Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

i guess i need to watch the news more. i live in arkansas and this is the first i'm hearing of any of this

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

100,000 dead birds,100,000 dead fish and a earthquake swarm thats been going on for months. What the heck is going on in Arkansas?

It does seem all related, doesn't it? Black birds don't usually fly at night and the drum fish are bottom feeders, swarm of earthquakes all in the same area? I don't believe in coincidence. Something is happening there. Are there any bases or research companies there or are there more crazy people than usual out there? There has to be more evidence to go on. If it's something magnetic with the earth was happening some people would be effected too I would suspect there would be more head aches and possibly skin rashes. Dogs barking for no reason even. Something.

At least it's interesting to speculate.

Agreed, Slave2Fate, but factor in two things:

1) The birds must have been waaaay up there in the sky at night in order to be strewn about for over a mile. A typical flock of red winged blackbirds flies roughly around 150 to 200 feet up - and many migrate at night especially during peak spring and fall times. For the birds to have been strewn about for that distance implies that either they were flying near cloud cover heights since normally they just don't fly that high - or they were tossed about in the air while airborne.

2) No secondary or tertiary species were found mixed in with the blackbirds. Blackbirds roost up in the same areas as crows, starlings (the ones in the country, that is), many types of warblers, finches, and sparrows, and occasional hawks and owls. And yet none of these species were found. Also, since mice, voles, shrews, rats, rabbits, and other small creatures possess small sized hearts and are just as nervous as blackbirds, why were none of them found as well? Since this reportedly occurred at night, these species would have been clamoring about on roads and in fields as well.

Puzzling.

Edited by DigitalSentinal

I didn't think they flew at night. Flying that high is odd and says something about their magnetic compass. I know there is a better word, but I can't think of it, sorry. Hope we find out what really happened, to many questions.

Hi Sakari, I did read your posts and I don't doubt what you said for a minute but for all of them to drop out of the sky so suddenly still doesn't sound right to me. We see the same birds your talking about here too, the fluid way they move in a flock is mesmerizing to say the least! I will stare at them until they fly over me and poop in my hair!! :blink: It's just sooo many it's hard to believe that fireworks is what did it. They aren't saying it was a storm they said fireworks and that's what I'm having a problem with. Blunt force trauma means they probably were hit by each other and not flying debris, it was something the same mass as they were so it had to be each other. A storm has lightening and that could throw off their magnetic system but not fireworks. Hail well, hail is hail and it damages everything in it's path! But that wouldn't be blunt force trauma either, it would cut threw their skin like little water razors. They wouldn't have had fireworks if it was storming and if there was hail. I don't know if I'm explaining my self well here. I guess it will just have to suffice to say, DUH I don't get it!!

We will catch up on skype soon!!

Hatch.

They are saying could have been Fireworks or a Storm....There is plenty of evidence towards that , and documented cases of that happening ( storms ).

Thing is , this stuff happens , it is not some 1 in a Million thing , it is Natural....It has happened before , and will happen again.I am not sure if anyone is even bothering to read through the links that are being put here , I wish everyone would.This is nothing Supernatural or Paranormal.......

Same with the fish , it was 1 species , and there was dramatic changes in the weather and water temperature....THIS CAN AND DOES KILL FISH ....Not all fish , different species can tolerate more than others....It is natural.

I see now numbers being pulled out of thin air?.....100,000 birds?...

Anyway , everyone please go read some documents , and stats from Fish and Game , and other places like that.....Or even some that have been placed here.

:)

Sakari, Drum are extremely resistant fish - both temperature and pollutionwise. Why are there no bass, crappies, catfish?

I have been keeping up on the thread and have read threw it and yes, I agree a storm could have killed the birds and I'm not saying it's supernatural or paranormal?? There is a reasonable explanation for it but it's very odd that those 3 things would happen in the same area, I'm saying that there is a common thread to it but what that is, I don't know. Could all three be caused by a storm, no. The bird, the fish and the earthquakes?? Earthquakes aren't all that common there either although I do realize they can happen anywhere at any time but it's not like it's California and rocks all the time. Just because I believe in the paranormal doesn't mean I think it is paranormal and it shouldn't make opinion of any less value.

Edited by Hatch

I have not read the 82 comments. But this is what I think.

First of all, the article I read on this did not mention that there was an earthquake in Ark. a day prir to the bird issues. They also did not tell you in the article I read, that there was a deadly tornado in the area as well within a reasonable time span for it to taken into account.

Ark:

Earthquake

Deadly Tornadoes

Birds falling from the sky.

Edited by regeneratia

Sakari, Drum are extremely resistant fish - both temperature and pollutionwise. Why are there no bass, crappies, catfish?

How do you know this of the Drum Fish?...From what I read it is not studied much at all?

Drum fish are not studied often because they are not sold commercially or fished very often, but Goodwin said that simple evolution could be at play with the sudden death of the fish.

But as for things like this happening......

"Every day or two, there's a new fish kill somewhere in the U.S.," Goodwin said.

In the summer, fish kills happen due to oxygen depletion, Goodwin said. In the winter, environmental changes like drastic fluctuations between cold and warm weather can shock fish and kill them, Goodwin said.

"My first impression was given that it's only one species and that it happened very suddenly, it has something to do with a strong environmental influence and probably not anything related to toxins," Goodwin said. "The thing that is likely to impact them is rapid temperature changes, we have had some very cold weather and very warm weather."

Source : My link

I can't believe no one's mentioned HAARP ...wink2.gif

Edited by Automaton

Oh God....... <_<

Oh God....... <_<

:lol: Automaton was being facetious...I hope. :ph34r:

I never stop being aware of HAARP and it's capabilities.

Hence the winky face :D

I have not read the 82 comments. But this is what I think.

First of all, the article I read on this did not mention that there was an earthquake in Ark. a day prir to the bird issues. They also did not tell you in the article I read, that there was a deadly tornado in the area as well within a reasonable time span for it to taken into account.

Ark:

Earthquake

Deadly Tornadoes

Birds falling from the sky.

If Arkansas loses the Sugar Bowl ( to top off the three things you pointed out ) , then maybe it is the End of the world....

Not sure if this is what you are getting at.....I do hope you know Arkansas is considered part of Tornado Alley , and it has a average of 19 Tornados a year....So , a Tornado is no " prophecy "....As for Earthquakes , the New Madrid Fault ( runs to Marked tree , Arkansas ) averages 200 earthquakes a year , so again , a Earthquake is no "prophecy ".....Birds falling out of the sky , has happened plenty of times before , and is no " prophecy " either....

I hope I am just assuming that is what you were hinting at , but if I am correct , I wanted to clarify things for you. :tu:

I figured it was that way :tu:

Edited by Sakari

I think there was another thread quite a while ago on this forum where this same thing happened. Too lazy to look for it right now though. :P

You're right. I remember reading a year or two ago on here about something similar happening. I think the prevailing theory then as to why so many birds suddenly died was that they were hit by a plane. I think there was another theory that they made a "bad turn" and flew into the ground crushing their beaks.

But yea, you're right, this has happened before. Weird.

I thought Haarp at first, but Little Rock is where Clinton grew up and I sort of doubt such a device would be deployed to where a previous President was raised. But then, could it be as specific as to affect only two species? I doubt it. So on that basis alone, I discount it.

Whatever! Don't be so full of yourself. Some of us actually know people & care to get the news from other places than UM & you.

I was only making a point that people shot down my theory etc.... jeez.

I can't see a virus or disease causing this, it would have to be an amazing fluke that they all died at exactly the same time from such a condition. The most plaisable explanation is definitely meteorological phenomena such as twisters, hail storms etc.

It is definitely weird though, especially with the physical trauma, did they perhaps hit something artificial up there? Or caught in the wake of something artificial. I would say wait for the results of the tests but I am not expecting an epiphany...

I can't see a virus or disease causing this, it would have to be an amazing fluke that they all died at exactly the same time from such a condition. The most plaisable explanation is definitely meteorological phenomena such as twisters, hail storms etc.

It is definitely weird though, especially with the physical trauma, did they perhaps hit something artificial up there? Or caught in the wake of something artificial. I would say wait for the results of the tests but I am not expecting an epiphany...

Damn...I'm leaning more and more towards mid-air collision with airborne object or energy based shockwave or scalar weaponry. The odds of having so many birds die at once over such a concentrated area - when other adjacent areas and regions stand unaffected - seems ludicrous. Disease - definitely not, in my opinion. And the fish - so many dead of mainly one species. It's "fishy" to say the least.

. . .Apparently, it happened again in Louisiana. . . . link

Ahem... wrong link.

What happened in Louisiana?

Ahem... wrong link.

What happened in Louisiana?

Hmm. . . works fine for me. Anyways, Louisiana also found several hundred dead birds along one of their highways yesterday.