Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin charges critics with 'blood libel'

zenfahr

Sarah Palin released a video statement Wednesday calling the rush to pin blame on conservatives for the Tucson shooting a “blood libel.”

“Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own,” she said. “They begin and end with the criminals who commit them.”

The rest of the story here

Very sad indeed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent X

• Ignus Fatuus

• Leonardo

• AROCES

As a Democrat ... not a loon I state this. The far left media have gone way overboard with their attacks, while at the same time hypocrisy. Not all of them ... yet some have went way overboard. Cannot find something at the moment to attack a female governer with ... attack here children and grandchildren.

A democratic elected by Arizonia is shot and within minutes Satan jerked off and many including the Sherriff of that town spewed insane hatred, pointed fingers and said things that put others such as O'Reilly, Beck, Palin and Limbaugh in extreme danger. What they did was a threat on their lives.

While the right have been conditioned in their attacks on the left ... the left have seen to come down with a case of blog rabies!!! There should not be one rational person on this site who believes otherwise. Even our local newspaper did the same. Shame on these crooked, hateful idiots.

IT ASHAMES ME TO BE CALLED THE SAME AS PEOPLE SUCH AS THESE!!!

I recently "for a student" and "a question" did a questionarre to see where many at the UM stood within right and left boundries. I found it easy to see that we are directly in the middle. It is we in the middle who need to shut these hate mongering, life threatning idiots up ... before the next person/people are killed.

There is much power in the words of the media ... great power!!! I'm bad with Yoda .. yet I believe he would have stated something like this .. "too far, this has went"!!!

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

10401d1269554887-sarah-palin-targeting-congressional-supporters-health-care-sarahpac_0.jpg

Yeah, she is a clear thinker when it comes to dealing with using targeting hairs to point out the opposition that needs to be taken down.

What a ditz. Her 15 minutes were over long ago. Let her fade into the comic book portion of history.

There are finger pointers on both sides. What astounds me, is how anyone points out how bad the finger pointing is, but then continues to do the same thing.

It reminds me of third graders. "Yeah, I kicked him, but he kicked me first"

10401d1269554887-sarah-palin-targeting-congressional-supporters-health-care-sarahpac_0.jpg

Yeah, she is a clear thinker when it comes to dealing with using targeting hairs to point out the opposition that needs to be taken down.

What a ditz. Her 15 minutes were over long ago. Let her fade into the comic book portion of history.

Her 15 minutes will never stop when people who hate her keep bringing her up.

Sadly, it's the probably inevitable consequence of the polarisation of American politics, and the way that the bickering has, since the last election, gone way beyond bickering and it seems at times as if some (on one side in particular, it's an inescapable fact), fuelled, it seems, almost entirely by an unprecedentedly bitter crop of sour grapes, seem to gleefully look forward to civil war. Perhaps the US will one day follow most of the rest of the world in realising that all parties are pretty much the same and it really doesn't make the slightest difference which one is in power, but as long as the equation in the minds of so many seems to be "liberal=communist=terrorist", that time seems to be a long way off.

lets see if i say lets take a stand against bush, that is good. if i say lets take a stand against obama, that means i want him shot.

Considering liberals are doing their best to blame her for the shootings, then I think it's an apt analogy.

Sarah Palin released a video statement Wednesday calling the rush to pin blame on conservatives for the Tucson shooting a “blood libel.”

“Acts of monstrous criminality stand on their own,” she said. “They begin and end with the criminals who commit them.”

The rest of the story here

Very sad indeed.

While I agree with the actual words she's saying, she's being a hypocrite. The tea and republican party have been just as eager to blame the left.

While Sarah Palin is right to criticise anyone who is trying to apportion blame for this tragedy upon anyone other than the shooter, she could have handled this a little better. Other politicians have made conciliatory remarks about toning down their rhetoric and Palin has missed a chance to join them on the moral high ground. Not saying she apologises for any previous rhetoric, just makes a simple acknowledgement that lively debate doesn't have to include references - however indirect - to physical violence and the use of firearms.

Serious question for the Americans posting here. If a politician in the US uses reason and intelligence to debate or try to make a point to the public, rather than hype and inflammatory rhetoric, are they seen as 'weak' or 'elitist'?

Actually most people won't care to listen. Most people don't rely on reason and intelligence but how people sound.

Especially in my neck of the woods, reason and intelligence are just a lot of mumbo jumbo.

What I really want to know is .... why does she have anything to say in the first place? Could have simply stated that, this was a tradgic event and her prayers were with the families... done and done. But like stated in the article, she has now and forever linked herself to this event. Best way to respond to finger pointers is to ignore them all together, not legitimize their accusations with a responce.

Just my opinion.

Why shouldn't she have anything to say?

Thousands upon thousands of liberals across America are blaming her for the shooting tragedy along with Beck, FOX News, and the Tea Party.

Why should she just shut up?

Doesn't she have any right to defend herself?

At all?

It doesn't matter if she doesn't say anything anyways. The hypocritical liberals will do anything they can to blame her for everything that's wrong with the world.

And she really hasn't done anything to deserve this kind of vitriol other than being a Conservative Christian.

But I guess that's the greatest sins of all time according to the liberal mindset. Being Conservative and Christian.

Free speech is not just for liberals. It gives everyone a right to speak their opinion.

And a right to defend themselves against unwarranted scapegoating.

Serious question for the Americans posting here. If a politician in the US uses reason and intelligence to debate or try to make a point to the public, rather than hype and inflammatory rhetoric, are they seen as 'weak' or 'elitist'?

I won't vote for anyone that uses mainly inflammatory rhetoric...which limits the choices tremendously.

Thousands upon thousands of liberals across America are blaming her for the shooting tragedy along with Beck, FOX News, and the Tea Party.

At all?

It doesn't matter if she doesn't say anything anyways. The hypocritical liberals will do anything they can to blame her for everything that's wrong with the world.

And she really hasn't done anything to deserve this kind of vitriol other than being a Conservative Christian.

But I guess that's the greatest sins of all time according to the liberal mindset. Being Conservative and Christian.

Free speech is not just for liberals. It gives everyone a right to speak their opinion.

no she cant defend herself because she is a republican.

At all?

If it had been a liberal politician who used questionable imagery to 'declare war' on their political opponent(s), then there would no doubt be a lot of finger-pointing from the conservative side of the fence.

Painting all liberals with a broad brush such as you have done is not really helpful. There are people on both sides who gleefully point fingers rather than look for solutions, and the common denominator in all that finger pointing is ignorance. So, rather than add to the divisiveness that already exists, perhaps a little acknowledgement that it is not a person's philosphical outlook or political ideology which determines their reaction, but their level of ignorance?

Edited by Leonardo

While Sarah Palin is right to criticise anyone who is trying to apportion blame for this tragedy upon anyone other than the shooter, she could have handled this a little better. Other politicians have made conciliatory remarks about toning down their rhetoric and Palin has missed a chance to join them on the moral high ground. Not saying she apologises for any previous rhetoric, just makes a simple acknowledgement that lively debate doesn't have to include references - however indirect - to physical violence and the use of firearms.

Depends on who is in the audience.

If it had been a liberal politician who used questionable imagery to 'declare war' on their political opponent(s), then there would no doubt be a lot of finger-pointing from the conservative side of the fence.

Painting all liberals with a broad brush such as you have done is not really helpful. There are people on both sides who gleefully point fingers rather than look for solutions, and the common denominator in all that finger pointing is ignorance. So, rather than add to the divisiveness that already exists, perhaps a little acknowledgement that it is not a person's philosphical outlook or political ideology which determines their reaction, but their level of ignorance?

I'll stop when liberals stop and admit their own hatred and intolerance are not helping matters any and only tearing things apart.

And since that'll never happen, because being right is serious business, then I can never stop.

And stop trying to turn this on me.

I'll stop when liberals stop and admit their own hatred and intolerance are not helping matters any and only tearing things apart.

And since that'll never happen, because being right is serious business, then I can never stop.

This is more about Palin then the conservatives as a whole. What you are doing is not attacking one liberal for there rough comments but every liberal so really your kinda contradicting yourself here.

Go back and read your own posts with a clear mind. Take a break from what you keep saying, and look at what you are currently writing compared to what you normally write like. You are generally pretty centered and balanced and able to see mistakes on both sides, but today...wow...

Never mind.

Edited by Agent X

I have seen statements such as from X who said that "I'll stop when liberals stop and admit their own hatered and intolerance and are only tearing themselves apart" end quote. Nice X!!!

It does not matter how far left or who you "have it in for" ... the american people are seeing what is going on and I can literally say that Obama better do something and quick to fix these matters. We have all seen lately that the far left ... "NOT THE LEFT" ... the far left are digging a grave for the entire democratic party. I have a very huge problem with this!!!

It is time for the moderate liberals to boot these idiots out ... and ridicule the media and bloggers ... and especially sheriffs such as that idiot who endangered the lives of quite a few people with his hate speech.

We the people have got to get a logical grasp on this subject before it becomes far more than we can handle. Not to sound political or "silly" yet it is time for us that are not part of this 10% left and 10% right to put a boot up the ass of these types of people ... who for me seem to be working more for satan than caring for any person in this country.

Birds are falling out of the sky ... fish by the thousands are washing up dead ... if we do not get a handle on subjects as with Arizona we will be next. Doubt me??? Logically prove to me that people have had enough and are not with their fingers on their "rabid" trigger and I will be such a happy man!!!

EDITED TO STATE THAT IN REASON I SHOULD NOT HAVE STATED 10% left and 10% right ... IT SHOULD BE MORE LIKE A 1 % LEFT AND 1 % RIGHT DOING THESE THINGS!!! IF NOT A FRACTION OF THAT!!! UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL ...

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

Nope/ You're just trying to turn this on me. As usual.

It is the liberals who are at fault here. Not me.

When they stop with their hypocrisy and their hate and their intolerance I will stop.

You can continue to call me a hypocrite all you want to, but that simply is not the truth. You can point out all the flaws and try to turn this on me, but that is not the truth.

And the truth is liberals are the most hateful people on the face of this planet. The more you try to blame me the more you convince me of how right I am in my crusade. I've always been alone in this kind of thing, because all people want to do is to play the stupid blame game and blame each other. Because it's fun and trendy to do.

All this crap about blaming conservatives.

This will never stop, so you might as well join it and maybe something will break.

No really stop, because you are doing the exact same thing you claim all liberals are doing and your hate makes these last few posts look rather silly.

Yeah, sure. Whatever.