Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

Look , that is 100% what I would like.It would need to be seperate threads....You can see yourself that not everyone reads the entire post , let alone the last page.They read the first thing , than hit reply , and ignore everything else.They may read back 2-3 replies , and miss any answers to whatever the topic is.

By throwing in all of these other topics ( fish kills, birds in other areas , shrimp kills , etc. ) all that does is make this more confusing.You have more than one topic trying to be answered , with all of these other things being thrown in the middle.It can not work that way.I think you would agree with that , I would hope....Just as this is showing , and why I keep posting it.I post it because it is obvious some people have not seen it , due to this reason.

I think you agree with the Arkansas incident , and I fully stated it was a isolated incident , and it's answer is not going to be the answer to all of the other topics being thrown out here....

I answered your Texas bird kill , and it is now buried , and I am willing to bet , it will be brought up again.

If you want answers to different topics other than " Dead Birds fall from the Sky " ( originally Arkansas , and if that is Googled , 90% of the find is Arkansas ) then make a topic about it....Start with fish kills if you would like.

I get tired of seeing the same questions over and over , because the answers are buried back and not read....You can NOT answer different incidents in one topic here , not possible , especially when people keep bringing them up again without seeing the answers previously given.

I am not avoiding your request , I think this explains it , and I think you understand....Hell , PM me one at a time if you want , I will gladly do that also.

That sounds like a painstaking process if you wish to do it then be my guest and I will gladly participate (you have the list complete with links).

At this stage I feel that even if you "de-bunk" EVERY SINGLE INCIDENT and dismiss the fish as "happens all the time" (2 million in one place????!!!!).

We would be talking about an amazing set of coincidences all over the world and besides I dont trust the governent explanations.

I spose you think 9/11 was done by Terrorists?????????

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look , that is 100% what I would like.It would need to be seperate threads....You can see yourself that not everyone reads the entire post , let alone the last page.They read the first thing , than hit reply , and ignore everything else.They may read back 2-3 replies , and miss any answers to whatever the topic is.

By throwing in all of these other topics ( fish kills, birds in other areas , shrimp kills , etc. ) all that does is make this more confusing.You have more than one topic trying to be answered , with all of these other things being thrown in the middle.It can not work that way.I think you would agree with that , I would hope....Just as this is showing , and why I keep posting it.I post it because it is obvious some people have not seen it , due to this reason.

I think you agree with the Arkansas incident , and I fully stated it was a isolated incident , and it's answer is not going to be the answer to all of the other topics being thrown out here....

I answered your Texas bird kill , and it is now buried , and I am willing to bet , it will be brought up again.

If you want answers to different topics other than " Dead Birds fall from the Sky " ( originally Arkansas , and if that is Googled , 90% of the find is Arkansas ) then make a topic about it....Start with fish kills if you would like.

I get tired of seeing the same questions over and over , because the answers are buried back and not read....You can NOT answer different incidents in one topic here , not possible , especially when people keep bringing them up again without seeing the answers previously given.

I am not avoiding your request , I think this explains it , and I think you understand....Hell , PM me one at a time if you want , I will gladly do that also.

Edited to add :

in response to :

This is a prime example of what I wasted time typing about above....Are you that lazy?

How many times do I need to type in " this explains the Arkansas incident , it is a isolated incident , and it does not explain the other incidents"....Did you see it this time?...

What you do not seem to get , is there are constant replies stating " I don't understand all of these kills , fireworks do not make sense "....No , fireworks would not make sense for all of them , but it does for one of them....

Not my fault some people do not know how to read back , and do not know how to take one topic at a time , or just ignore the fact that one of them has been solved.

I was referring to all the VARIOUS government official responses around the globe!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will have to visit Arkansas its getting plugged a lot.

Yes , I believe solid evidence , including witnesses...I keep seeing people comparing this to other areas , and not reading the facts.This was a isolated incident , industrial size fireworks were shot under where the birds were roosting in Arkansas.Where fireworks are shot off every where else is not under birds roosting.....This is a islolated incident , and it does not answer the other incidents.It answers the incident in Arkansas.....

The other incidents all happened in the same few days, and the amount of incidents is a bit too coincidental surely?! other people are using evidence to work this out as well and the other accounts in the same week are used as evidence.

I've seen a farmer use a shotgun at night right under all kinds of birds and it didn't cause a mass death, it didn't even kill one of them.

I've seen fireworks been let off before near nesting birds and it's never done this. I come from a place that used to be absolutely full of nesting birds of all types around my village and when I was a little sh.... I mean kid I used to let fireworks off in the woods with my friends. I really can't see this being the cause.

Coincidence that 1 person setting off fireworks near 1 of these accounts.

10+ similar accounts.... which one seems more logical seriously? (I only used birds accounts for this it would be 20+ including fish)

The other incidents all happened in the same few days, and the amount of incidents is a bit too coincidental surely?! other people are using evidence to work this out as well and the other accounts in the same week are used as evidence.

I've seen a farmer use a shotgun at night right under all kinds of birds and it didn't cause a mass death, it didn't even kill one of them.

I've seen fireworks been let off before near nesting birds and it's never done this. I come from a place that used to be absolutely full of nesting birds of all types around my village and when I was a little sh.... I mean kid I used to let fireworks off in the woods with my friends. I really can't see this being the cause.

Coincidence that 1 person setting off fireworks near 1 of these accounts.

10+ similar accounts.... which one seems more logical seriously? (I only used birds accounts for this it would be 20+ including fish)

Yes agreed.

Bit off the beaten track but may be connected-River Turns Green unexpectdley- have a look its bright green!

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/17283/48/

I was referring to all the VARIOUS government official responses around the globe!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will have to visit Arkansas its getting plugged a lot.

Ok , here is my deal , I have copied /pasted all of your links and stories , I am going to give you some general information now , and answer SOME of the ones you posted.I do not have time to sit here for each one today.

Thing you are doing with this is adding credibility to the fact that this is NOT UNCOMMON , and I thank you for that....So , let me start with " general facts" , than I will answer a few of your links....Make me a deal , you keep track of what has been answered and what has not , and keep everyone informed....Deal?.....Because I for one get sick of repeating myself.

Fish Kills -

They're not new. They're not that unusual. The current grouping of fish kills in a number of places may well be a news event, rather than some sort of nefarious thing. Every once in a while, a fish kill occurs at a time when something else is going on. This sends the news reporters off to Google, where they can always find numerous stories of fish kills somewhere that happened about the same time.

Check this link, which is a Google image search for fish kill. Hover over the images to get links to the stories of each image. It's clear that fish kills are a common enough phenomenon and occur regularly. They are not necessarily a sign of something dire and man-made. It takes some time to investigate one of these events to find out what actually caused it.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=13...

Here's a chart that shows some of the reasons for these disturbing fish kills. Note: DO means Dissolved Oxygen.

causes-fish-kills.jpg

My link

Bird Kills

Ok , this list is not as long as yours , and answers some of your links , and shows just how common bird kills are.....As said , I will try to go through your list , but after looking , I see you have one that has 3 birds killed?....Really , 3?

Anyway , here is a start for you...

The purpose of this document is to increase public awareness of the potential impacts of towers and other human-made structures by highlighting some of the pertinent literature on the subject. The bibliography focuses primarily on collisions with communication towers, lighted buildings, and (to a lesser degree) windows. No effort has been made to cover collisions with power lines or wind turbines, topics that have been addressed by Bevanger (1994) and Hebert et al. (1995).

Previous bibliographies on the subject of bird collisions with human-made objects have been prepared by Weir (1976), Avery et al. (1978), Avery et al. (1980), Hebert et al. (1995), and the National Wind Technology Center (n.d.). This document is intended to supplement, not duplicate, these earlier publications. Of the 125 citations listed below, 83 were published subsequent to Avery et al. (1980) and 102 were not included in Hebert et al. (1995); 24 of the citations are to Internet sites.

If you are aware of other references published since 1979 that you think should be added to this bibliography, please send that information to John L. Trapp mailto:john_trapp@mail.fws.gov.

Alphabetical Listing by Author

Able, K. P. 1966. Television tower mortality near Louisville [Kentucky]. Kentucky Warbler 42: 27-28.

Mortality of 25 individuals of 14 species (including 13 warblers of 8 species) on 5 nights, 14 September-23 October 1965, at 973-ft WHAS-TV tower in Floyd County, Indiana, "is apparently the first migrant mortality due to such a structure in the Louisville region."

Able, K. P. 1968. Connecticut Warblers in the Louisville [Kentucky] area in autumn. Kentucky Warbler 44: 3-4.

Two recent specimens (females collected 22 September 1967 in Jefferson County; and 7 October 1967 in Floyd County, Indiana--1 of 78 birds killed at WHAS-TV tower) indicates that species may not be as rare in Kentucky in fall as paucity of records (1 previous specimen) suggest.

Anonymous. n.d. Towerkill.Com. <http://towerkill.com>. Accessed 2 June 1998.

The stated goal of this site to "serve as an information resource on the towerkill problem and to promote cooperative solutions for mitigating the needless slaughter of millions of songbirds every year." A brief historical overview of the issue is provided, and clickable maps depict the locations of communication towers of different size classes in each of the 48 contiguous United States. Also includes a bulletin board feature.

Anonymous. 1998a (29 January). Bad weather causes syracuse bird kill: as many as 10,000 common Lapland Longspurs apparently crashed into radio towers in fog. Wichita [Kansas] Eagle. <http://newslibrary.infi.net/wichita/>. Choose "The Wichita Eagle," click on "Go," scroll to "Newspaper Search," enter "longspur" as a search word, select "1998" as the search year, click on "Search," and scroll to "Search Results." Accessed 9 June 1998.

This synopsis of a 375-word article notes that a combination of fog, snow, and radio transmission towers near Syracuse, Kansas, was responsible for one of the State's largest bird kills, when 5,000-10,000 longspurs crashed into guy wires around the towers as they milled about the clearance lights on 22 January 1998. The complete article is accessible only to registered subscribers of NewsLibrary.

Anonymous. 1998b (30 January). Mid-America. Kansas City [Kansas] Star. <http://www.kcstar.com/library/library.htm>. Enter "longspur" as a search word, select "Metropolitan" section and "Library '98" search collection, click on "Search," click on text icon, click on "OK," and scroll to "Bird kill." Accessed 8 June 1998.

An estimated 5,000-10,000 Lapland Longspurs were reportedly killed as they crashed into the guy wires of lighted radio transmission towers near Syracuse, Kansas. The kill, termed "one of the largest ever in Kansas" by State wildlife officials, apparently occurred 22 January 1998 when the guy wires were obscured by fog and blowing snow. Specimens collected will be studied by scientists from Southwestern College and Kansas State University.

Anonymous. 1998c (20 February). Telecommunications towers affect avian community. WaveGuide. <http://www.cruzio.com/~rbedard/waveguide/birdkill.html>. Accessed 3 June 1998.

Includes full text of message by Bill Evans <bill@ornith.cornell.edu> dated 17 February 1998 (Subject: 150 pounds of longspurs). Evans reports an estimated kill of 5,000-10,000 birds, mostly Lapland Longspurs, in vicinity of 420-ft tower in western Kansas on the night of 22 January 1998 (also see Anonymous 29 January 1998 and Anonymous 30 January 1998), and reviews impacts of towers on birds.

Avery, M., P. F. Springer, and J. F. Cassel. 1977. Weather influences on nocturnal bird mortality at a North Dakota tower. Wilson Bull. 89: 291-299.

At a 366-m tower in southeastern North Dakota, most fall losses occurred under overcast skies, 1972-1973. Rails were killed in relatively equal proportions on overcast and non-overcast night in both spring and fall, Warblers were killed in significantly greater numbers on overcast nights in both seasons, as were fringillids in fall.

Avery, M. L., P. F., Springer, and N. S. Dailey. 1978. Avian mortality at man-made structures: an annotated bibliography. U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv. FWS/OBS-78/58, 108 pp.

Annotated bibiliography of 853 references pertaining to bird mortality due to collision and electrocution at human-made structures such as power transmission lines, radio and TV towers, lighthouses, cooling towers, buildings, and airport ceilometers. Includes subject, taxonomic, and geographic indexes. Revised in 1980 (see Avery et al. 1980).

Avery, M. L., P. F. Springer, and N. S. Dailey. 1980. Avian mortality at man-made structures: an annotated bibliography (revised). U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv. FWS/OBS-80/54, 152 pp.

Compilation of 1,042 references through February 1980, including 189 not in the original publication (Avery et al. 1978). Includes subject, taxonomic, and geographic indexes.

Avise, J. C., and R. L. Crawford. 1981. A matter of lights and death. Nat. Hist. 90: 6-14.

This popular account, which draws heavily on data gathered at the WCTV tower in Leon County, Florida, emphasizes the beneficial uses made of tower-killed birds in a variety of scientific investigations.

Ball, L. G., K. Zyskowski, and G. Escalona-Segura. 1995. Recent bird mortality at a Topeka [Kansas] television tower. Kansas Ornithol. Soc. Bull. 46: 33-36.

Summarize 4 major mortality events at a 439-m KTKA-TV tower in Shawnee County: 919 individuals of 54 species, 25-26 September 1985; 635 individuals of 49 species, 30 September-1 October 1986; 834 individuals of 64 species, 11-12 October 1986; 420 individuals of 45 species, 8-9 October 1994; cumulative totals of 2,808 individuals of 91 species. Gray Catbird and Sora were the most abundant species on both September dates, while Orange-crowned Warbler dominated on the October dates.

Banks, R. C. 1979. Human-related mortality of birds in the United States. U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv. Spec. Sci. Rep.--Wildl. 215, 16 pp.

In early 1970s, human activity was estimated to be responsible for death of ca. 196 million birds/yr, or ca. 1.9% of wild birds of continental U.S. that died each year. Hunting was the largest direct mortality factor, accounting for ca. 61% of human-related bird deaths. Collision with human-made objects was the greatest indirect human cause of avian deaths, accounting for ca. 32% of human-related deaths.

Barbour, R. W. 1961. An unusual bird mortality at Lexington [Kentucky]. Kentucky Warbler 37: 55.

Reports tally of 82 birds of 21 species (Red-eyed Vireo most abundant) at 670-ft TV tower in Fayette County, 8 May 1961.

Barkley, R., C. Elk, and J. Palmquist. 1977. Recent TV tower kills at Goodland, Kansas. Kansas Ornithol. Soc. Bull. 28: 10-12.

Of 390 birds of 30 species found dead at 700-ft KLOE-TV tower in Sherman County, 28-30 August 1976, 40% were Yellow-headed Blackbirds and Wilson's Warblers.

My link

Here is a link with a chart that shows reasons for 1400 Million Bird Deaths a year ( it will not let me post image )

http://books.google.com/books?id=L28bHnPXo1AC&pg=PA330&lpg=PA330&dq=are+bird+kills+common%3F&source=bl&ots=FR9QpZGL0E&sig=ciMKkFSQjVXZlEVxbkzTsvG6YFM&hl=en&ei=uPUlTfzfGY2usAP47Zi5AQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CF8Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=are%20bird%20kills%20common%3F&f=false

My link

Now, let me start with your list ( some are answered in link I gave above )

Arizona

QTY >65

Type: Bats

Suspected cause : Weather

Actual Cause : warm temperatures in the city.

Game and Fish officials say the bats are Mexican free-tailed and should have migrated to Mexico two months ago.

Louisiana

QTY 500

Type: Starlings and Blackbirds

Suspected Cause : Weather

Actual: Bird Flu Found

Arkansas

QTY ~5000

Type: Blackbird, Starling, Grackle

Suspected Cause : weather/fireworks

Actual Cause : Fireworks spooked Roost at Night / Blunt force Trauma

East Texas

QTY: 100's

Suspected Cause: birds got hit by motor vehicles<br style=""> <br style="">Actual Cause : Birds Hit by cars / Common Occurrence yearly

Georgia

QTY: 3

Links:<br style=""> <br style="">>>>>>>>>> Not wasting my time for 3 birds , come on , really?

I am stopping there for now....Do you realise most of the links you gave have the most logical ( and probably the answer ) on them?.....Either way , does not matter.

I have other things to do now , and I would hope this is enough to substantiate my facts that this is not un common.....

Best way I can say this is quoting another :

If it wasn't for the internet and instantaneous info overload, there would be NO correlation between all of these events.

Sporadic at best and reported in isolated news outlets that no one would be the wiser or informed of the other. <br style="">

I hope this time and effort is not for nothing , and is actually read through , and ingested into peoples brains.

I think it would be hard to debate this , I gave facts , I spent time to get facts , and not just make claims.I supported my statements with facts , now let's all do the same with your " Theories "....

And as I asked you , can you keep track of this for me , so everyone can see it?

I will be reminding people to read it for future questions....

Yes agreed.

Bit off the beaten track but may be connected-River Turns Green unexpectdley- have a look its bright green!

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/17283/48/

Isn't there a natural occurrence of that happening? Something to do with a plant or maybe algae or something? Except it's bright green! LOL

Ok , here is my deal , I have copied /pasted all of your links and stories , I am going to give you some general information now , and answer SOME of the ones you posted.I do not have time to sit here for each one today.

Thing you are doing with this is adding credibility to the fact that this is NOT UNCOMMON , and I thank you for that....So , let me start with " general facts" , than I will answer a few of your links....Make me a deal , you keep track of what has been answered and what has not , and keep everyone informed....Deal?.....Because I for one get sick of repeating myself.

Fish Kills -

Bird Kills

Ok , this list is not as long as yours , and answers some of your links , and shows just how common bird kills are.....As said , I will try to go through your list , but after looking , I see you have one that has 3 birds killed?....Really , 3?

Anyway , here is a start for you...

Here is a link with a chart that shows reasons for 1400 Million Bird Deaths a year ( it will not let me post image )

http://books.google.com/books?id=L28bHnPXo1AC&pg=PA330&lpg=PA330&dq=are+bird+kills+common%3F&source=bl&ots=FR9QpZGL0E&sig=ciMKkFSQjVXZlEVxbkzTsvG6YFM&hl=en&ei=uPUlTfzfGY2usAP47Zi5AQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CF8Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=are%20bird%20kills%20common%3F&f=false

My link

Now, let me start with your list ( some are answered in link I gave above )

Arizona

QTY >65

Type: Bats

Suspected cause : Weather

Actual Cause : warm temperatures in the city.

Game and Fish officials say the bats are Mexican free-tailed and should have migrated to Mexico two months ago.

Louisiana

QTY 500

Type: Starlings and Blackbirds

Suspected Cause : Weather

Actual: Bird Flu Found

Arkansas

QTY ~5000

Type: Blackbird, Starling, Grackle

Suspected Cause : weather/fireworks

Actual Cause : Fireworks spooked Roost at Night / Blunt force Trauma

East Texas

QTY: 100's

Suspected Cause: birds got hit by motor vehicles<br style=""> <br style="">Actual Cause : Birds Hit by cars / Common Occurrence yearly

Georgia

QTY: 3

Links:<br style=""> <br style="">>>>>>>>>> Not wasting my time for 3 birds , come on , really?

I am stopping there for now....Do you realise most of the links you gave have the most logical ( and probably the answer ) on them?.....Either way , does not matter.

I have other things to do now , and I would hope this is enough to substantiate my facts that this is not un common.....

Best way I can say this is quoting another :

I hope this time and effort is not for nothing , and is actually read through , and ingested into peoples brains.

I think it would be hard to debate this , I gave facts , I spent time to get facts , and not just make claims.I supported my statements with facts , now let's all do the same with your " Theories "....

And as I asked you , can you keep track of this for me , so everyone can see it?

I will be reminding people to read it for future questions....

Ok I will have a look at this in detail for now Im off to play football (or at least try) and will have to do this later. (thats soccer to you)

No dead fish? it could be a green dye

You mean like a food colouring type dye? Cause normal dye would kill fish wouldn't it?

Edited by Coffey

Wow, that's a weird color. If it was algae or anything of the sort it wouldn't have disappeared. Maybe it was a hoax of some kind?

I was thinking maybe it was a dye, but yeah, I would think it would kill the fish. Unless they used a different type of dye that is safe. I've seen green dirty water before, but nothing that looks like that :unsure:. Looks like a prank.

Edited by kelunexplained

Very odd situation but it was also very local. Would think if it was the end of the world it would be a tad more wide spread. Betting it'll just be one of those weird weather phenomena that pop up from time to time. Throughout history there have been cases of various animals falling from the sky.

We would be talking about an amazing set of coincidences all over the world and besides I dont trust the governent explanations.

I spose you think 9/11 was done by Terrorists?????????

I can't believe I did not see this before I spent all of that time getting the information you requested......Well , I hope others get something out of what I posted.

Now that I have seen this , I know what I am dealing with.

The only answers you will accept are the ones out of your mouth.....

I can't talk to brick walls , or ignorance.....There is no way to show people like you facts , you just ignore them...

This same thing happened on the show 'Flashforward'. Has anyone seen it?

I can't believe I did not see this before I spent all of that time getting the information you requested......Well , I hope others get something out of what I posted.

Now that I have seen this , I know what I am dealing with.

The only answers you will accept are the ones out of your mouth.....

I can't talk to brick walls , or ignorance.....There is no way to show people like you facts , you just ignore them...

Not being funny mate, but even though It has nothing to do with this thread there is some weird stuff around 9/11, more specifically the plane that hit the pentagon and the lack of fire it caused. There is pictures of where the plane hit the pentagon and there is an open book beside a chair and it is completely untouched and there is no burn marks anywhere on the walls etc. Something is extremely fishy about that, but this is off topic so I'll shut up now. lol

This same thing happened on the show 'Flashforward'. Has anyone seen it?

Yeah I did, and I really got into it. Can't beleive they canceled it. :angry:

The firework theory is allready been debunked sinse day 1, again evidence is there to suggest fireworks did this? surely the tree woulf of caught on fire?

The firework theory is allready been debunked sinse day 1, again evidence is there to suggest fireworks did this? surely the tree woulf of caught on fire?

First, it was stated that 'professional grade' fireworks were the cause. We're not talking firecrackers or bottle rockets here. Second, it was probably not close enough to the tree to catch it on fire, it wouldn't need to be.

The fireworks theory has not been debunked. It has been confirmed. Please be sure to read the many posts where Sakari has repeated this over and over again. :tu:

I'm over this thread. I don't want to see the same posts talking about fireworks. I'm sure something logical caused it, but it wasn't the fireworks. They weren't able to get definite answers from a lab, so they say it was fireworks. That's all that happened, and there won't be any more talk of it, so it's just another unsolved mystery dun dun dun... :sleepy:

Edited by kelunexplained

I really have no idea anymore what to say to people who just refuse to read facts....

You have Witnesses , you have Evidence , you Have Documented Facts , You have Witnesses ( oh , said that )...

You gave opinion , not facts......Show me documents of it being debunked please , not opinions....

Go read this , it explains most of this thread....

Facts regarding fish and bird kills

I thought this map would be of interest as to where all of this is happening around the world.

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/web0105-dead-animals1.jpg

This was a good map it only has the major events. It does seem odd all of these only days apart no matter what the cause is.

The fireworks theory has not been debunked. It has been confirmed. Please be sure to read the many posts where Sakari has repeated this over and over again. :tu:

With respect to Sakari, I've let pretty expensive fireworks off right under birds before (I was a stupid kid don't flame me lol) and it never caused this kind of thing. Fireworks of all kinds are let off near birds all the tie and it doesn't cause this.

I'm not saying it was Aliens, the government or anything. Just that fireworks in my opinion is BS and not even a very clever answer. My money would have been on weather or somehting like that to be honest. But the fireworks thing makes me think it's more likely a cover up becuase that is just rubbish and laughable.

With respect to Sakari, I've let pretty expensive fireworks off right under birds before (I was a stupid kid don't flame me lol) and it never caused this kind of thing. Fireworks of all kinds are let off near birds all the tie and it doesn't cause this.

I'm not saying it was Aliens, the government or anything. Just that fireworks in my opinion is BS and not even a very clever answer. My money would have been on weather or somehting like that to be honest. But the fireworks thing makes me think it's more likely a cover up becuase that is just rubbish and laughable.

I actually let fireworks off before too, actually it was people I was with that let them off, because I was younger, it was actually in the evening too, but nothing died in the woods near his house.