Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breathing under Water

Disembodied Voice

This sounds like learning how to swim in concrete boots.

• 1 year later...

On 1/8/2011 at 3:27 AM, Disembodied Voice said:

When I was a little kid I would swim all summer every summer and it was weird cause it felt like I could breath under water for a little bit. It was like an air bubble that I kept breathing in and out in with short breaths...that's what it felt like at least...it's an odd memory but I remember it very well. Anyone experienced this? Could this be some kind of divers technique that I learned on my own? I haven't gone swimming in years so I don't know if I can still do it...I don't know if it was my imagination or not but I could stay under water for a long time back then..holding my breath or breathing under water (lol) :P but seriously what do you think? Please don't mock me. I know someone out there has experienced the same thing..

I really thought I was the only one to experience this. I used to love swimming as a child and I remember being able to breath under water, like there was just an air bubble around me and I would just sink to the bottom of the pool and just sit there breathing and I swear they were memories but now that I’m an adult I feel like maybe they were dreams but I’m not convinced that’s why I googled if anyone has had these same experiences.

Given some of the potentially dangerous ideas in this thread, I'm going to close this down.

Closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• The topic was locked