Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO tourism irks French villagers

Persia

French village threatens to call in army amid flood of doomsday survivalists

Visitors apparently believe it'll be a sanctuary if world ends in 2012

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40773154/ns/world_news-weird_news/

UFO seekers flock to French village, locals not amused

http://www.sify.com/news/ufo-seekers-flock-to-french-village-locals-not-amused-news-international-kmwokhdgiic.html

Mayor of French village threatens to call in army to deal with influx of UFO hunters who believe nearby mountain is 'alien garage'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340788/French-village-mayor-threatens-army-deal-influx-UFO-hunters.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• The Big Boss

• Timothy

• Prab

"Many come and pray on the mountainside. I've even seen one man doing some ritual totally nude up there," Mayor Delord said.

I am sure that was the Mayor only, and in this case I am just kidding.

Bye guys I have to reach there fast....

LOL ! Just kidding.

Someone had an idea.....and it backfired.

You think they would be loving the boost to the economy of their town...

A two population of 200, would mean that 50 extra people would be putting a stress on the existing utilities. A thousand or more would be totally beyond what the town could cope with. They probably have a single copper with a large dog for their police force, and he moonlights as the town postman because it's such a hectic life being a copper in a town that size.

Historically the town has been known for ever, Mount Bugarach is visible from "Rennes le Chateau" of many people's fame. It's also known as the land of faeries and other mythical creatures. The Cathars were hiding during the Albigensian crusade (also the word crusade didn't come to use until the 16th century). So IMHO, if the mayor doesn't want anyone in town, it's simply to keep some story secret. Just a reminder, Georges Pompidou, Charles De Gaulle and Francois Mitterand who were all 3 French presidents went to Bugarach during their presidencies.

Historically the town has been known for ever, Mount Bugarach is visible from "Rennes le Chateau" of many people's fame. It's also known as the land of faeries and other mythical creatures. The Cathars were hiding during the Albigensian crusade (also the word crusade didn't come to use until the 16th century). So IMHO, if the mayor doesn't want anyone in town, it's simply to keep some story secret. Just a reminder, Georges Pompidou, Charles De Gaulle and Francois Mitterand who were all 3 French presidents went to Bugarach during their presidencies.

Did you ever think they might go there just to get away from everything for awhile? It is a very picturesque and quiet area and they just might like a little peace and quiet.

Did you ever think they might go there just to get away from everything for awhile? It is a very picturesque and quiet area and they just might like a little peace and quiet.

I can it be quiet if it has been invaded by UFOlogists. As far as quiet place, there are plenty of other places in France who would provide quiet time. May I suggest the "Parc de la Vanoise" in the Alps? In the winter it's beautiful.

http://www.linternaute.com/sortir/parc-naturel/parc-naturel-national/vanoise/diaporama/1.shtml

I'm not sure most of people could come out of it in the winter ... but I call it Darwinism. :innocent:

Edited by Paracelse

I sure hope that Mount Bugarach isn't the only place we can go when the world starts falling apart!!!

Anyone else get suspicious the moment the word 'sacred' was used?

cmpshn81 called the places where we could go to hide or be 'air-lifted' to safety as sacred mountains and this story about the French village also uses it...

Why would you use the term 'sacred'?

IF you met aliens and they told you that there would be certain locations where they will pick up humans to take away from Earth I highly doubt they would use the term 'sacred'....

:alien:"Go to the 'Sacred' LZ at 1300 hours!"

Edited by Paxus