Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The One Odd Thing

MedicTJ

.......that has happened to me in my life.

And I still remember this as clearly as if it were yesterday.

First off, I'm 32 and this happened around the age of 8.

We lived out in the country here in NW Indiana and it was a lazy, hot August afternoon. Dog days in full effect. Not a single cloud in the sky.

I remember being bored with nothing to do. I was kind of kicking my feet in the grass on our backyard lawn and was getting ready to just lay down and maybe take a catnap or something. I don't know.

Suddenly, I felt a rush of water completely drench me as if someone dumped a bucket over my head. I remember covering my face and pulling my now soaked hair away from my eyes and trying to gather my senses.

I turned quickly to see who had poured the bucket of water on me and immediately suspected my younger sister, Mari.

But when I turned around, I was completely and totally dry. Not a drop of water on me.

I just stood there. Not moving. Looking straight ahead. I guess I should have been horrified, but I wasn't. I immediately felt frustration, though. And that's because I knew that there would be no way I could tell anyone about it and have them believe me. They'd think I was cracked or starved for attention. I wanted to tell my mom so bad, but knew that it would be pointless. And nobody else was around to witness it.

But I've remembered those moments ever since. I've forgotten a lot of things about my childhood. I look through yearbooks once in a great while and can tell that as the years pass by, old memories fade away. This one doesn't.

Something profound happened to me that day. I wish I knew what it was. I still think about it quite often and wonder if it'll happen again.

I don't know what it means. Maybe it was some self-induced hallucinogenic experience due to sheer boredom?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicTJ

• Loonboy

• Althalus

• FreyKade

Hi MedicTJ and welcome to the forum.

I have never heard anything quite like the experience you described and wouldn't know where to point you in order to locate an adequate explanation for it. If it was spiritual, what would be the point? If if were physical, there would be water at the scene and you would not have been dry. If it was a physiological phenomenon, then I don't believe it's been brought to light by anyone else.

Baffling.

In addition, it's a shame that we as a species are so reluctant to discuss our experiences in fear of riddicule or disbelief, and I think that's what's put the blinkers on us as far as psychic matters and spiritual things go. We don't tell anyone and pretend it didn't happen, and eventually those parts of us that detect such things atrophy.

huh.gif

Thanks for the reply.

I've never really told anyone about it before. Not much anyway. But felt that I could here and not face ridicule for it.

And I completely understand what you mean when you say, "...those parts of us atrophy."

Around the same age, once in a while, I was able to KNOW what song would be on the radio before I turned it on. The first time THAT happened was pretty profound as well. I just woke up one morning...just lying in bed...looked over at my radio and felt something kind of wierd in my chest. Can't explain it. Not pain or anything....just kind of like a weight or something.

Having my radio tuned to the local Top 40 station, I KNEW that they were playing a "Go-Go-Girls" tune. I switched it on....and was right.

Now, this could be explained as something else...like knowing the rotation the radio station played every day. But I hardly listened to that station. I had it tuned there for reasons unknown.

My mother also lost one of her rings and she was real distraught about it. I don't know how I knew, but I KNEW that it was laying behind our old floor cabinet record player. (see how everything I do revolves somehow around music???)

And it WAS. I told her I'd found it by accident...but I knew better.

But ever since those days, I don't think I've had an experience like that.

it may have been your body cooling off, if it was the hot day you say it was, either that or your nerve endings going nuts at the heat level, and spontaneously firing off.

I would like to say I have had the same thing happen before, but I had people around and I must agree it must have been somthing with nerve endings because my freinds thought I had went nuts, and had seen no water thrown at me.

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes that hapens to me. a couple of seconds before the begining of the song[the little music bit at the beginning], i hear the song starting softly in my head, then its starts on the radio.

i think i can hear radio waves or something because i too hear the songs in my head before i turn the radio on. maybe the stations are reflecting off our tooth fillings or something smile.gif

i also notice that when i wake up in the morning my wife and i will both be humming the same songs a lot of times. its really strange but i feel she and i share a connection because we finish each others thoughts and each seem to think about the same things at the same times. for instance, she will start talking about a garden sculpture she sees as we are driving and i will be thinking about it when she comments on it. that type of thing.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_Deadman

Do you have migraines? You'd have mentioned epilepsy of something like that. Sounds neurological. . . .