Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A creepy 1989 French film called Marquis

clockworkgirl21

Here is a trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4bZ1p528r0

I must warn you, it's very NSFW. It's a fictional account of the Marquis de Sade's last days and the French Revolution. The actors are wearing animal masks, and the voices were added later. The entire movie is on Youtube, but only in French. I've seen the whole thing, only being able to understand a word or two. I've looked on Amazon, but it costs $40, which I don't have. I guess I'll have to continue watching in French for awhile!

And yes, the Marquis talks to his penis, who he has named Collin.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clockworkgirl21

• ~TheBigK~

• Belial

• Shut-In-Barrien

How did they make those masks? It looks like they require some kind of animatronics, but many of them are so small... and yes, it is very creepy. It's hard to tell what animal most of them are supposed to be, if anything.

The entire movie is on Youtube, but only in French. I've seen the whole thing, only being able to understand a word or two. I've looked on Amazon, but it costs $40, which I don't have. I guess I'll have to continue watching in French for awhile!

Is it a good movie since your re-watching it when there is a language barrier

To quote one of the YouTube comments: What the ____, France?!

I managed to download subtitles for it! So now I'm watching and reading the subs from the wordpad as I go along. It's pretty interesting.

Started watching it. I guess it's pretty creepy, but I'm not easily phased when it comes to these kind of films.

I mean, he dresses up his penis and has a chill conversation with it. Can anyone take that seriously?

Started watching it. I guess it's pretty creepy, but I'm not easily phased when it comes to these kind of films.

I mean, he dresses up his penis and has a chill conversation with it. Can anyone take that seriously?

If he didn't have an animal mask on, I'd be cracking up. But he does, which makes it really creepy in my opinion lol.

Now that I've seen it with subtitles, I don't think the penis was actually alive. The Marquis was talking to it as if it was because he was sexually frustrated and lonely.

What's creepy? I think it looks cool and want to see the whole feature but with subs.

3 years of french = nothing today lol i understand something nothing.

:blink: Totally weird and unsuitable for viewing by anyone (besides children), also not produced by morbid film mogul Tim Burton. :no:

I've now watched the whole thing with subtitles available. I must say, I enjoyed it. It looks stupid, but really, the characters were so likable despite being pervy jerks that I got into it. My favorite character was the perverted priest, who was a camel.