Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Anger gene' discovered

Still Waters

A "red mist" gene that could be responsible for ordinarily peaceful people becoming violent and aggressive while drunk has been identified by scientists.

The team of researchers have found a genetic mutation in the brain that may contribute to violently impulsive behaviour under the influence of alcohol.

The researchers sequenced the DNA of a number of impulsive volunteers and compared those sequences with DNA from an equal number of non-impulsive people.

They found that a single DNA change that blocks a gene known as HTR2B was predictive of highly impulsive behaviour.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prab

• _Spawn_

• Still Waters

• the1truebat

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice article !!

This discovery could certainly lead to curing many mental problems related to aggression.

I think future is near when everyone could me made peaceful just by using some kind of medicine or vaccine.

I think future is near when everyone could me made peaceful just by using some kind of medicine or vaccine.

Artificial happiness huh? I'd prefer being angry all the time over being drugged to be happy.

Nice article !!

This discovery could certainly lead to curing many mental problems related to aggression.

Isn't that how they made the Reavers in Serenity?

Edited by the1truebat

Artificial happiness huh? I'd prefer being angry all the time over being drugged to be happy.

You can't be angry if you are drugged to be happy !

LOL

And if they could find the alcoholic gene, this could go a long way in reducing all kinds of problems within society. Go the scientists.

Maybe this will lead us one step closer to being able to help people like my husband who suffer from IED (intermittent explosive disorder) and similar disorders.