Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth's shift adds a 13th Zodiac sign [merged x2]

SV-001

The new dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11

Pisces: March 11- April 18

Aries: April 18 - May 13

Taurus: May 13 - June 21

Gemini: June 21 - July 20

Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10

Leo: Aug.10 - September 16

Virgo: September 16 - October 30

Libra: October 30 - November 23

Scorpio: November 23 - November 29

Ophiuchus: November 29 - December 17

Sagittarius: December 17 - Jan.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I liked being capricorn! <_<

Update: Wow I just realized my spelling makes it seem like I'm in the third grade or something.. LOl sorry!

Edited by SV-001

This stuff is total bunk but damn it, I don't like my new one at all.

:unsure:

not that it matters to me in any real sense, i only read my horoscope at the end of the day to see how i did,.

Yes, I now have a new sign...Ophiuchus! (O what us?) No wonder my love life had always been so confusing! :wacko:

I am supposed to be a Ophiuchus ( Ophiuchus , for even more info click here: More ophiuchus info ).

My husband who is a Libra is supposed to be a Virgo, my stepson is supposed to be a Sagittarius instead of a Capricorn, and my son stays with his original sign (Aquarius)according to this newer list.

Meh I'm sticking to the original 12 signs LOL :P, I like being a Scorpio :lol: .

Edited by Blue Box

I like being a ram too!

I remember a long time ago someone telling me that our signs should be different because of the shift, but I didn't want to believe them because I wasn't into astrology. Rams are pretty cute. But fish? UUUGH. :wacko:

Virgo - Leo.

I don't care what the stars say. I'll always be a Virgo.

I guess no one feels like their "new sign" - doesn't fit right.

And if you are the new 13th sign, good luck finding your daily horoscope.^_^

Can anyone say bullcrap?

LOL

There's no science behind astrology anyway and this is further proof. Maybe this will open the minds of the gullible?

Doubt it.

Can anyone say bullcrap?

LOL

There's no science behind astrology anyway and this is further proof. Maybe this will open the minds of the gullible?

Doubt it.

It's not about believing.. i personally never read horoscopes and i don't feel like my life is ruled by planets. I think we all just like to say we're "this sign". I was RAM!! a RAMM!!!! damn now im a guy with a bow..=/

This really annoys me. whoever came up with the "13th sign" nonsense has absolutely no understanding of Astrology whatsoever.

If they did they'd realise there are 360 signs. The 12 we refer to are simply arbitrary divisions of these 360 signs that over 2000 years or more have proven to be practical applications and hence are accepted in Western astrology as official.

here's a little bit of general philosophy on the way Astrology works.

1. Every sign is a reaction to the intensities of the sign preceding it.

In other words, every experience leads to the next experience in life. This is cyclical. So you go through many patterns of "growth" psychologically, constantly completing and beginning new phases of life, evolving as you repsond to experience, gaining mastery over experiences, moving onto their next expression.

this happens incremnetally. So between part 1 & part 2, you wouldn't notice a lot of difference. consider a giant circle, say, a km in diameter. you are on the edge of the circle, walking around its circumference. You divide the massive circle into 360 little divisions and walk from division one to division two. It seems as though you are walking in a straight line. But your not. Your walking a curved line.

If you walked ahead another 30 division, stop and turn around, then draw a straight line back to where you started from, you would very clearly see you have walked in a curve.

This is the concept of the "sign". A sign is merely an arbitrary division of 30 deg that serves as a shorthand generalization of commonalities between all 30 individual experiences that make up one sign.

2. historical and cultural precedence

You can start your division anywhere on that circle and make signs of any division you like, 10, 12, anything that divides into that 360 degree circle. In roman times there were in Europe many different kinds of Atsrology. All said the same basic thing. the romans originally worked with very few signs, and the Celts actually had a 13-sign system. in every continent humans have existed in, a system of Astrology was formed, based on divisions of cycles.

So it's completely arbitrary how you do this, what you call the signs and number systems you use.

What is NOT arbitrary is their meaning. For example, Greek Centaur, the Chinese Rat, are both the same kind of person. The South Chinese goat, north chinese sheep, the crab, both what we in english call Cancer.

the fact of the matter is that despite its reputation, and exploitation, and despite the crowd it attracts of the gullible and the weird, ACTUAL astrology DOES work.

there is a lot information to clearly suggest a correlation between cycles of time and predictable behaviour patterns.

if you think about, if astrology never even existed, we'd still have no problem accepting this concept. It is no less profound when expressed in the mundane. the ebb and flow of the tides, el nino patterns, seasons. It's remarkable to consider the passage of evolution through these cycles to get to where we are today. All the life forms that grow and organise themsleves on the Earth's "wobble" over millenia.

But Atsrology takes this concept to a another level. It has long and vast history that goes well beyond our understanding of society. over thousands upon thousands of generations came to this point of mapping these cycles within the human experience. It came to this point long before we inherited it. It is evoving still.

3. the Signs today

the current form of Astrology we have is about 80-100 years old. That is the system they currently use in the popular media, and the style most people are familiar with. And it's a total scam, complete bogus garbage, and as Sagan put it "fuzzy (at BEST!) thinking."

but If you scratch the surface and get contemporary works on Atsrology by authors like Liz greene and Robert Hand, that style is much younger, and is still being developed, and will continue.

the essential system both use however is the same 12 sign system used by Isac Newton, Elizabeth I and is probably about 1000-1500 years old.

The roots of system go back into roman styles, which go back int greek, which go back into Persian, which go back to the fertile crescent period. Somewhere in this period the same essential germ took root in India and Chin. they developed differently, but achieved the same results.

the Aztec use a very different astrological system. I know little about this, but I do know one version I have encountered had 22 signs, 24 depending on the year. Complex!

the celtic system that is enjoying a revival currently uses tree species as signs, and incorporates a 13th division to express "blue moon" events.

Today however the essential contemporary system is fairly post-modern, but from a technical point of view not entirely ecclectic. the system we use works, and it's good. you can experiment with it, but at it's core it's highly sophisticated and very easy to understand.

4. Why the 13th sign proponents are d********s.

the system we use is simple.

A cicrle (orbit of the sun, turn of the earth, cycles of planets, turn of seasons whatever. now we have computers we can look up an electric ephemeris and have no need to use the stars.!)

Divided into 12.

6 male signs, 6 females signs (Polarity.)

4 Cardinal signs, 4 fixed signs, 4 Mutable signs (Modality)

3 fire, 3 Earth, 3 Air, 3 Water

Every sign has a Polarity, a modality and an elemnetal. Each one is unique, there are no repeats.

Thus:

Aries : Male, Cardinal, Fire

taurus : Female, Fixed, Earth

gemini: M, mutable, Air

Cancer : F, Cardinal, Water

leo : M, Fixed, Fire

Virgo : F, Mutable

Libra :m, Carinal, Air

Scorpio : F, Fixed, Water

Sagitarrius :M , Mutable, Fire

Capricorn :F, Cardinal, Earth

Aquarius :M, Fixed, Air

Pisces :F, Mutable, Water

So, what is the Polarity, modality and element of the 13 sign? What? You don't know? But you came in here crowing on about your 13th sign, I thought you knew about Atsrology????

You d********.

• Like 1

So I found out today that I am now an Aquarius instead of a Pisces. Check out http://porkrhine.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/i-hope-you-never-got-your-zodiac-symbol-tattooed/ and just out of curiosity, did anyone else have a sudden changed in their own sign? If so, what does that mean to you?

This really annoys me. whoever came up with the "13th sign" nonsense has absolutely no understanding of Astrology whatsoever.

If they did they'd realise there are 360 signs. The 12 we refer to are simply arbitrary divisions of these 360 signs that over 2000 years or more have proven to be practical applications and hence are accepted in Western astrology as official.

here's a little bit of general philosophy on the way Astrology works.

1. Every sign is a reaction to the intensities of the sign preceding it.

In other words, every experience leads to the next experience in life. This is cyclical. So you go through many patterns of "growth" psychologically, constantly completing and beginning new phases of life, evolving as you repsond to experience, gaining mastery over experiences, moving onto their next expression.

this happens incremnetally. So between part 1 & part 2, you wouldn't notice a lot of difference. consider a giant circle, say, a km in diameter. you are on the edge of the circle, walking around its circumference. You divide the massive circle into 360 little divisions and walk from division one to division two. It seems as though you are walking in a straight line. But your not. Your walking a curved line.

If you walked ahead another 30 division, stop and turn around, then draw a straight line back to where you started from, you would very clearly see you have walked in a curve.

This is the concept of the "sign". A sign is merely an arbitrary division of 30 deg that serves as a shorthand generalization of commonalities between all 30 individual experiences that make up one sign.

2. historical and cultural precedence

You can start your division anywhere on that circle and make signs of any division you like, 10, 12, anything that divides into that 360 degree circle. In roman times there were in Europe many different kinds of Atsrology. All said the same basic thing. the romans originally worked with very few signs, and the Celts actually had a 13-sign system. in every continent humans have existed in, a system of Astrology was formed, based on divisions of cycles.

So it's completely arbitrary how you do this, what you call the signs and number systems you use.

What is NOT arbitrary is their meaning. For example, Greek Centaur, the Chinese Rat, are both the same kind of person. The South Chinese goat, north chinese sheep, the crab, both what we in english call Cancer.

the fact of the matter is that despite its reputation, and exploitation, and despite the crowd it attracts of the gullible and the weird, ACTUAL astrology DOES work.

there is a lot information to clearly suggest a correlation between cycles of time and predictable behaviour patterns.

if you think about, if astrology never even existed, we'd still have no problem accepting this concept. It is no less profound when expressed in the mundane. the ebb and flow of the tides, el nino patterns, seasons. It's remarkable to consider the passage of evolution through these cycles to get to where we are today. All the life forms that grow and organise themsleves on the Earth's "wobble" over millenia.

But Atsrology takes this concept to a another level. It has long and vast history that goes well beyond our understanding of society. over thousands upon thousands of generations came to this point of mapping these cycles within the human experience. It came to this point long before we inherited it. It is evoving still.

3. the Signs today

the current form of Astrology we have is about 80-100 years old. That is the system they currently use in the popular media, and the style most people are familiar with. And it's a total scam, complete bogus garbage, and as Sagan put it "fuzzy (at BEST!) thinking."

but If you scratch the surface and get contemporary works on Atsrology by authors like Liz greene and Robert Hand, that style is much younger, and is still being developed, and will continue.

the essential system both use however is the same 12 sign system used by Isac Newton, Elizabeth I and is probably about 1000-1500 years old.

The roots of system go back into roman styles, which go back int greek, which go back into Persian, which go back to the fertile crescent period. Somewhere in this period the same essential germ took root in India and Chin. they developed differently, but achieved the same results.

the Aztec use a very different astrological system. I know little about this, but I do know one version I have encountered had 22 signs, 24 depending on the year. Complex!

the celtic system that is enjoying a revival currently uses tree species as signs, and incorporates a 13th division to express "blue moon" events.

Today however the essential contemporary system is fairly post-modern, but from a technical point of view not entirely ecclectic. the system we use works, and it's good. you can experiment with it, but at it's core it's highly sophisticated and very easy to understand.

4. Why the 13th sign proponents are d********s.

the system we use is simple.

A cicrle (orbit of the sun, turn of the earth, cycles of planets, turn of seasons whatever. now we have computers we can look up an electric ephemeris and have no need to use the stars.!)

Divided into 12.

6 male signs, 6 females signs (Polarity.)

4 Cardinal signs, 4 fixed signs, 4 Mutable signs (Modality)

3 fire, 3 Earth, 3 Air, 3 Water

Every sign has a Polarity, a modality and an elemnetal. Each one is unique, there are no repeats.

Thus:

Aries : Male, Cardinal, Fire

taurus : Female, Fixed, Earth

gemini: M, mutable, Air

Cancer : F, Cardinal, Water

leo : M, Fixed, Fire

Virgo : F, Mutable

Libra :m, Carinal, Air

Scorpio : F, Fixed, Water

Sagitarrius :M , Mutable, Fire

Capricorn :F, Cardinal, Earth

Aquarius :M, Fixed, Air

Pisces :F, Mutable, Water

So, what is the Polarity, modality and element of the 13 sign? What? You don't know? But you came in here crowing on about your 13th sign, I thought you knew about Atsrology????

You d********.

Great info! But i hope you didn't call me a douchebag lol

You d********.

You sure seem annoyed but who are you actually talking to?

Are you speaking to the ones who are light hearted in this thread or are you attempting to speak to the ones who made this system up who arnt actually here?

It seems as if you are saying those who say they are now the 13th sign(or their sign has changed)are crowing and that you thought they knew about astrology. And then You call Them ********s?... :huh:

Edited by Kazahel

I'm apparently an Aquarius now too. I'll always consider myself a Pisces though. Even if astrology is really just BS in the end, I really do embody the traits of a Pisces.

Went from a Scorpio to a Libra. Talk about downgrade :ph34r:

No offense Libras of old.