Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Past Life

Toolite

I just don't like to debate... That's me.. I know for some it's exciting and they love it.. I don't.. because either I know or I don't.. but, once I get confirmation that's it.. If you think it's just a random thought process for me then let it be so... We will leave it like that..

There is no way that I can explain years of experiences that help me to confirm things... You must have an experience to be able to fully understand how spiritual people know things.. and how it is confirmed... And again between you and mulder I don't believe that you really don't know.. I think you do know but, for some apparent reason you just say you don't.. which is strange..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

first of all, thank you for responding. i assure you, my question was one of curiosity, not intended to create a debate or put you on the spot. while i am skeptical of many things, i do not shut my mind to them, and truly would have liked to hear how you came to believe you were experiencing a past life. toolite, please don't lump people together, as in skeptics vs believers.

you have no idea whether or not i have had any 'supernatural' experiences or what my beliefs are with regard to past lives. so again, please don't lump people together.

having said that, i understand what you are saying about being unable to explain years of experiences that contribute to your knowing one thing over another (did that make sense?)

i naively assumed that perhaps there was something specific or distinctive that caused you to come to that conclusion.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toolite

• Agent. Mulder

• Leah G.

• JGirl

Well, heres the thing, theres NO proof of past lives, or how people get past lives. However, there is evidence of peoples imagination and maaaany issues which alter a person metal state.

It looks as if theres no evidence for past lives, but theres evidence for what causes someone, who is sitting alone with their eyes closed, to "see" a past life.

Actually there is a fair body of evidence for past lives. There have been studies done, scientific endeavors performed in clinical environments. Your homework is to read the information from the following links:

http://litmed.med.nyu.edu/Annotation?action=view&annid=11793

http://www.virginia.edu/insideuva/2001/03/stevenson.html

If you'll notice, the second sits on a University website (and not UFO University or the School of Fishy Stories.) There are a lot of scientific studies these days on subject matters once laughed out of the scientific room. Take Quantum Physics, which showed thought could directly influence matter to do the impossible.

Past lives may not be popular with Popular Science. Of course at various times Popular Science (the institution, not the magazine) arrested people for claiming the world was round, and/or (horrors!) that it wasn't the center of the Universe. Gee... we all know science can't be wrong. Right?

Actually there is a fair body of evidence for past lives. There have been studies done, scientific endeavors performed in clinical environments. Your homework is to read the information from the following links:

http://litmed.med.nyu.edu/Annotation?action=view&annid=11793

http://www.virginia.edu/insideuva/2001/03/stevenson.html

If you'll notice, the second sits on a University website (and not UFO University or the School of Fishy Stories.) There are a lot of scientific studies these days on subject matters once laughed out of the scientific room. Take Quantum Physics, which showed thought could directly influence matter to do the impossible.

Past lives may not be popular with Popular Science. Of course at various times Popular Science (the institution, not the magazine) arrested people for claiming the world was round, and/or (horrors!) that it wasn't the center of the Universe. Gee... we all know science can't be wrong. Right?

Yes and I would like to add on too... Mulder what about the Transpersonal Phsychology.. Phsychology is based on science and a Transpersonal phsychologist only deals with the spiritual..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!