Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horrid whistling demonic creature!

The Raven

What part of the country did this happen in?

I think cougars are pretty much restricted to the western US, and Canada. But a cougar appears red, and is large - it fits the bill as appearances go. They can take down animals big as elk and moose too. Never heard of one whistling though. 'Cept maybe a Mercury Cougar. lol

Edited by Redneck

It sounds alot like the monster in DarkAnubis' sig!

No one ever said billy whistles....besides, he only attcks who i tell him to rolleyes.gif

whistling2.gif well i don't know what it could be, anyone heard anymore information about it?

As I was reading that I was reminded of The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers... And then someone mentioned a Wendingo... Maybe that was Victor Salvadoris (I think that's the writer/director's name) for inspiration for The Creeper...

I've never had an experience of anything remotely paranormal or wierd... It would be kind of cool to experience something but I wouldn't want to be attacked by a 'demon' or get an anal probing or anything like that...

I just don't get the name wistling demon rings bells but i don't remember where i heard it before. Does anyone else feel like this

Here, I got a map and circled it in red to give you an idea of where this took place...if I remember correctly.

user posted image

That's a pretty darn big area. It might as well have been anywhere.

Do you blame me! I don't want to tell you EXACTLY where he lives unless he wants me too, and I've got to see him on again for that! Maybe I can post a smaller area soon...

A whistling sound is not uncommon surrounding various types of paranormal phenomena. However, in this case, while it does seem eerily familiar, I just can't put my finger on it.

I read about something similar a long time ago. It had to do with demon summoning.

Anyway, while looking for the story *I* had read, I came across this one:

http://www.heart7.net/spirit/p.html

Look at the Pretas

Demons

Deformed looking

36 different kinds

Whistle

I'm thinking what I had read was about one of them, but they called it something like 'whistling demon' or 'travelling devil' or a basic 'malevolent spirit' or some such thing.

actually i think i heard something like that by my house one night. Woke me up at like 2 in the morning, which is very unusual because i can usually sleep through just about anything. I didn't catch a glimpse of it, but the sound was pretty disturbing. Weird thing is, I live in New York, not the midwest, and I live in a town that's pretty dense, so how it got about unseen is a mystery. Perhaps it was a child.

I suppose the Pretas must have been what I was thinking of too. However, it doesn't seem very likely to be the culprit in this case.

Hmm...well after reading everybody else's ideas, all I have to see, is that my opinion is that there are a lot of different animals in this world that we don't know about, because there aren't many of them, either because they have been on the verge of extinction for a long time, or they're very shy, or because they simply don't wish to show themselves to us and they have the intelligence and means to keep out of our sight whenever they wish. These creatures make up, together, millions of sightings and stories like these, and probably more than one of them make up the roots of the chupakabra stories. As for this particular 'whistling spikey demon', I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything.

sounds just like the monsters in the movie "The Village". had loads of spikes coming out of its back, hunched, wore red cloaks and ate small animals like little deers and livestock.. 

HAHA! i saw that movie last weekend it was awesome!! n i agree poor ivy n then poor noah.... oh god dammit poor everyone lol

No one ever said billy whistles....besides, he only attcks who i tell him to 

LMAO good one tongue.gif!!

this creature sounds very familiar but i cant remember from where.... its really gnawing at me now... ARGH! i cant tell wot it is but its like i heard of it a long time ago.... hmmm... i dont think its a wendigo n this chupacabra thingy i have almost no clue wotsoeveer aboot.... never even heard of it until i joined UM... ill get back to ya after some researching...

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't thinking Chupa. From everything I've heard, this sounds far too big to be a chupa.

I'll certainly post here again if I find anything online on this topic. Good topic post!

• 13 years later...

SilverCougar     17

• SilverCougar
  • 10,840 posts

Ok, simplified.

A wendigo is a horrible creature in Native American myth.

......just to add a bit more your discription. A windigo can be made in several ways that we know of. He can be turned by greed, lets say if a passer by is starving and asks for food from you and you dont try to help at all you can be turned. In other accounts, you can be turned by just mearly coming accross the creature. Some even say having a wendigo bite you, if you can escape can turn you. The reason many belive it to be more like a lycanthrope is due to the legend of how to kill the beast. In it you are told the only thing that can truely harm a creature such as the wendigo is silver. You must take a silver weapon (preferably a sword) and cut it to pieces. Then you take the remains and burn them in a fire. Once the fire goes out you must scatter the remains on each of the four corners of the earth. You must be diligent in this for if the remains ever find each other the wendigo will resurect. It will hold a blood lust for the person who killed it. The wendigo wont stop untill they have torn the subject of its murder to pieces. The more the wendigo eats the larger and stronger it becomes. And yes it is known to be seen on the northern forest of the atlantic coast, and the great lakes region of the united states and canada. And yes it is also more likely to be seen during colder tempuratures, because in other names it is the ice monster having a heart of ice. That is why we are meant to burn it to truely kill it.

6 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

This has got to be the oldest necrothread I've ever seen.

Oh my, 13 years.. Though I do miss SilverCougar.

In light of that, I'm going to close this thread, and leave a link to a far more recent topic about wendigos.

Thread closed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked