Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific explanation for Ghosts?

DougWood

Ghosts are simply cerebral toxins, a by-product of clandestine subterranean lab facilities applying synthetic telepathic/neuro-impulse weapons. Scientists construct thought viruses and trasmit them to the Human Mind. These artifical images bypass the retina and optic nerve and are affixed to the visual portion of the cerebral cortex. If you resist, they'll terrorize you.

Sadly, given the forum we are in, I cant tell whether youre serious or not.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• vitruvian12

• Ignus Fatuus

• DougWood

Ghosts are simply cerebral toxins, a by-product of clandestine subterranean lab facilities applying synthetic telepathic/neuro-impulse weapons. Scientists construct thought viruses and trasmit them to the Human Mind. These artifical images bypass the retina and optic nerve and are affixed to the visual portion of the cerebral cortex. If you resist, they'll terrorize you.

WOW!!!! :blink:

Infrasound and EMF may be an explanation for some phenomenon. I can also understand people seeing and hearing things which aren't there while their minds are primed to do so, as in a ghost hunt.

However infrasound or group hypnosis will not account for the movement of objects. For example a famly sitting down for dinner discussing their day or other unrelated comversation will see a shaker move across the level table, apparently under its own power.

I've heard explanations for the movements of objects which are bizare such as telekinesis. But those theories are just as strange as ghosts.

Some things that are known to manifest ghosts so that you can view them sunlight mixed with moisture, and particulate in the air.

Many phenomena are believed to be a inducers for your eyes to view them. They are always there, but you can't see them without a medium such as fog on the ground.

Some things that are known to manifest ghosts so that you can view them sunlight mixed with moisture, and particulate in the air.

Many phenomena are believed to be a inducers for your eyes to view them. They are always there, but you can't see them without a medium such as fog on the ground.

Are you saying you can see ghosts better when there is something obscuring your vision?

Are you saying you can see ghosts better when there is something obscuring your vision?

Thats what it sounds like to me as well. CPJason wouldnt you agree that things such as fog could actually distort your vision and possibly give you a false positive?

I would liken it to a old movie projector without a screen. You need a screen in order to see them. Infrasound may play a key in making the invisible visible. Without a backdrop to see them, you almost never will and the screen may be infrasound plus other factors in the atmosphere.

I am not sure about false positives, but I have had extreme luck finding viewable ghosts by being around infrasound, low rolling clouds in the daytime, dusty roads, and dirty houses with a single light on down a corridor and particulate in the air.

Edited by cpjason

I would liken it to a old movie projector without a screen. You need a screen in order to see them. Infrasound may play a key in making the invisible visible. Without a backdrop to see them, you almost never will and the screen may be infrasound plus other factors in the atmosphere.

I am not sure about false positives, but I have had extreme luck finding viewable ghosts by being around infrasound, low rolling clouds in the daytime, dusty roads, and dirty houses with a single light on down a corridor and particulate in the air.

You seem to set yourself up in situations where its easy to mistake naturally occuring things with ghosts. Do you see how anything you see in these settings could be caused by something a lot more explainable than ghosts? Since you have had such luck seeing these things do you have any pictures?

If you have had extreme luck finding "viewable ghosts", yes, please, do you have any pictures or videos to share with us? I, and obviously others, would love to see them. Unfortunately it sounds to me like you are just putting yourself in situations where it would be easy to mistake something for a "ghost".

Edited by Rock-Star

If you have had extreme luck finding "viewable ghosts", yes, please, do you have any pictures or videos to share with us? I, and obviously others, would love to see them. Unfortunately it sounds to me like you are just putting yourself in situations where it would be easy to mistake something for a "ghost".

Yes I would have to agree

• 2 months later...

Are you trying to mold her into someone that agrees with everything you say/believe?

Absolutely not. I think that's a red herring. If someone believes something that is scientifically incorrect/unproven or factually untrue (without evidence), should we not correct them or at the very least, show them the evidence that disputes such a belief or opinion? It's education; it's not molding into someone to agree with what I say or believe.

I'm gonna stick with my thoery that alot of ghost sightings are RIPS in time that under the perfect weather or enviromental changes become visible to the human eye.

• 3 months later...

With regards to infrasound, yes it could produce a sensed presence. Elevated infrasound has been found in some reportedly haunted sites and it does make a certain amount of sense as one explanation.

Quite a bit of time and effort has been expended here and elsewhere trying to explain why and why not things such as 'ghosts' are either not real or cannot (or should not) be explained by or of interest to science. But it is important to remember that anomalous (unexplained) phenomena MUST be explained by science. There is no option to opt out although many materialist scientists have tried to do so.

The real problem is that western science is quite ignorant of a key area of discussion that is only now finally coming to light. Western scientists have done an abysmal job of understanding what is going on below the sub-atomic level of reality. It is at this level where the psi phenomena seem to exist. Current parapsychology research (which is plentiful and definitive, uninformed 'skeptics' opinions to the contrary) demonstrate that something interesting is going on. Much of the phenomena is quite subtle; these experiments are not akin to boiling water. And that suggests strongly that we are dealing with phenomena that may exist at or below the sub-atomic level. And that is the problem; western scientists have no clue what is going on down there at the top of what is conventionally called the vacuum.

By constrast, interest in biophysics in Russia led them eventually to rediscover what is today called 'Torsion'. And it turns out that Torsion actually behaves exactly as we might expect the hypothesize force for psi to behave. So science has indeed stumbled across the answer, but at least in the West almost completely ignored it.

See Life Force by Claude Swanson, PhD for a highly detailed discussion and explanation of this research and its implications.

With regards to infrasound, yes it could produce a sensed presence. Elevated infrasound has been found in some reportedly haunted sites and it does make a certain amount of sense as one explanation.

Quite a bit of time and effort has been expended here and elsewhere trying to explain why and why not things such as 'ghosts' are either not real or cannot (or should not) be explained by or of interest to science. But it is important to remember that anomalous (unexplained) phenomena MUST be explained by science. There is no option to opt out although many materialist scientists have tried to do so.

The real problem is that western science is quite ignorant of a key area of discussion that is only now finally coming to light. Western scientists have done an abysmal job of understanding what is going on below the sub-atomic level of reality. It is at this level where the psi phenomena seem to exist. Current parapsychology research (which is plentiful and definitive, uninformed 'skeptics' opinions to the contrary) demonstrate that something interesting is going on. Much of the phenomena is quite subtle; these experiments are not akin to boiling water. And that suggests strongly that we are dealing with phenomena that may exist at or below the sub-atomic level. And that is the problem; western scientists have no clue what is going on down there at the top of what is conventionally called the vacuum.

By constrast, interest in biophysics in Russia led them eventually to rediscover what is today called 'Torsion'. And it turns out that Torsion actually behaves exactly as we might expect the hypothesize force for psi to behave. So science has indeed stumbled across the answer, but at least in the West almost completely ignored it.

See Life Force by Claude Swanson, PhD for a highly detailed discussion and explanation of this research and its implications.

What is below the sub atomic level. The things that arent known arent that way for lack of trying. With each generation of colliders more and more will be discovered about the sub atomic world. The reason science may seem behind the fancifull world of PSI research is because it prefers to find out facts rather then make them up to suit.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an article once where someone witnessed wood and steal 'merging' and they said that the fan in that place was producing sound waves around 3-8 Hz (which isn't in the human hearing rang) and that can cause 'hallucinations'.

But I have a different idea about ghosts: There a theories about multiple universes (omniverse, multiverse). These 'verses' lay next to each other or can even coexist in the same space. We humans can only witness 4 dimensions. If a human soul (which cannot be explained through science) will ascent into a different dimension when the person passes away we will not be able to 'notice'. But these dimensional souls will have the knowledge of the multiple dimensions and can travel through more than the four we can witness. When this soul comes into the 4 dimensions we know we can see them, and when they go into a 5th dimension we cannot see them. This way they can coexist everywhere with us, sometimes visible, but most times not visible.

Thats a good one

What is below the sub atomic level. The things that arent known arent that way for lack of trying. With each generation of colliders more and more will be discovered about the sub atomic world. The reason science may seem behind the fancifull world of PSI research is because it prefers to find out facts rather then make them up to suit.

Maybe some you high-tech guys can help me out here.we've actually picked up an old theory that for the most part has been abandoned by the scientific community called ether.We all know that physicists and quantum theory are missing 9/10 of the universe so they came up with a theory called black matter. Does anybody here know of any articles books or scientists that are working with the old ether theory.We are also working with frequency generators on ultrasonic and subsonic levels any information on such devices would be highly appreciated.Such as diagrams as my tech guys would like to build their own we have purchased a couple but these things start out in about $1200 and go up from there. we have found information in Russia and China but even from those places subsonic generators are expensive. I would appreciate any help in this area Thank you.

Maybe some you high-tech guys can help me out here.we've actually picked up an old theory that for the most part has been abandoned by the scientific community called ether.We all know that physicists and quantum theory are missing 9/10 of the universe so they came up with a theory called black matter. Does anybody here know of any articles books or scientists that are working with the old ether theory.We are also working with frequency generators on ultrasonic and subsonic levels any information on such devices would be highly appreciated.Such as diagrams as my tech guys would like to build their own we have purchased a couple but these things start out in about $1200 and go up from there. we have found information in Russia and China but even from those places subsonic generators are expensive. I would appreciate any help in this area Thank you.

Why would you think any reputable scientist is working on aether as a viable theory? It was abondoned by 1900 because of continuous non supporting results.

• 4 weeks later...

I was a skeptic about ghosts and paranormal activity in general until I actually saw a ghost first hand when I was 17.Im a very level headed and logical person ( well I think so anyway lol) and lets just say there is no true explanation other than what I saw was a ghost.Its easily to be dismissive about this topic and TV doesnt help the issue either on occassion. If you have never experienced it and thats fair enough because most people want to see the evidence first hand and until then they have no real reason to believe in the paranormal.

Lets just say my mind is forever changed on this topic and it was ONLY because I saw this event first hand for myself,if I never had saw a ghost then I would still be a skeptic.