Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

That is one hell of a shotgun spread!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mind you, not only 1000 birds died in Ark.

According to this also 100,000 fish are dead in NW or the same region.

That would fit if it was the earth quake and if it was deep enough it could have poisoned the water and let an earth fart out to kill a flock of birds, don't you think? There would be some sort of residue in the water though, there would have to be. The scientists will figure it out I just hope the government lets them tell us what it was. They seem to have so much control over the media and scientists these days and we only hear what they want us to hear.

I heard somewhere that strong winds or tornados could have been the culprit. Wouldn't be the first time animals have been swept up and then dumped by storm winds.

That video is a bit disturbing. Some people are just driving over the corpses as if they weren't there. I wouldn't be able to do that personally. I'd take an alternate route or something. :no:

it was more than a thousand.

up to 3,000 birds fell from the sky new year's eve. no birds were found outside of a one-mile area.

very bizarre.

update: preliminary test results show thousands of birds died mid-air due to multiple blunt trauma to their vital organs.

also, this:

Game and Fish officials do not believe the dead birds are connected to the dead fish that were found in Ozark. They say disease is likely the cause of their death.

Edited by her.

update: preliminary test results show thousands of birds died mid-air due to multiple blunt trauma to their vital organs.

That could have been from when they hit the ground though.

Doesn't this suggest that they where either knocked unconscious or somehting stopped them flying then died on the impact of hitting the ground.

Edited by Coffey

i think it's their way of saying they have no idea. :lol:

Doesn't this suggest that they where either knocked unconscious or somehting stopped them flying then died on the impact of hitting the ground.

it's quite possible.

cnn is saying 4,000 to 5,000. wow, that's a lot.

Edited by her.

In the Report it suggests they might have been startled by New Years Eve Fireworks displays causing them Stress. I sure hope they are wrong.:hmm:

I find that hard to believe, because lightning storms happen all the time and are just as bright/noisy etc. If this were the case, wouldn't we see it raining birds after every lightning storm? Sounds to me like they don't have a clue and drew a reason out of a hat.

I find that hard to believe, because lightning storms happen all the time and are just as bright/noisy etc. If this were the case, wouldn't we see it raining birds after every lightning storm? Sounds to me like they don't have a clue and drew a reason out of a hat.

The Arkansas incident is not the first involving massive bird deaths: Others have included the missing sparrows of Hobart, Australia, and the dead mallards of Idaho.

In 2007 in Austin, Texas, so many birds fell around the state capitol that police closed it for safety.

Karen Rowe, an ornithologist with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, said massive bird deaths are relatively common, for various reasons.

A strong storm had moved through the area on Friday, and birds can be carried against their will high into the cold, thin air, where they can freeze.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/03/mass-bird-deaths-puzzle-arkansas-town/#ixzz1A0IzWRtJ

My biggest issue with the fireworks theory, as well as any of the others, is that only one type of bird appears to have been affected. I find this strange and interesting.

I'm trying to find the information on where the fish were found. The articles state Ozark, but I'm not sure if it is Arkansas or Missouri (I live 10 min. away from ozark, mo)

Link to a local source

Wow, that is strange.

After reading these posts and links, I tend to agree with the "weather-related" comment.

I did not know that birds could be swept-up high into the atmosphere; freezing and asphixating.

My biggest issue with the fireworks theory, as well as any of the others, is that only one type of bird appears to have been affected. I find this strange and interesting.

I believe that this incident happened at night. Birds tend to roost together as a flock so if they were startled by fireworks then they could have all taken flight at once and would have been flying as one massive, confused and frightened group. I have visited Arkansas several times (I have relatives that live there) and I have personally seen a flock of thousands of birds flying together. It's quite a sight but from what I am told, not uncommon.

I'm trying to find the information on where the fish were found. The articles state Ozark, but I'm not sure if it is Arkansas or Missouri (I live 10 min. away from ozark, mo)

Link to a local source

Slave2fate says your answer below....This would be a very strange thing if it were more than one species of bird , not so strange with it the way it is.

As for the fish , that was one species of fish , I believe called " drum "....So , that one is not poison , if it were , all of the fish in the area would have died , it was just one species , so Natural Causes there.

Wow, that is strange.

After reading these posts and links, I tend to agree with the "weather-related" comment.

I did not know that birds could be swept-up high into the atmosphere; freezing and asphixating.

Isn't it awesome when we learn new things , especially from Topics like this !...A little research goes a long way ! :tu:

I believe that this incident happened at night. Birds tend to roost together as a flock so if they were startled by fireworks then they could have all taken flight at once and would have been flying as one massive, confused and frightened group. I have visited Arkansas several times (I have relatives that live there) and I have personally seen a flock of thousands of birds flying together. It's quite a sight but from what I am told, not uncommon.

Exactly !

Black Bird Flock flying below...

4171421640_7730c906bf.jpg

Mystery as scores of starlings found dead in village garden

An investigation has begun into the mysterious and “highly unusual” deaths of scores of starlings which were found in the garden of a village house.

starlings_1594136c.jpg

Seventy-five birds were found in an area measuring only 12ft in diameter, each with severe injuries including broken beaks and legs, and abdominal wounds. Only six were alive and they were put to sleep.

The Answer to this one was :

The RSPCA, which was called to the scene, said the most likely explanation was that the starlings were being chased by a predator, possibly a sparrow hawk.

“They have done a swoop to try to escape but they all got too low and hit the ground,” said a spokesman. “Bystanders heard a whooshing sound as the birds fell to the ground and suddenly there were dead ones everywhere.

My link

Natural things are the best and most logical answers 99% of the time.....

Edited by Sakari

they were found along a 20-mile stretch between the ozark dam and highway 109 bridge in franklin county.

roughly between ozark and clarksville.

Edited by her.

I find it strange that both things happened closely together, and it only happened to certain species of birds and fish. I've heard of this happening before though, but it's still weird. I don't think there will ever be any definite answers, unless they find something in the water where the fish were.

Someone just told me that they fish thing happened a week ago or before the bird thing happened.

Edited by kelunexplained

Exactly !

Black Bird Flock flying below...

4171421640_7730c906bf.jpg

Thanks for the pic Sakari. It is pretty impressive to see such a flock in action. The way the flock moves and undulates as they fly it almost seems as if it's a single entity. :tu:

I find it strange that both things happened closely together, and it only happened to certain species of birds and fish. I've heard of this happening before though, but it's still weird. I don't think there will ever be any definite answers, unless they find something in the water where the fish were.

Personally I'm leaning heavily towards coincidence here. There is nothing yet to link these two incidents together and I would be very surprised if there were. It would be as you say, too specific, with no other animals killed.

It is not that unsual.....It would be if it were the opposite.

The fish 95% one species....NOT POISON.....That is not unusual , the high number is , but the fact is not.

Officials said 95 percent of the fish that died were drum fish — indicating that the likely cause of death was disease as only one species was affected.

"If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish, not just drum fish," Stephens added.

My link

Same with the Birds , if it were different types of Birds , it would be very strange.It was a type of bird that flies together , not so strange....Go back up 2 replies , look at the picture.....

Edited by Sakari

Yes I think they came into contact with a large flying machine --plane or a u guessed a UFO...

wonder if they will check them for radiation

blunt force trauma and internal organs affected... I thinking birds know the weather and I don't think they would get engulfed in a strong wind, and if they did, it could not cause blunt force trama...

Edited by trish1997

I've lived in AR before for years & I have seen thousands of birds in my yard at once. It was freaky as hell to see.

I know a Wild Life officer & his theory is explained as a disease that was passed on to the birds from the massive fish kill recently. The species of fish caught some kind of disease & now the river is littered with them floating & washing on the river bed.

In turn, the birds ate them & died, & since it was only a certain species of these birds that died, it would be reasonable to assume it was from the disease spreading between them.

*But do I believe that is the cause? I really don't know. I'm still ambivalent towards that explanation.

Edited by Ms. Anita Cigarette.

I've lived in AR before for years & I have seen thousands of birds in my yard at once. It was freaky as hell to see.

I know a Wild Life officer & his theory is explained as a disease that was passed on to the birds from the massive fish kill recently. The species of fish caught some kind of disease & now the river is littered with them floating & washing on the river bed.

In turn, the birds ate them & died, & since it was only a certain species of these birds that died, it would be reasonable to assume it was from the disease spreading between them.

*But do I believe that is the cause? I really don't know. I'm still ambivalent towards that explanation.

Oh yeah so a wildlife officer said the exact same thing as me and people just bumped my theory off..... :rolleyes:

It's possible I guess, that the birds drank the water or one of them ate a fish and something got passed around, but for it to only happen to black birds, and 5000 at the same time..is a little uh weird? I guess. I think whatever happened was probably just a coincidence. I doubt it had to do with weather, because I would think other types of birds would die as well. Where I live a bunch of bats started dieing all over, and they found out it's from a disease.