Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Argentine Air Force announces committee

karl 12

After all the unexplained Argentinian UFO activity over the years, the Argentine Air Force have announced a committee to study the subject - let's hope it attempts to be more objective than its U.S. equivalent, the Condon committee.

The Air Force of Argentina on Dec. 23, 2010 formally announced the formation of a committee to study the UFO phenomenon.

The Argentinean Air Force’s action to form a UFO investigation unit was confirmed by Sylvia Perez Simondini of the CEFORA (Argentinean Republic Committee for UFO Phenomena Studies), "an organization formed by various UFOlogy groups in Argentina. The main purpose is the declassification of all related UFO phenomena in Argentina. It was formed by serious Argentinean UFOlogists in Victoria, Entre Rios during a conference.”

In a public statement, Ms. Perez Simondini says,

"The Argentinean Air Force has just announced the formation of a commission to investigate the UFO phenomenon.

"The Director of Institutional Relations of the Argentinean Air Force confirmed on Telefe Newscast that it has recorded two UFO sightings it cannot account for by normal explanations. The Argentinean Air Force further stated that the mission of the Air Force is to guard the security of Argentinean air space.

"This is a message that all UFO researchers hoped for, filling us with satisfaction to hear that this will occur.

"In our last congress, especially in the Uruguay, which was conducted fairly by the Uruguayan Air Force, at that time, I received greetings from Commodore Robert Muller, Head of the Unit II Air Brigade Paraná, from Colonel Ariel Rios Sanchez, Head of Ricardo Bermúdez CRIDOVNI of CEFAA, the sister republic of Chile, from Ademar Gevaerd Director of the Brazilian UFO Magazine, who is the coordinator of the declassification of UFO phenomenon in Brazil, in order to urge the Air Force of Argentina toward a common goal of UFO disclosure.

link

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karl 12

• Mekorig

• 27vet

• booNyzarC

Statements:

"UFOs are real. I myself had an experience of this sort in 1951. It was a yellowish-silver disk with deep red edges, moving at high speed at an altitude of some 500 meters..."

Vicecommodore Oscar Bario. Argentinian Defense.

"At this state of events, and with the evidence available to us, it is hard to deny the existence of flying saucers."

Vicecommodore Dante La Roca. Argentinian Defense.

"I believe in the so-called flying saucer, and it is my understanding that the Air Force will pursue studies on this subject."

Commander Adolfo Alvarez, 1968. Argentinian Defense.

Link

Declarations:

The Seven Official declarations made by the Argentinian Government

Argentinian Military/Government communique:

1962: At 19:20 hrs on May 22, a squadron of fighters in the vicinity of Bahía Blanca's Comandante Espora Naval Base, reports the presence of UFOs along its flight path. The interception lasted 35 minutes. Direct eyewitnesses to this incident were Lt. Rodolfo César Galdós and his student, Roberto Wilkinson. Report No. 02779 causes the first official acknowledgment by an Argentinean government.

1965: Between the months of June and July, a succession of UFO incidents occur in the Antarctic region, some of them producing electromagnetic disturbances, and witnessed by personnel from the British, Chilean and Argentine bases. A phenomenon on July 3rd at the Deception Island Naval Station generates the second official acknowledgment.

1973: On November 2nd, six members of the Comandante Espora Naval Air Base, close to Bahía Blanca, witness the maneuvers of a UFO, immediately producing the third official acknowledgment.

1978: On the evening of February 4 at the La Florida dam in San Luis, six persons report the presence of a UFO and the descent of an occupant from within, leaving ground marks. The Police Precinct of San Luis, through its chief, Lt.Col. Raul Benjamín López, issues a document which constitutes the fourth official acknowledgment.

1978: Toward midnight on July 12, a low-level UFO sighting causes a commotion in the Estación Ramblón region, located between the limits of San Juan and Mendoza. It was witnessed by police officers among many others. The San Juan chief of police, Col. Guillermo Voguel, prepares the fifth official acknowledgment.

1982: In the evening of August 13, a UFO causes a disturbance in the town of Londres, Catamarca, and its flyover produces strong winds and starts a conflagration. A police patrolman attests to the intruder's presence. The provincial police emits the sixth official acknowledgment.

1986: The appearance of a nocturnal UFO and the subsequent discovery of a gigantic indentation on El Pajarillo hill, Córdoba, on January 9th, prompt this city's municipal authorities to issue the seventh and final official acknowledgment.

]Argentinean Military's Role in UFO Research

Edited by karl 12

After all the unexplained Argentinian UFO activity over the years, the Argentine Air Force have announced a committee to study the subject - let's hope it attempts to be more objective than its U.S. equivalent, the Condon committee.

Nice find, Karl12! :tu:

Over the years, more and more countries and government officials have come out into the open on the UFO enigma and I expect the trend to not only continue, but to grow as well.

SkyEagle, thanks for the reply buddy and hope you´re right about that - there was also this article from MUFON´s Ken Pfeifer dealing with CEFORA´s declassification request and a nice newspaper article about it - it seems there´s been a lot of unexplained Argentinian UFO incident over the years.

Argentinean authorities:

2cf987b32f5f.jpg

On Thursday, May 13, 2010, Argentinean President Cristina Fernandez opened the bicentennial festivities in the city of Victoria. Researcher Silvia Perez Simondini took advantage of this opportunity to present the first executive with an envelope containing CEFORA documentation regarding UFO declassification efforts in other countries, as well as the list of researchers struggling for the declassification of the UFO archives.The President approached Ms. Simondini, who asked her to please read the contents of the envelope, which she promised to do.

Two days later, during communications with Casa Rosada, it was confirmed that this documentation had been read and a promise of a reply was also confirmed. This is the first formal contact with Argentinean authorities regarding a request for declassification, in the hope that the desired goal can be achieved. Posted by Inexplicata.

Thanks to Ken Pfeifer MUFON New Jersey

link

Article:

86002790ef38.jpg

Cheers.

More info below about the 1965 official report and MUFON sightings map:

Argentine Navy.

In the 1960s, the Argentine Navy was charged with the official investigation of UFO sightings, particularly those reported by its own personnel. A 1965 "Official UFO Report" prepared by Captain Sánchez Moreno from the Naval Air Station Comandante Espora in Bahía Blanca, revealed that:

"Between 1950 and 1965, personnel of Argentina's Navy alone made 22 sightings of unidentified flying objects that were not airplanes, satellites, weather balloons or any type of known (aerial) vehicles. These 22 cases served as precedents for intensifying that investigation of the subject by the Navy. In the past two years, nine incidents have been recorded that are being studied by Captain Pagani and a team of military and civilian scientists and collaborators. Likewise, a meticulous questionnaire was drafted, printed and distributed to different bases. In a short time, the Service of Naval Intelligence was in possession of a stack of highly significant reports of testimonies. On the basis of this important documentation, it was possible to obtain a coherent overview of the problem." (Captain Sánchez Moreno, Informe Oficial O.V.N.I., Sumario S# A. 02778-DTO. OVNI, Naval Air Station Comandante Espora, in ICUFON Project World Authority for Spatial Affairs (W.A.S.A.), New York, 1979.)

Link

Map/Interview:

72b37e05593f.jpg
The Open Minds radio program discussed this spike in UFO activity in Argentina on the July 12 program..

link

First time i read about this. I did not read about this in any media. And the Diario Popular page you posted. Well, lets say Diario Popular is in the same league with the National Inquirer in the USA. :D

I think the US will keep an eye on New Zealand and Argentina as test cases for releasing UFO info to the public.

Frankly, I seriously doubt that. We have seen such reports before and nothing has come out of it. It is, as usual, just reports of UFOs and nothing else.

Cheers,

Badeskov

All countries that receive visits from UFOs should have a UFO committee.

First time i read about this. I did not read about this in any media. And the Diario Popular page you posted. Well, lets say Diario Popular is in the same league with the National Inquirer in the USA. :D

Mekorig, thanks for the reply and please keep your ears open for any more info in the Argentinian press -I know what you're saying about 'Diario Popular' so it would be nice to get the story independently verified - whatever the case there certainly seems to be a lot of Argentinian OVNI reports - there was an extremely interesting video here dealing with UFOs/USOs around the Japanese government's nautical research ship 'the Kaiyou Maru' off the coast of Argentina but it appears to have been removed - will have to have a good rummage round for that one. :)

Edited by karl 12

Mekorig, thanks for the reply and please keep your ears open for any more info in the Argentinian press -I know what you're saying about 'Diario Popular' so it would be nice to get the story independently verified - whatever the case there certainly seems to be a lot of Argentinian OVNI reports - there was an extremely interesting video here dealing with UFOs/USOs around the Japanese government's nautical research ship 'the Kaiyou Maru' off the coast of Argentina but it appears to have been removed - will have to have a good rummage round for that one. :)

Is that anything like the Kobayashi Maru? ;)

If you do manage to track that video down I'd enjoy watching it Karl. Thanks for posting up the interesting stories here. :tu:

All countries that receive visits from UFOs should have a UFO committee.

Hey 27vet, I'd certainly like to see some objective study into the UFO/USO/OVNI subject, whatever these objects are - the trouble is, as mentioned in the opening post, previous government sponsered 'committees' realy haven't got the best track record when it comes to being competent, thorough or impartial.

Specious argumentation, and argumentation of scientifically very weak nature, abound in the Report's case-analyses. And, while broadly charging bias on the part of those who have taken the UFO problem seriously in the past, the Report exhibits degrees of bias in the opposite direction that deserve the sharpest of criticism.

Dr. James E. McDonald

link

Cheers.

Here we go matey - accounts start at 5:35 an it states the incident was reported in 'Scientific American' magazine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkKqf4H0me8&NR=1

Cheers. :)

Thanks for that Karl. The case right before that in the video, from 1981 I believe, was downright chilling...

Darn these UFO videos that make me start believing there might be more to this whole thing. :alien:

:P

Boonyzarc yes it was a pretty freaky one and when it comes to USOs, the sheer number of strange reports realy does make you wonder what the Dickens is going on. :blink:

Here's another report from the Argentine Navy in which involves an unknown object exhibiting electromagnetic effects on a ship:

ARGENTINE NAVY DISCLOSES IMPORTANT E-M CASE

An official Argentine Navy UFO report, labeled one of the most important Argentine UFO cases, has been released to NICAP in accordance with an agreement to exchange UFO information.

This combined visual and E-M (electromagnetic) interference incident occurred late in 1963, involving the Navy transport A.R.A. Punta Médanos.

During the night of Nov. 12, 1963, says the official report, "A large airship [never identified] was sighted from the stern of the vessel. The huge UFO was round-shaped, and it was moving at great speed. It displayed no lights and made no sound.

As the unknown machine appeared, the needles of the ship's magnetic compasses "suddenly and simultaneously" swung off course, pointing toward the UFO. The power which caused this E-M interference is indicated by the distance involved. At the time, the Navy report states, the UFO was 2,000 meters (well over a mile) away from the ship.

After the UFO was gone and the compasses returned to normal, the transport commander radioed the Commander-In-Chief of the Argentine Fleet. The Fleet Commander was so concerned he ordered a full investigation by the Hydrographic Service.

link

Also, I think you may have seen it before but this other vid shows interviews with the flight Captain, passengers and military involved in another strange Argentinian UFO case, the Bariloche incident from 1995:

Cheers.

Hey 27vet, I'd certainly like to see some objective study into the UFO/USO/OVNI subject, whatever these objects are - the trouble is, as mentioned in the opening post, previous government sponsered 'committees' realy haven't got the best track record when it comes to being competent, thorough or impartial.

Cheers.

You're quite right there.

Here we go matey - accounts start at 5:35 an it states the incident was reported in 'Scientific American' magazine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkKqf4H0me8&NR=1

Cheers. :)

So it appears that UFOs enjoy swimming in our oceans.

Hurray!

We'll have all our answers in no time!

What they need to do is go exploring some of the lakes from which UFOs have been seen to come out of.

I wonder where ET will hide their bases after we find them?

Edited by Paxus

Please UFO, please take Cristina away. She´s destroying Argentina.

I live in Argentina and I can´t believe they created something like this.

I can´t believe either that in didn´t have that much impact on the news.

I just found about this in this page and not in local media.

Bye!

Please UFO, please take Cristina away. She´s destroying Argentina.

I live in Argentina and I can´t believe they created something like this.

I can´t believe either that in didn´t have that much impact on the news.

Bye!

illya, did t you heard the last joke?

Nestor, come back! You forgot Cristina! (Nestor, volve!, Te olvidaste de Cristina!) :w00t::w00t:

BTW Karl, the incident you are talking about, i think its the San Julian Bay incident, and its tought it was a soviet sub (at least the more serious theory).

the united states will never release alien and ufo information to the public

I doubt that !

It will surely release info but that info would be completely modified according to them :D

And people please do search google for "Project Bluebeam" and "Haarp Project" and read articles for to see what the United States is upto in 2012.

BTW Karl, the incident you are talking about, i think its the San Julian Bay incident, and its tought it was a soviet sub (at least the more serious theory).

Hi Mekorig, the incident involving the research scientists aboard the 'Kaiyou Maru' (as shown in the video) describes up to 12 flyng objects travelling in different directions - can you provie a link to the submarine explanation as I'd be interested to read it.

I'd also be interested to hear your opinions on the nature of the object involved in the Bariloche incident -you can read about it at the thread linked below:

Article published in Le Courier de l'Ouest, France, 3rd August, 1995:

c33e6d4314f6.jpg

"At the time when I started the descent, I suddenly saw opposite a white light which came directly at us at full speed, before stopping suddenly at a hundred meters (...) After a moment, the saucer changed color, two green lights appearing at the ends with an orange gleam in the center, which ignited intermittently", the pilot adds.

At the time when I started my last approach, the lights of the landing strip suddenly went off. I had to go up, still accompanied by the UFO which went up at a supernatural speed," the pilot adds. " When the light came back on the ground and that I started again my descent, the UFO then disappeared at full speed," the pilot concludes.

UFOs over Argentina ~ The Bariloche Incident.

Illya, there's some further info below:

BUENOS AIRES — The Argentine Air Force has created a commission to record and investigate reports of unidentified flying objects (UFO) in the South American country's airspace, a spokesman told AFP Wednesday.

The Commission for the Investigation of Airspace Phenomenon "is in the process of being formed," said Captain Mariano Mohaupt

link