Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

I don't believe this is the apocolypse, probably a new pesticide or "fireworks" or maybe the birds are freezing to death because winter seems to be coming later and later in certain areas.

But my question is.... didn't Nostridamus or another "prophet" claim black birds with "blood tipped wings" would fall from the sky, and fish would "boil in a river"? I can't remember exactly, but I'd like to find out. I think I read it online, or maybe saw something on the discovery channel.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dead birds in Sweden now.

A large number of dead birds were found in the city of Falkoping, Sweden, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, according to a press release on the website of the Swedish National Veterinary Institute.

Autopsies were performed on five of the birds. The institute said they died due to "sudden, hard external blows," according to the press release. They had no signs of infection or other illnesses, and there were no external signs indicating what killed them.

"We have determined that the birds have died from severe internal bleedings caused by external blows," said the Institute's Marianne Elvander.

DeadBirdsSwedenCNN

that's strange according to Norwegian newspapers the birds died of internal bleeding with no external injuries at all.

How can fireworks be resonposiable for one species? if it was fireworks, then how come this wasnt reported in 2010,2009,2008,2007 etc?

What do YOU want us to believe?....Since you are so all mighty and say they are Liars , can you again show me documentation stating it was not fireworks and / or weather?.....I gave you documents from Fish and Game ( University Educated People ) that show every reason why it WAS fireworks.....

Because people ( most ) want to believe facts , that makes them "sheeple".....

Not taking in facts , and ignoring them is pretty ignorant.....

This topic and others , and other things I hear about shows me even more that Mother Nature ( not fireworks for this one ), needs to slim down the human population , quite a bit....

Oh , again for those that have not seen the buried evidence , here it is :)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197848&st=285&p=3725635entry3725635

Ok Hot shot

Give us an explanation for EVERY single incident around the globe.

You did see the latest report that I posted several times , right?

It explains Arkansas kill , done deal....

As I stated earlier , need a topic for each one , to hard to keep track with all in one topic , each one is different.....

If you did not read it , please go back and look , I think you will agree , this is closed , done deal.....

OK government Shill

Kentucky

QTY < 100

Type: Small Birds (not Stated)

Suspected Cause Cold Stress

Actual Cause : Unknown

[link to www.wpsdlocal6.com]

Louisiana

QTY 500

Type: Starlings and Blackbirds

Suspected Cause : Weather

Actual: Unknown

Links:

[link to theintelhub.com]

[link to www.wbrz.com]

Arkansas

QTY ~5000

Type: Blackbird, Starling, Grackle

Suspected Cause : weather/fireworks

Links:

[link to www.eturbonews.com]

[link to www.theglobeandmail.com]

Arizona

QTY >65

Type: Bats

Suspected cause : Weather

[link to www.azcentral.com]

Illinois

QTY: 50-100

Links:

[link to www.associatedcontent.com]

East Texas

QTY: 100's

Suspected Cause: birds got hit by motor vehicles

Links:

[link to www.allvoices.com]

Georgia

QTY: 3

Links:

[link to www.courier-journal.com]

Tennessee

QTY: > 100

Links:

[link to www.wsmv.com]

Japan

QTY < 30

Type: Various (Mainly Swan/Heron)

Suspected Cause : Bird Flu

Actual: Unknown

Links:

[link to www.upi.com]

[link to www.nytimes.com]

Sweden

QTY: abous 100 jackdaws

Suspected cause: cold stress, starvation, fireworks, etc

Links:

[link to www.aftonbladet.se]

[link to www.thelocal.se]

Italy

QTY: about 300

Type: Doves

Links:

[link to www.geapress.org]

DEAD FISH

Arkansas

> 100,000

Type: Drum

Suspected Cause

Actual Cause Unknown

Links:

[link to www.todaysthv.com]

Maryland

QTY> 2,000,000

Type: Menhayden, spots and croakers/various

Suspected Cause: Cold Stress

Links:

[link to www.wbaltv.com]

[link to www.baltimoresun.com]

North Carolina

Type: Pelicans

Links:

[link to www.enctoday.com]

Lincoln Park, Michigan

Suspected Cause: Cold Weather

Links:

[link to www.clickondetroit.com]

South Wales (UK)

QTY>~ 100's

Type: Various Carp/Bream/Other

Suspected Cause Cold Weather

Actual Cause Unknown

Links:

[link to www.bymnews.com]

Brazil

QTY: ~Millions (100 tons)

Type: Sardines

Suspected cause :Unknown

Links:

[link to freerepublic.com]

[link to www.parana-online.com.br]

Italy (Scarlino)

QTY 100,000s

Type: Clams/Small fish/Shellfish/Crabs/Flatfish

Suspected Cause : Pollution

Links :

[link to corrierefiorentino.corriere.it]

New Zealand

Type: Snapper

[link to www.nzherald.co.nz]

Ontario, Canada

Suspected Cause: Temperature Shock

Links:

[link to www.torontosun.com]

Haiti

[link to www.france24.com]

Vietnam

QTY: 150 tonns

Type: Red Tilapia

Suspected Cause: Frequient Ebb tides and high density of fish per pen:

[link to business.asiaone.com]

Britain

QTY: 40,000

Type: Crabs

Suspected Cause: Cold weather

Links:

[link to economictimes.indiatimes.com]

No , but Thank You for pointing out this has happened before , and does happen.

The Arkansas kill has been solved , look above your last reply :)

You really don't beleive the fireworks thing do you?!

Every New year from the past, plus 4th July in the US and Bonfire night/Guy Fawkes on November 5th in the UK every single year and no account like this?! Then add China where thye are obsessed with fireworks and again no account of this?!

Also to add, I used to live near farms where there was birds everywhere (obviously) and heard gun shots at night which again didn't cause this sort of thing! So how is it common?!

Edited by Coffey

chemical disperents which they spray in the skies. to get the humans sick. ( you all know who ) they might have messed up and this has hit many birds and fish. or this is a wake up call for humans from mother nature to quit making toxins in the air and water and hurting her children just of many things to come for the world and its karma. Just a thought hey?

Edited by Kailash 108

ahh wouldn't expect something to spiritual in these bird deaths...

Sounds more like some sort of chemical, or weather cause.. :unsure2:

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.2012hoax.org/ to keep the 2012 wannabe's balanced

:P

-------------------------------------------------------------

my opinion is that you linked to your google search page and not a report :yes:

as for these incidents Im undecided & waiting with interest as to the causes

Global warming lit the fireworks under the trees , that scared the roosting birds that can not see very well at night , that flew into houses and Basket Ball Backboards , and anything in their way?

Hmmmm....Didn't see that in the report.

Well they seem to blame everything on "man made global warming" these days... :rolleyes:

How can fireworks be resonposiable for one species? if it was fireworks, then how come this wasnt reported in 2010,2009,2008,2007 etc?

Exactly. People aren't thinking this through. Look at Gull roosts: authorities routinely place loud banging cannons near them all the time and they go off at night - scaring the birds to other locations. They don't die from the noise - they just get p***ed off and fly away. And they don't crash into buildings and poles either.

The whole "starlings and blackbirds can't see at night either" is malarkey as well. When I was part of the local Birding chapter here in Quebec City when I was a kid, we saw and heard TONS of various songbirds flying around at night - species that normally were active only by day. I'm sure these species can't see as well as owls and such, but they're not as night vision challenged in the dark as we are. Hell, even we can get used to walking and running around at night if we give ourselves a few seconds to adjust.

Edited by DigitalSentinal

I was quite alarmed on hearing about this. Please not bird flu... Maybe related to HAARP experiments or natural weather phenomena but it is a bit of a worry as we've not encountered this in the past to my knowledge.

The Earth's magnetic field is a possible explanation.

It sounds to me like all the other bird deaths have the same thing, internal trauma. Yet there is nothing to link any of them together? Doesn't make sense, but whatever.

chemical disperents which they spray in the skies. to get the humans sick. ( you all know who ) they might have messed up and this has hit many birds and fish. or this is a wake up call for humans from mother nature to quit making toxins in the air and water and hurting her children just of many things to come for the world and its karma. Just a thought hey?

If you want to make people sick you put into the water. I know the Illuminati is killing most of us off thats why the worlds population keeps growing. :unsure2:

If you want to make people sick you put into the water. I know the Illuminati is killing most of us off thats why the worlds population keeps growing. :unsure2:

No its fireworks all over the world that entered the seas and killed the fish, havent u read the arkansas report? lol

First it was 2 species....It wasn't reported in any of those years because this was a isolated incident.

Ok Hot shot

Give us an explanation for EVERY single incident around the globe.

As I said , make a seperate topic for each one you want answers on.This topic is about the Arkansas Kill , not about the end of the world , or the other kills....Things get buried , and lost , and not read.

I will answer one of your links , and it shows you do not read anything that is important , you just want to stir the pot.You have links that are all ready answered....

Your " Texas " bird kill......Let me help you learn to read.

UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - A large number of dead birds spotted on the Hwy 155 bridge near Ore City is most likely a natural occurrence in the area and not related to the mysterious bird deaths in Arkansas and Louisiana.

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Media Communication Director, Tom Harvey, it is not uncommon to see dozens of dead birds on this bridge, including the American Coots here.

The Corps of Engineers office at Lake O' the Pines says they are not exactly sure why this happens, but it appears likely the birds are walking or roosting or flying on and around the bridge and many of them probably get hit and killed by motor vehicles.

The American Coots, which roost under the bridge, are prey for eagles and spook easily. When spooked they fly out from under the bridge in large masses, which explains why such a large number birds could be hit at one time.

Greg Conley, a TPWD staffer, said he has seen a similar situation involving multiple dead birds on bridges and roadways around Lake Fork. So, this appears to be a normal occurrence, not related to the Arkansas "birds falling from the sky" story.

"To my knowledge, there are no bird kills in Texas related to the Arkansas situation," said, Mr. Harvey.

And fish kills , completely different subject , that I all ready gave links and information for on page 3-6.Not my fault you ignore them and ask for it again 17 pages later....Fish Kills are common , and happen all the time.

You really don't beleive the fireworks thing do you?!

Every New year from the past, plus 4th July in the US and Bonfire night/Guy Fawkes on November 5th in the UK every single year and no account like this?! Then add China where thye are obsessed with fireworks and again no account of this?!

Also to add, I used to live near farms where there was birds everywhere (obviously) and heard gun shots at night which again didn't cause this sort of thing! So how is it common?!

Yes , I believe solid evidence , including witnesses...I keep seeing people comparing this to other areas , and not reading the facts.This was a isolated incident , industrial size fireworks were shot under where the birds were roosting in Arkansas.Where fireworks are shot off every where else is not under birds roosting.....This is a islolated incident , and it does not answer the other incidents.It answers the incident in Arkansas.....

Exactly. People aren't thinking this through. Look at Gull roosts: authorities routinely place loud banging cannons near them all the time and they go off at night - scaring the birds to other locations. They don't die from the noise - they just get p***ed off and fly away. And they don't crash into buildings and poles either.

The whole "starlings and blackbirds can't see at night either" is malarkey as well. When I was part of the local Birding chapter here in Quebec City when I was a kid, we saw and heard TONS of various songbirds flying around at night - species that normally were active only by day. I'm sure these species can't see as well as owls and such, but they're not as night vision challenged in the dark as we are. Hell, even we can get used to walking and running around at night if we give ourselves a few seconds to adjust.

You could not be more wrong , you are posting complete opinions , and no facts.

You are comparing apples to oranges , gulls can see better at night , so can Geese ( cannons used at airports for geese )...They are not lighting fireworks under the roosts of blackbirds now are they?.....This is a isolated incident , and the answer to ONE incident , not all of them.....

You are 100% wrong about starlings and blackbirds.....Do we believe College Professors that teach this type of thing and study it , or a post from you?......They CAN NOT SEE WELL AT NIGHT , this is why they flew into buildings , trees , windows , basketball backboards , etc.

No its fireworks all over the world that entered the seas and killed the fish, havent u read the arkansas report? lol

Are you really this ignorant?......Did anyone anywhere say fireworks caused this everywhere? ( and it may have been more than one place , it was New Years Eve ).....This topic is about the Arkansas birds , and it has the answer.You want one answer to solve all of the reports you are finding , and you are not even bothering to research anything , or you would not have posted 3/4 of those links.( other than to stir **** up )......You have links that have the explanation right in them.....As above shows....

For people that need beaten in the head a thousand times , this " fireworks " explanation is what killed the birds in Arkansas.It is not what killed birds and fish in other places.....THIS IS THE ARKANSAS BIRD KILL THREAD AND HAS BEEN SOLVED....

If people want to keep throwing in other kills, make another topic for it.You can not get answers here for 7 different cases , you can only have the one for Arkansas , none of the other ones can be compared , it was and is a isolated incident , and yes , a " freak accident " of sorts.....It is not commen for someone to shoot 2 inch mortors under roosting black birds and starlings....And mind you , there are plenty of birds still alive from the roost , their were more than likely over 10,000 birds.

Again , here is the answer to Arkansas kill , not a answer to the other things being thrown in here , it does not answer seperate kills.

It wasn't a secret government spraying program, Martians or gas seeping out of the New Madrid fault that killed the 5,000 or so blackbirds that died New Year's Eve in Beebe, Ark. It was someone shooting off professional grade fireworks in a residential district, scaring the night-blind birds out of their roost into a 25-mph flight that ran them into houses, signs and even the ground, says Karen Rowe, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission ornithologist.

"They were bouncing off houses, basketball backboards, trucks," she says.

Rowe made her observations Wednesday as Game and Fish officials got back further results from necropsies on the dead birds. The findings have given Rowe and others enough confidence in their original conclusions that they were having fun with some of the other theories floating about.

Separate bird deaths were also reported this week in Louisiana, where 450 died, and in Kentucky last week, where hundreds more were found dead.

LOUISIANA DEATHS: Louisiana has mass bird deaths just days after Arkansas BIRD KILL: Trauma cited in mysterious Ark. bird kill The not-so-mysterious saga began at about 10 p.m. New Year's Eve in the tiny town of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock.

"Someone shot off 10 to 12 professional-type fireworks near the roost," she says. Wayne Ballew, Beebe's chief of police, lives nearby. He reported that they "shook the windows on his house," she says.

Rowe has talked with residents who live in the neighborhood where the birds were found and they all reported the loud booms at that time.

At that point, the flock, which could easily numbers in the tens of thousands, took to the air.

It was actually composed of both red-winged blackbirds and European starlings, which commonly roost together.

Unfortunately for the birds, both blackbirds and starlings "have extremely limited night vision," says Robert Meese, an avian ecologist at the University of California-Davis who studies a related blackbird species.

In addition, neighbors were also setting off fireworks and bottle rockets, which further confused the birds who were now madly trying to get back to their safe perches, Rowe says.

"I talked to individuals who were outside when the birds started crashing into things," she says.After the birds took flight they would have been completely disoriented and flying at a high rate of speed, "most likely about 25 mph, given my experience with their cousins, the tricolored blackbird," Meese says.

They would have flown up into the air, then back down looking for a safe place to roost.

"This rapid descent of living birds crashing into these multiple obstacles then caused the loud noises reported by the residents of Beebe, especially those that flew into rooftops or walls of houses," Meese says. "This also accounts for the blunt force trauma to the breasts."

Perhaps most importantly, Meese says, the spatial distribution of the carcasses on the ground is what would be expected from a flock of blackbirds in flight, relatively close together and not scattered over many miles.

The necropsies performed by the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission found trauma to the chest, hemorrhages to the chest and the leading edge of the birds' wings broken, Rowe says.

"What seems like a deep mystery likely is not, and if this had occurred out in the middle of a wheat or corn field instead of in a suburban area, we'd probably never have been aware of it," Meese says.

State officials originally put the number of birds dead at around 3,000, but a more systematic count, and estimates of those taken by scavengers, puts it closer to 5,000, Rowe says.

The story of dead blackbirds raining down from the sky in a small Arkansas town, hitting as it did on a slow news week, caused a huge stir that still surprises state officials.

"I'm keeping a list of the most bizarre theories," Rowe says. So far they include:

• Aliens

• Noxious gases seeping out of the nearby New Madrid fault, cause of a massive earthquake in the area in 1812

• Sonic booms

• Fumes from a gas plant in Mississippi

• The government spraying poison over Beebe

And Meese adds these:

• Black helicopters (covert, unmarked military aircraft)

• Tornadoes

But it's taught Rowe that she and other wildlife experts need to do a better job of educating the public about the fact that wild animals die all the time. A bird that manages to hatch and leave the nest still has only a 70% chance of making it to its first birthday, she points out.

"Birds don't go to the bird hospital and get put on life support and die there. They just die. Mother Nature is not a nice lady," she says.

First it was 2 species....It wasn't reported in any of those years because this was a isolated incident.

As I said , make a seperate topic for each one you want answers on.This topic is about the Arkansas Kill , not about the end of the world , or the other kills....Things get buried , and lost , and not read.

I will answer one of your links , and it shows you do not read anything that is important , you just want to stir the pot.You have links that are all ready answered....

Your " Texas " bird kill......Let me help you learn to read.

UPSHUR COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - A large number of dead birds spotted on the Hwy 155 bridge near Ore City is most likely a natural occurrence in the area and not related to the mysterious bird deaths in Arkansas and Louisiana.

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Media Communication Director, Tom Harvey, it is not uncommon to see dozens of dead birds on this bridge, including the American Coots here.

The Corps of Engineers office at Lake O' the Pines says they are not exactly sure why this happens, but it appears likely the birds are walking or roosting or flying on and around the bridge and many of them probably get hit and killed by motor vehicles.

The American Coots, which roost under the bridge, are prey for eagles and spook easily. When spooked they fly out from under the bridge in large masses, which explains why such a large number birds could be hit at one time.

Greg Conley, a TPWD staffer, said he has seen a similar situation involving multiple dead birds on bridges and roadways around Lake Fork. So, this appears to be a normal occurrence, not related to the Arkansas "birds falling from the sky" story.

"To my knowledge, there are no bird kills in Texas related to the Arkansas situation," said, Mr. Harvey.

And fish kills , completely different subject , that I all ready gave links and information for on page 3-6.Not my fault you ignore them and ask for it again 17 pages later....Fish Kills are common , and happen all the time.

Yes , I believe solid evidence , including witnesses...I keep seeing people comparing this to other areas , and not reading the facts.This was a isolated incident , industrial size fireworks were shot under where the birds were roosting in Arkansas.Where fireworks are shot off every where else is not under birds roosting.....This is a islolated incident , and it does not answer the other incidents.It answers the incident in Arkansas.....

You could not be more wrong , you are posting complete opinions , and no facts.

You are comparing apples to oranges , gulls can see better at night , so can Geese ( cannons used at airports for geese )...They are not lighting fireworks under the roosts of blackbirds now are they?.....This is a isolated incident , and the answer to ONE incident , not all of them.....

You are 100% wrong about starlings and blackbirds.....Do we believe College Professors that teach this type of thing and study it , or a post from you?......They CAN NOT SEE WELL AT NIGHT , this is why they flew into buildings , trees , windows , basketball backboards , etc.

Are you really this ignorant?......Did anyone anywhere say fireworks caused this everywhere? ( and it may have been more than one place , it was New Years Eve ).....This topic is about the Arkansas birds , and it has the answer.You want one answer to solve all of the reports you are finding , and you are not even bothering to research anything , or you would not have posted 3/4 of those links.( other than to stir **** up )......You have links that have the explanation right in them.....As above shows....

For people that need beaten in the head a thousand times , this " fireworks " explanation is what killed the birds in Arkansas.It is not what killed birds and fish in other places.....THIS IS THE ARKANSAS BIRD KILL THREAD AND HAS BEEN SOLVED....

If people want to keep throwing in other kills, make another topic for it.You can not get answers here for 7 different cases , you can only have the one for Arkansas , none of the other ones can be compared , it was and is a isolated incident , and yes , a " freak accident " of sorts.....It is not commen for someone to shoot 2 inch mortors under roosting black birds and starlings....And mind you , there are plenty of birds still alive from the roost , their were more than likely over 10,000 birds.

Again , here is the answer to Arkansas kill , not a answer to the other things being thrown in here , it does not answer seperate kills.

Im tired of you posting the Arkansas explanation, whats wrong with you? Ive posted the list to you several times and you choose to ignore it, now stop re posting the Arkansas explanation (If it makes you feel better then lets say they died from "fireworks") ad go away and address all the other incidents.

You are so gullible to accept all these explanations in different locations around the globe.

Edited by jaymalteser

I'm going with the Earth's magnetic field explanation.

It could be

Source: [link to www2.tbo.com]

TAMPA - Scientists say the magnetic north pole is moving toward Russia and the fallout has reached -- of all places -- Tampa International Airport.

Im leaning towards the oil spill effects, Im unsure really I still have a open mind.

Im tired of you posting the Arkansas explanation, whats wrong with you? Ive posted the list to you several times and you choose to ignore it, now stop re posting the Arkansas explanation (If it makes you feel better then lets say they died from "fireworks") ad go away and address all the other incidents.

You are so gullible to accept all these explanations in different locations around the globe.

Look , that is 100% what I would like.It would need to be seperate threads....You can see yourself that not everyone reads the entire post , let alone the last page.They read the first thing , than hit reply , and ignore everything else.They may read back 2-3 replies , and miss any answers to whatever the topic is.

By throwing in all of these other topics ( fish kills, birds in other areas , shrimp kills , etc. ) all that does is make this more confusing.You have more than one topic trying to be answered , with all of these other things being thrown in the middle.It can not work that way.I think you would agree with that , I would hope....Just as this is showing , and why I keep posting it.I post it because it is obvious some people have not seen it , due to this reason.

I think you agree with the Arkansas incident , and I fully stated it was a isolated incident , and it's answer is not going to be the answer to all of the other topics being thrown out here....

I answered your Texas bird kill , and it is now buried , and I am willing to bet , it will be brought up again.

If you want answers to different topics other than " Dead Birds fall from the Sky " ( originally Arkansas , and if that is Googled , 90% of the find is Arkansas ) then make a topic about it....Start with fish kills if you would like.

I get tired of seeing the same questions over and over , because the answers are buried back and not read....You can NOT answer different incidents in one topic here , not possible , especially when people keep bringing them up again without seeing the answers previously given.

I am not avoiding your request , I think this explains it , and I think you understand....Hell , PM me one at a time if you want , I will gladly do that also.

Edited to add :

in response to :

This is a prime example of what I wasted time typing about above....Are you that lazy?

How many times do I need to type in " this explains the Arkansas incident , it is a isolated incident , and it does not explain the other incidents"....Did you see it this time?...

What you do not seem to get , is there are constant replies stating " I don't understand all of these kills , fireworks do not make sense "....No , fireworks would not make sense for all of them , but it does for one of them....

Not my fault some people do not know how to read back , and do not know how to take one topic at a time , or just ignore the fact that one of them has been solved.

Edited by Sakari