Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

AD1027 ... Cnut the Great celebrated his birthday. (yes, that's CNUT and not the other!

• Like 2

1028 William the Conqueror (Damn his eyes!) was born.

AD1027 ... Cnut the Great celebrated his birthday. (yes, that's CNUT and not the other!

It's probably best to use the 'Anglicized' version, Canute, Misty! (That would be his 32nd. birthday then?)

1028 William the Conqueror (Damn his eyes!) was born.

It's probably best to use the 'Anglicized' version, Canute, Misty! (That would be his 32nd. birthday then?)

Ah, I see! I bow to your supreme knowledge of history and language ealdwita!

As for which birthday he celebrated, don't know, don't care as if even if my predecessors were there and there were one of which I am an incarnate of, I most probably wouldn't have been invited.

1029 is the number Misty missed because she had family emergency. I know the feeling.

1030 is the estimated number of bees I’ve seen today. I also saw so many winged ants I’ll have to wait for the end of this thread to fit them in.

• Like 1

AD 1031 - HenryI succeeds father Robert II as King of France

(sorry Helen, was just responding to ealdwita...)

No one sane would notice, Misty, it’s just my OCD, I’ve been policing the thread since the beginning, pestering people to keep the post number match the number :D

So,

Flute Sonata in A major, BMW BWV 1032, by Johann Sebastian Bach to calm the atmosphere and drive modern tone-deaf kids insane.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

AD 1033... Panic spreads throughout Europe that the end of the universe may be near, on the supposed 1,000th anniversary of the crucifixion of Christ, due to some unusually harsh spring weather. The Book of Revelation predicts the end of the earth after a 1000 year period.

Edited by Kasey2601
  • Like 1

1034. In 1034, Empress Zoe of Byzantium married her chamberlain and elevated him to the throne of the Eastern Roman Empire, where he became known as Michael IV.

UN Security Council Resolution 1035

from 1995, or "better late than never".

Edited by Helen of Annoy

AD 1036.... 5 February... Alfred Aetheling dies. He was one of eight sons of Ethelred the Unready and brother to Edward the Confessor.

• Like 1

Ethelred the Unready... I have a friend like that... she’ll be late to her own funeral because she wasn’t ready.

Anyway,

I always thought there are exactly 1037 badger hairs in a good quality shaving brush but it turned out I was wrong. It takes a lot more.

But it’s how many weeks a badger hair shaving brush will last, on average.

1038... the number of ways I must devise of murdering Justin Beiber before I can allow myself to pick one and git 'er done.

• Like 1

"Error 1039 is a critical system problem that is commonly caused by an unstable system registry or corrupt system files that are required to run Windows smoothly."

(and it's not a date or a radio frequency!)

Edited by J. K.
  • Like 1

Form 1040 is the most basic tax form for US citizens to use to file Federal Income Taxes.

In February this year, city of Dubrovnik celebrated 1041st annual Festa Svetog Vlaha (Fiesta of St.Blaise).

• Like 1

AD1043 Fulk IV of Anjou (known as 'le Rechin') was born.

AD 1042...... 8 June Edward the Confessor becomes king of England

Ealdwita (humerous) snippet.........Some historians believe that 'Confessor' wasn't Edward's real nickname. It was rumoured that before he became king, he ran a small sweet-shop in Camden High Street and was called 'Edward the Confectioner!

Sorry! s11718.gif

• Like 3

1044 is the number of times Helen will have a stress attack because the count doesn't match the number of posts.

1045 is the number that messes with her mind.

• Like 1

In 1046, Henry III was crowned Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Clement II.

• Like 1

Now we're off again. Thanks acute. :td:

AD 1047 is...

• 496 in the Armenian calendar
  • 454 in the Bengali calendar
  • 1997 in the Berber calendar
  • 1591 in the Buddhist calendar
  • 4807-08 in the Hebrew calendar
  • 1590 in the Thai solar calendar

• Like 1

AD 1047 is...

• 496 in the Armenian calendar
  • 454 in the Bengali calendar
  • 1997 in the Berber calendar
  • 1591 in the Buddhist calendar
  • 4807-08 in the Hebrew calendar
  • 1590 in the Thai solar calendar

....and 2070 in the Nepalese calendar.

OK Kasey, you can stop gnashing your teeth - we're back in synch now! s6447.gif

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you... thank you both... I thought I’ll have to rush to the bathroom and count the tiles to calm down and resist the urge to skip the number :D

1048 people captured by partisans by the end of WWII in Gorizia area (on then undetermined border between Slovenia and Italy), never to be seen again.

Real fascists run away, those who were not communists but thought they are clean and therefore have nothing to fear of, stayed. And died. You could say they died from naivety. Combined with communist custom of executing anyone literate.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

In 1050 the brewery of Weltenburg Abbey is first mentioned, thus making it one of the oldest still operating breweries in the world - says Wikipedia, just so you don't think I can write full sentence on my own.

AD 1051: Godwin, Earl of Wessex, is exiled from England by King Edward the Confessor for refusing to take action against the townspeople of Dover. He returns the following year.

(Edward the Confectioner was sooooo wishy-washy)

• Like 1

In 1052 Milarepa, Tibetan Buddhist teacher was born. I chose him because his name sounds like “dear beet” in Croatian.

• Like 1