Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

In 1304 the battle of Mons-en-Pévèle is fought to a draw between the French army and the Flemish militias.

1305. The Scottish patriot William Wallace was captured by the English and executed in 1305 AD.

Gymnasium 1306 is the School of Young Politicians, founded in Moscow in 2001. The mission of the Gymnasium is to educate citizens of the World, true patriots upholding the universal human values, demonstrating responsibility for their country and humankind, committed to serving their nation through active involvement in politics. A breeding ground for new world order leaders if you ask UM members :D

• Like 2

On October 'Friday the 13th' 1307 all Knights Templar in France are simultaneously arrested by agents of Phillip the Fair, to be later tortured into "confessing" heresy.

1308 green bottles, sitting on the wall... :whistle:

• Like 2

On October 'Friday the 13th' 1307 all Knights Templar in France are simultaneously arrested by agents of Phillip the Fair, to be later tortured into "confessing" heresy.

He doesn't sound very fair to me ....... oh wait! does that mean 'fair-haired' or 'handsome'? :blush:

Okay: 1309 *sighs* it's beginning to feel as if we're going backwards with this. We'll all be dead before we reach the halfway mark! I know, I know, I don't contribute much :blush:

NGC1309 is a SPIRAL GALAXY located approximately 120 million light-years away in the constellation ERIDANUS. It is about 75,000 light-years across.

To be honest, as soon as people/astronomers start spouting such impossibly large numbers, I stop believing them. My credulity shrinks in direct proportion to the increase in size of the numbers. PLUS: how can something physical be measured in units of time?

• Like 1

In 1310 Muhammed III, former Sultan of the Emirate of Granada is blinded and found dead in a pool after an attempted coup to retake his throne from his brother Nasr.

1311 Cliff Richard is born...

• Like 2

1312. King Edward III of England was born in 1312. It is not recorded whether Cliff Richard was a favourite singer of his...

In 1314 King Håkon V Magnusson moves the capital of Norway from Bergen to Oslo, where he builds Akershus Fortress. Norway is ruled from this fortress for the next 500 years.

1315 an historic event of some sort happened.

NGC 1316 (also known as Fornax A) is a lenticular galaxy about 70 million light-years away in the constellation Fornax.

472px-Ngc1316_hst.jpg

• Like 1

There are 1,318 people according to the 2010 US Census in:

• Eagle Butte, South Dakota
  • Renovo, Pennsylvania
  • Barry, Illinois
  • Fulda, Minnesota
  • Rock Port, Missouri
  • St. John, Kansas

If, at a whopping 25 posts a day, it would take over 109-years to achieve this from the current count.

(1,000,000-1319 post = 998,681 remaining.)

I'm fairly certain of 2 things. One, you will not get 25 posts per day, maybe one, three or ten, bringing that up to well over 200-500 years to achieve this.

Secondly, you will not be alive to bask in the result. And, the world as we know it may well be much changed.

10,000 - 100,000 would have been more realistic.

Just call me "party pooper"

1319 was the post posted by the 'party pooper'...

While 1320 is the number of the post made by the 'party starter'

Come on Pallidin, if you can't beat them, join them. ;)

1321, in August of this year 160 Jews of Chincon France were burned at stake.

1322. The year 1322 was 601 years before my grandmother was born.

In 1326 the use of the word "cannon" is first recorded in reference to a firearm.

1327. JetBlue #1327 will get you from Boston to Baltimore in about 1 hour 45 minutes,

1328. Is it that late already? I gotta run!

• Like 1