Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Vast Snooping of American Citizens

THE MATRIX

My link 1

Nine years after the terrorist attacks of 2001, the United States is assembling a vast domestic intelligence apparatus to collect information about Americans, using the FBI, local police, state homeland security offices and military criminal investigators.

The system, by far the largest and most technologically sophisticated in the nation's history, collects, stores and analyzes information about thousands of U.S. citizens and residents, many of whom have not been accused of any wrongdoing.

The government's goal is to have every state and local law enforcement agency in the country feed information to Washington to buttress the work of the FBI, which is in charge of terrorism investigations in the United States.

Other democracies - Britain and Israel, to name two - are well acquainted with such domestic security measures. But for the United States, the sum of these new activities represents a new level of governmental scrutiny.

My link 2

The surveillance state is real, Big Brother is watching more than ever and it feels like the J. Edgar Hoover era may be returning.

Our government is spying on local citizens at unprecedented levels and using a vast network of law enforcement agencies, reports the Washington Post this morning in a lengthy and impressive investigative piece on "Top Secret America."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• danielost

• THE MATRIX

• psychoticmike

Top Posters In This Topic

I really bites how politicians talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Obama Administration Quietly Expands Bush's Legal Defense of Warrantless Wiretapping

In a legal filing on Friday, Obama lawyers claimed the government is shielded from lawsuits by a 'sovereign immunity' clause in the Patriot Act.

In a stunning defense of President George W. Bush's warrantless wiretapping program, President Barack Obama has broadened the government's legal argument for immunizing his Administration and government agencies from lawsuits surrounding the National Security Agency's eavesdropping efforts.

In fact, a close read of a government filing last Friday reveals that the Obama Administration has gone beyond any previous legal claims put forth by former President Bush

cont...

http://www.alternet.org/rights/135605/obama_administration_quietly_expands_bush's_legal_defense_of_warrantless_wiretapping/

Obama Administration Quietly Expands Bush's Legal Defense of Warrantless Wiretapping

In a legal filing on Friday, Obama lawyers claimed the government is shielded from lawsuits by a 'sovereign immunity' clause in the Patriot Act.

In a stunning defense of President George W. Bush's warrantless wiretapping program, President Barack Obama has broadened the government's legal argument for immunizing his Administration and government agencies from lawsuits surrounding the National Security Agency's eavesdropping efforts.

In fact, a close read of a government filing last Friday reveals that the Obama Administration has gone beyond any previous legal claims put forth by former President Bush

cont...

http://www.alternet.org/rights/135605/obama_administration_quietly_expands_bush's_legal_defense_of_warrantless_wiretapping/

Funny how Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers went on deaf ears when Bush was illegally spying on Americans but with Obama here comes the outrage. :rolleyes:

cont...

the patriot act is unconstitutional. we need to take it to the supreme court and get them to rule it as such.

besides you guys like big brother getting bigger.

Ah, never mind.

Edited by Agent X

Sigh. I hereby rename this forum the Trash, Bash and Thrash Conservatives forum rather than the Usa politics program.

Because EVERYTHING BAD IS THE REPYBLICANS' FAULT!

Yeah baybee.

you noticed that too.

Funny how Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers went on deaf ears when Bush was illegally spying on Americans but with Obama here comes the outrage. :rolleyes:

The don't know what political party I am or how much I complained about the Patriot Act. Oh, that's right, anyone that doesn't agree with you is automatically "the enemy". I could say the same thing about you...where is your outrage now at Obama for expanding on the Patriot Act? At this point nothing can be done about Bush, but you are going to sit back and let Obama get away with anything without peep.

You are a little Democrat Aroces aren't you?

Edited by Michelle

The don't know what political party I am or how much I complained about the Patriot Act. Oh, that's right, anyone that doesn't agree with you is automatically "the enemy". I could say the same thing about you...where is your outrage now at Obama for expanding on the Patriot Act? At this point nothing can be done about Bush, but you are going to sit back and let Obama get away with anything without peep.

You are a little Democrat Aroces aren't you?

Oops, that should have read "you don't know" instead of "the don't know".