Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

702AD: This year Kenred assumed the government of the Southumbrians

702AD: This year Kenred assumed the government of the Southumbrians

If nothing else, this thread has introduced some UM'ers to the joys of the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles!

Einsatzsonderkommando 703 was a part of the Nazi Ahnenerbe Organization which was formed in 1935 to research the anthropological and cultural history of the Aryan race.

IBM 704 is a computer from 1954.

Wunderschöner Nepalteppich Shangrila 705 is wonderful Nepal-style rug, part of aktuellen Wissenbach-Kollektion. Günstig online kaufen :lol:

• Like 1

The Boeing 707 is a mid-size, narrow-body four-engine jet airliner built by Boeing Commercial Airplanes from 1958 to 1979.

(And no, I wasn't lurking around to jump in with an easy one)

Edited by J. K.
  • Like 1

The Boeing 707 is a mid-size, narrow-body four-engine jet airliner built by Boeing Commercial Airplanes from 1958 to 1979.

(And no, I wasn't lurking around to jump in with an easy one)

Nothing wrong with that! Guess what I'm going to do if I happen to get 727, or 737 or 747, or... :yes:

Anyway...

708. Intelsat 708 was a telecommunications satelite which crashed on lift-off in China in 1996, killing an unknown number of civilians.

Edited by Titanicneversank
  • Like 1

Area code 709 is the telephone area code in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, encompassing the whole province.

The 710 is a freeway in Long Beach, Cal. (a.k.a. the Long Beach Freeway) connecting with L.A.

7-11 is a song by The Ramones.

Edited by schizoidwoman
  • Like 1

From Wiki:

712 is a 1991 album by the Japanese rock trio Shonen Knife. The album was named after the contraction of the Japanese words for the numbers 7 (nana), 1 (ichi) and 2 (futatu), which, when contracted, sound like "na-i-fu". Naifu is the imported word in Japanese for "knife" .

I wouldn’t know what they actually sound because I’m not brave enough to try listening said album.

• Like 1

713 is something significant to Harry Potter fans, apparently.

Edit - A bank vault!

Edited by schizoidwoman

According to the Urban Dictionary;

"714 is a slang term for quaaludes due to the markings that Rorer and them Lemmon pharmaceutical companies put on the tablets."

OK, that's the end of Mr.Nice Guy.....

AD 716

Her Osred Norþanhymbra cyning wearþ ofslægen, se hæfde .vii. winter rice æfter Aldferþe; þa feng Coenred to rice, heold .ii. gear; þa Osric 7 heold .xi. gear; on þam ilcan geare Ceolred Miercna cyning forþferde, his lic resteþ on Licetfelda, æþelrædes Pendinges on Bearddanigge; þa feng Æþelbald to rice on Mercium, heold .xli. wintra Æþelbald wæs Alweoing, Alweo Eawing, Eawa Pybing, þæs cyn is beforan awriten; Ecgbryht se arwierþa wer on Hii þam ealonde þa munecas on ryht gecierde. þæt hie Eastron onryht heoldon, þa ciriclecan scare.

• Like 1

In 717AD, Nechtan mac Der-Ilei, King of the Picts, expels the monks from the Scottish island of Iona.

The 718th. Infanterie Division (raised in 1941) was renamed 118th.Jäger Division in 1943.

Edited by ealdwita

719 was exactly 1000 years before the birth of the great Thomas Sheridan.

Edited by schizoidwoman

Average couple starts

arguments in their bed in 10 years period.

I have so much to say about that statistical abomination I won’t say anything.

In 721 Eadfrith, the Bishop of Lindisfarne and the author of the Lindisfarne Gospels, dies

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Tomorrow at

07:22

I’ll be in Hell, drinking coffee from thermos, thinking how you can cook a live frog if you only heat the water up gradually, so the poor amphibian doesn’t notice you’re freaking cooking it and how the same thing happened to me and my life.

USS Laffey (DD-724) is an Allen M. Sumner-class destroyer, currently a museum ship at Patriots Point in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.

Edited by J. K.