Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead birds keep falling from the sky

ohio state buckeyes

Fish don’t get flu. They’re – obviously – not mammals. The only way you can get flu is that someone who has a flu sneezes on your fish sticks.

Pole shift can’t occur in selected parts of the world only, isn’t that screamingly obvious?

Etc.

Pollutants everywhere, killing more and more living organisms, humans included, now that sounds plausible.

Some of those deaths are natural, caused by winter, some are probably poisoning. How much are they off the usual scale, I don’t know.

I still haven’t got why you folks (not to quote everyone) assume they’re connected (have the same cause).

It could be somehting unexplained making them connected, science doesn't know everything yet, otherwise we wouldn't still have scientists would we?!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• jaymalteser

• S2F

• DigitalSentinal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL...

Nah , just un-employed , and after my daily morning job searching , and Salmon run is done , I just have nothing better to do while I sit around waiting for that saving phone call....

I guess I could sit here and drink beer , sit on the porch with a Banjo :)

LOL Sounds like my day (except for the Salmon run).

As usual Sakari you are the voice of reason in an unreasonable world. You're overworked and underpaid in this capacity! Hey aren't you the one that said if Arkansas lost the Sugar Bowl the world was going to end?:unsure:

I do not understand the need for people to see an apocalypse in everything. If the world were going to end, would you really want to know about it? There are as many reasons for these animal deaths. as there are species mentioned. It really does happen all the time. Some of them may be mysterious, but not apocalyptic. There are people dying all over the world also, through war, famine, disease, weather. It's tragic, horribly so as a matter of fact, but it does happen and it is not due to just one underlying cause. (Except for war of course.)

It is scary when you see all these animal deaths listed at once, it definitely makes one think...What are we doing? But, there are about a million species of animals in the world, billions of creatures, why is it so hard to believe that at different times a year, from different causes, these animals die in large quantities. The world is a dangerous place.:huh:

Sakari & Boon: I just realised somehting and needed to point this out.

You are saying we should accept the fireworks explanation becuase some people have said they set off the fireworks and witnessed it happening etc?

OK so how come in the UFO forum whenever we get "evidence" like that the Skeptics always say it's "hearsay" and dismiss it.....

You are using "evidence" that would be dismissed in other cases and then telling us to accept it?

I'm not having a go at you guys, I'm just making a point.

I haven't heard any scientific reasoning for fireworks yet, have we heard anything on what they actually hit? Becuase seeing the area in daylight the houses where a bit away form the road and there didn't seem to be very high buildings. I highly doubt there would have been enough traffic for them to hit cars etc on New years Eve. So what did they hit? What height where they flying? Which direction etc? Why is all this information missing? This is the sort of things that get asked in other topics, yet nobody seems to care i9n this one. It's a case of "Oh some people said they let off fireworks and because some random guy suggested it before it must be". YET in other topics like a UFO one that would not be good enough, yet have the same sort of evidence, a couple of high ranking Military officials (not general public) say they seen said UFO and of course we put it down to Hearsay?!

Can you not see this?!

Coffey ,

I am pulling in my reigns on this.I have posted my findings more than enough on here.It makes it frustrating when someone asks me specifically as you are a question and I answer it again.By doing this , I am constantly posting the same thing , and it really looks like I am trying to convince people to " take my side " even when some here have stated they will not believe anything from the Government.

It is a double edged sword , do I keep countering the questions and debating the same thing over and over , and upset some people , and look bad to some people for posting so much?....

Or do I just continue posting the same things over and over , and lie to myself that it does any good?...It goes both way's here , post how you feel , back it up with some facts , and move on....This is what I am going to do.

I have spent way to much time on this , and have posted the same links and information at least a dozen times when the same questions keep bombarding me...We all have our Opinions , some backed up with facts , most are not.Either way ,let's all stop beating the same one over and over , post it , and move on.If people did not see it , or disagree with it , so be it.

Since you did ask specifically , I will answer you :

UFO's ( assuming the ET kind ) , they are not something you can purchase at a stand or store , they are not something that is physically used by Humans year round in the millions.They are not something that is a given in almost every town and city on New Years Eve ( debatable to some )......

Keep in mind , there were at least 10,000 birds in these roosts ( not all died ,some did make it home )....If you have seen these " balls of birds" flying around , add in a scared ball of birds , can't see much in the dark , now add in more than one ball of birds , all flying with no rhyme or reason , these balls flying at 25 MPH going into each other = collision time.

Look at it like a Plane Stunt Show , The Thunderbirds , or whatever...Tight formations doing turns and loops , flying at each other and just missing with precision and must need timing.Now add in about 9,990 more of those planes , put them in the dark , and turn off their instruments and ask them to do those stunts....I think you see the outcome.

Karen Row is a Agent for the Arkansas Game and Fish Division , she was / is responsible for the Black Bird kill in Arkansas.She went out and interviewed , investigated the incident there.The witnesses there heard and saw , and some were physically lighting fireworks just before the incident , and reported that to her , including the Sheriff...The first series of 10-12 were reported by numerous residents,including the Sheriff that lives very close to where they were shot off.Their were witnesses that heard / saw the birds flying into backboards , houses , poles , cars...

As said , I have all ready linked all of this information for anyone to read , it is there for anyone to believe or not.Her report was made.

To answer you in short :

New Years Eve and Fireworks = No Brainer

Birds roosting in the area = Positive

Chances of this happening anywhere else or again = very slim

UFO's = No physical evidence

Fireworks = Physical Evidence and Common on New Years Eve

Hope that answers it.

As for each individual case , they are being investigated by authorities , and if they do what they have been doing , 99% of the cases should be solved , just need to be patient.They are all different , and can not be compared unless a common thing is found , and so far , that has not been the case.

I linked a site for the Federal Game and Fish Department here somewhere ( to many times also ) , they update the reports I believe every week , sooner if a find is reported.The list is very precise , and long.It is easy to read and follow , I highly recommend bookmarking it , it has , does , and will answer 99% of the questions here.....Unless you do not believe Government Documents that is , if that is the case , I do not know where you can find your answer.

I will leave this alone , I have posted more than enough information on my side , and would just be repeating myself.It is there if you want to use it for reference , if not , that is fine also.....If someone has a direct question , I will be happy to answer you , if it is not all ready answered in a previous post...

Peace out !

Sakari

Edited by Sakari

geeez, now my family is rambling on about end of days! Seriously, and I've tried to shut them up, they wont listen to facts. So, I've come to the conclusion that people must want the end of the world to come, instead of figuring it out for themselves. I've presented my family with numerous explanations (including this thread). They are all like, na, we ain't stupid! HAHAHA!

Well, I guess I'll be the one smiling at the end! :lol:

The news of the pole shifting and all this mass animals deaths is an unlikely timing. I can see why some would fear, but only if they are uninformed. I seriously hate when people jump to conclusions with out at least trying to explain things in a natural way. :geek:

It could be somehting unexplained making them connected, science doesn't know everything yet, otherwise we wouldn't still have scientists would we?!

It could be, I agree. But it probably isn’t, since animals are dropping dead all the time, only it doesn’t get piled up in the news like this time.

It was combination of slow news day in the beginning, got the conspiracy coating and now every time a sparrow hits a window it will be a reason to panic.

But since the fact that this poor planet is horribly polluted is a reason to panic, and people will react only to bombastic presentation of that fact, this whole thing is positive. Keep panicking, everyone, and keep in mind that it’s your life style that made it happen.

here's something I came across that linked these strange deaths of animals to the recent murder of republican, john wheeler..... that according to the article, he was murdered because he was planning to expose to the public what the government was trying to hide....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik6Fkt8qUk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQvdkIq2mI&feature=related

hmmm.... very interesting....

mann, there are all sorts of explanations and theories out there that i dont know WHAT to believe!!! but I'm still all eyes & ears ..... hard to just be oblivious to all thats happening around us.

But whats your take on this??

Shout it loud and proud, answer. :blink: But the global phenomenon of waves of bird, fish and crab deaths in recent days, is alledgedly related to the small but significant North Pole shift that closed several airports in the Northern hemisphere, esp. in Siberia in Russia, due to magnetic changes made air travel inoperable for a 72-hour period.

Birds and other animals have a "built-in" geomagnetic ability to nagivate their way around...and to have the North and South geomagnetic poles shift a degree or two in latitude or longitude, could seriously disorient them and the results can be massively fatal.

Scary, but bird kills and fish washed ashore of many coasts, lakes and rivers around the world always happened. But to be all of a sudden from Arkansas and Louisiana, to now occured in five other continents, is still a mystery yet to be solved. May it not go any further to affect anyone of the human race. :unsure2:

here's something I came across that linked these strange deaths of animals to the recent murder of republican, john wheeler..... that according to the article, he was murdered because he was planning to expose to the public what the government was trying to hide....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik6Fkt8qUk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQvdkIq2mI&feature=related

hmmm.... very interesting....

mann, there are all sorts of explanations and theories out there that i dont know WHAT to believe!!! but I'm still all eyes & ears ..... hard to just be oblivious to all thats happening around us.

But whats your take on this??

Contrails? If it was that, you do realise that if it was chemtrails, everyone would of been effeectd?

Its time to Start those Party Plans now ! You wouldnt want to go out without a Big Bang now would you?

Just be easy on the Big-Fireworks! It seems to upset the Birds,And as for the Drum Fish! The PCP`s and other mutant building additive we stuff into our water systems around the world,Well Nothing`s like a Great Drummer Banging a Gong!

They just O.D.ed! poor little Drum Fishes! :rolleyes:

The dead birds fish and crabs (and who knows what else) may have died of sound alright

but no sound you can hear. Not a sound earplugs can keep out and definitely NOT fireworks.

But how about ELF and ULF 'projects' aka: war games?

Project HAARP has been mentioned here too, check it out...we won't get the truth

from the gov no matter what the cause was.

HAARP theory article

HAARP-1.jpg

If one of these sound wave weapons can be dispensed from a jet whizzing over at

high altitude with fireworks to cover the noise at night who knows.

Maybe it was only supposed to kill fish not birds but

experiments and tests are unpredictable

and the birds wouldn't have had water surrounding them for any protection.

You know "other countries" are also working on these kinds of sound frequency weapons.

Not just us. Who knows how compact and portable a device it takes to do damage by now.

It 'can' happen here. 9-11 proved that.

I was kidding when I mentioned HARP and that is a huge stretch that I can't entertain it. Until the autopsies from all locations are done and they speak of a similar answer there is no need to be jumping to conclusions. Pole shift is a no for sure, ufo :w00t: , poison/pesticide ? Fireworks, no as every year or holiday would have the same result everywhere.

I think simply this is the first time the media has made this a so called major story so most are thinking wow did you hear 8000 birds here or there died wow when in reality it's not as uncommon as we think.

Better get use to media feeding us extremely bias stories in regards to end of times and 2012. News sells even if it is false as many who read these things will go on to tell aunt Betty and cousin Fred the sky is falling as fact based on some very very sketchy happenings. Sad to say our media is not about facts but dollar signs.

All sorts of theories play in the frightening case in a global scale: Changes in ocean currents known to be fatal to certain species of sea life, a new avian virus yet to be detected to "liquify" the insides of these birds, the results of heavy pollution off the Gulf of Mexico recovering from last year's record oil spill and now the HAARP laser rays thought to generate earthquakes is thought to disrupt the magnetosphere in the upper level of the atmosphere.

Pick which one...and you're most likely to be wrong. I can't debunk theories myself on what's behind the dead birds, fish and crabs to bring grave concern. On the internet forums, religious fundamentalists and new age (2012) theorists left some provocative posts described it an "Aflockalypse" to play on the end of the world has began. :unsure:

Ok this is starting to creep me out a little bit

Haarp project yeah i doubt that

but for those of you who think its due the the media just actually covering these event

I think you are wrong as well. Thousands of birds and fish just washing up

This doesnt happen every day. If you think this has been happening for awhile now dont you think they would find that interesting on days when they have no other stories? I thought it was a fluke to start with but the number keep growing... There is something more going on here and i honestly dont have any idea what it is but i for one surely wont believe that it is due to better media coverage or the fact they are trying to play the 2012 card on us...

Ever few thosand years the magnetic poles switch. This has happened before in the past, and one of my professors says we are due for another magnetic switch in these next few years. It just causes electricity to move backwards and magnets to switch and such. There might be a period of time where people have to go without cellphones and such until everything is fixed to the new magnetic switch-a-roo

Ever few thosand years the magnetic poles switch. This has happened before in the past, and one of my professors says we are due for another magnetic switch in these next few years. It just causes electricity to move backwards and magnets to switch and such. There might be a period of time where people have to go without cellphones and such until everything is fixed to the new magnetic switch-a-roo

By the next few years he probably means about 2000 years with the current rate the magnetic field is disappearing.

The dead birds fish and crabs (and who knows what else) may have died of sound alright

but no sound you can hear. Not a sound earplugs can keep out and definitely NOT fireworks.

But how about ELF and ULF 'projects' aka: war games?

Project HAARP has been mentioned here too, check it out...we won't get the truth

from the gov no matter what the cause was.

HAARP theory article

HAARP-1.jpg

If one of these sound wave weapons can be dispensed from a jet whizzing over at

high altitude with fireworks to cover the noise at night who knows.

Maybe it was only supposed to kill fish not birds but

experiments and tests are unpredictable

and the birds wouldn't have had water surrounding them for any protection.

You know "other countries" are also working on these kinds of sound frequency weapons.

Not just us. Who knows how compact and portable a device it takes to do damage by now.

It 'can' happen here. 9-11 proved that.

I was thinking about the same thing and I think they are testing their things for the 2012 event named "Project Bluebeam"

Read this and you will understand http://educate-yourself.org/cn/projectbluebeam25jul05.shtml

I think I am done with this thread. Trying to bring some common sense to this topic is like trying to hold back the ocean. :rolleyes:

Okay, in order to lay to rest some of the more extravagant theories, I went through and researched not only the recent mass die-offs, but others, in the past, which had similar numbers and areas involved. IE- for the Drum fish, I did not look at drum fish fish kills all over, but the ones in Chesapeake Bay specifically. . .all in order to develop a rough statistical probability of having all of these mass-deaths during a short amount of time. Then I remember that I stink at statistics. It will, though, I hope, at least illustrate, to a point, how common or not these occurrences really are on the massive scale. I did NOT include any low number group deaths, but tried to stick with the higher and more unusual numbers. Of course, seeing as though I only spent a couple of days digging up information, I imagine there are quite a few that I may have missed. Anyways, here's what I've found so far:

December 31 2010

Beebe, Arkansas- 5000 redwinged blackbirds, area: aprox. 1 sq. mile

Town population: ~5600

Cause: Unknown and debatable

Previous cases of mass deaths of blackbirds >1000- 16 in 30 years.

Notes: The blunt force trauma associated with the birds has been challenged by at least a few vetenarians who have argued that the internal injuries could have been sustained by the fall. If the time of death and impact are close enough together, it is difficult to determine which came first.

The original explanation of the fireworks began to explain that the birds had, actually, died from stress and injuries were sustained from their falls. This theory then grew into what it is today by explaining that, by being startled from their roosts, the birds flew into buildings and into each other. While fireworks are a popular option, one would have to examine the daily pressures placed on blackbirds in the south. They are considered a plague, and are regularly subjected to professional grade "booming" equipment night and day in order to scare them to new roosts. This is a VERY common occurrence, some even designing and patenting "loud noise makers" for this specific purpose. This does not rule out the possibility that this particular roost had not adapted to this practice as others have seemed to, and were startled more than others. However, one would have to question why, when these noise makers are put into practice with larger roosts, why more mass deaths are not seen. And, yes, professional grade fireworks have been and are still used to deter massive roosts. This type of death in relation to those practices have not, in any way, been common. Again, however, this does not, necessarily, rule it out. The population of the town was added to point out that there would be far less noise pollutants than in higher populated areas. The birds may not have be as exposed to as many loud noises, and, therefore, were not as accustomed to them. However, the birds were in an area where roost disruption is more common than areas of higher population.

It is also VERY important to note that many of the birds were found ON TOP of roofs, meaning that they did NOT have impact with a building. Others also fell in areas where impact with a building would have been impossible. If there was any impact at all, it would have had to have been with each other.

Another issue which has to be looked at is the seismic activity in the area which could connect all three incidents, as well as other less reported mass deaths which occurred in the area during this time. Past mass deaths involving blackbirds have most often had easily identifiable natural causes. Storms being the number one cause. Storms, however, were not in the area during the time of this particular death. Weather experts have agreed that lightening and hail can be ruled out. Illness has also been a factor in the past which has been ruled out in this case.

December 29, 2010-

82,680 Drum fish

Cause: Currently Unknown but believed to be caused by an illness rather than cold since other cold-sensitive fish were not affected. Parasites and bacteria have been ruled out as has pollution and water quality. The fish are now being tested for virus-related causes, the results which will take at least 3 more weeks to receive.

Past Cases: "Several in the last 5 years" This is unspecific, but most of the past fish kills found in the Arkansas Game and Fish Commision archives are not of such a large number. Many are around the 1000 or so range. Causes range from pesticides to viruses such as the Largemouth Bass Virus (LMBV). The archives go back several years, and I have not been able to find a kill this large specific to drum fish.

January 4, 2011-

500 red-winged blackbirds

This case is included only due to its proximity to the previous two cases, in which a common environmental factor my be involved. Over all, a mass death of 500 is not spectacular.

Cause: Officially, the most likely cause has been powerlines. However, only around 50 of the birds were found close enough to powerline with injuries that would reasonably conclude this as a source of death. The rest of the birds were over a quarter of a mile away, and many did not have injuries consistant with those found closer to the power lines. Other experts have speculated that an underlying illness could have been a factor, as well as starvation. Tests are still underway to confirm or rule out these factors.

~January 5, 2011

2 million fish, Spot and Croaker

Cause: Deaths were attributed to cold water. Water tests show water quality was not a contributing factor.

Previous cases of mass deaths- 2 1976: 15 million, 1980: no specific number, less than 15 million. Even looking through the Maryland Department of the Environment archives, I could find no actual number for 1980.

~January 5, 2011 (though reports began as early as December 29th)

100 tons Sardine, Catfish, Croaker (mostly sardines)

Location: Paranagua, Brazil and more dead fish have turned up in other parts of the Antonina coast, including Guaraquecaba and Pontal do Pontal do Paraná.

Cause: Unknown. Cold has been ruled out as a factor. Environmental issues are believed to be the cause. Awaiting test results.

Past Cases: Difficult to ascertain with the flooding of information from more recent cases. In 2009, 30 tons washed up on Chilean beaches which later became 300 tons of sardines and other mixed fish, preceded by 1500 dead penguins a couple of weeks earlier. This is the only other sardine mass death I have been able to find that is measured in tons. It doesn't mean its the only other one, but outlets are being clogged by recent events.

~January 6, 2011

~25000-40,000 dead velvet swimming crabs

Cause: Unknown, but believed to be cold related. Diseases and water quality have been ruled out

Previous cases: This has been occurring for the past few years in England. Every year thousands of crabs wash up around this time of year, sometimes in larger numbers. The deaths have been pinpointed to occur at times when there is snow on the beaches.

January 8, 2011

8000 Turtle Doves

Cause: Unknown, but believed to be either poison or altitude sickness

Previous cases: None found with such high numbers in such a concentrated area.

So, using what information I could find over the past thirty years regarding similar mass deaths these are the results I have to work with. These numbers exclude recent events.

Deaths of blackbirds over 1000= 16

Massive sardine kills in South America= 1

Massive fish kills in Chesapeake Bay= 2

Massive fish kills in Arkansas River= none related to freshwater drums or substanstial enough to include

Massive crab deaths in England- At least 2, this has been at a 100% rate, but only within the last few years. It will have to be taken into consideration when calculating the statistics of all of this happening at the same time.

Deaths of doves in Italy- none, but if it is a case of poisoning due to the hysteria, it can be ruled out.

I'm horrible at statistics, so I can't really say exactly what this adds up to. It seems I really wish I was better at statistics, or that someone well versed in them could look at the incidents and say, with more certainty, what the statistical likelihood of such events to occur within such a short time frame would be. That, of course, would require more extensive research into lower number mass-deaths and their statistical probability as well.

I have to admit, though. . .they say mass deaths of this magnitude are common. . .In many of the reports I read of past incidents, the attitude was the opposite. It seems they have become more common in recent years, and, therefore, more "common" relatively speaking. In any environmental change, the creatures tending to be more sensitive will die first. Fish are notoriously sensitive to environmental changes natural and man made. There have been an unusual amount of record breaking winters the past few years, which have taken their toll on wildlife and fish. As the issue increases, which is has been gradually, the side effects will worsen. We might be taking notice of it now because it's making itself a little more well-known, but it's a process that has been going on for a while.

As for the cropping up of bird deaths. . .Most of them are in lower numbers- in the hundreds, but they have been scattered in many different locations. From a college in the US to a country across the world. In most of these cases, the birds died in a similar way. They all died from trauma from an overall unknown source. There have also been at least two cases of blue-beak, including the one in Italy. In order to fully map out the statistical probabilities, one would have to look into each case individually and do what I did in researching the frequency of occurrence both relative and non-relative to location and then narrowing down the odds of them all happening within the amount of time that they did. In doing that, one could truly find out how "strange" this all is. I, for one, definitely don't have the time or resources to do that, at least by myself. . .

Edited by theGhost_and_theDarkness

I blame project blue book :P Or maybe HARP :ph34r: Ok your inside joke aside. What about pesticide?

Hate to quote myself but it does look like pesticides are the best plausible answer. Meaning corporate government was in the know and it was a government lie that was spoon feed to the media to say huh we don't know jack. You better believe they have a file on jack 8 libraries full.

Mystery solved... :alien:

Read all about it. ;)

This does noting but make you look like a distraction from the issue.

Hey look your shoes untied............ kick to the head. Your pompas approach to this makes you look foolish mr swamp gas.

You post are 99% logic but this post is a huge fail here when you swallow the bs so easy and then make light of it. It really takes away from your credibility in other threads. Government approval of known pesticides that kill birds look it up. Might even shock you that your own government cam close to killing off the bald eagle.

Hate to quote myself but it does look like pesticides are the best plausible answer. Meaning corporate government was in the know and it was a government lie that was spoon feed to the media to say huh we don't know jack. You better believe they have a file on jack 8 libraries full.

Silver ,

Do you have any documentation or reports to back that up?...Do you mean for the Arkansas event , or all of them combined?

I would love to see it , I have seen a few from the past that were from Pesticides , years ago.

This does noting but make you look like a distraction from the issue.

Hey look your shoes untied............ kick to the head. Your pompas approach to this makes you look foolish mr swamp gas.

You post are 99% logic but this post is a huge fail here when you swallow the bs so easy and then make light of it. It really takes away from your credibility in other threads. Government approval of known pesticides that kill birds look it up. Might even shock you that your own government cam close to killing off the bald eagle.

Give me a break dude. You can take your judgmental attitude and shove it up your hind end.

It was a linked reference to someone else claiming the reason for the deaths is attributable to in impending alien invasion. Do I believe it? No. Is it worthy of mention in a thread that is about these animal deaths? Why not?

Deal with it.