Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Disembodied Voice

Breathing under Water

162 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Anonymous Girl
Just now, XenoFish said:

You drown. 

Again, can't convince you yet. Only my word. But of course, I don't recommend trying it at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish
Just now, Anonymous Girl said:

Again, can't convince you yet. Only my word. But of course, I don't recommend trying it at all. 

Because it can not be done. Water is not oxygen saturated enough to make it real. Technologies such as liquid breathing are still being tested. (I provided a link earlier in this thread). 

No one at all should try it. Unless you want your woo to be the cause of some idiots death. 

Because some moron will try to breath water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
4 minutes ago, Anonymous Girl said:

I can't make you believe yet. I'm trying. But right now, you only have my word. I can't convince my word is true. But that doesn't mean that it is not possible. At one point in time, flying was impossible. Then airplanes came along. Actually, that's a terrible example, but I hope you get the point.

Unless we devolve into something with gills. All you've got is wishful thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymous Girl
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Because it can not be done. Water is not oxygen saturated enough to make it real. Technologies such as liquid breathing are still being tested. (I provided a link earlier in this thread). 

No one at all should try it. Unless you want your woo to be the cause of some idiots death. 

Because some moron will try to breath water. 

One, it's breathe. Not breath. Two, I am fairly certain that I have no woo. Three, I said not to try it. Four, you are not breathing the oxygen in the water. You are breathing the water itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymous Girl
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Unless we devolve into something with gills. All you've got is wishful thinking. 

Now I'm curious. How is gulls devolving? Could there be something where you have gills but can also breathe air? Fun thoughts, but again, not what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
5 minutes ago, Anonymous Girl said:

One, it's breathe. Not breath. Two, I am fairly certain that I have no woo. Three, I said not to try it. Four, you are not breathing the oxygen in the water. You are breathing the water itself.

Yep, that study about intelligence I read was right. Good luck with drowning, I mean breathing water.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
4 minutes ago, Anonymous Girl said:

One, it's breathe. Not breath. Two, I am fairly certain that I have no woo. Three, I said not to try it. Four, you are not breathing the oxygen in the water. You are breathing the water itself.

 

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Girl said:

Now I'm curious. How is gulls devolving? Could there be something where you have gills but can also breathe air? Fun thoughts, but again, not what I'm saying.

Interesting you choose to bust a member for what was likely a minor typo... then in a second quote make a typo error. 

And also, we do have a rule here on UM about busting folks out for things like spelling errors. Don’t do it please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymous Girl
13 minutes ago, rashore said:

 

Interesting you choose to bust a member for what was likely a minor typo... then in a second quote make a typo error. 

And also, we do have a rule here on UM about busting folks out for things like spelling errors. Don’t do it please.

Gulls was a typo. Breath was not. I have noticed that many times people mistake breath for breathe when they are two similar words with different meanings. Sorry for the typo. I try to proofread before I post and correct any grammatical mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anonymous Girl
16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yep, that study about intelligence I read was right. Good luck with drowning, I mean breathing water.:rolleyes:

Surprisingly, I'm not mad at your sarcasm. Actually, it makes me laugh. I know you do not believe me, and I know that my opinion differs from yours. However, I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone, or making sarcastic jokes to them. I merely tried to explain my point of view. I even said you were right in spots. However, this is getting nowhere, and I realize no one is of any help to me here. Therefore, I must be off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
9 minutes ago, Anonymous Girl said:

Gulls was a typo. Breath was not. I have noticed that many times people mistake breath for breathe when they are two similar words with different meanings. Sorry for the typo. I try to proofread before I post and correct any grammatical mistakes.

Ok, UM is an international forum, and sometimes folks spell checks register right and genuine typos happen. And don’t be sorry for your typo. It happens. Just like it did to XenoFish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
19 hours ago, moonman said:

The people who brag about how smart they are are usually not as smart as they think.

Who's bragging?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

main-qimg-e106da6bb76d4a72fd83b2b0a5731c

The less intelligent a person is the less open minded they are. Average IQ is about 100. Now, before you further insult the intelligence of individuals who question things and seek valid answers. How intelligent are you? 

How can I insult anyone, by describing average psychological profiles of people in certain ranges of IQ?

I do not know my own IQ. I once took a test that said 145, but I do not trust the source, so it could be any number. For me the IQ number is not important. It's how you use what you've got, that matters.

Edited by sci-nerd
missing word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.