Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

525 , another very popular palindrome number, is name of many restaurants, bars, hotels, products and other places people are supposed to spend money for. However, my favorite is 525 BC, year when battle of Pelusium was fought, where massive Persian army defeated Pharaohs chosen and annexed Egypt to their vast empire.

Srsly, of all the minutes of the day and around 6 entries per day, it had to be me who gets owned again :D

Well then, in 526 BC, incident happened that made Persians plan the Egypt campaign:

According to Herodotus, another motivation that solidified Persians expedition into Egypt, was Phanes of Halicarnassus. Originally a council man and advisor to Pharaoh, an unknown course of events led to bitterness developing between them to the point that Pharaoh sent an Egyptian eunuch after Phanes, pursuing him across the known world. Phanes was captured in Lycia but then he outwitted his guards by getting them drunk and escaped to Persia.

There, he assisted the Persian king in all manners of strategy, and was instrumental in shaping his resolve for conquest of Egypt.

Edited by Amalthe
  • Like 2

In 2009, 527 people died by suicide in Ireland.

Back on track now, numbers-wise!

Edited by schizoidwoman

In previous post, it is clear that Persians had additional motivation for invading Egypt. It is interesting so I'll make double post :D

According to Herodotus, an Egyptian physician was requested by Persian King from Pharaoh Amasis on good terms, to which Pharaoh complied. The physician (most likely an ancient ophthalmologist) resented the forced labor and separation from his wife and children that Amasis had imposed on him, and in retaliation, persuaded Persian King to ask of Amasis a daughter in marriage, knowing how Amasis would dislike losing his daughter to a Persian.

Persian King complied requesting the hand of the daughter of Amasis in marriage. Pharaoh, unable to let go of his offspring, and unwilling to start a conflict with the Persians, instead sent a tall and beautifull Egyptian girl named Nitetis who was a daughter of previous pharaoh whom Amasis had defeated and killed, and now whose daughter was to be sent in place of Amasis's own offspring.

Once greeted by Persian King as "the daughter of Amasis", Nitetis explained the trickery employed by Amasis to avoid giving away his own daughter to the king. This infuriated Persian King who vowed to avenge the insult. All this probably happened In 528 BC. :D

Edited by Amalthe
  • Like 1

Cyrus, King of Persia died in 530BC

Roomba 531

is robotic vacuum cleaner.

Not a car! Yay, my self-control is amazing :D

• Like 2

532... the first year in which the Anno Domini calendar is used for numbering years. I guess that's 532 AD? :P Sorry it should be AD 532.

Edited by Lady Kasey

533. U-533 was a German submarine, launched in September 1942 and sunk in the Gulf of Oman in October 1943. There was only one survivor, who spent the rest of the war as a POW.

534 is the fourth studio album by rapper Memphis Bleek. The title is a reference to the address of Marcy Houses, 534 Flushing Ave., where Bleek and Jay-Z grew up.

A single by Bleek's mentor and childhood friend Jay-Z entitled "Dear Summer" was produced by Just Blaze. Other guests include Young Gunz, M.O.P., and the first ever appearance from Rihanna.

traveller reviews made certain hotel in the heart of Oxford very highly rated, except the unpleasant smell in the lobby.

A.D. 538. This year the sun was eclipsed, fourteen days before

the calends of March, from before morning until nine.

(Anglo-Saxon Chronicle)

Each year

people die from lithium poisoning caused by licking your finger immediately after handling mobile phone battery. The death rate is high because it takes up to four months for first symptoms to show up.

No, not really, I just wanted to give you some nightmare material.

Year 540 was a leap year starting on Sunday . At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Iustinus without colleague . I guess it was his lustiness that scared all his colleagues away :wacko:

Year 540 was a leap year starting on Sunday . At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Iustinus without colleague . I guess it was his lustiness that scared all his colleagues away :wacko:

No, I think it might have been his full title....Flavius Marianus Petrus Theodorus Valentinus Rusticius Boriades Germanus Lustinus! His mates could never remember his Email address!!!!

AD 541 saw Anisius Faustus Albinus Basilius junior as Consul. (Loads more mates than Lustinus!)

• Like 1

A.D. 544. This year died Wihtgar; and men buried him at Carisbrook.

(Anglo-Saxon Chronicles)

See? Not only am I playing a game, I'm still teaching history too!!!

• Like 1

Gliese 546 is an orange dwarf star in constellation Boötes.

• Like 1

The 548th. Volksgrenadier Division was formed in October 1944 and fought in Poland and East prussia under its Commander, Generalmajor Erich Sudau.

Edited by ealdwita

table tennis balls dropped on the floor at once would create the same impact force as 29 average chicken eggs. Seriously. Only it would be a lot easier to clean up after dropping tennis balls than eggs, so this was never confirmed by an actual experiment.