Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

Poison in the atmosphere released by some biochemical plant?

that covers several states and countries and some a planet apart.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

last night i was thinking things over about the bird deaths and 1+1 fit here is my idea that i went hog wild in researching last night. these are marsh feeding birds that do not fly at night and migrate together in huge flock numbers doesnt anyone think its weird that all the areas where they were link up by waterways to the gulf oil spill? just the other day they were saying there are finding the chemical dispersant used called corexit in the crab/fish/shrimp larvae all throughout that area,if anyone googles corexit it is a food chain destroying chemical we are on the food chain

"The Tulane scientists found traces of what appeared to be the dispersant Clorexit ... indicate COREXIT now in blue crab larvae from Florida to Texas; ... Sampling of shrimp, menhaden “could forewarn of uglier days ahead"

blackenedzodiac: http://education.usace.army.mil/navigation/lessons/4/images/watwaysUS.gif

just an idea guys throwing it out there

thats exactly what i was thinking, i've seen videos about it, and people said even they were being effected by the dispersant. so its not far fetched at all to think this could be the cause, or at least one of the causes.

For the record (always wanted to say that) it is the media that made some wild accusations to begin the process... fireworks, hail etc. The scientists have really said nothing that indicates a real cause yet. We do not live in CSI world where someone throws a dead bird on the table and says what killed this bird, I will be back after lunch. You can barely get the equipment warm in that time. There was hesitation on the part of many biologist that are dealing with these birds and most likely of all these dead birds one will be infected with something that could be transmitted. This may not be what caused the mass deaths but it is still there and active. I would say the caution with the initial examination until disease is ruled out then it becomes a chemical and mechanical trauma hunt. And as stated above there are more than a few people working on this now. There is no reason to storm the castle just yet. If a reasonable explanation is not had by the end of next week then there should be serious inquiry.

For the record (always wanted to say that) it is the media that made some wild accusations to begin the process... fireworks, hail etc. The scientists have really said nothing that indicates a real cause yet. We do not live in CSI world where someone throws a dead bird on the table and says what killed this bird, I will be back after lunch. You can barely get the equipment warm in that time. There was hesitation on the part of many biologist that are dealing with these birds and most likely of all these dead birds one will be infected with something that could be transmitted. This may not be what caused the mass deaths but it is still there and active. I would say the caution with the initial examination until disease is ruled out then it becomes a chemical and mechanical trauma hunt. And as stated above there are more than a few people working on this now. There is no reason to storm the castle just yet. If a reasonable explanation is not had by the end of next week then there should be serious inquiry.

It has been answered...I am staying on this like flies on $#^^ .......I posted it once , I will post it again , please read it all very carefully , I will bold highlight , but all of it needs to be read...:)

This came out about 2 hours ago.

It wasn't a secret government spraying program, Martians or gas seeping out of the New Madrid fault that killed the 5,000 or so blackbirds that died New Year's Eve in Beebe, Ark. It was someone shooting off professional grade fireworks in a residential district, scaring the night-blind birds out of their roost into a 25-mph flight that ran them into houses, signs and even the ground, says Karen Rowe, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist.

"They were bouncing off houses, basketball backboards, trucks," she says.

Rowe made her observations Wednesday as Game and Fish officials got back further results from necropsies on the dead birds. The findings have given Rowe and others enough confidence in their original conclusions that they were having fun with some of the other theories floating about.

Separate bird deaths were also reported this week in Louisiana, where 450 died, and in Kentucky last week, where hundreds more were found dead.

LOUISIANA DEATHS: Louisiana has mass bird deaths just days after Arkansas BIRD KILL: Trauma cited in mysterious Ark. bird kill The not-so-mysterious saga began at about 10 p.m. New Year's Eve in the tiny town of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock.

"Someone shot off 10 to 12 professional-type fireworks near the roost," she says. Wayne Ballew, Beebe's chief of police, lives nearby. He reported that they "shook the windows on his house," she says.

Rowe has talked with residents who live in the neighborhood where the birds were found and they all reported the loud booms at that time.

At that point, the flock, which could easily numbers in the tens of thousands, took to the air.

It was actually composed of both red-winged blackbirds and European starlings, which commonly roost together.

Unfortunately for the birds, both blackbirds and starlings "have extremely limited night vision," says Robert Meese, an avian ecologist at the University of California-Davis who studies a related blackbird species.

In addition, neighbors were also setting off fireworks and bottle rockets, which further confused the birds who were now madly trying to get back to their safe perches, Rowe says.

"I talked to individuals who were outside when the birds started crashing into things," she says.After the birds took flight they would have been completely disoriented and flying at a high rate of speed, "most likely about 25 mph, given my experience with their cousins, the tricolored blackbird," Meese says.

They would have flown up into the air, then back down looking for a safe place to roost.

"This rapid descent of living birds crashing into these multiple obstacles then caused the loud noises reported by the residents of Beebe, especially those that flew into rooftops or walls of houses," Meese says. "This also accounts for the blunt force trauma to the breasts."

Perhaps most importantly, Meese says, the spatial distribution of the carcasses on the ground is what would be expected from a flock of blackbirds in flight, relatively close together and not scattered over many miles.

The necropsies performed by the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission found trauma to the chest, hemorrhages to the chest and the leading edge of the birds' wings broken, Rowe says.

"What seems like a deep mystery likely is not, and if this had occurred out in the middle of a wheat or corn field instead of in a suburban area, we'd probably never have been aware of it," Meese says.

State officials originally put the number of birds dead at around 3,000, but a more systematic count, and estimates of those taken by scavengers, puts it closer to 5,000, Rowe says.

The story of dead blackbirds raining down from the sky in a small Arkansas town, hitting as it did on a slow news week, caused a huge stir that still surprises state officials.

"I'm keeping a list of the most bizarre theories," Rowe says. So far they include:

• Aliens

• Noxious gases seeping out of the nearby New Madrid fault, cause of a massive earthquake in the area in 1812

• Sonic booms

• Fumes from a gas plant in Mississippi

• The government spraying poison over Beebe

And Meese adds these:

• Black helicopters (covert, unmarked military aircraft)

• Tornadoes

But it's taught Rowe that she and other wildlife experts need to do a better job of educating the public about the fact that wild animals die all the time. A bird that manages to hatch and leave the nest still has only a 70% chance of making it to its first birthday, she points out.

"Birds don't go to the bird hospital and get put on life support and die there. They just die. Mother Nature is not a nice lady," she says.

Arkansas Bird Kill Solved

Edited by Sakari

Hi folks- delurking for this topic because I was living in southeastern Kansas in 1977 & remember a huge number of redwing blackbirds dying on the wing and falling to earth literally for days. There was an enormous migration of these birds filling the sky for just over 3 days & untold thousands dropped dead.

I sat on my neighbors spilt rail fence and sang McCartneys' "Blackbird" to myself over & over.

It was nearly impossible to cross the backyard w/o stepping on dead birds. At the time the explanation was that the birds were literally starving to death in the sky because there were so many of them that there was not enough food to sustain them for the length of the migration. It was messy and horrible & we had to carry umbrellas to avoid being hit on the head during the worst day. It only made the local news and as far as I know no one gave it another thought when it stopped.

Very odd that it is happening again in the same general area of the country and once again it's just the blackbirds that seem to be affected. Does anyone else out there remember this event in the mid to late 1970's?

Hi folks- delurking for this topic because I was living in southeastern Kansas in 1977 & remember a huge number of redwing blackbirds dying on the wing and falling to earth literally for days. There was an enormous migration of these birds filling the sky for just over 3 days & untold thousands dropped dead.

I sat on my neighbors spilt rail fence and sang McCartneys' "Blackbird" to myself over & over.

It was nearly impossible to cross the backyard w/o stepping on dead birds. At the time the explanation was that the birds were literally starving to death in the sky because there were so many of them that there was not enough food to sustain them for the length of the migration. It was messy and horrible & we had to carry umbrellas to avoid being hit on the head during the worst day. It only made the local news and as far as I know no one gave it another thought when it stopped.

Very odd that it is happening again in the same general area of the country and once again it's just the blackbirds that seem to be affected. Does anyone else out there remember this event in the mid to late 1970's?

No , but Thank You for pointing out this has happened before , and does happen.

The Arkansas kill has been solved , look above your last reply :)

Usually no one does pay attention until they are hit on the head or the smell begins to be so bad they have to leave. Yes birds and animals die all the time naturally but not usually in mass and in the middle of towns, but in silence by the millions at the base of cell phone towers, wind turbines, electrical high lines... I was thinking of how many thousands of birds lay in the woods between the Louisiana and Arkansas sites. I have been in the forest and woods a considerable amount of time and do not remember once coming upon a group of dead animals of any kind. I suppose some folks have a the luck.

To me a 1000 birds just dont fall out of the sky with physical trauma. You haft to wonder if they didnt fly into something cloaked.

good idea :unsure2:

I suppose it's possible for there to be contamination in the waterways. I'm not sure the effects of such a contamination fit with the events as described. It would affect more than just one species of bird or fish for one thing, and the death rate would likely be more random, as in animals slowly dying over a period of time due to various exposures to the contaminant. If a contaminant was lethal enough to kill 5000 birds over the span of a few hours there would be cause for a national emergency in my opinion.

Edit: welcome to UM by the way. :tu:

good point! :tu: and thank you for the welcome. but as i said these types of birds flock together, eat together, sleep together ect in mass numbers they could have at anytime ate the same thing..js it is intresting though that even after the first ones where found and they said was fireworks that they still used hazmat suits :unsure2: for retrieval

Edited by NOS

good point! :tu: and thank you for the welcome. but as i said these types of birds flock together, eat together, sleep together ect in mass numbers they could have at anytime ate the same thing..js it is intresting though that even after the first ones where found and they said was fireworks that they still used hazmat suits :unsure2: for retrieval

The Hazmat suits , that is a must in their job , it is a " safety " precaution that is a written rule , kind of like when I did bridge work , if I did not wear my Safety Harness , I would lose my job , but when ODOT ( Oregon Dept. of Transportation ) came in for inspections , they did not have to wear them......

It is " protocol" , or as I say " Lawsuit Avoidance " ...

At that time they did not know the cause , now they do...

trust me , the people wearing them would have not worn them if they had a choice.

Edited by Sakari

The Hazmat suits , that is a must in their job , it is a " safety " precaution that is a written rule , kind of like when I did bridge work , if I did not wear my Safety Harness , I would lose my job , but when ODOT ( Oregon Dept. of Transportation ) came in for inspections , they did not have to wear them......

It is " protocol" , or as I say " Lawsuit Avoidance " ...

At that time they did not know the cause , now they do...

trust me , the people wearing them would have not worn them if they had a choice.

What i do not get though is why did something simular happen in sweden? i could see an isolated incident in the first state but why the others? and then sweden, some people are speculating solar flares wich i think is redundant because a solar flare would have killed other things then just birds

What i do not get though is why did something simular happen in sweden? i could see an isolated incident in the first state but why the others? and then sweden, some people are speculating solar flares wich i think is redundant because a solar flare would have killed other things then just birds

Unless we have a seperate topic for each incident , it is hard to explain here and stay on topic....Sweden from what I am seeing so far is Weather related ( I am still looking )...

All I can say is what I have been saying , this happens , it has happened , and it will happen....Take away this incident of the Fireworks , and none of us would have even heard of the rest.....Yes , this many this close is rare , but not un-heard of....

Just like this incident , they all have rational explanations.( took 22 pages to get most to see that here though )

yeah it is definitely far fetched but do you have a better explanation?

I don't expect an explanation. My people have been prophesying about these times since before I was born. I'm eagerly going into these days ahead without fear not because I expect everyone to die or anything like that but because what the entire world is going to experience is going to radically transform our lives and the way we relate with one another. According to my people (Plains Cree), in no order of importance:

1) The complete financial collapse of the world. means what it says. Money will soon mean nothing - zilch. All those dollars people have been stashing away for years in preparation for their retirement? Gone.

2) Forced relocation due to everchanging weather and climate. People's living quarters are going to soon be a whole ot more cramped.

3) The return of the star people. No brainer. Aliens, man. One of these days, there will be no more debunkers or skeptics - ever.

And on the other end of all this? Light. happiness. Real prosperity - not based on financial, business, and political malarkey.

So I'm quite comfortable with having no explanation at all.

I don't expect an explanation. My people have been prophesying about these times since before I was born. I'm eagerly going into these days ahead without fear not because I expect everyone to die or anything like that but because what the entire world is going to experience is going to radically transform our lives and the way we relate with one another. According to my people (Plains Cree), in no order of importance:

1) The complete financial collapse of the world. means what it says. Money will soon mean nothing - zilch. All those dollars people have been stashing away for years in preparation for their retirement? Gone.

2) Forced relocation due to everchanging weather and climate. People's living quarters are going to soon be a whole ot more cramped.

3) The return of the star people. No brainer. Aliens, man. One of these days, there will be no more debunkers or skeptics - ever.

And on the other end of all this? Light. happiness. Real prosperity - not based on financial, business, and political malarkey.

So I'm quite comfortable with having no explanation at all.

And Fireworks were " far fetched " :no:

Remember what you posted back a few?.....I guess now is the time ? :)

Sakari, the Debunker's Believers Field Tactician's Handbook states that you're using the subject derision and diversion tactic far too early in the thread.
Edited by Sakari

Whats the date today jan 5th and we still have geese migrating south and we have had some good cold spells. No dead birds but massive flocks still thinking it's fall lol

No idea what caused all these bird droppings opps birds falling out of the sky but I think it maybe due to pilot error and until I see or hear more I will reserve my comment on invisible mother ships for another thread :)

Ok birds that flock together crash together and if a few trees of spooked birds run around like a chicken with there heads cut off it is possible they just didn't pull up in time.

This has been a very interesting thread and I do hope to see a sound answer as to way there were so many locals that this happened in.

And Fireworks were " far fetched " :no:

I'd say 'mark my words' but the reality is that these words have been spoken for well over a hundred years by virtually every Indigenous nation on the planet. Now we see what is happening as the fruition of these predictions. Heck - even the Bible has told of these days.

It's nothing to fear though. Look, you just had over a hundred days of oil spilled into the oceans. Obviously that alone is a ticking time bomb that WILL severely affect the world's food supply and ecosystems. There is so much going on these days that it's almost pointless to try to keep up to date with it all. My people say that the best thing to do is to stay grounded, take care of loved ones, hope and pray, and have some faith. This isn't the first time the Earth has gone through this, so why be afraid?

Edited by DigitalSentinal

Whats the date today jan 5th and we still have geese migrating south and we have had some good cold spells. No dead birds but massive flocks still thinking it's fall lol

No idea what caused all these bird droppings opps birds falling out of the sky but I think it maybe due to pilot error and until I see or hear more I will reserve my comment on invisible mother ships for another thread :)

Ok birds that flock together crash together and if a few trees of spooked birds run around like a chicken with there heads cut off it is possible they just didn't pull up in time.

This has been a very interesting thread and I do hope to see a sound answer as to way there were so many locals that this happened in.

You did see the latest report that I posted several times , right?

It explains Arkansas kill , done deal....

As I stated earlier , need a topic for each one , to hard to keep track with all in one topic , each one is different.....

If you did not read it , please go back and look , I think you will agree , this is closed , done deal.....

I'd say 'mark my words' but the reality is that these words have been spoken for well over a hundred years by virtually every Indigenous nation on the planet. Now we see what is happening as the fruition of these predictions. Heck - even the Bible has told of these days.

It's nothing to fear though. Look, you just had over a hundred days of oil spilled into the oceans. Obviously that alone is a ticking time bomb that WILL severely affect the world's food supply and ecosystems. There is so much going on these days that it's almost pointless to try to keep up to date with it all. My people say that the best thing to do is to stay grounded, take care of loved ones, hope and pray, and have some faith. This isn't the first time the Earth has gone through this, so why be afraid?

I like that :tu:

And , truly , only those that are afraid do not know where they are going :yes:

If they did , they would be looking forward to it , not afraid of it.

You did see the latest report that I posted several times , right?

It explains Arkansas kill , done deal....

As I stated earlier , need a topic for each one , to hard to keep track with all in one topic , each one is different.....

If you did not read it , please go back and look , I think you will agree , this is closed , done deal.....

I think you are getting ahead of yourself but hey, who am I to argue lol Sure you have Arkansas explained and as far as the others, I'm sure it will be explained in a completely logical manner ;)

thats all you really can do, i think alot of the chaos happens to be because of the 2012 agenda..mayan calnder doomsday stuff at least that helps sum up some of the hysteria, just remeber to follow the money and the facts :rofl:

Realistically, maybe we just have better news coverage or the internet and these things have been happening for a very long time and we just never knew about it before but now that we do it scares us? Just food for thought. It struck me as strange too but it might be mother nature just cleaning the chaff from the wheat all at one time?? Ok, still strikes me as strange...

I like that :tu:

And , truly , only those that are afraid do not know where they are going :yes:

If they did , they would be looking forward to it , not afraid of it.

Oh for cryin out loud. Your not one of those that believe the rapture is going to happen on may 21st are you lol

Alot of people my age are coughing the dead birds up to a coming apocalypse. And, all I can say is that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing. No matter how much truth you feed these people they'll just keep coming back with "proof" of their apocalypse. :no: It's tiresome, but at least there are some people with level heads, like some of you on here. :tu:

I think Sakari has it explained with the article he posted. ;)

And let's not forget that the word 'Apocalypse' means 'lifting of the veil' or 'revelation', not 'the end of the world'.

Alot of people my age are coughing the dead birds up to a coming apocalypse. And, all I can say is that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing. No matter how much truth you feed these people they'll just keep coming back with "proof" of their apocalypse. :no: It's tiresome, but at least there are some people with level heads, like some of you on here. :tu:

I think Sakari has it explained with the article he posted. ;)

Just remember the last time god did something like this only Noah's family were spared ;)

Don't worry the world will go on and there will be no rapture no horsemen no 2012 doomsday and no apocalypse. It's hype with nothing and I mean nothing to back any of it. There is a logical explanation so please don't buy into the fear. Fear is a tool used by many and I can spot it a mile away and I can track it as straight as a crow fly's pardon the pun.

Let's not turn this into an end of times thread as it serves no purpose.