Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

Realistically, maybe we just have better news coverage or the internet and these things have been happening for a very long time and we just never knew about it before but now that we do it scares us? Just food for thought. It struck me as strange too but it might be mother nature just cleaning the chaff from the wheat all at one time?? Ok, still strikes me as strange...

good point there, the net is a new device relatively in the scheme of mankinds existance (as we are taught ) with it came quicker news, quicker speaking, no distance at all!! is too far, information in a blink of an eye at our fingertips a giant overflowing resveoir of knowledge as well as gibberish.. so yeah this kind of thing has happened before( as a witness who lived there(one of the states) said earlier in this thread has said the birds died before for 3 days or something) and prolly will happen again but now in this time frame its omg to us and we want to know why and as we want to know why, our brains will ponder the details til our minds are at rest with a answer suitable to the masses we could always blame aliens in the end.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And let's not forget that the word 'Apocalypse' means 'lifting of the veil' or 'revelation', not 'the end of the world'.

yep yep exactly dig!

Edited by NOS

And let's not forget that the word 'Apocalypse' means 'lifting of the veil' or 'revelation', not 'the end of the world'.

and

The term also can refer to the eschatological final battle, the Armageddon, and the idea of an end of the world. In Christianity The Apocalypse of John is the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Christian Bible.

and

The term also can refer to the eschatological final battle, the Armageddon, and the idea of an end of the world. In Christianity The Apocalypse of John is the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Christian Bible.

Yep, but the 'world' doesn't necessarily equate with 'planet'. In our own vocabulary, we use the word 'world' in terms such as: "the world of politics, or economics, religion, sociology, sports, art, etc". To me anyhow, the "end of the World" means the end of an age - most likely Pisces, with Aquarius going on.

I love how everyone believes reports, it's funny, considering to begin with, the reports made it seem like the fish thing happened on new years too, but it actually happened the week before. I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but fireworks isn't one. I heard them explain what supposedly happened on television, and it was as ridiculous as saying aliens did it.

Edited by kelunexplained

Just remember the last time god did something like this only Noah's family were spared ;)

Don't worry the world will go on and there will be no rapture no horsemen no 2012 doomsday and no apocalypse. It's hype with nothing and I mean nothing to back any of it. There is a logical explanation so please don't buy into the fear. Fear is a tool used by many and I can spot it a mile away and I can track it as straight as a crow fly's pardon the pun.

Let's not turn this into an end of times thread as it serves no purpose.

I wasn't trying to, believe me. :rofl: I don't buy into any of their nonsense. I am to logical and grounded for it.

I wasn't trying to, believe me. :rofl: I don't buy into any of their nonsense. I am to logical and grounded for it.

Good for you and I mean that :yes:

Yep, but the 'world' doesn't necessarily equate with 'planet'. In our own vocabulary, we use the word 'world' in terms such as: "the world of politics, or economics, religion, sociology, sports, art, etc". To me anyhow, the "end of the World" means the end of an age - most likely Pisces, with Aquarius going on.

I can't really see that. Astrology tells us nothing. The end of an age such as the end of the Roman empire, the Soviet Union, the U.S. none of that means what it does in the bible.

We have seen ufo explanations, a murdered republican testing gas, fireworks, lightning, hail. However I'm backing the confused bird angle. As far as all these others coming to light I find that interesting but I think because of Arkansas we have dug up other events that would otherwise go un noticed.

Well, astrologically speaking, the 2012 period is definitely the end of an age - the age of Pisces. I was specifically referring to the Procession of the Equinoxes and its measurement rather than purely astrology itself.

Edited by DigitalSentinal

Realistically, maybe we just have better news coverage or the internet and these things have been happening for a very long time and we just never knew about it before but now that we do it scares us? Just food for thought. It struck me as strange too but it might be mother nature just cleaning the chaff from the wheat all at one time?? Ok, still strikes me as strange...

And , as I said , if this fireworks thing had not happened , I highly doubt we would have heard of the other bird kills....

Oh for cryin out loud. Your not one of those that believe the rapture is going to happen on may 21st are you lol

You know be better than that , you have seen my replies :)

Alot of people my age are coughing the dead birds up to a coming apocalypse. And, all I can say is that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing. No matter how much truth you feed these people they'll just keep coming back with "proof" of their apocalypse. :no: It's tiresome, but at least there are some people with level heads, like some of you on here. :tu:

I think Sakari has it explained with the article he posted. ;)

You are right , and Thank You for reading the article , I wish everyone would ( see below )

I love how everyone believes reports, it's funny, considering to begin with, the reports made it seem like the fish thing happened on new years too, but it actually happened the week before. I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but fireworks isn't one. I heard them explain what supposedly happened on television, and it was as ridiculous as saying aliens did it.

Uhm , those words don't taste good do they?.....They were Fireworks , I will , again , post the report for you , go back if you want the link to it....Here ya go...

It wasn't a secret government spraying program, Martians or gas seeping out of the New Madrid fault that killed the 5,000 or so blackbirds that died New Year's Eve in Beebe, Ark. It was someone shooting off professional grade fireworks in a residential district, scaring the night-blind birds out of their roost into a 25-mph flight that ran them into houses, signs and even the ground, says Karen Rowe, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist.

"They were bouncing off houses, basketball backboards, trucks," she says.

Rowe made her observations Wednesday as Game and Fish officials got back further results from necropsies on the dead birds. The findings have given Rowe and others enough confidence in their original conclusions that they were having fun with some of the other theories floating about.

Separate bird deaths were also reported this week in Louisiana, where 450 died, and in Kentucky last week, where hundreds more were found dead.

LOUISIANA DEATHS: Louisiana has mass bird deaths just days after Arkansas BIRD KILL: Trauma cited in mysterious Ark. bird kill The not-so-mysterious saga began at about 10 p.m. New Year's Eve in the tiny town of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock.

"Someone shot off 10 to 12 professional-type fireworks near the roost," she says. Wayne Ballew, Beebe's chief of police, lives nearby. He reported that they "shook the windows on his house," she says.

Rowe has talked with residents who live in the neighborhood where the birds were found and they all reported the loud booms at that time.

At that point, the flock, which could easily numbers in the tens of thousands, took to the air.

It was actually composed of both red-winged blackbirds and European starlings, which commonly roost together.

Unfortunately for the birds, both blackbirds and starlings "have extremely limited night vision," says Robert Meese, an avian ecologist at the University of California-Davis who studies a related blackbird species.

In addition, neighbors were also setting off fireworks and bottle rockets, which further confused the birds who were now madly trying to get back to their safe perches, Rowe says.

"I talked to individuals who were outside when the birds started crashing into things," she says.After the birds took flight they would have been completely disoriented and flying at a high rate of speed, "most likely about 25 mph, given my experience with their cousins, the tricolored blackbird," Meese says.

They would have flown up into the air, then back down looking for a safe place to roost.

"This rapid descent of living birds crashing into these multiple obstacles then caused the loud noises reported by the residents of Beebe, especially those that flew into rooftops or walls of houses," Meese says. "This also accounts for the blunt force trauma to the breasts."

Perhaps most importantly, Meese says, the spatial distribution of the carcasses on the ground is what would be expected from a flock of blackbirds in flight, relatively close together and not scattered over many miles.

The necropsies performed by the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission found trauma to the chest, hemorrhages to the chest and the leading edge of the birds' wings broken, Rowe says.

"What seems like a deep mystery likely is not, and if this had occurred out in the middle of a wheat or corn field instead of in a suburban area, we'd probably never have been aware of it," Meese says.

State officials originally put the number of birds dead at around 3,000, but a more systematic count, and estimates of those taken by scavengers, puts it closer to 5,000, Rowe says.

The story of dead blackbirds raining down from the sky in a small Arkansas town, hitting as it did on a slow news week, caused a huge stir that still surprises state officials.

"I'm keeping a list of the most bizarre theories," Rowe says. So far they include:

• Aliens

• Noxious gases seeping out of the nearby New Madrid fault, cause of a massive earthquake in the area in 1812

• Sonic booms

• Fumes from a gas plant in Mississippi

• The government spraying poison over Beebe

And Meese adds these:

• Black helicopters (covert, unmarked military aircraft)

• Tornadoes

But it's taught Rowe that she and other wildlife experts need to do a better job of educating the public about the fact that wild animals die all the time. A bird that manages to hatch and leave the nest still has only a 70% chance of making it to its first birthday, she points out.

"Birds don't go to the bird hospital and get put on life support and die there. They just die. Mother Nature is not a nice lady," she says.

Arkansas Bird Kill Solved

Well the fish thing that happened here in New Zealand happened the day after new Years Day

Blackbirds keep fallin' on my head

And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed

Nothin' seems to fit

Those blackbirds are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun

And I said I didn't like the way he got things done

Sleepin' on the job

Those blackbirds are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know

The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

blackbirds keep fallin' on my head

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red

Cryin's not for me

'Cause I'm never gonna stop the flock by complainin'

Because I'm free

Nothin's worryin' me

[trumpet]

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red

Cryin's not for me

'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'

Because I'm free

Nothin's worryin' me

LOL Sakari I do know you better then that. I was just a bit surprised you took a religious prophecy angle and claimed that during the rapture people would know where they are going. That was not your norm.

Edited by The Silver Thong

LOL Sakari I do know you better then that. I was just a bit surprised you took a religious prophecy angle and claimed that during the rapture people would know where they are going. That was not your norm.

Ya...

Not to get this subject off base again , but I have been wondering during dinner ( I have a boring life right now , yes I think of topics here ) about a few things....

So , 5,000 birds and some fish dying is a sign of the Apacolypse..

The Holocaust ( 11 - 17 Million people died ).........Ah , no big deal......

Was just a thought.........

Ok , back on the topic of Fireworks did kill Arkansas birds.....

;) we are on the same page. :innocent: Edited by The Silver Thong

I wouldn't worry about the Apocalypse. The Bible is untrue, so. Even if you did go by The Bible, the apocalypse it talks about was referring to the end of that age within The Bible.

The only way that we know of that the Earth could end is by the sun exploding, which is billions of years off.

Edited by Makazradon

Bunch of dead birds in Texas now....This time hit by cars? http://www.kltv.com/....asp?S=13787277

No offense , but I am sure you read the article, it states very clear that this is normal...Almost makes it look like you were reaching there :tu:

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Media Communication Director, Tom Harvey, it is not uncommon to see dozens of dead birds on this bridge, including the American Coots here.

The Corps of Engineers office at Lake O' the Pines says they are not exactly sure why this happens, but it appears likely the birds are walking or roosting or flying on and around the bridge and many of them probably get hit and killed by motor vehicles.

The American Coots, which roost under the bridge, are prey for eagles and spook easily. When spooked they fly out from under the bridge in large masses, which explains why such a large number birds could be hit at one time.

Greg Conley, a TPWD staffer, said he has seen a similar situation involving multiple dead birds on bridges and roadways around Lake Fork. So, this appears to be a normal occurrence, not related to the Arkansas "birds falling from the sky" story.

I have a suggestion , lets just start a seperate thread for each State ,and one for Canada , Europe , and the UK.

Bird kills in California-

Bird Kills in Nebraska-

Bird Kills in Austria-

on and on.....

This way when a story does come out ( and it will ) we can have a appropriate thread that is ready to go....Why keep trying to make this one seem so strange when it is solved?

This is because of man made global warming.

Global warming lit the fireworks under the trees , that scared the roosting birds that can not see very well at night , that flew into houses and Basket Ball Backboards , and anything in their way?

Hmmmm....Didn't see that in the report.

I have a suggestion , lets just start a seperate thread for each State ,and one for Canada , Europe , and the UK.

Bird kills in California-

Bird Kills in Nebraska-

Bird Kills in Austria-

on and on.....

This way when a story does come out ( and it will ) we can have a appropriate thread that is ready to go....Why keep trying to make this one seem so strange when it is solved?

I agree that would be a good idea, but it seems we'd have a heck of a lot of threads rofl.gif

I recall somewhere a few pages ago you yourself admitted that it seems a little strange. That alone is enough to have me worried. lol (kidding)wink2.gif

Dead birds in Sweden now.

A large number of dead birds were found in the city of Falkoping, Sweden, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, according to a press release on the website of the Swedish National Veterinary Institute.

Autopsies were performed on five of the birds. The institute said they died due to "sudden, hard external blows," according to the press release. They had no signs of infection or other illnesses, and there were no external signs indicating what killed them.

"We have determined that the birds have died from severe internal bleedings caused by external blows," said the Institute's Marianne Elvander.

DeadBirdsSwedenCNN

okay guys things just got worse.... :unsure2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/05/dead-birds-fall-from-sky-_n_804591.html

Millions of dead fish surfaced in Maryland's Chesapeake Bay in the U.S., Tuesday, while similar unexplained mass fish deaths occurred across the world in Brazil and New Zealand The Baltimore Sun reports that an estimated 2 million fish were found dead in the Chesapeake Bay, 100 tons of sardines, croaker and catfish have washed up in Brazilian fishing towns since last Thursday. New Zealand, hundreds of dead snapper fish washed up on Coromandel Peninsula beaches, many found with their eyes missing

http://www.suite101.com/content/earths-magnetic-fields-may-be-causing-bird-and-fish-die-off-a328353

Italy claims a "massacre" of fish, clams, and crabs over Christmas, but blame nearby industries. Similar fishkills are being reported in other cities.

Earth's Magnetic Fields May Be Causing Bird and Fish Die-Off http://www.suite101.com/content/earths-magnetic-fields-may-be-causing-bird-and-fish-die-off-a328353#ixzz1AEtsO8Pp

Edited by NOS