Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare 'panda cow' born

Still Waters

A rare miniature cow with markings similar to a panda was born on a farm in northern Colorado.

The so-called "panda cow" born in Larimer County is thought to be one of only about 24 in the world.

The male calf named Ben was born Friday morning, according to The (Loveland) Reporter-Heralrd.His mother is a Lowline Angus cow while his father, Donovan, is a panda bull on the farm.

Farmer Chris Jessen raises miniature cattle and also owns a miniature kangaroo on his hobby farm.

The miniature panda cow is the result of genetic manipulation. A white belt encircles the animal's midsection, and the cow has a white face with black ovals around the eyes, giving it a panda-like appearance.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d e v i c e

• Mistydawn

• Still Waters

• xXHellkittiesXx

I bet their next challenge is to create a cow that looks like a zebra. :lol:

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

this so called 'rare' panda cow is a result of intentional genetic mutation to achieve a desired appearance to market as a pet.

hmm...

It's very cute, but I can't say I've ever heard of anyone having a cow for a pet. Do they make good pets? I know pigs are intelligent and can be trained, but can cows??:huh:

I sort of wonder about the authenticity of this story. Looks like nothing more than a miniature holstein to me.

That looks nothing like a Holstein. Its probably bred down from dexters for the size, Belted Galloways for the white ring on the belly and maybe some Heriford for the white face. :tu:

It's very cute, but I can't say I've ever heard of anyone having a cow for a pet. Do they make good pets? I know pigs are intelligent and can be trained, but can cows??:huh:

If you hand feed them from birth, they are like big puppies although toilet training might be the problem :wacko::lol: I've got 3 out of my herd which are fully tame, theyd give you a big lick but their tounges are so rough :lol:

That looks nothing like a Holstein. Its probably bred down from dexters for the size, Belted Galloways for the white ring on the belly and maybe some Heriford for the white face. :tu:

If you hand feed them from birth, they are like big puppies although toilet training might be the problem :wacko::lol: I've got 3 out of my herd which are fully tame, theyd give you a big lick but their tounges are so rough :lol:

I really don't know why.... but I always imagined a cows tounge licking you would feel like a big wet velvety slurp....:yes:

I prefer just to look at them. I mean they just like to stand there and that's ok. Like a big giant chilled out dog. Moooooo! Lol

Why would anyone want a cow for a pet? I think they should

be bred for petting zoos or something like that.