business. This gives them the funds without having to borrow it from a bank which would cost them in interest payments and they give a share in the company as collateral to the person who bought the stock. If the company does well a dividend will be paid to the stockholders. Also the price of the stock may fluctuate due to demand for that particular stock. If the value of the stock falls, the person that bought the stock loses their investment. But the company already got the money and it is not lost, it was consumed by the business. If the business squandered the investment on huge executive bonuses, bribes to foreign countries so they can do business there, payoffs to politicians etc... the money was wasted but it didn't disappear. Money, true money, is like energy, it is never lost or gained, it only changes form. Here in the U.S. we don't use real money anymore though, we use Federal Reserve Note debt currency, which in and of itself is worthless. Nothing ventured nothing gained, nothing lost!

• 1 year later...

Indeed considering the euro crisis that we have seen lately the euro is on its death bed.From Greece crisis to "occupy" protests a lot is left desirer-able.

Indeed considering the euro crisis that we have seen lately the euro is on its death bed.From Greece crisis to "occupy" protests a lot is left desirer-able.

It never ceases to amaze me how Tilley can see what is going to happen next before the rest of us do. It's one of the things that keeps me watching for what he will say next.

--------------------------

They will get over it!

business tips