Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women with “seditious” eyes

Persia

told you saudia arabia is not the best example of islam

saudia arabia is total corrupt i really don't care about them

they can go to hell with their rulez and laws

a country should not be ruled by religion laws

due to the various of religions that might be in that country

that's why am happy about syria's republic laws and thank god it's

not islamic laws

don't get me wrong i am muslim but i hate enforcing

and by enforcing the laws on people they disrespect allah's own

words which i mentioned earlier which says

" لا اكراه في الدين "

it's part of quran which translate

" there's no forcing in religion " islam "

so they're as hippocrates as they can get i don't take them

as example of muslims they're only doing this to hold on to their

power chairs and to keep them self higher than rest of people by claiming

they're something big and making islam laws bla bla bla

i have no respect for the country of saudia arabia really

neither for their mistake of enforcing islamic laws on all people

which are the very laws are optional in islam

for example in islam requires hair cover .. but if a woman does not wear \

it .. she's still muslim .. but she's free after all

in islam requires hair cover but not a full face cover with black robe

ect ect

it's really stupid and major misunderstanding of islam eiather intentionally

or unintentionaly

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight Of Shadows

• minera

• Yofa

• lkw

Im a Saudi woman,

please respect our country because you really dont know anything but the things that you read and see from the TV because Im sure every wise person know that you shouldn't believe these things.

those religious group are just that, a group that is not all Saudi men are like, most of us disagree with them including me

but some of them actually helped people in a good way.

and really we dont want your pity,

i live a happy life, not a hard struggling life with men controlling me, despite what most people think.

everyone have their own opinions, and has the right to express it, but you could express it in a respectful way.

everyone have their own opinions, and has the right to express it, but you could express it in a respectful way.

I appreciate your comments Yofa.

And totally agree.

Im a Saudi woman,

please respect our country because you really dont know anything but the things that you read and see from the TV because Im sure every wise person know that you shouldn't believe these things.

those religious group are just that, a group that is not all Saudi men are like, most of us disagree with them including me

but some of them actually helped people in a good way.

and really we dont want your pity,

i live a happy life, not a hard struggling life with men controlling me, despite what most people think.

hello there .. i just wanted to clear that we're criticizing the ruling

family in saudia and the goverement .. not the people of saudia

am sorry but i think a country should not be ruled by religion

however .. nice to meet you

Minera has it right. It the culture in some islamic countries that oppreses women and not necesarily the religion. I said it before and say it again, Islam is corrupted by tribal cultures and shovinism. Neither one has much to do with Islam but became unfortunately the biggest part of it.

In bosnia we say:For any time a man hits his wife there is another man who would holed her gently in his arms. For any time a man make his wife cry there is another man who would love to steel a smile from her.

This is a warning from fathers to sons to treat their wifes nice.

Edited by odas

If you mean me by that then you are at the wrong adress. I am a proud muslim but do not like when my religion is being highjacked by bearded stonage unaducated iliterate morons. Problem with my opinion?

i second that

islam always encourage moving on with times

and keeping up with knowledge and open mind for changes .. if they're good

always adjust for the better and use your brain that you were given

before acting

yet you see people still holding on to middle ages traditions

instead of moving on with time for the better

and you gotta see that moving on with time

could harm those whom in power now .. so that's why they hate that

change .. not coz of islam

but they're using it as excuse

I understand and agree. Hopefully one day we will be again the enwey of the world for knowledge, peace, tolerance.. Unfortunately we are judgde by the actions of a few while the same does not apply for the other side. Inshallah, Inshallah.

a friend of mine would always say, "you can't legislate morality; it's up to the individual." there are immoral people in all religions & very moral people with no religion. it's all about respect for your fellow human beings. you know, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

if the saudi people don't like their laws, they will eventually rise up & overthrow their oppressors. it is not my place to judge or impose my moral standard on any other fellow human being, especially when i am not a member of their society.

how arrogant & self-centered do you have to be to think your way is right & all others are wrong? respect your fellow man, do what is right by your heart. how hard is that? life would be so much simpler & easier if we all practiced a little more tolerance for views that we don't share.

by the way nothing of what you said about arabs or muslims view

women as sex hungry monsters is true

I do not think anyone (or very few) in Western cultures think the Islamic code defines women as "sex-hungry monsters", but this code does suggest that men cannot be relied upon to control themselves if they see a beautiful woman, so perhaps it is the men who, in Islam, are the "sex-hungry monsters"?

If the issue with women having to cover themselves in public is down to the reaction of men when they see those women, why put the blame on the women and ask them to change who they are to compensate? Why not ask all the Islamic men to wear blindfolds when in public? That would resolve this issue without putting the blame on innocent women.

Edited by Leonardo

a friend of mine would always say, "you can't legislate morality; it's up to the individual." there are immoral people in all religions & very moral people with no religion. it's all about respect for your fellow human beings. you know, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

if the saudi people don't like their laws, they will eventually rise up & overthrow their oppressors. it is not my place to judge or impose my moral standard on any other fellow human being, especially when i am not a member of their society.

how arrogant & self-centered do you have to be to think your way is right & all others are wrong? respect your fellow man, do what is right by your heart. how hard is that? life would be so much simpler & easier if we all practiced a little more tolerance for views that we don't share.

I half agree with that but find it hard to show tolerance for a society where people are tortured to death by stoning...no matter what the offence.Whether women cover themselves or not is mild in comparison,it's the extremes of their religion I find offensive.

If Western countries still practised witch burning and hanging,drawing, and quartering I wouldn't respect their views either.

Someone said earlier you shouldn't judge a religion as a whole on the behaviour of a small minority.That was often the situation with the religions of Northern Ireland when it was just a small number of maniacs that committed atrocities.

I see nothing wrong with looking down on and commenting on violence instigated by the extreme minority in any religion.

Showing disrespect for other peoples beliefs and traditions is another matter.Although I may find certain aspects of their way of life disgusting. Not just the human aspects, but bullfighting and animal cruelty for example..

I loved this post. Welcome to UM!

dear Leonardo

before digging in the dust and cut and past of the post what you like

and turn blind eye to the rest

did you even read whom that post was directed ?

it was replied to this post

i suggest looking into the post and line that my post was directed to

before starting to jump on me like am the reason of the problem

am not making those laws neither i have compassion for these laws

they're not even islamic laws .. they're got off the islam point

way off

my post was reply to this post

Actually I have to agree with wickian. They do think women are second class accordng to their behavior. They think women are all hungry for sex and men and have to be kept in line or they might jump at the next male or entice and cast spells on them or something with their eyes. Ladylike behavior and modesty should not be legistlated. However the men should also be able to control their animal insticts which it seems they cannot so the women have to be hidden away from them. It is obwioius they know nothing of how men should behave towards women not like some lavicious animals. After all if women were not created there would be no men. They should respect those who give life not treat them like animals or second class citizens. In a way its good that the women hide themselves from those animalistic males who are so weak that they cannot even resist looking into the eyes of the women. Since the eyes are the window to the soul maybe they just don't like what they see.

I loved this post. Welcome to UM!

i have been lurking around for a couple of years, but this topic & its responses finally touched a nerve. i don't know who to attribute this quote to, but i think it is most appropriate for my post: "if there's one thing i can't stand, it's intolerance. i hate that crap."

thanks for the welcome to UM. much appreciated.

dear Leonardo

before digging in the dust and cut and past of the post what you like

and turn blind eye to the rest

did you even read whom that post was directed ?

it was replied to this post

i suggest looking into the post and line that my post was directed to

before starting to jump on me like am the reason of the problem

am not making those laws neither i have compassion for these laws

they're not even islamic laws .. they're got off the islam point

way off

my post was reply to this post

I appreciate that you replied to a specific accusation, and my post was not meant to be a criticism of the poistion that you, or Odas, holds - which is a moderate and modern interpretation of the Qu'ran.

The fact is, the strict interpretations exhibited by countries such as Saudia Arabia, etc, are justifiable according to the Qu'ran also. This is one of the issues when 'revealed divine wisdom' is interpreted, different people will read different interpretations, and all of these, if justifiable from the scripture, are 'right'. Islam suffers from this, as does Christianity and Judaism.

My post was directed at those who make this strict interpretation that appears to blame(?) women for the weaknesses of men. In such societies, blindfolding the men so they could not see the beauty of the women would seem to be addressing the actual issue, rather than apportioning the blame to the innocent party.

in times of prophet mohammad " example of islam "

women used to lead armies

but now people in power misuse islam for certain goals and desires

and the fact is if the real islam is applied .. they'll lose their power

money , advantages over people

they try hard to keep people uneducated and ignorant to this

under the cover of islam

they keep coming out with things of their own

like i mentioned above women used to lead armies on time of prophet mohammad

.. of course they didn't do that

wrapped like a worm in black clothes and hidden their face

actually forcing islamic rulez over people is not part of islam

even if a muslim girl didn't want to wear hair cover

she can do what she wants .. god judge her .. not people

and after all .. these people who make those rulez

are the worst .. they fly outside to do whatever they wish

it's hypocrisy

Disrespectful!disgust.gif

Seditious

http://thesaurus.com/browse/seditious

Main Entry:seditiousPart of Speech:adjectiveDefinition:rebelliousSynonyms:anarchistic, bellicose, defiant, disloyal,disobedient, disorderly, dissident, factious,iconoclastic, insurgent, insurrectionary, mutinous,radical, rebel, resistant, revolutionary, riotous,subversive, treasonable, warring

To imply someone's eyes are Seditious, Is rude considering for 1 their faces are covered and No one can see their face to make an impression to make such a judgment.

To be forced to cover ones eyes is in-humane and for others to enforce it, to me It seems like a giant sized insecurity!

Edited by xCrimsonx

this is an innocent question, so please excuse my ignorance & take no offense: do Muslims share the same view of the creation of Man as Christians & Jews, you know Adam & Eve, Garden of Eden & such? i know Christians put alot of blame of women for the Original Sin & that basically our separation from God is due to Eve tempting Adam after being deceived by the serpent. some of the varying Christian denominations, in my opinion, use this as the basis for placing women in subservient roles to men. maybe some of the different divisions of Islam feel the same way - that women are born-temptresses & men should protect themselves from this.

i don't share this same view as many fellow Christians. nobody, male or female, can lead me into sin if I wasn't willing to go there in the first place. & believe me, i have willingly dived into it many times, head-first. like i said, I don't share this opinion, but i can see how the Bible can be interpreted that way. there is only one Judge, so i'll let Him take care of that when He see fit.

there's no offense in your question at all Lkw

truth is we do share with other religions adam and eve story

and eve tempting adam to eat from the tree god forbidden him from

But that's not the reason why women are the way they are now

they're not temptresses in nature and all that

we men can also blame adam for eating from that tree ? lol

but thing is cultures are different from the west

and some countries like saudia arabia misuse islam make a whole new laws

a muslim girl should only cover her hair .. not whole face

even if she didn't want to do that .. she's still muslim

no one should force her

every culture also has problems with the perversion of God's word & the forcing of one set of beliefs over another. i don't understand why men feel like religion has to be protected with man's law. God is perfectly capable of enforcing His laws w/o help from mankind. He may not do it in our preferred time frame, but we are an impatient lot to begin with.

I often wonder how God can love us when we can't even treat our fellow man half-decent most of the time.

put religion all aside

there's logic sense and mind that we need to use before action

if we don't use our brain then we are no better than animals

forcing something over another person is not acceptable

i agree, Knight. i'm sure that the religious leaders who implemented this ruling think they are doing what's best for their society. does it make sense to me? no, but i have not lived their life, nor know their customs. when the people feel the guiding hand is getting too heavy, they will change things from within - where all good change begins.

nope

religious leaders .. like saudia for example

do what they do for the fear they would fear their power

not coz they think they're doing the best

it's like these laws they enforce applies on the weak and poor

they claim they're doing it under the cover of islam

while at the dawn of islam when the prophet was alive yet

he didn't enforce such laws

the time has changed .. they need to change too