Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Just Can't Live Without.....

Bracket

I can't live without nothing and everything. :P

• Like 1

I can't live without my veggies. Never thought I would say that but I do truly enjoy them.

• Like 2

Exercise. I really do enjoy the long walks, the push ups and the sit ups I do for exercise. :D

• Like 1

Well now what is there that I can't live without. With my problems I have found that a lot of things I thought I couldn't live without, in fact I can. The list includes beer, wine, soft drinks, juices, potato chips, sugar, cold cuts and other packaged meats. Be quite about French fries or I'm sure they will add it to the list too.Close

• Like 1

Well now what is there that I can't live without. With my problems I have found that a lot of things I thought I couldn't live without, in fact I can. The list includes beer, wine, soft drinks, juices, potato chips, sugar, cold cuts and other packaged meats. Be quite about French fries or I'm sure they will add it to the list too.Close

Good grief Frank. If I didn't know better I'd guess our problems were similar nature. I gave all those things up too. Also gave up anything with MSG, gluten and preservatives.

The only bad thing I consume these days is beer, in moderation of course.

• Like 1

Oh you mention something I probably have it -- uncontrollable high blood pressure, a couple heart attacks, diabetes, reflux, chronic hepatitis B (from during the war) with developing cirrhosis, and even hay fever and jock itch. The new thing though is a tendency to go out cold. That's why I'm in the states -- no one can figure out why, so since my employer has good insurance they shipped me to the states for all kinds of tests.

When I go out like that, I do like waking up and finding I'm still here. It makes me happy.

Close

Close

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 2

Oh dear! You definitely have more going on than I do. I'm just dealing with an extremely sensitive digestive sytem that becomes inflammed and loses its motility when I eat the wrong things. I would get so backed up that I could not eat for days.

I hope they find out what the problem is. I'm glad you able to keep your head up despite all you have going on.

• Like 2

I do have reflux, but it is readily dealt with. Otherwise my stomach handles what the doctors throw at it with no trouble.Close

• Like 2

It's a bit funny. When doctors don't know what causes something that have (in my experience) a tendency to dismiss the complaint as not "real," but someone who pulls off doing it while the doctor is in the room kinda has the advantage. All I know, and I guess this is good news, is that it is not a tumor or infection and all my organs are functioning fine.

The present theory has to do with not enough salt (lol) from my efforts to get my blood pressure down. We will see. I will say that has been a major benefit -- my blood pressure is now down from the new drugs they gave me.Close

• Like 1

I know what you mean. It took me many doctors before I found one that took me serious. One time I explained to my doctor that I had not pooped in 6 days and was unable to eat the last three days due to me being backed up. He checked my prostate, noted I was backed up and then preceded to tell me it was all in my head and wanted to put me on anti depressants. I told him I thought processed foods were the culprit and wanted to see a dietician, he flat out refused and insisted on pushing the antidepressants. I told him exactly what I thought of him and his antidepressants and have not seen him since.

So I became my own dietician and have systematically eliminated the foods that cause problems and slowly things have begun to get better. I have also found a very good Gastro Doc that takes my problem very seriously and he has been a big help. The next step is he wants to do an endoscopy of the small intestine and stomach because I do have a problem digesting the gluten protein in wheat as well as animal proteins.

It sucks getting old. ;)

• Like 2

Well as has been said a gazillion times, getting old ain't so bad if one considers the alternative.

That leads me back to what makes me happy: I was quite scared passing out like that every now and then. I had visions of tumors in my brain. That is it something much more treatable and really rather trivial really did make me happy.

• Like 2