Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Al Qaeda may have made contact in U.S. recently

DC09

It sounds like Fluffy is a seasoned traveler and knows the french language; he'll be alright. (Hey Fluffy, why don't you swing by Israel and look up Erikl... you two could have a blast.) 

...no offense Erikl....just ribbing Fluffy. Yeah, you know the news channel said that people leaving the country should talk to their loved ones about the possibilty of a kidnapping or death. They should make some sort of preparations for this event before leaving.

BABS YOUR TALKING ABOUT EUROPE

Kindappings?????????????????????????????

WTF are you talking about.

I cant say our news is filled with our nationals being kidnapped and beheaded routinely tongue.gif

Your talking about us as if we're on the same level as Afghanistan.

Your poor education about us is VERY insulting.

I know FOX is very informative but you could try reading news papers or even an atlas.

We do live a quite a wee bit awaya from Iraq you know.

Jesus babs weve been a civlised nation for mpre than a few centuries.

Im serious babs you need to really learn about other cultures befor eyou make such daft and insulting judgements, youve clearly NEVER been to europe.

Britain is probably one of the safest country's on the planet.

Ive never seen a gun never mind seen anyone killed by one... thats just an example.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• reese2

• wunarmdscissor

• Fluffybunny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wun...watch it, you look like you're going to have the big one. ohmy.giflaugh.gif

I've been to europe a couple of times and I had a very serious incident in Denmark. A bomb scare....my ship was coming into the harbour, Langelini, and all of a sudden everything stopped aboard 'the Bergensfjord'. There was a bomb in the harbour! We had to sit in the waters till they got permission for us to come into the free harbour. When we got off ship they told us it was "arabs". This was 1970. ohmy.gif

I was young and impressionable and very upset by this. I wondered why our government didn't tell us that we weren't protected when we leave these shores? Well, they didn't tell you because, I guess, they didn't want the American people to know. .....Or be afraid.

Now they are telling us. Take it from me, it must be bad! ph34r.gif

......oh, I forgot, when my husband and I were walking close to Sweden, the border, there was an arab man walking behind us. When I would get behind my husband in our walking, this jerk would speed up to get close to me. He kept following me and inching up...I figured I better stay up with my husband. And right after I got caught up and 'stayed' with my husband, he fell off....disappeared. When I think about this, to this day, I still get unsettled and a bit scared.

So there you have it. Death threat and kidnapping threat over 30 years ago.

Oh, there is a silver lining ....the Rolling Stones had just arrived as we docked and later on the trip my husband and I walked right past Mick Jagger. (in the park). He was with a blonde woman and a little girl. He said 'hi' to us and I replied. original.gif

OH my god .

Babs you are unbelievable .

Well i cant find any info on your "bomb scare".

ANd cos some weirdo followed you in a street lol....then lol....it musta been arab terorists.

How many times does a weirdo follow someon in america lol??????? (erm your sory doesnt reall instill much ....belief.)

LOL what the hell do you mean "I wondered why our government didn't tell us that we weren't protected when we leave these shores"

Jesus babs you really are so blinkered and insular its frightening.

You do know that britain has a lower crime rate , death rate, birth death rate, murder rate , gun crime rate (almost non-existent).

There hasnt been a terrorist attack on thses shores for years , and even then the last arab situation wa sthe Iranian embassy in the 80's.

If your talking about sweden lol.

Thats is actually THE SAFEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET .

My god babs your safer here in europe than you are in america.

Your far more likely to be killed or kidnapped by another AMERICAN than we are to be by anyone including arabs lol.

LIke i said babs if your worried about safety then maybe you should look a little closer to home.

Now they are telling us. Take it from me, it must be bad

Oh ok ill take it from you...

Ill disregard all the facts and stats comparing crime in europe to america.

ill disregard my experience in being a EUROPEAN and trust a pretty badly informed american.

WHos seems to base her opinions on 2 incidents which were innoculous at best.

Could you please post some proof of this "bomb scare ".

This was serious and it's hard to believe you talk this way. Check out the Stones in 1970, they were there.

The bomb threat didn't get much attention as far as I know. I didn't have accesss to a tv or radio....I was busy, I couldn't check the papers and radio. It wasn't a pleasure trip, we were busy. We had to find a place to live and see about my husband's job and mine. The best I can recollect was that everyone dispersed and went their usual way. We were with Norwegians and Danish....very few Americans on the Norwegian boat. But this ship left out of New York and these arabs must have known that. People acted semi-normal, almost like I don't know...like maybe it's happened before and going on for a while. dontgetit.gif ....Nobody 'got up in arms'...like you, wun. The Danes are a very peaceable people.

Denmark was a neutral country....that's another thing that really worried me. Yes we thought they were the safest countries...Denmark, Sweden, Norway, that's one of the reasons we liked going to there. What a shock.

That's why I have the views I have. That's why I want to fight for my country; I know how dangerous it is out there. I know that we are unprotected when we leave these waters. Before this I had more leftist views. I didn't believe in the Viet Nam war etc. etc. but, you see, now I know, you will have to fight. Fight every inch of the way to stay on top.... and to survive. And that this arab terrorism can come here. I knew 30 years ago that something was terribly wrong, and that the US wasn't being hit then because they the arabs couldn't get it done. Now they can, they can do it_911. Our country didn't want our people to know these things back then. There were people and countries that didn't like the US, even back in 1970. It took the arabs 30 yrs. to get here and now the war is on.

Like I said I haven't been traveling outside the country for many years. I must tell you.... it is a bad idea.

As far as proving something that happened to me that changed my life, you are crazy. I don't have to prove it, it happened. You want me to send you the ship's log or something? Maybe you could find out that way, wun; the ship might have records for way back then. wacko.gif

This isn't about politics, this is about 'truth'.... it's about what's out there.

And I have been to England, wun; it is very nice. When we were there we couldn't get back (home) because the airlines' in the US was on strike. (had to stay an extra week). original.gif ...(the England trip was in 1981, in case you want to research that, wun.)

Don't call me a liar. You have really shown your ignorance.

Edited by Babs

Hours after the attacks on Tuesday, the Islamic Institute of New York received a telephone call threatening the school's 450 students, said manager Azam Meshkat. "The gentleman was very angry and he started threatening the children. He said he was going to paint the streets with our children's blood," she said. The school is closed, but continues to receive several threats a day.

source

The evil men who perpetrated this want to destroy our way of life.  We must fight them, but we must not become them. 

If we regard all Arabs, all Muslims as enemy, then we become like the few who attacked us. 

source

Perhaps the most cowardly attack took place on Thursday in the Brisbane suburb of Karawatha in the state of Queensland, where racist elements stoned a bus carrying primary school children with rocks and bottles. While no one was injured in the attack, the children, aged between five- and 10-years-old, were seriously traumatised and one side of the bus was badly damaged. The primary school, attended by 250 Muslim children, has been placed under 24-hour security.

source

Targetting children is absolutely sick! There is no excuse or justification.

Edited by alis

Yes...this is sad. (911 had innocent children killed and pulverized).

What is asked of the American people sounds good in theory, but is very hard to put in practice. It's going to be a rough road.

We wondered why the arabs would be in a neutral country and packing bombs or bomb threats? My husband put forth the idea that maybe_ because_ Denmark was neutral, the arabs could get in there and do their dirty deeds. Anybody have any ideas on this? I noticed there was someone posting from Denmark and Finland on the board, maybe they could help us out with this?

Edited by Babs

it still does not justify children of whatever religion being harassed and attacked. i repeat, there is no justification or excuse in attacking children. if you think there is, pls explain?

Oh my god ...........

That all i can say.

Again britain and nearly all european countries are so much safer than america it is unrecognisable.

I may be completely out of the loop here, Babs, but I didn't and still don't know of any children killed or pulverized by 9-11?? Maybe there were some children on the planes, but even that, I don't remember hearing about. I will have to read up on this some, because if there were, than I am seriously having some problems with my mind.. wacko.gif

Reese

As far as i know reese, you are right, there were no children killed or pulverized by 9/11, i have done many searches to see if i could find anything, and not a dicky bird. However i did find this during my search.

Rahma, a Muslim of Sri Lankan origin, was traveling with her husband Michael (a convert to Islam) to attend a friend's wedding in California.  Rahma was 7 months pregnant with their first child. 
she was on one of the flights that crashed into the trade centers i believe.

source

So you see people from all religions and races are mourning their loved ones who tragically died during 9/11.

Edited by alis

Thank you for looking that up, Alis.. I also sent a PM to Fluffy asking if he could find anything about children being killed in 9-11.. I have not found anything, and I have been doing search after search tonight... It is sad, because if that is indeed the only child, that was definately one too many.. It makes me sad...

crying.gif

But, thank you Alis... original.gif

Targeting children is terrible. Targeting innocents is terrible. Am I clear on this? The last I heard there were children in the towers, along with adults. Don't you know that children used to visit the twin towers?

OMG is all you can say, wun? cool.gif

Babs as i am not from the USA or new york for that matter,so how would i know that children used to visit the twin towers?? anyway if they did, there are no reports i can find stating any children were 'killed or pulverized' during 9/11. as far as i know the children are the victims in the sense, they have lost a parent in the attack.

what im getting at is there are people in the world who should be locked up and the key thrown away for their cowardly crimes against children, these muslim children are children just like any other, and there are whackos out there threatening to smear their blood on the street. the persons involved in the attacks against children are as bad as any terrorist in my opinion. if it were your child being threatened and attacked, how would it feel?? its one thing to pick on an adult, but its totally different when some sickos start targetting children. plain sick

As far as I know Babs, there were no children in the towers. I believe Alis is right, and the only child lost was still in gestation, and on the plane. It is extremely sad, each and every person.

You have to be sure not to inflate things in your mind, not distorting the truth. Out of that lies are born.. What happened Sept. 11th was bad enough, without adding that children were killed and pulverized.

And, a lot of people were affected, of all races and nationalities. crying.gif

Reese

The reason i only said OMG is that you are so poorly educated about the outside world and so blinkered there is absolutley nothing else to say to you.

You are ignoring all of the facts about safety leveles concerning European country's.

You are ignoring ther fact that YOU are statistically safer in the UK than you are in America yet you comment as if we are backward idiots that do not even understand the security situation in our OWN country's.

Your views on some european country's border on the racist (you definitly have the daft "freedom fries" mentality that is rife among the illinformed in america).

You do not understand the basic facts regarding other cultures.

You havent even commented on the fact that britain is a safer place to be than america.

You just completley ignore it an go on some xenophobic rant about your country not telling you that it was unsafe for americans to be in europe before, this admisnistration....have you ever considered that they could be scaremongering in attempt to win support and that europe is a relativley safe place to liev let alone visit.

YOur paranoia is simply ridiculous.

I want you to PROVE that its unsafe for americans to be in europe.

And dont come away with some incident that took place in denmark 30 years ago ..that for all you know couldve been a hoax ....i mean you only think it was arab terrorists because SOME guy at the harbour told you lol.

Your other quite academic reason was that some middle eastern guy gave you the impression that he was following you in Sweden.

Come on babs do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound.

IN proportion to the amount of americans who travel to europe every year i bet youd find that they were safer here than they were in america.

A country whichi is one of the most dangerous in the world considering every on and their gran has a gun.

You know babs terrorism isnt the only danger in the WORLD. lol lol .

You live your life around it.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

You just completley ignore it an go on some xenophobic rant about your country not telling you that it was unsafe for americans to be in europe before, this admisnistration....have you ever considered that they could be scaremongering in attempt to win support and that europe is a relativley safe place to liev let alone visit.

Wun- Just so you know... I have never heard anyone speak that Europe was unsafe, in fact my Mother just got back from an extensive cruise in those regions. She did say, they were pretty rude to Americans, but that is no surprise to anyone is it?

Europe is a pretty safe place to live and visit, for Americans. You are right about that. No one has put that out publicly, to scare or sway support. The reason 'Freedom Fries' came about, was an immature attempt to boycott all things French, for lack of support. Which to this day, I think was terrible. I am with you on the changing of food names being 'daft', it completely was..

Reese

Yeah reese that wasnt in anyway an attack on americans in general.

Only babs and here stated opinions on europe.

Btw on a sidenot a lot of europeans are rude to americans becasue in general americans (and i am talking from experience) seem to not quite understand that THEY need to accept they are in another country with a distince culture.

They dont seem able to adapt.

In britain the culture is very similar however in the like of france it is very different and they expect you to make little effort which i think is understandable it aint just americans theyll be rude to either.

Yeah reese that wasnt in anyway an attack on americans in general.

Yes, Wun, I know that.. You write clearly enough, and do not have a history of inflating things, and looking at things one sided.. We may not always agree, but you do have your strong points. And, you were right on this one.

I also agree that the reason Americans are treated badly over there, at times, is because of the lack of respect shown, when over there. I am sorry about that, as I am sure people as civilized as Mother are as well. It is a shame.

Then you have the people that cry 'Freedom Fries' which doesn't help either..

One thing to remember is America is not without blame.. We have people that are equally as rude to foreigners as well...

I hope that you understand that babs absolutely does not stand with the majority of how Americans really think or believe here. She has a tendancy to inflate things, and hear things that really are not being said or written. Like the news saying that Bush was leading across the US in polls, or that children were 'killed and pulverized' on Sept. 11th.

The real deal is that there were children completely affected, many of them, by the actions of Sept. 11th, but they were not killed. (Only one as I know of now) She was right in stating that there have been children in the twin towers over the years upon years of their exsistence, but on that day, as far as I know, there were none.

Reese

I know i have my beliefs but my feelings on terrorism are just as strong as yours if not stronger.

Weve lived in the shadow of it for my whole life and only recenlty things in this country have really improved.

I hate al queada i would love nothing more than to see bin ladens lifeless body strung up in new york.

I hope people know that i think that way.

i just dont believe Iraq was the way to get him or al queada . at all.

No, I think people see clearly what you are saying. It comes across to me anyway, exactly how you just explained it.

My feelings are very much the same as yours. (On that issue any way, lol)

Reese

Thanks Hunter...... I couldn't find anything on this... Were there children in the towers, though? As far as I know, no.. I couldn't find anything on it...

Thank you though.... original.gif

I can't find actual statisics on age groups killed, So i was forced to browse nearly 3,000 names. I didn't see any children killed in the towers, that dosen't mean they're not there.. I could have missed them easily.

I do know there were Day cares on the first few floors of both towers.

There were daycares there? I have never heard that.. It just seems so strange that I could forget this much.. I remember so well when Oklahoma was attacked, all the children that were killed because there was a daycare there. On their first floor.

Thanks so much for looking though.. I looked at all the links of the children you did post, and it is really sad... crying.gif

Edited by reese2