Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Airdrie UFO Photograph

Saru

This is a photograph taken of a UFO in Airdrie, Scotland, that was sent to me via E-Mail by Stephen Dymock who took the picture. The image was published in the local newspaper, and shows a helicopter, with an odd shaped object flying above it.

user posted image

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigsteff

• Loonboy

• FreyKade

• snuffypuffer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's interesting, no doubt.

From what I can see the light and shadow on the object seems to match the light and shadow on the helicopter, so that's one hoaxer's flaw out of the way. The image doesn't look doctored.

Hard to even guess what the object is but it does appear to be a genuine UFO in the real sense of the term.

It's strange that Mr Dymock didn't see the object at the time of the shot, which has happened on other Ufo photographs, which adds credence to the story.

wacko.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi, im new here. smile.gif

At first glance I thought the other 'object' may have been an insect flying past the camera lense. Its sort of insect shaped and that could possibly be an explanation why the photographer didnt notice it whilst photographing the 'copter.

But, like Loonboy pointed out, the 'light/shadow' effects on the UFO do seem to match those of the helicopter.

Hmmmmm.

dry.gif

Tai smile.gif

Just noticed some odd patterning in the sky around both the helicopter and the

object and for a minute thought it might have been tampered with, but then

realised that when you convert an image to jpeg, you sometimes get that effect,

so it's probably not...

dry.gif

Could the second object mearly be the underbelly of another helicopter? Its debatable none the less.

i would like to point out a couple of things

1 there was only one helicopter in the sky...the one in the photograph is used by strathclyde police,,it's based in glasgow...it's a common site in the skies above airdrie

2 it's not the perfect fake or even a fake....how do i know becuase i took it,,and the image is still contained in the memory card inside the digital camera...as far as i am aware you can't transfer an image from the pc to the memory card inside the camera......besides i'm a point and click camera person..yes i can upload to the p.c and cut and change the contrast and things ,but thats it ..a true expert would see a fake ..just by looking closely at the pixels and seeing that they do not blend as they should,,i prosume...i've heard the bug theory but i'm not to sure on that one as a bug to show up that big on the image would really have to be close and the fact the handle on the window is in the forefront and is highly visible then surely a bug would be too if it was so close to the camera..still as we all know it could be anything.....after all how many of you at one time felt like throwing your satelite dish away..lol .. of course if it was that then it must have been big arnie that threw it..the helicopter seems high enough....anyway it's another photo that gives ,,food for thought...lets keep looking bye for now people ...stephen.p.dymock

I have a question

was the ufo and helicopter both visible in the camera viewfinder when you took the photo.

smile.gif

I don't mean to question your credibility Steff, but there seems to be a pattern with photos like this and the photographer not seeing the object at the time of taking the photo. I just wonder why that is. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt but if you could maybe let me in on why you took the photo or something, maybe is there something else in the picture and this is a detail?

maybe the ufo was travelling fast enough to not be seen, but slow enough to be captured on film

the only reason you see the picture as it is .....is becuase it had to be cropped to fit on this site...if you would like the actual photo and newspaper report let me know and i will e-mail you them......as i said the image is still in the camera....the newspaper report gives you the explanation as to why i took the photo in the first place.......

check out the ufo reports..look under uk/scotland/airdrie

they have since added a bit on at the bottom about the red helicopters...

but the red helicopter is used by strathclde police and you could put money on seeing it at least once every two weeks in this area...and to prove it lol..check out the pic with this reply..if it loads.....same helicopter only closer

post-35-1047154766.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think two helicopters are flyin'....the second one is clear and the top one is flying in such a way that it looks like a saucer,,,but no such thing...

• 3 months later...

very strange... it is an unusual object that cannot be seen w/ the naked eye or veiw finder but on a digital photograph...could it be a flaw in the camera? I mean, you never know.

scratch that, that site cleared things up for me. but if it is an extraterrestrial space craft, then what's it doin sideways?