Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

Sorry if its been mentioned already but here in NZ we had 1000 dead fish wash up on the Coromandel Peninsula a few days ago. Speculation was that it may be commercial fishing boats dumping their catch.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most definitely is an invisible mothership...

wonderwoman_invisiblejet.jpg

:blush:

Bad Wonder Woman! You've been naughty and need a spanking! :lol:

I never understood the whole invisible jet thing though... :unsure:

Most definitely is an invisible mothership...

wonderwoman_invisiblejet.jpg

:blush:

:lol::rofl::lol:

BTW love your signature Boony...or is that Crazy?

Bad Wonder Woman! You've been naughty and need a spanking! :lol:

I never understood the whole invisible jet thing though... :unsure:

Naughty Naughty Girly! ;)

Me either mate, but ya know those older comics had some zaney things in them... :lol:

:lol::rofl::lol:

BTW love your signature Boony...or is that Crazy?

:w00t: Ahhh! They are getting us ready for 2012! :devil:

Someones having too much SUGAR.....OH MIKA!

What alarms me is that this is not considered news!

Maybe because it is not that strange.... :yes:

Maybe because it has happened before , numerous times through History..... :yes:

No " maybe " about it. :tu:

Crap, I just realized your username is CrazyNoob spelled backward. I'm kicking myself for not having realized it before. :lol:

I'm usually not that slow...honest. :P

Maybe because it is not that strange.... :yes:

Maybe because it has happened before , numerous times through History..... :yes:

No " maybe " about it. :tu:

If there is no "maybe" then provide me the evidence.

:w00t: Ahhh! They are getting us ready for 2012! :devil:

who is?

80,000 fish, 5,000 birds, and another 450 birds in the adjacent state.

Weather related? Suuuuure.

yeah it is definitely far fetched but do you have a better explanation?

I can agree with that, I think finding the cause/s of these events is important in how we proceed with our understanding of ecosystems and their apparent frailties. Unfortunately if they are natural occurrences (weather, solar flares, disease etc.) there may not be much we as humans can do to completely fix the problem.

i wonder if it has anything to do with genetically modified food. but that is a **** load of animals to die in such a short time frame in the same areas, but still i wonder if it ties in, because genetically modified food cross pollinates with organic crops, and turns them gmo to, i think these occurrences have to do with GMO's because think of how the bees are disappearing all over the place a lot of that is caused by chemicals like "roundup" made by a company called monsanto who also makes these genetic seeds that self destruct after the first harvest, it has to be bad for the planet and its inhabitants, animals are more readily effected by this food, and when they have the choice they never pick gmo food, they only pick organic, unless of course thy have no choice and are forced to eat that ****.

yeah it is definitely far fetched but do you have a better explanation?

People are dismissing the weather change as "trivial".

If it is the weather then it is just as concerning as any other explanation.

We as humans ruin the planet,where mother nature knows best.

There are many species dying off not to mention bees! And when they are gone, we all cease to exist.Some hot shots on here choose to say its all normal and nothing to worry about.

If that is the case how do you explain bees dying and literally hundreds of species dissapearing every year.

At one time zoo's where viewed as enemies of the animals and now they are the saviours!

Many spieces will only survive because of the zoo's.

Wake up, this is not normal!!!!!!!!

The world is changing- polar caps are melting, earthquakes every day , sinkholes etc

Ive no idea what this bird and fish thing is, but lets face it, there aint no positve spin you can put on it.

I think the weather has been thrown out the window sinse day 1, it seems an exscuse just to keep people happy and normal with thie lives. They have done some tests, its not fireworks, not electric cables, weather.

However it could be:

Virus

Acid

Chemicals

You do not do much research do you?

Your statements could not be more wrong.

If there is no "maybe" then provide me the evidence.

I all ready have , numerous times in this thread....Reason why Fish Kills happen , other cases of Bird Kills , etc.....Tired of answering same questions over , and over , and over.....The answers are on this thread.

It wasn't a secret government spraying program, Martians or gas seeping out of the New Madrid fault that killed the 5,000 or so blackbirds that died New Year's Eve in Beebe, Ark. It was someone shooting off professional grade fireworks in a residential district, scaring the night-blind birds out of their roost into a 25-mph flight that ran them into houses, signs and even the ground, says Karen Rowe, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist.

"They were bouncing off houses, basketball backboards, trucks," she says.

Rowe made her observations Wednesday as Game and Fish officials got back further results from necropsies on the dead birds. The findings have given Rowe and others enough confidence in their original conclusions that they were having fun with some of the other theories floating about.

The not-so-mysterious saga began at about 10 p.m. New Year's Eve in the tiny town of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock.

"Someone shot off 10 to 12 professional-type fireworks near the roost," she says. Wayne Ballew, Beebe's chief of police, lives nearby. He reported that they "shook the windows on his house," she says.

Rowe has talked with residents who live in the neighborhood where the birds were found and they all reported the loud booms at that time.

At that point, the flock, which could easily numbers in the tens of thousands, took to the air.

It was actually composed of both red-winged blackbirds and European starlings, which commonly roost together.

Unfortunately for the birds, both blackbirds and starlings "have extremely limited night vision," says Robert Meese, an avian ecologist at the University of California-Davis who studies a related blackbird species.

In addition, neighbors were also setting off fireworks and bottle rockets, which further confused the birds who were now madly trying to get back to their safe perches, Rowe says.

"I talked to individuals who were outside when the birds started crashing into things," she says.After the birds took flight they would have been completely disoriented and flying at a high rate of speed, "most likely about 25 mph, given my experience with their cousins, the tricolored blackbird," Meese says.

They would have flown up into the air, then back down looking for a safe place to roost.

"This rapid descent of living birds crashing into these multiple obstacles then caused the loud noises reported by the residents of Beebe, especially those that flew into rooftops or walls of houses," Meese says. "This also accounts for the blunt force trauma to the breasts."

Perhaps most importantly, Meese says, the spatial distribution of the carcasses on the ground is what would be expected from a flock of blackbirds in flight, relatively close together and not scattered over many miles.

The necropsies performed by the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission found trauma to the chest, hemorrhages to the chest and the leading edge of the birds' wings broken, Rowe says.

"What seems like a deep mystery likely is not, and if this had occurred out in the middle of a wheat or corn field instead of in a suburban area, we'd probably never have been aware of it," Meese says.

State officials originally put the number of birds dead at around 3,000, but a more systematic count, and estimates of those taken by scavengers, puts it closer to 5,000, Rowe says.

The story of dead blackbirds raining down from the sky in a small Arkansas town, hitting as it did on a slow news week, caused a huge stir that still surprises state officials.

"I'm keeping a list of the most bizarre theories," Rowe says. So far they include:

• Aliens

• Noxious gases seeping out of the nearby New Madrid fault, cause of a massive earthquake in the area in 1812

• Sonic booms

• Fumes from a gas plant in Mississippi

• The government spraying poison over Beebe

And Meese adds these:

• Black helicopters (covert, unmarked military aircraft)

• Tornadoes

But it's taught Rowe that she and other wildlife experts need to do a better job of educating the public about the fact that wild animals die all the time. A bird that manages to hatch and leave the nest still has only a 70% chance of making it to its first birthday, she points out.

"Birds don't go to the bird hospital and get put on life support and die there. They just die. Mother Nature is not a nice lady," she says.

My link

There is the LATEST News.....From Fish and Game......

I believe the others to be Weather , and I am now convinced Fireworks /and Weather are the causes , all ways have been.

How much more evidence do we need?

Will anyone even bother reading this?

The director of Cornell University's ornithology lab in Ithaca, N.Y., said the most likely suspect is violent weather. It's probable that thousands of birds were asleep, roosting in a single tree, when a "washing machine-type thunderstorm" sucked them up into the air, disoriented them, and even fatally soaked and chilled them.

"Bad weather can occasionally catch flocks off guard, blow them off a roost, and they get hurled up suddenly into this thundercloud," lab director John Fitzpatrick said.

There are estimates that more than 1,000 birds had fallen before midnight. The birds were found in an area that is 1 mile long and 1/2 of a mile wide. No birds were found outside of this area.

birdkill.gif

The radar image, above (left), shows thunderstorms departing the region around Beebe, Arkansas, just before the birds plummeted to the ground there. Although freely available archived lightning data is unavailable near Beebe,
in the path of the same complex of storms (east of Beebe) in northern Alabama indicates the storms were producing a lot of electricity.

There is a precedent for lightning-related bird deaths in Arkansas. According to the
, lightning killed ducks at Hot Springs in 2001 and hail knocked birds from the sky at Stuttgart in 1973 on the day before hunting season.

IS this enough yet?......More?.....

Edited by Sakari

If that is the case how do you explain bees dying and literally hundreds of species dissapearing every year.

Die offs and extinctions have happened long before man was ever on the scene. While it is fairly certain that man has been the cause of extinctions and may even be the cause of some of these recent events, mother nature is certainly a force to consider. Consider the largest extinction event in history, man wasn't even around then. While recent events may seem alarming I'm not so sure that it's time for an 'alarmist' stance just yet.

i wonder if it has anything to do with genetically modified food. but that is a **** load of animals to die in such a short time frame in the same areas, but still i wonder if it ties in, because genetically modified food cross pollinates with organic crops, and turns them gmo to, i think these occurrences have to do with GMO's because think of how the bees are disappearing all over the place a lot of that is caused by chemicals like "roundup" made by a company called monsanto who also makes these genetic seeds that self destruct after the first harvest, it has to be bad for the planet and its inhabitants, animals are more readily effected by this food, and when they have the choice they never pick gmo food, they only pick organic, unless of course thy have no choice and are forced to eat that ****.

Yes there has been a report on this and they are beginning to believe that these seeds are responsible for bees dying out.

It was also on the Kaiser Report and wiki leaks how countries are forced to use these seeds or suffer, they menioned "monsanto" by name.

In the wiki leek the usa government were looking to get back at France for refusing to use these genetically modifies seeds.

And these seeds have shown to have really bad health risks when used on rodents (mammals like us)

Anyway

Just goes to show man messing the planet up (again)

In this instance it was through greed.

I all ready have , numerous times in this thread....Reason why Fish Kills happen , other cases of Bird Kills , etc.....Tired of answering same questions over , and over , and over.....The answers are on this thread.

It wasn't a secret government spraying program, Martians or gas seeping out of the New Madrid fault that killed the 5,000 or so blackbirds that died New Year's Eve in Beebe, Ark. It was someone shooting off professional grade fireworks in a residential district, scaring the night-blind birds out of their roost into a 25-mph flight that ran them into houses, signs and even the ground, says Karen Rowe, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist.

Rowe made her observations Wednesday as Game and Fish officials got back further results from necropsies on the dead birds. The findings have given Rowe and others enough confidence in their original conclusions that they were having fun with some of the other theories floating about.

My link

I believe the others to be Weather , and I am now convinced Fireworks /and Weather are the causes , all ways have been.

If you really believe all the explanations you are given such as fireworks then we have nothing else to discuss.

My link

What about Fish and countries like China, Brazil, United Kingdom, Italy, New Zeland, Thailand, Sweden? And yet not all of them had lightning

What about Fish and countries like China, Brazil, United Kingdom, Italy, New Zeland, Thailand, Sweden? And yet not all of them had lightning

Can we take one instance at a time?

Funny , I go and show facts , show it happens , and has happened before....I show this one has a cause , and it was not strange....

So now " what about here "....

IT HAPPENS EVERYWHERE....Come on , please read , research....Help me to help you....

Go back and re-read it again , especially the bolded part.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197848&view=findpost&p=3725635

Die offs and extinctions have happened long before man was ever on the scene. While it is fairly certain that man has been the cause of extinctions and may even be the cause of some of these recent events, mother nature is certainly a force to consider. Consider the largest extinction event in history, man wasn't even around then. While recent events may seem alarming I'm not so sure that it's time for an 'alarmist' stance just yet.

Yes true extinctions have had happened prior to mans arival.

But that has been "mother natures" way.

It seems MN does better without us and although we are the top animal on this planet the major threat is ourselves.

40000 Devil Crabs Off Kent (Britain). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344242/40-000-devil-crabs-washed-British-beach-freezing-conditions-hypothermia.html#ixzz1AAXve9Uk Yeah, now I'm a little concerned. This time it's supposedly hypothermia, but I think it was fireworks tongue.gif

(Sorry if that's been brought up, but since this thread exploded, didn't feel like going back 10 pages. World Juniors are starting!!! (Go Canada!!)

If you really believe all the explanations you are given such as fireworks then we have nothing else to discuss.

I have show PLENTY of evidence , from Educated people in this field....Plenty , to support and show that case was fireworks....Did you read all of it?...Witnesses?....

Start showing me equal evidence supporting it was not fireworks ad / or weather ......Please.

Credible , like mine is , form Fish and Game , or educated people in this field.

Should one believe all of the explanations that have Merit , or the few explanations that have none?

I swear , I am going to have a annurism on this forum.