Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Paramour Mansion

Roselynne

*The Paramour Mansion*

I assume as you read this sentence, you have no idea what the Paramour Mansion is. Well, it's a mansion. You know that.

It started as the Canfeild-Moreno estate, home of film star Antonio Moreno and his wife Daisy Canfield. They apparently loved throwing huge garden parties with tea and cakes and fancy stuff. The kind of party that, if you are anything, and I mean anything like me at ALL, you will never receive an invitation to. Sorry. I kind of got off topic. Now where were we? One foggy February night Daisy and a gal pal went to some party and all the stuff that happens at parties in 1933 happens. Well, as they were driving home, she and her friend slid off Mulholland Drive. Daisy inevitably died, the poor girl. Now, her friend said that she was trying to make the headlights brighter to see through the fog better. But when they found the car, the headlights were OFF. If 1933 is anything like 2011, accusations of foul play should be flying around the 1933 equalivent of UM. Well, then a miss Chloe P. Canfeild stumbles into the story and converts the house to a school for girls bearing her namesake. She then sells it and it becomes a convent for nuns. Then the Whittier Narrows earthquake of 1987 hits and the nuns sell the house. And then there's blank space. For 11 years the history of the house is unknown. Fill in your own explanation here. But in 1998 Ms. Dana Hollister buys the place and turns it into a recording studio. Several artists record there and perform on the grounds. So here is our recipe for a haunting: One tragic death with a chance of murder, a boarding school(because we all know boarding schools are no good),nuns, a time of mystery that could have been used for anything,and music.

So the the band My Chemical Romance steps on the scene in January of 2006. They had intentions of recording their album The Black Parade there. So they got there, and picked rooms. Well, the bassist Mikey Way got "The Blue Room."

"When we arrived in Los Angeles, we moved into an extremely haunted mansion called 'The Paramour.' This house had a huge history of odd and mysterious things occurring inside. Some of us laughed it off; others (cough, cough, me) found this house frightening. As luck would have it, I would wind up in the scariest (and later found from past residents) and most haunted room. To add to it, there was a single blue light bulb hanging form the ceiling that didn’t provide light, but an eerie glow. Dogs barking at thin air, doors slamming in front of people (Frankie and Gerard) and bathtubs filling with water when no one was home (Bob)."-Mikey Way

Fun. Well, to top that cocktail of insanity the band had shoved down their throats, Gerard Way (the lead singer) had his own encounters to deal with. He was having what he describers as "night terrors", in which he felt the sensation of someone gripping his throat. He was unable to move during these encounters. He also had nightmarish vision of Joan of Arc burning and those he loved dying. The band had no original intentions of recording a song called Sleep, but Gerard wrote the song after one of the encounters and it worked it's way into the album.

The band came across a beautiful painting of an angel above the mantle of a fireplace. After a band member moved something, however, the painting was shown to have a demon reaching for the angel's feet.

There were a series of encounters that involved the band Papa Roach, aswell. But I won't go into detail there, though it can be read about below in a series of links.

Canfeild-Moreno picture

Wikipedia link

So, what do you guys think?

• Like 1

The first flag went up when you mentioned that Miss Daisy's friend put on the high beams to see through the fog better. Everyone knows high beams blind you in fog. Publicity stunt perhaps?

• Like 1

The first flag went up when you mentioned that Miss Daisy's friend put on the high beams to see through the fog better. Everyone knows high beams blind you in fog. Publicity stunt perhaps?

My thoughts exactly.

Seems likely.

It is a pimpin pad tho. Too fly for nuns!

Isn't there a lame poppy rock band called paramore? any connection?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to attract an interesting crowd, I would say there is more going on there than meets the eye, sounds evil, almost like the kind of stories you hear about in Turn Bull canyon.

• 11 years later...

what do i think? let me tell you. my grandfather's cousin knew one of the nuns who lived in the paramour mansion. my grandfatehr and uncle used to cut the grass all around the mansion it is huge!!  we were there for the whole summer we go and they show us inside of mansion. they had a kennedy room very beautiful they had peacocks by the pool I remember there was an owl outside by the chapel where one of the nuns told me and my sisters that she used to hair footsteps from the hallway going to the chapel she said at first she was scared but then started talking to them? wow she was talking to demons! also when we would dress downstairs near the pool that dressing room was dingy and lights were very dim low. i remember my sisters ran out before they gave me a chance to run with them they left me alone and i remember slowing walking out and looking back because i felt an evil presence by me!! when other celebrities went there they said they also felt something evil in that place!  some would buy the property and move out they could not stand that place was demonic!! as for daisy canfield she died under mysterious circumstances but not by her husband. Hollywood is very evil

• Like 1

what do i think? let me tell you. my grandfather's cousin knew one of the nuns who lived in the paramour mansion. my grandfatehr and uncle used to cut the grass all around the mansion it is huge!!  we were there for the whole summer we go and they show us inside of mansion. they had a kennedy room very beautiful they had peacocks by the pool I remember there was an owl outside by the chapel where one of the nuns told me and my sisters that she used to hair footsteps from the hallway going to the chapel she said at first she was scared but then started talking to them? wow she was talking to demons! also when we would dress downstairs near the pool that dressing room was dingy and lights were very dim low. i remember my sisters ran out before they gave me a chance to run with them they left me alone and i remember slowing walking out and looking back because i felt an evil presence by me!! when other celebrities went there they said they also felt something evil in that place!  some would buy the property and move out they could not stand that place was demonic!! as for daisy canfield she died under mysterious circumstances but not by her husband. Hollywood is very evil i forgot to say this was in the late 70's when we where there.